- - - - -

The Muslims' Take-Over

• Please log in to reply
189 replies to this topic

#61 th3hegem0n

• 379 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 01:50 AM

impose our democracy

Hahahaha... why can't you just admit you have been completely suckered in to these ridiculous ideas somehow and get done embarrasing yourself.

#62 th3hegem0n

• 379 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 01:53 AM

impose our democracy

Was the North "imposing it's freedom" among the Slaves?

Think about that long and hard, mull it over for at least a month. Then get back to me.

#63 simple

• 258 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 02:51 AM

No, it was a matter of "cheap labor", I dont agree with the social politics of the time, but look over history, slavery had always and still exist, prior and during the roman times, the arab tribes, many europeans ended up on the hands of the Ottoman empire, up until last century, slavery was still practiced in England, and today many of us still are slaves (some unwittingly, some unknowingly).

The reasons for slavery was not to target an specific race or to anihilate and specific group, the commonality for the slave trade through the ages was money, the more people you had tending the fields the richer you became, the stronger your army, the more women to bed.

But many slaved by higher powers were able to have something free, their minds
their thougths, their beliefs, it is easy for the governments and reliogious groups to enslave people, as of begining of the century CARL MARX said " religion is the opiate of the people", those are the ones to fear because they do not know that they had given up the ultimate liberty, the freedom of thougth, let that not happen to you my friend

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. [] To go ad-free join as a Member.

• Lurker

Posted 24 February 2006 - 03:19 AM

Space Exploration is exactly what that "old money ex-drunk, duty-evading, born again Christian with an IQ that makes Dan Quayle look like a regular genius" Bush, is pushing for right now with moon and mars bases. This is just the very very beginning. America will be the leader in space exploration and will be the first to benefit from mining and space manufacturing and other discovery's. China can make the TV set's.

Anyone on our side has nothing to fear.

"Your side" is fast becoming an increasingly lonely place.

I've tried to get myself to like Bush. I really have. After all, I'm more of a conservative than a libertarian. But watching his reaction when that plane crashed in NY, seeing the spin machines brainwash an entire nation, and seeing the constitution being made into a farce - that's unacceptable. Don't be fooled - Bush isn't interested in space exploration - he has a lot of promises to keep and billions of gallons of oil to secure before his administration sleeps.. Are you sure you're not thinking about Reagan? Now that was a Republican.

Bush's administration consists of various shades of incompetence, cronyism and extraordinarily intimate ties to corporate corruption on geopolitical scales. Can you believe Wolfowitz becoming leader of the World Bank? This is an administration that favors the Roman ideal of a republic rather than the classic values of citizen-rights equality fashioned by the inventors of this political system - the ancient Greeks. It has evolved into a system of democracy where one must effectively earn (purchase) the rights of citizenship rather than that they be conferred upon birth. And those rights of citizenship even once paid for have lost the value they once had thanks to abominations like the patriot act. The cherised notion of American liberty is not what it used to be.

#65 simple

• 258 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 03:46 AM

Good post PROMETHEUS, we have shady politics and mix interests, the western world will never be the same again, we base our judgements on the ridicule parody of the daily news, we pass judgement on black and white, ignoring the gray areas of our international and home politics, we cant expect honesty and truth , we get to see only versions of it

I am so discourage when I listen to talk shows, as much as the left or rigth half of the stuff is just blatant lies, mixed with bits of truth, so as to confuse the real issues in stake, this guys need to go back to school and learn the meaning of integrity.

More sad is the fact that we have become gullible and we believe everything that we hear or say , people refuse to see the truth or to seek it .

#66 th3hegem0n

• 379 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 04:04 AM

But many slaved by higher powers were able to have something free, their minds
their thougths, their beliefs, it is easy for the governments and reliogious groups to enslave people, as of begining of the century CARL MARX said " religion is the opiate of the people", those are the ones to fear because they do not know that they had given up the ultimate liberty, the freedom of thougth, let that not happen to you my friend

Dude. These people were enslaved physically.

