more depressed after first days on SJW?

sjw more depressed

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 BADLUCK

• 39 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 June 2017 - 04:14 PM

i am 2 days on sjw and noticing even more depression, demotivation and feel like doing nothing and l just want to sleep all day, is this normal?

#2 BADLUCK

• Topic Starter
  • 39 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 June 2017 - 05:00 PM

NO ONE????!!!

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 hdl_1

• 104 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 June 2017 - 02:46 AM

SJW jas a broad effect on multiple systems: serotonin, gaba, nmda, adrenergic. It is possible that SJW creates some hypo activity and depressed state as it is also possible that what you feel is just your andrenergic state switching off the fight or flight reaction and you are entering into a more relaxed state.

Sent from my SM-G850W using Tapatalk

#4 PeaceAndProsperity

• 1,194 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 04:12 PM

Depression is not caused by brain HYPO activity but HYPER activity. Deficiency in some neurotransmitter can cause depression just like they can cause hallucinations, because they decrease activity of other neurotransmitters and receptors.

SJW increases neurotransmitter thus increasing your propensity for depression.

Serotonin and acetylcholine are common causes of MOODY depression like seen in women.

• Ill informed x 2

#5 hdl_1

• 104 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 June 2017 - 04:48 PM

Depression is not caused by brain HYPO activity but HYPER activity. Deficiency in some neurotransmitter can cause depression just like they can cause hallucinations, because they decrease activity of other neurotransmitters and receptors.

SJW increases neurotransmitter thus increasing your propensity for depression.
Serotonin and acetylcholine are common causes of MOODY depression like seen in women.

NMDA hypoactivity is implicated in neuropsychiatric disorders, including mood disorders.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC3677126/

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Agree x 1

#6 PeaceAndProsperity

• 1,194 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 05:19 PM

Can you read?

• dislike x 2
  • Unfriendly x 1

#7 hdl_1

• 104 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 June 2017 - 07:43 PM

Can you read?

Duh. Ironic isn't it? [emoji6]

• Unfriendly x 1
  • like x 1

#8 PeaceAndProsperity

• 1,194 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 09:56 PM

Either you don't know what the NMDA receptor does or you're deliberately being a nuisance.

As I said, depression is caused by overactivity at some receptor and in some way.

• Ill informed x 2

#9 hdl_1

• 104 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 June 2017 - 10:27 PM

Either you don't know what the NMDA receptor does or you're deliberately being a nuisance.
As I said, depression is caused by overactivity at some receptor and in some way.

Omg. You really want to go on. I understand now why you are being so liked on this forum just by taking a look at your profile.
SJW has NMDA antagonist properties, coupled with GABA ligand inhibition and serotonin, dopamine and NE reuptake inhibition.
Serotonin is an inhibitory neurotransmitter, NMDA is an excitatory receptor which requires both glycine and glutamate to displace the magnesium bond and enabling Ca2+ ion permeation.

https://www.nature.c...ature01497.html

SJW has an inhibitory potential through both serotonin, NMDA and gaba systems which may result into a depressed stated (i.e hypo state) that could by extrapolation trigger mood disregulation.

As for depression being a hyper brain state, that's complete bs. Hyperactivity in depression is found in the amygdala and is not as you state a hyper activity of the brain.

Here is a PET scan of depressed person. Not as hyper as you think it is.

http://www.tmsneurosolutions.com/pet/

Now, please stop trolling. Thx.

• WellResearched x 1

#10 PeaceAndProsperity

• 1,194 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 12:00 AM

If your computer starts playing Mario on the screen then it means it's deficient in electricity and you need to plug the power cable in.

The lack of electricity in the computer's hardware makes it behave like this. It really is rocket feceks.

You seem to be equivocating the meaning of depression.

You also just claimed that overactivity of the amygdala results in depression.

Did you not sleep well or what is your excuse for your lack of comprehension?

• dislike x 2
  • Unfriendly x 1

#11 hdl_1

• 104 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 June 2017 - 12:09 AM

If your computer starts playing Mario on the screen then it means it's deficient in electricity and you need to plug the power cable in.
The lack of electricity in the computer's hardware makes it behave like this. It really is rocket feceks.

