- - - - -

7,8 dihydroxyflavone feedback

bdnf

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 BioHacker=Life

• 249 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 08:03 AM

I'd like to know what doses you guys are taking and what you've noticed.

#2 Kinesis

• 262 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 November 2017 - 04:19 AM

I haven’t tried this yet but would consider it. Apparently there is some evidence this flavonoid may boost neurogenesis. What do you know about it? Have you tried it?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 BioHacker=Life

• Topic Starter
  • 249 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 10:07 AM

I like it. I've been using 20-100 mg and see a clear difference at 100 mg.

Edited by BioHacker=Life, 28 November 2017 - 10:09 AM.

#4 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 November 2017 - 06:19 PM

the only place that has it is bluebrainboost, but they ran out and its out of stock for months now. if someone can suggest good reliable source, ill do it for the team, and report all

#5 BioHacker=Life

• Topic Starter
  • 249 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 06:03 PM

the only place that has it is bluebrainboost, but they ran out and its out of stock for months now. if someone can suggest good reliable source, ill do it for the team, and report all

? Antaeus Labs and Cognitive Nutrition both make it. I would suggest either one.

Edited by BioHacker=Life, 03 December 2017 - 06:04 PM.

• Informative x 1

#6 BioHacker=Life

• Topic Starter
  • 249 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 05:44 PM

syntharise makes it too but they are out.

https://syntharise.c...roxyflavone-1g/

Any other suppliers?

#7 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:44 PM

yeah its a common thing vendors to be sold out of it.

anyway the site you linked is very interesting and it contains tons of other things to check on, thanks

#8 BioHacker=Life

• Topic Starter
  • 249 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 09:39 PM

yeah its a common thing vendors to be sold out of it.

anyway the site you linked is very interesting and it contains tons of other things to check on, thanks

Did you start your DHF yet? I'd like to confirm others are seeing the effects I see with it.

Yeah I use them and others for rcs and novel nootropics.

#9 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:00 AM

no man i still havent found a good reliable source. i know you mentioned some, but im skeptical, i need something thats pure powder produced in high quality by reliable vendor, like bluebrainboost for one. i emailed them few days ago about it, they said they should be stocking on it soon, but they said that last month as well, nothing has changed. its annoying me!

#10 BioHacker=Life

• Topic Starter
  • 249 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 09:05 AM

no man i still havent found a good reliable source. i know you mentioned some, but im skeptical, i need something thats pure powder produced in high quality by reliable vendor, like bluebrainboost for one. i emailed them few days ago about it, they said they should be stocking on it soon, but they said that last month as well, nothing has changed. its annoying me!

Why would you think I would be taking a non reliable source? Mine is 3rd party lab tested for purity. You can't beat that.

https://www.bluebrai...one-supplement/

I just got more in today. I get weekly shipments.

Edited by BioHacker=Life, 23 December 2017 - 09:05 AM.

#11 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 December 2017 - 05:24 AM

weekly shipments at 32 dollars per gram?? you must be rich

#12 playground

• 454 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 January 2018 - 01:11 PM

I like it. I've been using 20-100 mg and see a clear difference at 100 mg.

hi BioHacker,

How have you been taking your  100mg ?

The recent accounts i've read are suggesting 7,8 DHF isn't very bioavailable orally.

And one account was suggesting that Nasal administration was effective at low dosages

5mg and 10mg etc.

So... that makes me 'presume' that you're taking your 78-DHF orally.  Is that correct ?

best wishes :)

PG

#13 Elusive

• 103 posts

Posted 01 October 2021 - 03:53 PM

This latest research on 7,8,DHF is a bit disturbing.

https://www.google.c...isBnIWWUhlsfwlx

#14 Mr Matsubayashi

• 226 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 October 2021 - 06:48 AM

+1 point of reference. 