They didn't have time for thinking, they were plowing fields and getting lynched.

Why do you dodge such an obvious question: Slavery was BAD and FIXING IT was GOOD- even against the will of the South, and even if it meant war!

ie. Sometimes war is the answer! like... Iraq, Afghanistan, etc.

#67 th3hegem0n

• 379 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 04:06 AM

If you try to deny that, I know a couple of black guys that would like to meet you, very personally.

[sfty]

#68 biknut

• 1,892 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 04:10 AM

It really doesn't matter who is president. Republican of DemOrat, The president is just a figure head anyway. It just makes me feel better if it's a Republican, makes no difference about what happens though. Bush's main problem is he looks like Ernest T. Bass on the Andy Griffith show.

The fact remains space is the next frontier. It's going to take mega bucks to get us there. We need the resource's found in space so that's where we'll go. America is the leader in space. Bush is pushing us that way because somebody told him too. Whoever is the next president will do the same, and every one after that too. If you're young and trying to decide on a career choice, start thinking along these lines.

If you're hopeing for America to fail you'll be very disappointed.

The terrorists don't have a chance in hell at defeating us. The reason we're in Iraq is because we would rather kill them over there and keep them busy so they stay the hell away from here. We need a place to test our new wepons of mass destruction anyway.

#69 simple

• 258 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 04:44 AM

th3hegemOn, I never implied that slavery was good, what was the question?? I will make it clearer for you, since it seems that you only listen to what you want to listen.

I stated that we (America), did not started slavery, people without scruples and full of greed took advantage of an existing situation, the DUTCH helped much on that particular (slave trade) I still dont see any one asking for reparation from them .

I stated that slavery was not targeted to a specific ethnic group, trough the years slaves have been of many races, creeds and colors.

The American revolution and the French revolution were some of the prime samples for the new thinking, still, even after the American revolution , slavery continued on many other countries in the world

I stated that even under opression and slavement, no one can take away from you, your beliefs and your thougths, many died on the hands of the OTTOMAN EMPIRE it was offered to them that in order to regain freedom they had to renounce to their beliefs, and many died because they would not.

I finally stated that nowadays the worse type of slavement is the one of the mind,more so because is involuntary, let that be from religious fanatics that kill their children and themselves, and I am not specifically talking about terrorists

Or from the media which is constantly bombarding us with wrong choices, met any crack addict lately, you should see their kids when they are born, (they cry non stop, because of the withdrawal simptoms ) from their moms hooked on drugs.

Or from ignorace, because Honesty and Integrity and Civism is no longer a prime agenda from our government, and we no longer invest in education or in our youth, it is cheaper to recruit heads from other countries than invest on our people....and you seem to be a prime example of it.

#70 simple

• 258 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 04:57 AM

BIKNUT, I am also a fan of scienxce fiction, america is back on to the space program, because private money is investing on it.

They are pushing the agenda on becoming independent from oil, no one seems to know where to start, and believe me they will find a way to take your money some other how. Have you check the prices of the hibrid cars ?, how about gasohol, its been used in Brazil since 1970's, there has been many solutions at hand , but major companies have kept all under covers, as unamerican as it may be, they want you to cough up money from your nose.

And the war is pretty good, all terrorist (14 of them ) were SAUDI ARABIAN CITIZENS, even OSAMA BIN LADEN, so we decided to turn around and bomb IRAK, explain that one to me.

One more, if every american is so piss with muslim extremists how come not a single american muslim group has publicly condem them for the violence?
What they fear ??

#71 biknut

• 1,892 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 05:21 AM

The terrorists are like flys and Iraq is like shit. Flys are attracted to shit. That's why there are so many terrorists there. If we keep them there, they can't do you and me any harm here.

I get 50 mpg on my bike. Your point of view is skewed because you live out there in commie land. The cost of living is a lot less in Texas. We have lot of jobs too. You should improve your life and move here.

