• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Global Demographic Collapse has Arrived!

total fertility rate demography singularity conflict

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic
⌛⇒ write a quiz!

#91 QuestforLife

• 373 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 08:31 PM

https://www.bbc.co.u...health-46118103
  • Informative x 1
  • like x 1

#92 mag1

• Topic Starter
  • 926 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 11:48 PM

QuestforLife, thank you for your reply!

When I looked more carefully at the global TFR map for 2015-2020 I noticed that some of the nations' TFRs appeared to be higher than those published in the CIA Factbook report. The map according to the CIA should be somewhat bluer. I also found it interesting that in the WHO NRR database, India was reported to have a significantly lower NRR than would be predicted from TFR alone. This should not be entirely surprising as there is a substantial favoring of the births of boys over girls in India. Indian replacement NRR is expected in the 2020-2025 time frame.

It is remarkable! The accepted wisdom is that developed nations will be flooded from migrants from developing nations. However, when you carefully consider the global TFR map the unavoidable conclusion is that currently there are virtually no large scale nations with fertility excess. India is already nearing demographic stability when gender balance is included, Pakistan is quickly moving towards replacement, the Philippines and Egypt are also trending to replacement. That is about all the sources for scale influx of migrants into the developed world. This is an extraordinary accomplishment! Once these TFRs are more fully reflected in global migration patterns, we can finally see wages increase in developed nations for those at the lower end of the wage scale. Minimum wages might increase by $5-$10 per hour.

Edited by mag1, 18 November 2018 - 11:53 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. [] To go ad-free join as a Member.

#93 shp5

• 166 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:21 PM

mag1, do you have any articles on the topic? I'd like to share the basic message with a few people .

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. [] To go ad-free join as a Member.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: total fertility rate, demography, singularity, conflict

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users