I started 30mg sublingual in the morning. Felt amazing, had great verbal fluency but it was impossible to sleep. Re-dosing the following mornings almost cleared the fog from my rubbish sleep. It was stimulating but in a clean way. I tried a heavy sleep stack to make it work but the accumulating sleep debt was winning and I had to stop. Now when I take it I don't notice much of an effect, maybe all my BDNF receptors are phosphorylated or something haha. I think it still makes it a bit harder to sleep but it could just be psychological at this point. I haven't re-started low dose sublingual to judge long term effects, I've heard it can be useful in this way. It might also have a place as special performance enhancer on select days. 

#15 OneScrewLoose

• 2,378 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 October 2021 - 07:30 AM

I got mine on Alibaba when I was taking it. I'll look for the paper later, but I found out the Ke for binding at Trk-B was 274nM, not super strong. I was using it for dealing with trauma-related symptoms, given the research on how BDNF and Trk-B control how fear operates in the brain (activating Trk-B can help prevent the process of reinstatement, the restoration of a fear after it has been extinguished). I started on 25mg and then 50mg and got no effect. When I finally found out that the binding affinity was that low, I eventually bumped it to 250mg per day, and started to see real results.

You will not be able to do that kind of dose at the price it's often sold for in pills. You need to order it in bulk.

I got lucky, I paid for 100g and they accidentally sent me a kilo! :-D

#16 Mr Matsubayashi

• 226 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 October 2021 - 08:52 AM

I got lucky, I paid for 100g and they accidentally sent me a kilo! :-D

Maybe yours is cut with flour hehehe. How long have you been doing 250mg? The effects I was getting on 30 sub couldn't be placebo, especially the sleepless nights.... 

#17 OneScrewLoose

• 2,378 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 October 2021 - 12:50 AM

Maybe yours is cut with flour hehehe. How long have you been doing 250mg? The effects I was getting on 30 sub couldn't be placebo, especially the sleepless nights.... 

I doubt the flour, they were asking me later for a picture of what they sent me, and I was like, nope!

Most things can be placebo, the only question is if any specific thing *is*. But you are doing yourself a disservice if you are going to dismiss it for just about anything.

For myself, I've seen so much end up being placebo, especially things related to my sleep.

I was on it for almost 2 years. I've recently gotten off it due to improvements in my psyche. But it helped a lot.

#18 OneScrewLoose

• 2,378 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 October 2021 - 01:01 AM

Here is another paper that gives a similar Kd for 7,8 DHF:

https://www.pnas.org...t/107/6/2687#F3

A binding assay demonstrated that increasing concentrations of [3H]7,8-dihydroxyflavone progressively bound TrkB extracellular domain (ECD) but not intracellular domain (ICD). Scatchard analysis revealed that the ratio of ligand to the receptor is 1:1 with binding constant K d = 320 nM

It is very unlikely that you will get any effects with 30mg at 320 nM that derive solely from the pharmacological action of DHF, and that don't involve some sort of placebo effect.

#19 Mr Matsubayashi

• 226 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 October 2021 - 01:50 AM

I'll try 250mg in one of my future experiments. It is interesting how different people react to different doses. I found one person on reddit who had the same response/dose as me to DHF which was nice (or we both got the same placebo? Maybe!)

That's an oral 250mg right? 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#20 OneScrewLoose

• 2,378 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 October 2021 - 01:58 AM

Correct, oral.

When n=1 and the only evidence is self-reporting, placebo always has to be accounted for. Statistically, 33% of the population is more susceptible to placebo and suggestion than the rest. It is not correlated with age, mental health, strength or any other variable it seems. It's just randomly distributed. I have found out that I am in that 33%, so I have learned to be skeptical of immediate results. Placebo effects tend to taper off after 6-8 weeks. They are still possible indefinitely, but just less likely. So after that is when I give my own experiences a little more credence.

I find that this kind of susceptibility is a double-edged sword, and can actually be a good thing. Although you are more susceptible to outside suggestion, you are also more susceptible to your own, which makes meditation and self-hypnosis very useful to me.

The problem is that in our culture being affected be suggestion is associated with weakness, when it's just part of the human experience. But because of that association, people on forums like this, especially Americans, are quick to dismiss it, and only hurt themselves by doing so.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bdnf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users