Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Best place to buy deprenyl from?

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#61 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 28 March 2006 - 03:45 PM

I just got my shippment of juprenyl from airsealed (same thing as UN i believe) and yes it looks very bad. No marks on pills, very poor box and no seal. Just taken 5mg, will report how that works out later.

Yes, it's same as UNs. Pills are actually too small to have marks (just my guess) :)
For more information on "poor box and no seal" click here:
http://www.imminst.o...=0

BTW new Juprenil (prod. date Jan. 2006) with much better cap on plastic container (it's now easy to open and close) and completly sealed container has arrived. As we still have some or current one in stock, the new one will start shipping about next week.

#62 arcticjoe

• 101 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 08:10 AM

Well I think juprenyl works, cant say if its as good as it should be as I havent taken it before. Couldnt sleep all night though, is it possible the dose is too large for me?
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#63 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 29 March 2006 - 02:24 PM

arcticjoe
Juprenil works for sure ;) Too many have reported it works to be neglected. Not to forget Juprenil is not any generic, it's licensed by Chinoin (original selegiline maker from Hungary) and you can see Chinoin logo on Juprenil box. I'm sure Chinoin wouldn't allow their logo on low quality product.

How much did you take? It's quite possible that dose is too large for your. It's best to start slowly, 1-2mg daily (though it's bit hard to split pill as it's very small).
Most of the consumers report having an urge to get afternoon nap when just starting deprenyl. I often take it before my noon nap, my nap then lasts shorter and i feel much more refreshed than without deprenyl.

#64 morbius

• 22 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 02:28 AM

... Morbius incorrectly assumed that Adam's conclusion was that Airsealed was an all in all scam. Adam's only conclusion is that one should not import schedule 4 substances without a prescription and the individual posting on behalf of airsealed.com is unable to keep a straight story or seperate fact from fiction. That does not immediately infer that all Airsealed's products are fake, it only infers that they are in question.

We never claimed that airsealed.com is a scam....

No, you never claimed that adam:

"You sound like a big time counterfeiter to me. I bet all of your products are made fake. The only reason I say this is because you are brag about substandard quality and lie about standards that you do not have; and lie about legal standards as well."

"You do not know the quality of your products, so you peddle them for lower prices than respectable sources. In fact, your only assay has proven one of your products to be inferior. Then you start lying to cover your tracks"

"You continue to lie here and it is quite obvious. First; you say that your product conforms to a standard. Then you say "even if it did not." Please get your story straight. Your assay does NOT confirm the product conforms to USP standard. Then you say that the product was submitted by one of your clients to make it appear as that is the reason the purity was so low."

"You try to pretend your products are high quality when they are not."

"You lied about non disclosure in the pharmaceutical business. You probably did this to cover your tracks."

"Now I have a feeling that ALL of your products are counterfeit; because you can have anything printed on them you want."

You only said that airsealed lies and delivers tainted, low quality products, and imply rather strongly they are also counterfeit. Your narrow definition of scam is?

#65 vforce

• 11 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 04:38 AM

Is there anything wrong with consuming the vetrinary versions of Deprenyl? It appears readily available at better prices.

#66 arcticjoe

• 101 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 08:27 AM

arcticjoe
Juprenil works for sure ;) Too many have reported it works to be neglected. Not to forget Juprenil is not any generic, it's licensed by Chinoin (original selegiline maker from Hungary) and you can see Chinoin logo on Juprenil box. I'm sure Chinoin wouldn't allow their logo on low quality product.

How much did you take? It's quite possible that dose is too large for your. It's best to start slowly, 1-2mg daily (though it's bit hard to split pill as it's very small).
Most of the consumers report having an urge to get afternoon nap when just starting deprenyl. I often take it before my noon nap, my nap then lasts shorter and i feel much more refreshed than without deprenyl.

I did notice the strong urge to go sleep after lunch, will try lower dose of maybe 2mg weekly as so far I really did not like the effects (felt like bad speed and my skin looks worn out and very dull, which is what i get after dopaminergic drugs/supps like tyrosine, l-dopa, coke or speed. though this could also be due to me having a hectic weekend beforehand)

#67 arcticjoe

• 101 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 03:32 PM

Just a question, how long do you have to take deprenyl for before the effects of MAOIb inhibition fully kick in?

#68 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 30 March 2006 - 11:33 PM

arcticjoe
It really depends on dose and individual, for some 1 mg for some 5mg, maybe more...I'd say most feel positive effects from 1-5mg daily after just a few days, if dose is large enough it can be felt same or next day

Note: as i've said many times before, i'm not a doctor or expert on subject. all i say is just my personal view. i also supply deprenyl and therefore my view might not be 100% objective

#69 arcticjoe

• 101 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 07:56 AM

I have to say that since yesterday afternoon I've been feeling subtly awesome. Dont know if this is due to deprenyl but I feel fresh, for the lack of a better word. Will try sublingual another 1 or 2.5 mg today.