You seem to be equivocating the meaning of depression.
You also just claimed that overactivity of the amygdala results in depression.
Did you not sleep well or what is your excuse for your lack of comprehension?

Sorry, can't find a pubmed article about Mario, computers, electricity and babbling in general but here is one about amygdala hyperactivity. Just read the conclusion and please get off this thread. You are not constructive and you are wasting my time and everyone else time.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/20215925

• Agree x 2

#12 PeaceAndProsperity

• 1,194 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 02:13 AM

To the OP, depression is a FUNCTION in the brain, it's a CAPACITY, like playing Mario on a computer is a capacity of the computer.

A computer does not play Mario when it lacks whatever it is to do what it was designed to do.

Neurotransmitter depletion does not lead to depression, it leads to not feeling anything at all, anhedonia, etc.

If you have depression, you have overactivity of some neurotransmitter, which is causing your brain to be overactive. Now, it's POSSIBLE that this neurotransmitter overactivity is caused by a lack of activity of some other neurotransmitter BECAUSE NEUROTRANSMITTERS MODULATE EACH OTHER.

BUT THE POINT IS THAT YOU SHOULD NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES TAKE ANYTHING THAT INCREASES SEROTONIN OR ACETYLCHOLINE, OR SOME OF THE OTHER NEUROTRANSMITTERS, WHEN THEY CAUSE DEPRESSION.

• Ill informed x 2

#13 hdl_1

• 104 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 June 2017 - 02:28 AM

Look buddy, I'm not going to argue with you anymore. We are all here to get some form of help and afterall, I believe that neither I or you are experts in neuropsychiatric disorders or bio chemistry. I apologize if I offended you and I wish you well.
I'll let others continue the thread if they wish so.

• Agree x 1

#14 BADLUCK

• Topic Starter
  • 39 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 June 2017 - 10:46 AM

Thanks both for replying.

I really don't know what to make of it as it is way too complicated for me, i am taking the SJW for depression but i think i am expecting too much of it.

And maybe that is why i am even more depressed, also due illness im forced to sit still all day long at home which doesn't help either.

Edited by BADLUCK, 04 June 2017 - 10:48 AM.

#15 BADLUCK

• Topic Starter
  • 39 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 June 2017 - 10:51 AM

To the OP, depression is a FUNCTION in the brain, it's a CAPACITY, like playing Mario on a computer is a capacity of the computer.

A computer does not play Mario when it lacks whatever it is to do what it was designed to do.

Neurotransmitter depletion does not lead to depression, it leads to not feeling anything at all, anhedonia, etc.

If you have depression, you have overactivity of some neurotransmitter, which is causing your brain to be overactive. Now, it's POSSIBLE that this neurotransmitter overactivity is caused by a lack of activity of some other neurotransmitter BECAUSE NEUROTRANSMITTERS MODULATE EACH OTHER.

BUT THE POINT IS THAT YOU SHOULD NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES TAKE ANYTHING THAT INCREASES SEROTONIN OR ACETYLCHOLINE, OR SOME OF THE OTHER NEUROTRANSMITTERS, WHEN THEY CAUSE DEPRESSION.

What should one take then if severe depressed? 

#16 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 June 2017 - 11:39 AM

Not Saint John's Wort.

The evidence for severe depression is weak, in fact, there are even voices that would say that it's completely useless for such states - that it's only useful for lesser depressed states, perhaps something like Dysthymia.

I would suggest you start out with an SSRI if you are severely depressed - and if that doesn't work, then you work yourself up, all the way to an MAOI.

I recommend Escitalopram as a good starting-point for SSRI's - the evidence for efficacy and side-effects actually seem to be somewhat, slightly, slightly better than for other SSRI's.

Well, for everything except sexual dysfunction - it's probably second worse when it comes to that - only Paroxetine is worse.

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 2

#17 PeaceAndProsperity

• 1,194 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 01:50 PM

Take something that works against serotonin. Take something gabaergic for example.

