5htp

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 timeout

• 3 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 August 2016 - 07:37 PM

Hello!

I'm new here,I hope i'm posting this in the right section.

I have a problem with 5 HTP. Has almost stopped working after just two weeks.

I took my first pill about two weeks ago,in the evening ,and it felt...magic.

I've been depresed for a long time,bad anxiety,had mood swings,ADD,you get the picture.I'm almost 39 years old.

All i did to treat my condition was exercise,eating right,trying to relieve the stress without medication. No supplements except green tea extract,flaxseed oil capsules,and occasionally st. john's wort (no st. john wort those weeks)

After i took the first 5-HTP pill,the world started to look normal again,like i was transported back in time for at least 15 years. I think that from my attention deficiency(or the mix of my conditions,i'm not sure) time was passing fast every day. I don't know how to explain this but a football (soccer) game felt like 30-40 minutes,instead of 90.

After a long 30 minutes period,a football game started on tv. I enjoyed every minute of that game,and it felt like 3 hours.

My mood was excelent,i socialized the next day way more than before,i felt more relaxed and my mind was clear and focused when i needed. I can't remember everything but it was excelent.

My endurance increased at least 20% (i was able to complete my gym routine in under 30 minutes with no problem,the same routine took at least 40-45 minutes before). The muscle recovery was improved,i could not feel soreness at all. I must mention that my routine is fitness based,not hard on weights(lower back problems).

The next day was the same,i did NOT take any 5 htp ,the mood was great. I told my wife that something changed and i hope is forever. Unfortunately i think is not.

On the third day i took one 5 htp pill,the mood was boosted a little but nothing like the first day. I would say 50% or less effective compared to the first pill. The 4-th day(i took one pill),the same,or even less.

The next days i alternated like 2 days one pill/day,3-th day no pill.

Today,no pill. The mood has decreased from happy (first pill) to sometimes relaxed. Anxiety is back (not so bad as before),i feel a little depresed,less focused.

My stamina has remained above my usual best,the time perception is still normal (at least i think so) meaning that one game of football still lasts way longer than before.

I thought about increasing the dosage (3 pill / day recommended dosage on the box) but not so sure what to do...what do you think? One pill of what i take (it's called 5-HTP Plus) contains 70 mg 5-htp, 70 mg valeriana officinalis,70 mg passiflora incarnata,50 mg magnesium citrate and 1.2 mg B6 vitamin.

Has anyone else experienced something similar? Should i try something different?

Is N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine something that i should add to 5-htp ? Or maybe SAM-e? Or should i try them solo?

Thank you for your time,feel free to ask me anything.

#2 NinefingerJoe

• 65 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 08:16 PM

You may be experiencing serotonin down regulation. Not sure if it's possible with 5HTP but I know it happens sometimes with SSRIs.
They're currently talking about it here (as it pertains to OCD)
http://www.longecity...rk/#entry786510

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 timeout

• Topic Starter
  • 3 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 August 2016 - 11:32 AM

You may be experiencing serotonin down regulation. Not sure if it's possible with 5HTP but I know it happens sometimes with SSRIs.
They're currently talking about it here (as it pertains to OCD)
http://www.longecity...rk/#entry786510

Thank you,i'll take a look.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 5htp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users