#70 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 31 March 2006 - 08:38 AM

No need to go sublingual, you will get temporary local anesthesia of mouth (believe me i've tried) and selegiline has good oral bioavailability so there's no much point of taking sublingual. Some have though taking selegiline will give them amphetamine like effects, but it doesn't work that way

#71 arcticjoe

• 101 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 08:49 AM

I've read somewhere, I think avant, that oral deprenyl gives higher conversion to amphetamine due to it going past liver, which I would like to reduce if possible. Also, everybody seems to say that deprenyl drops work better and require less when compared to pills, so in theory wouldnt sublingual pill do the same thing as drops?

#72 sentinel

• Guest, F@H
  • 794 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 08:54 AM

I'd be interested to know if sublingual administration has substantial benefits, they'd have to be substantial because the stuff tastes like hell [huh]

Sentinel

#73 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 31 March 2006 - 11:56 AM

Liquid deprenyl is diferent kind of selegiline. Deprenyl is Selegiline HCL while liquid is Selegiline citrate. I couldn't find any studies on comparision of these two, and very little documentation exists for liquid version at all.
As for amphetamines, only small part is converted into amphetamines, so if you take 2-5mg i don't think you will get any amphetamine stimulation at all. Dose is just too small. Also taking it sublingualy will reduce amphetamine metabolites versus oral where it will be metabolised by liver.

sentinel
I don't think you'll get any extra benefits. Also food increases selegiline bioavailability. read here http://www.selegilin...ailability.html

#74 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 31 March 2006 - 12:00 PM

Hm this is interesting
http://www.ncbi.nlm....9&dopt=Abstract

I'm not sure what kind of selegiline is this new delivery, but i assume that sublingual administration of normal selegiline tablet could also have similar properties - meaning less selegiline would be needed to obtain same effect as less of it would be converted to it's amphetamine metabolites.

http://www.drugs.com...ROCHLORIDE.html
The absolute bioavailability of selegiline following oral dosing is not known; however, selegiline undergoes extensive metabolism (presumably attributable to presystemic clearance in gut and liver). The major plasma metabolites are N-desmethylselegiline, L-amphetamine and L-methamphetamine. Only N-desmethylselegiline has MAO-B inhibiting activity. The peak plasma levels of these metabolites following a single oral dose of 10 mg are from 4 to almost 20 times greater than that of the maximum plasma concentration of selegiline [1 ng/mL]. The maximum concentrations of amphetamine and methamphetamine, however, are far below those ordinarily expected to produce clinically important effects.

Single oral dose studies do not predict multiple dose kinetics, however. At steady state the peak plasma level of selegiline is 4 fold that obtained following a single dose. Metabolite concentrations increase to a lesser extent, averaging 2 fold that seen after a single dose.

The bioavailability of selegiline is increased 3 to 4 fold when it is taken with food.

http://www.medsafe.g...Eldepryltab.htm

Selegiline is readily absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract. The maximal concentrations are reached in 0.5 hours after oral administration. The bioavailability is low - on average 9.4 ± 5.9% of unchanged selegiline from a 10mg oral dose reaches the systemic circulation. A substantial increase in selegiline bioavailability (up to threefold) occurs when selegiline is administered with food high in fat.

#75 sentinel

• Guest, F@H
  • 794 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 12:12 PM

Thanks D

I tend to take my supps with food but didn't know that it was potentially so beneficial to Dep in particular. Although I don't seem to get any of the gastro "disturbances" a lot of people on the forum complain of, which I (and no doubt others) are rather grateful for.

ArcticJoe - Keep us posted, sounds like you are going to have a subtly excellent weekend ;)

Sentinel

#76 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 31 March 2006 - 02:47 PM

sentinel
Taking Deprenyl without food will not give you any "disturbances", but since it's lipophylic it's much better absorbed with fat, like vitamin e.
Does doesn't mean you need to eat fatty food, any food containing small amounts of fat will do.

#77 arcticjoe

• 101 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 10:44 AM

Having had a week to evaluate juprenil I came to conclusion its probably not for me. I've only taken very small doses 2mg three days appart, but on the day that I take it I cannot sleep and the next day I feel slightly manic. It does make me feel great on 2nd day but I dont like to endure 2 days of uncomfortable loopyness to get there.

#78 vforce

• 11 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 02:29 PM

I have been taking 5mg per day this week and have had insomnia. I could feel my brain was "hot" or fired up with energy when I was trying to go to sleep. I backed of to half a tab(is 2.5 mg) yesterday, and sleep good last night.

#79 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 07 April 2006 - 02:52 PM

arcticjoe
You're still young, you probably don't need it at all. What you might consider is half a tab (2.5mg) once a week. Due to long inhibition of mao-b, weekly dose is usually considered enough for antiaging purposes.

Also, i think it takes about 2-3 weeks for most people to get used to deprenyl, be it to hyperactive or having an urge to get noon nap. After about 2-3 weeks things balance and deprenyl side effects are usually gone. This is not based on any study, i base this on feedback by my friends and my customers.

#80 morbius

• 22 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 03:23 PM

Having had a week to evaluate juprenil I came to conclusion its probably not for me. I've only taken very small doses 2mg three days appart, but on the day that I take it I cannot sleep and the next day I feel slightly manic. It does make me feel great on 2nd day but I dont like to endure 2 days of uncomfortable loopyness to get there.