I've found l-theanine prior to bed (for sleep quality) seems to often ameliorate 5ht2a induced depression upon waking.

• Ill informed x 2

#18 Jiminy Glick

• 235 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 04:13 PM

Well what are you taking it for depression? Try Rhodiola Rosea Rosavin powder and Ashwagandha powder instead. Do you get enough vitamin D? I'd stay off SJW. 

Edited by Jiminy Glick, 04 June 2017 - 04:13 PM.

#19 BADLUCK

• Topic Starter
  • 39 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 June 2017 - 09:12 PM

Well what are you taking it for depression? Try Rhodiola Rosea Rosavin powder and Ashwagandha powder instead. Do you get enough vitamin D? I'd stay off SJW. 

depression, anxiety, low mood, i get 5000 iu d3 and have rhodiola on hand. 

#20 Jiminy Glick

• 235 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 01:17 AM

well brain states can be altered with different chemicals so if you have enough vitamin d, take rhodiola in the morning, and take ashwagandha powder (buy off of bulk supplements, 2 teaspoons a day), then for your last supplement I would look for magnesium since most people are deficient in that, bulk supplements sells magnesium powder, I take magnesium taurate, but am switching to magnesium glycinate. If you take those 4 I bet you will be fine. Ashwagandha is amazing, you will feel refreshed and you will feel the stress melt off of you, magnesium is very important for curing depression as well and is a vital mineral. 

If that doesn't work, switch out the rhodiola for l-theanine powder. 

Edited by Jiminy Glick, 05 June 2017 - 01:17 AM.

• Ill informed x 1
  • like x 1

#21 BADLUCK

• Topic Starter
  • 39 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 June 2017 - 12:36 PM

Take something that works against serotonin. Take something gabaergic for example.

I've found l-theanine prior to bed (for sleep quality) seems to often ameliorate 5ht2a induced depression upon waking.I 

I found L-Theanine very harsh on my stomach..

I have gastritis and IBS.

#22 BADLUCK

• Topic Starter
  • 39 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 June 2017 - 12:43 PM

well brain states can be altered with different chemicals so if you have enough vitamin d, take rhodiola in the morning, and take ashwagandha powder (buy off of bulk supplements, 2 teaspoons a day), then for your last supplement I would look for magnesium since most people are deficient in that, bulk supplements sells magnesium powder, I take magnesium taurate, but am switching to magnesium glycinate. If you take those 4 I bet you will be fine. Ashwagandha is amazing, you will feel refreshed and you will feel the stress melt off of you, magnesium is very important for curing depression as well and is a vital mineral. 

IS ashwaganda mild on the stomach that you know of? i sure can try it and can i take it with sjw?

so sjw + rhodilola + ashwaganda + astaxanthine + b12 1500 mcg + d3 5000 iu? 

#23 PeaceAndProsperity

• 1,194 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 01:28 PM

Take it sublingually????

#24 BADLUCK

• Topic Starter
  • 39 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 June 2017 - 01:34 PM

Take it sublingually????

can i place the content of the capsule just under my tongue and absorb it?

#25 PeaceAndProsperity

• 1,194 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 02:20 PM

Yes. Or better yet buy cheap bulk powder and eyeball a dosage. You can feel when you've taken enough and taking more than enough does absolutely nothing, so 250mg does the same as 1g for most people in terms of what they experience of effects.

Note that this only works if you have MOODY depression, the "nobody loves me boo hoo I'm so depressed.." shit caused by overactivity of serotonin or whatever.

Theanine itself can be a little depressive but it's not a moody type as far as I can tell.

What I do is I take theanine 1-2 hours before sleep to enhance my sleep quality and when I wake up I usually don't have the serotonin crap feelings of moodiness. Sometimes I do for whatever reason, only G-d himself knows the workings of neurotransmitters.

I don't take theanine during the day unless I really need it for other reasons, because it causes a strong feeling of being spaced out and emotionally labile.

• Informative x 1

#26 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 June 2017 - 02:28 PM

Not Saint John's Wort.

The evidence for severe depression is weak, in fact, there are even voices that would say that it's completely useless for such states - that it's only useful for lesser depressed states, perhaps something like Dysthymia.

