• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

How to upregulate/heal GABA receptors after GBL/GHB/Phenibut addiction?

gbl gbb phenibut benzodiazepines gabab gabaa

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#31 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 September 2018 - 01:06 AM

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC2896676/

High secretion of GABA was observed after 60 minutes' contact with NS extract at 25 and 250 μg/mL.

This study pointed that NS possibly facilitates the inhibitory activity of the GABAergic system through a competitive agonist action in the benzodiazepine (BZD) site of the GABA receptor as well as the involvement of dopaminergic and noradrenergic system. The confirmed presence of GABA in the methanolic extract could be directly related to its conduct over the GABA receptor and this could explain the potent sedative and depressive effect on CNS as previously reported.

In conclusion, this study suggests a sedative effect of NS methanolic extract by modification of neurotransmitter amino acids release, because the NS extract may induce an important release of GABA and Gly in the cultured neurons medium and therefore, exert an increase in the agonist action over their receptors.

this study is in vitro, petri dish. thats not even close to rats , let alone humans

#32 Omega 3 Snake Oil

• 257 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 September 2018 - 01:29 AM

I think Parnate and Homotaurine are the most promising for upregulating GABA-B receptors.

The homotaurine supps I've seen advertised claim to work on the hippocampus. Could it potentially heal GABA receptors elsewhere? I'm worried the GABA receptors in my hypothalamus are torched from some neurodegenerative process (Lyme, mold, copper and maybe prions).

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#33 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 September 2018 - 05:05 PM

this study is in vitro, petri dish. thats not even close to rats , let alone humans

Well that sucks. I wonder how many Ncbi Studies I read that I thought seemed promising that ended up using a freaking Petri dish lol

The homotaurine supps I've seen advertised claim to work on the hippocampus. Could it potentially heal GABA receptors elsewhere? I'm worried the GABA receptors in my hypothalamus are torched from some neurodegenerative process (Lyme, mold, copper and maybe prions).

It seems like allopregnenolone can help a ton with those who have gaba issues. Maybe get your progesterone and pregnenolone levels checked as those convert the process to allopregnenolone which is deemed as “nature’s benzodiazepine.”

#34 Galaxyshock

• 1,460 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 05:21 PM

Endozepines are the real nature's benzos.  ;)

There's also an endogenous GABA-antagonist, which production Kava decreases, but can't remember the name.

#35 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 September 2018 - 09:21 PM

allopregnenolone has a lot of promise but its not commercial available for some reason. not sure taking plain pregnenolone works the same since i tried it with no results, but positive studies do mention only allopregnenolone. it can probably be brought from chemical companies but you need a special account...

#36 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 September 2018 - 09:30 PM

It seems like cholesterol converts to pregnenolone which converts to progesterone which then converts to 5a-DHP which then converts to Allopregnenolone so perhaps both pregnenolone and progesterone need to be supplemented adequately for the proper conversion of allopregnenolone.

#37 Omega 3 Snake Oil

• 257 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 September 2018 - 10:33 PM

Well that sucks. I wonder how many Ncbi Studies I read that I thought seemed promising that ended up using a freaking Petri dish lol

It seems like allopregnenolone can help a ton with those who have gaba issues. Maybe get your progesterone and pregnenolone levels checked as those convert the process to allopregnenolone which is deemed as “nature’s benzodiazepine.”

allopregnenolone has a lot of promise but its not commercial available for some reason. not sure taking plain pregnenolone works the same since i tried it with no results, but positive studies do mention only allopregnenolone. it can probably be brought from chemical companies but you need a special account...

I've tried regular pregnenolone, 25mg caps I broke open and divided up into roughly 5mg portions, and it made me much worse: Slowed my breathing, made my POTS flare up (low BP), and dropped my body temp so I was shivering. Not pleasant. I read somewhere it downregulates GABA receptors? This would make sense in my case...

#38 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,634 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 01:56 PM

I have a suspicion that people that suffer protracted withdrawal from gabaergics actually suffer from down regulation of glutamic acid decarboxylase (GAD) rather than gaba receptor down regulation.  I further suspect this is an epigenetic change that can take a *long* time to reverse, if ever.

In any case, something that up regulates the production of GAD would be useful even if your gaba receptors were down regulated.

• Informative x 1

#39 Galaxyshock

• 1,460 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 05:35 AM

I have a suspicion that people that suffer protracted withdrawal from gabaergics actually suffer from down regulation of glutamic acid decarboxylase (GAD) rather than gaba receptor down regulation.  I further suspect this is an epigenetic change that can take a *long* time to reverse, if ever.

In any case, something that up regulates the production of GAD would be useful even if your gaba receptors were down regulated.

Gotu Kola and Valerian root upregulate GAD enzyme if I remember correctly.

#40 BioHacker=Life

• 249 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 06:44 AM

CR diet.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/15211593

#41 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 October 2018 - 03:27 AM

whats CR ? i know it means limiting calories. so should one eat only one bite of mcdonalds meal or just few fruits? not sure how this protocol works honestly

#42 BioHacker=Life

• 249 posts

Posted 04 February 2019 - 04:57 AM

whats CR ? i know it means limiting calories. so should one eat only one bite of mcdonalds meal or just few fruits? not sure how this protocol works honestly

Sigh it's Caloric restriction with adequate nutrition. https://en.wikipedia...rie_restriction

So 2500 calories is roughly normal and CR can go as low as 500.

One of the most proven ways to help reduce age related degenerative disorders and may extend human lifespan.

I follow a mod version of this mixed with paleo, raw, and fermented diet. Thankfully there's plenty of novel raw chemicals I can use for fuel like MCT and Beta-Hydroxybutyrate.

#43 fred899

• 2 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 July 2020 - 01:57 PM

Creatine:

https://pubmed.ncbi....h.gov/17526013/

#44 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,634 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 02:25 PM

Good find.  I wonder if there's any in vivo testing of creatine wrt GAD production?  I looked but nothing jumped out at me.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#45 mbdrinker

• 135 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 November 2022 - 07:27 PM

I ve never had any withdrawals from phenibut. It just stops working. So i just switch to other substances. Why  abuse by prolonged increased doses?...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gbl, gbb, phenibut, benzodiazepines, gabab, gabaa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users