I am getting just the opposite effect from juprenil. I am tired most of the day with a bit of a dull head-ache. I have a hard time getting up even after 10 hours of sleep, though I wake up a dozen times or more, I fall back asleep easily (atypical for me). Mid 30s, first day I tried 5mg (with appropriate antiox stack to compensate increased SOD) and I was completely out of it. Two more days at 5mg, improving but can't concentrate let alone read anything complicated and understand it. Yesterday 2.5 mg, same effect, I feel good but the closest thing it reminds me of is a cross between an SSRI with the next day anti-depressant effect of marijuana. I feel good, I can't focus, I can't read nor do I want to, what I feel like doing is playing video games (which is what happened when I used to smoke pot). I've tried studying and it is a frustrating waste of time, only I'm not frustrated, I just don't care. I am stopping for a few days, I may redose at 2.5mg twice per week but I have to catch up my studies. The past four days have been the extended lost weekend. As much as I'd like to ride this out for a couple more weeks and see if the memory/motivation effects some report appear, in another week I can kiss this pre-med good-bye.

#81 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 11 April 2006 - 05:59 PM

morbius
Effects you described are not unusuall for deprenyl. At least from anecdotal report, there is not much in literature. Though most don't have such extreme sides as you do, but many experience increased need for sleep. It get back to normal after about 2 weeks. Again I'm talking about increased need to sleep, not 24h sleepy feeling.

What other supplements, drugs, illegal drugs etc are you using or have used in last 30 days?

#82 morbius

• 22 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 02:53 PM

I went 3 days at 5mg/day then 2.5mg for a day and the last two days off. I am going to try 1.25 mg 2x/wk or possibly 3x/wk. That is about what Knoll recommends as I turn 35 this summer. I feel fucking great though I need to force myself to get less sleep. All I did was study constantly til after my midterm last Thursday, when I started dep. Like some have said, studying chemistry all the time isn't exactly entertainment. I wasn't so happy but I was focused and getting somewhere. Now, and with the sun shining in Boston, I feel like chucking this whole Harvard deal and moving back to Cali, fill out this USC grad school app, set up my ebb&flow and start mountain biking again. I also used to be heavy into martial arts and bodybuilding and feel like doing that again despite my joint issues. As to that, I am prescribed neurontin but I only take 300mg once or twice per week at bed time. I am diagnosed ADHD and prescribed dex but I don't take it (less than half a gram lifetime use, none in the last month) also I'm prescribed remeron but I've never tried it. The rest is as follows:

Docusate calcium 240mg (for ibs)
N acetyl-l-cysteine 500mg x2
Piracetam 1600mg x2
AGPC 250mg x2
R ALA gel (66mg + 34mg R dihydrolipoic) at night
Green tea 200mg
Grape seed 100mg
Vitamin C and E 30mg & 30iu
Pine bark 100mg (pycnogenol)
Fish oil 1000mg omega 3 (180mg EPA, 120 mg DHA) x3
Borage/flax oil 1200mg
Milk thistle 250mg x2
ALCAR 500mg at midday (may stop this)
Multivitamin
2 scoops living fuel - http://www.livingfuel.com/LFP_02.htm at breakfast

I don't smoke (no pot either for the last year) and I drink a few bottles of wine per year. I have some L-phen and pyritinol on the way. The best nootropic effect I've produced is just living fuel, piracetam and agpc, with the exception of the milk thistle, multivitamin, fish oil and docusate calcium, the rest of the stuff was thrown in for the dep. ALCAR by itself seems to space me out a bit but stopping that didn't help the dep feeling. The RALA seems to make me sleepy so I moved it to bedtime.

#83 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 12 April 2006 - 04:09 PM

I'd cut on piracetam and AGPC, half your current dosage. Deprenyl seems to potentiate most nootropics.

#84 Karomesis

• 1,010 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 02:59 AM

http://www.antiaging-systems.com/

Never a problem with them or pete from relentless. [thumb]

#85 toza

• 16 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 11:24 PM

Hello,

I'd like to order liquid selegiline citrate but antiaging-systems.com do not ship to the UK. Do you know any reliable selegiline citrate seller who ships to the UK? Thanks.

tom

#86 425runner

• 158 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 12:24 PM

I got mine from alldaychemist and it works great! I was cheap too....except for the shipping.

#87 toza

• 16 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 02:45 PM

I got mine from alldaychemist and it works great! I was cheap too....except for the shipping.

Hi, I'd like to order liquid Selegiline.. Alldaychemist.com has just the tablet form..

#88 shifter

• 716 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 08:51 PM

Try

http://www.amygdalin.co.uk/cat5_1.htm

;)

Hi, I'd like to order liquid Selegiline.. Alldaychemist.com has just the tablet form..

#89 toza

• 16 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 10:30 PM

Try
http://www.amygdalin.co.uk/cat5_1.htm

Hey, thanks Shifter.. Have you tried to ordered from them?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#90 shifter

• 716 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 04:33 PM

Ordered from them 3 times, all with success! ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users