I would suggest you start out with an SSRI if you are severely depressed - and if that doesn't work, then you work yourself up, all the way to an MAOI.

I recommend Escitalopram as a good starting-point for SSRI's - the evidence for efficacy and side-effects actually seem to be somewhat, slightly, slightly better than for other SSRI's.

Well, for everything except sexual dysfunction - it's probably second worse when it comes to that - only Paroxetine is worse.

Right, so I see that I've been tagged with a double-whammy of "dangerous, irresponsible" - for suggesting a treatment which is well-documented and proven effective, with less serious side-effects than many other antidepressants.

So, if that's incorrect, I would very much like to be informed as to WHY my suggestion is dangerous and/or irresponsible? I know that some people on the site are very negative towards SSRI's, but it's not like I said SSRI's are the be-all, END-all of antidepressants - I actually stated that should it not work, there are plenty of other classes of anti-depressants to try.

This still doesn't mean that SJW is better for severe depression, and the proof is still weak, AT BEST for SJW for the treatment of Major Depression.

So, I'm waiting - prove to me, and the world, that SJW is a better, safer antidepressant than Escitalopram - WHERE'S THE PROOF, GENTLE-FOLKS?

#27 Jiminy Glick

• 235 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 03:06 PM

IS ashwaganda mild on the stomach that you know of? i sure can try it and can i take it with sjw?

so sjw + rhodilola + ashwaganda + astaxanthine + b12 1500 mcg + d3 5000 iu? 

Ashwagandha is good on the stomach, it tastes almost like candy, very sweet, whereas Rhodiola powder is harsh in taste, I don't know how it is on the stomach for people with stomach issues. It is very bitter.  Who mentioned Astaxanthine and b12? Also better off buying the Now Multivitamin because it has no Magnesium Stearate which is what they put on the machines so the pills glide well on them and it might block absorption, buy this instead of just Vitamin D, this way your getting a lot more. 

Also I don't see how L-Theanine would be bad on your stomach and I would lose the SJW. But yeah also Magnesium Glycinate powder. All of this doesn't really even come out to that much money is if you have a job, you will be spending $100 a year, maybe a little less, maybe a little more. 

• Informative x 1

#28 airplanepeanuts

• 352 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 05:07 PM

I've found l-theanine prior to bed (for sleep quality) seems to often ameliorate 5ht2a induced depression upon waking.I 

I also get upper stomach upset from theanine. This seems to a pretty rare side effect. You could try putting it in an enteric coated capsule.

• like x 1

#29 BADLUCK

• Topic Starter
  • 39 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 June 2017 - 10:28 AM

thank you Jiminy i am going to try this.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#30 Jiminy Glick

• 235 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 02:03 PM

thank you Jiminy i am going to try this.

Your welcome. 

If you are buying off of Bulk Supplements you will need a scale. Keep your equipment clean, you don't want to be touching the toilet seat and then touching your stash, these powders are going to last a long time so try to keep all the bacteria out, for example no dipping after you take out Ashwagandha with with a teaspoon, run it under hot water after you take your first dose and then are looking to put the spoon in another stash. 

1-2 teaspoons of Ashwagandha daily. 

You will have to figure out what you are doing with the Magnesium Glycinate powder in terms of dosage because I am currently taking Magnesium Taurate pills but am switching. Look up  the bioavailability of Magnesium Glycinate and then the percentage of the powder that is magnesium. So if it is 80% bioavailable and a serving is 30%, you should be fine with 4 servings in water bottle, also take on an empty stomach. 

The NOW Multivitamins you should be able to find on Amazon. 

With the Rhodiola Rosea Salidroside, you know I mentioned it because you have it, it does work nice and is very good for you, however L-theanine might be a better option. 

Since you do have anxiety as well, which ashwagandha and magnesium will help you should look to buy taurine, glycine, and lemon balm powders and mix these 3 in a water bottle. I was just kind've addressing your depression. 

But all these medicines are much more potent than SJW and offer a lot of nutrients. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sjw, more, depressed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users