- - - - -

INR home testing and hemorrhagic stroke risk

bleeding stroke supplement stack

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jim Morrison

• 70 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 05:09 PM

Would it make sense to purchase a INR home monitoring device to adjust one's long-term supplement stack to safe levels of blood thinning? Also, would there be rationale to re-test regularly once a stack has been adjusted to result in optimal INR?

#2 Jim Morrison

• Topic Starter
  • 70 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 05:33 AM

Ok, so I have decided to give this a shot and bought one of the most common home monitoring devices. Its used for self-testing in people on pharmaceutical blood thinners such as coumadin. I'll report how this will work out...

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Jim Morrison

• Topic Starter
  • 70 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 07:06 PM

So, I have measured my INR levels using a Roche Coaguchek after stopping all supps for a bit more than a week (except caffeine) and then getting back on them stepwise. Baseline  INR: 1.0 

1st, Getting back on my standard Gingko dose of 120mg ed for a week.  INR: 1.0 

2nd, Addition of 1 Lovaza eod for the next week:  INR : 1.0 

3rd, Addition of 1 baby aspirin ed for the next week: INR. 1.1

4rd, Addition of 642mg Glucosamine, 200mg Rhodiola, 4000 IE Vitamin D, b-complex (with MeCbl) ed to get back to my final stack for another week: INR 1.0

My n=1 conclusion from this expensive little experiment is that the fear of blood thinning from longevity/nootropic supplements seems somewhat overrated.

INR-Range-Chart-10.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bleeding, stroke, supplement stack

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users