aβ plaques plaques oleuropein hepps tau

• Please log in to reply
674 replies to this topic

#481 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 September 2019 - 02:57 PM

I suppose that the taurine supplementation is recommended because taurine water preserved cognition in mice. As I recall, cats can't synthesize it (not sure about mice), but humans can: "The major route for the biosynthesis of taurine, shown in Figure 1B is from methionine and cysteine via cysteinesulfinic acid decarboxylase (CSD), and typically requires oxidation of hypotaurine to taurine as the final step"

https://www.ncbi.nlm...cles/PMC3501277

This might explain why it hasn't done anything discernable for me, over tens of 8g doses. Of course I also realize that supplementing it might still have value if the synthesis is insufficient, or if the benefits accrue subtly over months. I've tried dissolving it in water, which is next to impossible, and also olive oil. For that matter, I tried it on low carb as well as low protein. Nothing to report.

I haven't had any problem. Taurine is readily soluble @ about 65 grams/L. Compare that to the most soluble amino acid (glycine @ 250 grams/L) and the least soluble (tyrosine @ .5 grams/L).

• Needs references x 1
  • Agree x 1

#482 William Sterog

• 505 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 September 2019 - 10:30 AM

I have also had zero issues dissolving Taurine in water.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#483 resveratrol_guy

• 1,315 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 01:37 PM

I haven't had any problem. Taurine is readily soluble @ about 65 grams/L. Compare that to the most soluble amino acid (glycine @ 250 grams/L) and the least soluble (tyrosine @ .5 grams/L).

Then I wonder what I'm actually consuming. I have 1g taurine pills from Now. I open up 8 of them into a 700 mL water bottle and shake like hell. Barely dissolves at all. Maybe that's because it's partially crystalized or something?

As to benefits, it did nothing discernable for me on keto or low-carb. But I've been taking it again, after months of break, on my current low-protein regime. I've had a very good couple of days, cognitively speaking. However, I've changed some other things as well, so it's way to early to say that it's now beneficial because my dietary taurine intake is now much lower. (This should be irrelevant if, as I said, we can synthesize what we need. But perhaps synthesis is inefficient or limited, such that supplementation still matters.)

#484 APBT

• 906 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 05:23 PM

Then I wonder what I'm actually consuming. I have 1g taurine pills from Now. I open up 8 of them into a 700 mL water bottle and shake like hell. Barely dissolves at all. Maybe that's because it's partially crystalized or something?

It may be the stearic acid present in the capsule that hampers dissolvability.  Purchase unencapsulated taurine powder and give that a try.

• Good Point x 1
  • Agree x 1

#485 Moumou

• 27 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 September 2019 - 10:49 PM

Transcranial electromagnetic device " seems  " to work well for cognitive improvements of AZ .

https://content.iosp...sease/jad190367

Edited by Moumou, 22 September 2019 - 10:50 PM.

#486 JimHouston

• Registrant
  • 2 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 October 2019 - 06:29 AM

AD protocol update:

-----------

Plaque cocktail, part A (dose):

·    Taurine (10 g)

·    HEPPS (1 g)

·    Nicotinamide (500 mg)

·    Carnosine (3 g)

Plaque cocktail, part B (dose):

·    Sulforaphane glucosinolate (50 mg)*

·    Oleuropein (100 mg)

·    Hydroxytyrosol (25 mg)

·    Dihydromyricetin (350 mg)

·    Vitamin C (1 g)

·    Glutathione, liposomal or phytosomal (500 mg)

Turnbuckle,

I've now tried the AD protocol twice, for four days each, once per day, with part A and part B taken together and then part B taken again four hours later.  Each time by the end of day two I've not had any abdominal pains, but liquid stools (diarrhea) become the norm until at least two days after I completely stop the protocol.  I would like to continue longer because I've seen positive results even with this limited duration so any suggestions you have regarding how to limit the intestinal issues would be most appreciated as I find myself somewhat limited by the need to stay near home.

For those curious to know the positive effects, after 2-3 days of the protocol and lasting for a week or more I have much more vivid/intense dreams. These are more like the dreams when I was younger (I am now in my mid-fifties).  In particular, the first time I tried the protocol, I experienced a wet dream (not urinary incontinence) from a particularly vivid sexual dream just six days after the first dose.  I haven't had one of these in ten to twenty years.  While this could be coincidence, I do believe it is due to the much more detailed dreams that I am now having and remembering.  Other effects I can't really tell from placebo, but sometimes if you just believe something is better, then it is.  And I do believe there are little things that have changed.