#72 simple

• 258 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 05:36 AM

BIKNUT: I am not a serious guy, I love California and its weather, I bitch a lot, but Im still here, rather hold on to my two jobs, nothing wrong with Texas do, also I like my main job, on the other hand if I was to pedal my way to work, most likely Ill end up with a burst lung, so I stay here and take my kids to the beach and Tijuana, end up buying a pad over the border 3 bedroom 2 story house $29k, cant beat that . Conmuting sucks do, its 45 min to 1 1/2 hr too many people overhere.

#73 rodentman

• 208 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 05:49 AM

Promethius?????
Why all the Lies???

There is no way, I will ever believe that you are anything other than a liberal. I have no problem with that. most of my family is liberal; my wife is liberal.

Everything you say is straight off of Air-America.

'Fundamental Christianity is more dangerous to society than fundamental Islam'

'Our involvement in the Afghanistan and Iraq is a conspiracy to take their oil.'

'Fox News and Wallmart are the the devil, and the source of all Wrong-thinking'

As you can guess, I'm a partisan (duh). I'm a finance/econ professor and I am fiscally conservative to the bone, and I support our country's meddling of other countries. Maybe I'm wrong about everything, but I will never say, 'Boy, I loved that Jimmy Carter, but when Clinton came in, I switched parties'

Also, Have you forgotten what Reagan did??? His in-your face agression against Krushchev and later Gorbachav, and his costly arms buildup is interpreted by many as bringing us to the brink of WWIII.

He was the champion of Supply-Side, trickle-down, and Friedman economics. His tax cuts in 81 were legendary. He cut the tax rate on the richest in half. His deficit/GDP Percentage were higher than Bush Jr. levels, (Not Bush Sr.). His military spending was 3x as much as a percentage of total fed expenditures as Bush ever was.

In Many respects, he was like Bush on steroids. He was the most hated president I've lived through. the propoganda against him would have made Michael Moore proud. He was contantly painted as a braindead senile old racist who wanted to kill all gays, and wanted to start world war III. All he cared about was helping the super-rich, he was in bed with all the corporations, and pretended not to remember anything during the Iran/Contra fiasco.

Watch 'world of confusion' music video by Genesis, and it'll all come back to you.

By the way, I'm a big Phil Collins fan.

Rodentman

#74 biknut

• 1,892 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 06:06 AM

Yea Reagan, he was my favorite president. He really knew how to bomb a terrorist. He didn't send no chicken shit cruse missiles. He'd sent a whole bomber squadron half way across the world nonstop to bomb a ragheads rag off.

#75 rodentman

• 208 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 06:18 AM

Simple

I was just down in San diego. Man my son loved Sea World, and that gas lamp district has more sports bars than ive ever seen.

Am I the only one who felt like the "Muhammed Cartoons' were the beginning of the end???

One thing I'm accustom to in the west is our irreverence towards religion, politicians, etc in the media. If you want to know what I mean, watch South Park, or Family Guy. But, when the Muhammed Cartoons started to appear, I really felt like, for the first time, Millitant Islam had penetrated the US media.

Media outlets who gladly would show a cruccifix in a bottle of urine, had captions saying,

< CNN has chosen to not show the cartoons out of respect for Islam. >

I wanted to strangle someone when I saw that. Its not that CNN is staffed with Islamofasciists. From what I heard, a minority of peacefull muslims threatened to quit if it was printed. This on top of the fact, that they were legitametly SCARED or retribution from the outside.

Just an observation...

RodentMan

#76 boundlesslife

• Life Member in cryostasis
  • 206 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 06:19 AM

Re: comments by rodentman -

I'm surpised to hear this sentiment in an immortality-based topic.  The key to immortality is medical breakthroughs...  The more nations that contribute to this, the larger the pool of research, and the higher the possibility of real breakthroughs in the foreesable future. I personally think the west's past monopoly on research has been harmful in the big scheme of things. (YES I AM AN EVIL GLOBALIST) moohhhoooohahhhhaahah (EVIL LAUGH) Rodentman

At this posting I've just echoed rodentman's outlook as to the possible benefits globalization might bring to immortalism, China being the focus. Good comments (as quoted above, plus your other, unquoted remarks), Rodentman!