A bit of background: I was a high performance individual the first fifty years of my life, I would like it to continue for as long as possible and find it disturbing that I'm a solid two on the Alzheimer's scale at this point with loss of vocabulary, inability to recall names of even those I've known for decades and even calling one of my children by the wrong name on their recent birthday.  As an individual who builds and runs businesses, I've also noticed that I now basically need a personal assistant to just remember things for me and I need to delegate things that I used to just do myself if I want them to get done.  These are things that should start in my sixties or seventies, not at fifty-six.  My grandfather developed Alzheimer's in his late eighties.  My dad developed it in his seventies.  And here I am in my fifties starting with these issues. And I do not have either APOE e4 gene variant so I'm not saying I've inherited this unless there are other unknown inherited traits.

I believe Alzheimer's is caused by the culmination of dozens of issues in the body and like being on one end of a teeter totter firmly on the ground, it has finally flipped to the bad side for me. From everything I've read I would say long-term low level inflammation that has been growing for decades and then getting exposed to Herpes about four years ago was the real push over the edge.  So my goal is to unload the other end of the teeter totter by fixing as many issues as possible and keeping my end firmly down on the ground for as long as possible.  

To that end, I'm here trying Turnbuckle's AD protocol.  And two short rounds have convinced me it is worth continuing.  But it's hard to stick to something that gives you the shits every day.  Ideas?

• Informative x 5
  • Well Written x 1

#487 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 October 2019 - 09:06 AM

Turnbuckle,

I've now tried the AD protocol twice, for four days each, once per day, with part A and part B taken together and then part B taken again four hours later.  Each time by the end of day two I've not had any abdominal pains, but liquid stools (diarrhea) become the norm until at least two days after I completely stop the protocol.  I would like to continue longer because I've seen positive results even with this limited duration so any suggestions you have regarding how to limit the intestinal issues would be most appreciated as I find myself somewhat limited by the need to stay near home.

For those curious to know the positive effects, after 2-3 days of the protocol and lasting for a week or more I have much more vivid/intense dreams. These are more like the dreams when I was younger (I am now in my mid-fifties).  In particular, the first time I tried the protocol, I experienced a wet dream (not urinary incontinence) from a particularly vivid sexual dream just six days after the first dose.  I haven't had one of these in ten to twenty years.  While this could be coincidence, I do believe it is due to the much more detailed dreams that I am now having and remembering.  Other effects I can't really tell from placebo, but sometimes if you just believe something is better, then it is.  And I do believe there are little things that have changed.

A bit of background: I was a high performance individual the first fifty years of my life, I would like it to continue for as long as possible and find it disturbing that I'm a solid two on the Alzheimer's scale at this point with loss of vocabulary, inability to recall names of even those I've known for decades and even calling one of my children by the wrong name on their recent birthday.  As an individual who builds and runs businesses, I've also noticed that I now basically need a personal assistant to just remember things for me and I need to delegate things that I used to just do myself if I want them to get done.  These are things that should start in my sixties or seventies, not at fifty-six.  My grandfather developed Alzheimer's in his late eighties.  My dad developed it in his seventies.  And here I am in my fifties starting with these issues. And I do not have either APOE e4 gene variant so I'm not saying I've inherited this unless there are other unknown inherited traits.

I believe Alzheimer's is caused by the culmination of dozens of issues in the body and like being on one end of a teeter totter firmly on the ground, it has finally flipped to the bad side for me. From everything I've read I would say long-term low level inflammation that has been growing for decades and then getting exposed to Herpes about four years ago was the real push over the edge.  So my goal is to unload the other end of the teeter totter by fixing as many issues as possible and keeping my end firmly down on the ground for as long as possible.  

To that end, I'm here trying Turnbuckle's AD protocol.  And two short rounds have convinced me it is worth continuing.  But it's hard to stick to something that gives you the shits every day.  Ideas?

Thanks for the feedback, Jim. It's tremendously valuable to hear such experiences, but most people don't bother. I suggest you try eliminating the taurine altogether and cut the C in half. See if that fixes the diarrhea. If you still have a problem, you can look at some of the other things on the list, like carnosine. (But not HEPPS or nicotinamide.) I also suggest you get a DNA test, as they are very inexpensive these days. It will tell you how many genetic markers you have for AD. In particular, one copy of the APOE-e4 gene will raise your risk 4 fold and two will raise it 12 fold. Given your family history, I suspect you have two. But no worries, sounds like this protocol will work for you, once the intestinal problem is dealt with.

Edited by Turnbuckle, 23 October 2019 - 09:09 AM.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Informative x 1

#488 aribadabar

• 860 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 October 2019 - 11:46 PM

Ideas?

I would say it is most probably the vit C causing it as it is a well-known side effect of it. Start with keeping the taurine unchanged and cut the C in half. If it still giving you trouble then consider reducing taurine.