(The name "Rodentman" may not have anything to do with the book, "Who Moved My Cheese", but it seems to fit, and cheese is definitely "on the move"! Below is the link to this book on Amazon.com)

Who Moved My Cheese?

boundlesslife

#77 rodentman

• 208 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 06:33 AM

Thanks Boundless. I'm just trying to spread the word!!!!!!

You sure do like to pitch books. HAHAHA

By the way, RodentMan is my homage to our fuzzy little friends . Rodents will save us all in one way or another. Isn't that what the 'M' prize is all about?

RodentMan

• Lurker

Posted 24 February 2006 - 06:52 AM

I support our country's meddling of other countries.

It's extraordinarily arrogant to hold the view that America, or any other country for that matter, has the right to interfere with the government of sovereign nations. More alarming, however, is how dangerous such absurd notions can be for they foster anywhere from ill will to downright contempt and ultimately fanatical hatred. Peace can only exist when all (surviving) parties involved perceive they have an equitable degree of freedom from external control in the decisions they make for their destiny. For example, the present administration's notion of peace and freedom in Iraq is an abyssmal failure and will continue to be for as long as the Iraqis feel that they are being occupied by America.

With great power comes great responsibility. When responsibility is not exercised and power is misused, the universe has a way of bringing balance again. I admit I dread the notion of a world without America having so much control - for that control would then fall in the hands of an unknown, and there is fear in the unknown. Inconceivable as it may seem, however, history teaches us that no nation, no empire, no matter how great has ever survived itself. All have eventually crumbled. As the spectators, fodder, pawns and collateral damage that we ultimately are, we can only hope that the next incarnation of power rules with a more benign hand.

#79 rodentman

• 208 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 07:22 AM

Geeesh promethius, I put that comment in there so you could see that Im at the opposite spectrum as you politically. Not so you could debate me on it, obviously we dissagree on that point. I already know how you feal about that subject, thats why I included it.

My post was just to point out that you are a liberal, not a conservative. thats all. I'm not even making a judgement on your views.

ahh, forget it. I'm tired, and I've got loads of work to do tomorrow.

RodentMan

• Lurker

Posted 24 February 2006 - 09:04 AM

Not intended as a personal jibe. In some sections of American society it is in fact endemic and since you brought it up was worthy of comment.

#81 boundlesslife

• Life Member in cryostasis
  • 206 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 09:46 AM

By the way, RodentMan is my homage to our fuzzy little friends .  Rodents will save us all in one way or another.  Isn't that what the 'M' prize is all about?

RodentMan

That's great - Thanks for point it out! I'm in total agreement with that idea (and think I said so somewhere else, here), that if just one lousy mouse lived 300-400% beyond normal maximum lifespan for it's particular strain, it would virtually turn the world upside down (might not have said it quite that way, but it was along those lines).

It seems to me that such a mouse would become our "Algeron" in the most extreme sense, worthy of being given the maximum level of attempted suspended animation possible at any time it might fail to live on indefinitely otherwise due to aging or illness.

This might be provided with a view to the idea that someday, with add-ons for language oriented speech, hearing, and cognitive management of conceptual thought, this cosmic rodent might be able to speak before a virtual conference of all those then living, perhaps tens of billions of them, and report its memories of those early days in life extension, when it "led the way into the future".

(Finally, reflecting on the "street" language used above, if the mouse were actually "lousy", then maybe even its lice should be saved, by some kind of cryonics process and eventually uploaded. Hmmm. Maybe it would be far easier to recover lice than mice, from cryonic suspension, in which case the mouse's lice could be the cryonics world's "pioneers"? Maybe not! There, too, a mouse would be far more convincing, to most people!)

boundlesslife

#82 simple

• 258 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 10:14 PM

RODENTMAN, very glad you and family came to San Diego, Im not a local but had lived here for over 10 years, like to take my kids to Balboa Park and Old Town, hope you had a chance to visit there. You are also about 15 to 20 minutes away from Tijuana Mexico, I hope you enjoyed the town, still has some of its small town charm to it.

#83 simple

• 258 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 10:47 PM

Just for the record Im not such a jerk, also I try to be as non-partisan as possible.

#84 rodentman

• 208 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 06:20 AM

SIMPLE:

I do beleive you're not partisan (unlike the rest of us);and honestly, the nicest people ive met were non-partisan.

However; its tough to stay on the sidelines, and eventually you pick a side. And beleive me; sometimes I hate my party; my god, the terry Shiavo incident, the constitutional amendment barring gay marriage, intelligent design?!?!?!

BOUNDLESS:

Unfortunetely, I don't think the rodents would have much to say, other than: I woke up, I ate some cheese, I ran on my wheel, I went to sleep.

#85 simple

• 258 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 02:50 PM

RODENTMAN: Thanks, I guess one of trhe qualitys of humanity in hgeneral is the fact that being non partisan does not mean to be non political, human is a political entity by itself we defend or figth believes, and I dont think everybody buys evrything from their party. On regrds to gay marrieage, besides the moral guidelines, I oppose, because, gay marriage being accepted will also lead to adoption, undoubtely, we wish to see the eternity of our lifes, we do so when we look in to the eyes of our chuildren, and the children of our children, our lines of life extended to eternity. I am strongly convinced that one of the flaws or faults on todays society is the lack of rol models, when I was a kid I use to watch movies, and there always was a clear view, of ,who was the bad guy and who was the good guy, not any longer, the life and actions of the "bad" guys is as appealing and atractive, the good guy is drunk unshaven divorce, looser and living in a pigstall (Bruce willis), adoption by a gay couple is to say the least disturbing, there is no definition of the mom and pop rol, there is amorality or lack of morals, your adopted kid will not grow in an ambient of choice but of predetermination.....

The reasons behind barring gay marriage extend far beyond than the sake to keep a religious or mral balance, it is the protection of the the family as an integral part on the development of a normal society .

Tolerance for each other is the first lesson that we obtain when we grow in a family.

#86 mitkat

• 1,948 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 03:54 PM

Ooooohhh, I like that nasty talk you bad boy.  I'd love to give you a nice beating right now.

I have no doubts whatsoever that you certainly would, but I'm not gay or muslim, so you'd have little reason to.

And thanks Simple, for not responding to my question, and continuing this topic in a nice, bipartisan manner. It's a sad microcosm of the real world, an American ignoring a question you don't want to hear or that would reflect badly on them. [thumb] It's too bad you're perpetuating it, along with those hot views on gay marriage. I know it's tough thinking that not everyone will be plopped in front of a television or movie screen, looking to Hollywood to define what their role models should be and had it that easy. The ideas of those "clear-cut" characters are ridiculous, because life doesn't have good and bad guys, those extremes are pretty invalid. And if you do invoke those polarized ideas into culture, especially in a political arena, you couuld easily call that propaganda. Something that is a more involved and difficult way to raise a child is to actually have the parents as role models, and maybe instead of some action hero. A good parent is a good parent.

And how can you actually speak of tolerance? You just said you are against gay marriage. You don't tolerate that lifestyle. A child adopted by a gay couple will have a VERY REAL choice in their lives, an "ambient of choice", because their parents had to go through hell dealing with you just to adopt someone, and no doubt faced prejudice at every turn. It is in fact your predetermination that will narrow a child's viewpoints to that of a dull pinhead.

Sorry for getting offtopic. ;)

#87 Infernity

• Topic Starter
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 04:17 PM

Blargh I'm lost.

However, of course, I never said all Muslims are bad, hell no. I met many in person who are very nice, and I know of many that hate this war situation as much as I do, and I have heard the side of some friendly ones.
After all, we are in a war, and this is not to be prevented, we all strive to yes, but I honestly cannot see any light rising up here. One thing we might be able to do is arrange a universal cease of kerosene supplier consummation. A turnover shall grow out of this.

I fear. This world is no longer safe. We destroy ourselves and fanaticism is the last thing needed. But what can be done if the power element is deaf to preaches? What can be done? One atomic bomb and the world goes 'capish'. No place to go, nowhere to escape. We are so small, so unprotected.

I just saw the ImmInst movie, where it has been told "no one wants to see their family dies". Look at the enemy, so many who teach their children no other values than god and the meaning of killing those who don't believe in their god, the proud mothers of their terrorist child, the parade after a horror act.

I am speechless.

-Infernity

#88 simple

• 258 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 05:52 PM

MITKAT, sorry did not meant not to answer the question, I am very glad that you think that marriage is important in order to raise a family, even that if you love someone, you dont have to be married in order to be together

On the point that was started by Gay couples is the fact that as live in couples, they do not ripe any benefits from tax breaks as married couples do, THAT is what initiated the proposition for gay marriage, NOT the fact of establishing a family.

Second, I would totally agre that everybody deserves equal opportunity in front of the law, so if sexualy deviate people decide to join their lifes, they should get same tax advantages as anyone else.

But it does not stop there, to give authorization for marriage, invariably it will lead to adoption also, since the rigths have to be equal as for any other couple

Third, in the same way that normal people look for a life extension by adopting and trying to raise normal kids in a normal ambient, I would suggest that sexualy deviate people should be appointed with the kids that are likewise.

That is, I educate, teach or inculcate to my children, what I consider is my way of life and my views of life (as any parent would do), and my kids grow up trying to emulate many of my actions and ways of being, I do not impose that emulation, but it is something that they pick up on their own as any kid do.

On a gay marriage emulation will also happen and that would lead for a normal child to try to emulate the actions and activitys and socialization of his "parents", therefore you can also expect that there will be mix identity and confusion about his role, gender and questions about what is a normal behavior, perhaps that is an experience that the child will eventually grow out of it, but may not.

Given the choices, would you put your child in the hands of a gay couple just as easier as you would in a normal family???? being honest, I would not.

On rregrds to your question, about my american statements, many people have fougth very hard to attain the liberties of expression that today we enjoy, we were not guided, and many times we made mistakes on the way, but today, even with all thre problems that we have this is but one of the few countries that allows for more freedom of expression and INDIVIDUALITY, we can talk and express ourselves, with out any fears of retaliation, there is no political oppresion, there is no religious oppression, there is no economic oppression, you can go out and do pretty much anything that you want, is it not so?

You can talk print distribute express anything with out fear of retaliation (more or less) , isnt that a sign of a civilized culture??

There is no other country that people that had suffer oppresion they would rather migrate to, because here there is room for everybody, every belief and every creed.

Yes even for you!!

#89 rodentman

• 208 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 06:27 PM

Mitkat, maybe we could just cuddle?????

By the way, Militant Muslims are very open about gay marriages and opinions that are contrary to theirs.

Maybe we should do an EXPERIMENT.
I'll dress up like a Hasidic Rabbi, and you can dress up like a flamboyant western homosexual, and SIMPLE will dress up like a woman studying(something other than the torah) and not wearing her burqa, and we'll all walk the enlightened streets of Riyadh.

And we'll see who ends up in solitary at the Riyadh county jail for infadels first.

RodentMan

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. [] To go ad-free join as a Member.

#90 simple

• 258 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 07:10 PM

Dude, I'll second that, except for the bit about not wearing a Burka.

By the way whats so GAY about being poked on the rear anyways, I would find that kind of unhappy situation if you ask me (Gay was such a cool word)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users