• Disagree x 1
  • Agree x 1

#489 JimHouston

• Registrant
  • 2 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 October 2019 - 01:46 AM

Thanks for the feedback, Jim. It's tremendously valuable to hear such experiences, but most people don't bother. I suggest you try eliminating the taurine altogether and cut the C in half. See if that fixes the diarrhea. If you still have a problem, you can look at some of the other things on the list, like carnosine. (But not HEPPS or nicotinamide.) I also suggest you get a DNA test, as they are very inexpensive these days. It will tell you how many genetic markers you have for AD. In particular, one copy of the APOE-e4 gene will raise your risk 4 fold and two will raise it 12 fold. Given your family history, I suspect you have two. But no worries, sounds like this protocol will work for you, once the intestinal problem is dealt with.

I will try again first with cutting the Vitamin C in half.  And then move on to the Taurine if that doesn't do it, perhaps at 50% before going to zero.  After reading about carnosine's effects it sounds like something I definitely want to keep.  I had 23andMe DNA testing three years ago and I do not have the APOE-e4 gene variant.  After reading Dale Bredesen's book, I really feel more like inflammation and environmental factors that I've exposed myself to are more the cause than anything else but this is speculation on my part.  What I do know is I have normal blood pressure and I have no cardiovascular issues (heart scan testing zero calcium). I'm slightly overweight and don't exercise enough which I'm sure doesn't help. I have a touch of sleep apnea but not enough to get a CPAP.  And I did get a Telomere test a year ago that wasn't good.  Mine are super short - more like those of a sixty-nine year old and not of a fifty-six year old.  I've also started reading a lot on senolytics which has led me to try some large doses of fisetin - which gives me good energy on the days I take it but after stopping I get an Occular Migraine.  And I didn't even know what an Occular Migraine is before Fisetin.  Dose was 1.5g a day for three days at a time.  This of course isn't helping with Telomere length at all.

I've also ordered some C60 based on reading your profile.  But haven't done anything with it yet but will once everything else is stable.

#490 joesixpack

• 457 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 October 2019 - 03:13 AM

I will try again first with cutting the Vitamin C in half.  And then move on to the Taurine if that doesn't do it, perhaps at 50% before going to zero.  After reading about carnosine's effects it sounds like something I definitely want to keep.  I had 23andMe DNA testing three years ago and I do not have the APOE-e4 gene variant.  After reading Dale Bredesen's book, I really feel more like inflammation and environmental factors that I've exposed myself to are more the cause than anything else but this is speculation on my part.  What I do know is I have normal blood pressure and I have no cardiovascular issues (heart scan testing zero calcium). I'm slightly overweight and don't exercise enough which I'm sure doesn't help. I have a touch of sleep apnea but not enough to get a CPAP.  And I did get a Telomere test a year ago that wasn't good.  Mine are super short - more like those of a sixty-nine year old and not of a fifty-six year old.  I've also started reading a lot on senolytics which has led me to try some large doses of fisetin - which gives me good energy on the days I take it but after stopping I get an Occular Migraine.  And I didn't even know what an Occular Migraine is before Fisetin.  Dose was 1.5g a day for three days at a time.  This of course isn't helping with Telomere length at all.

I've also ordered some C60 based on reading your profile.  But haven't done anything with it yet but will once everything else is stable.

Hi Jim,

I suggest taking the C60 and add NR (at least at a low dose of 150mg). I read your earlier post about memory loss etc.. I am new to the supplement issue for these problems. In 2017, driving at night through the Colorado mountains I experienced sever disorientation, like pilots get when flying on instruments, and they can't tell if they are upside down. If I went under a highway signs, I could not tell if it was a sign or if I was in a tunnel. Very disabling.

This started a few years earlier when I was 65. Driving at night I could not discern what I was looking at in the rear view mirrors. I also had the usual memory lapses that you describe.

I looked into it, did a lot of research and ended up here. Read most of the threads, decided I needed to start exercising, which may be the most important piece. It restored my sense of balance. Then the NR thing came along and I started taking it a year ago.

When I made my drive back to AZ last fall, the disorientation was gone. I still don't like driving at night, but I have no problem doing it. Memory has improved, but at age 69 some issues are not unexpected. I like the improvement. After 6 months of NR I had significant relief from osteoarthritis in both feet. That is a keeper.

Last March I discovered the C60 supplement. It sounded ridiculous at first. I read all the threads here and in other places and decided to try it. I have been taking it since then, and will continue. I just use the basic dose that most recommend. It seems to add to the effects I get from NR. I am not sure if the benefit comes from the the C60  or the extra virgin olive oil. Just had blood work done, everything is within normal limits, so I will just keep going with what I have.

I realize that all this is anecdotal, but thought you would benefit from knowing that the symptoms you described above may be reversible, and not necessarily AD.

#491 ambivalent

• 744 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 December 2019 - 05:01 PM

HEPPS deployed to detect pre-symptomatic Alzheimer's:

https://www.technolo...-refined-318368

Edited by ambivalent, 10 December 2019 - 05:08 PM.

• WellResearched x 3

#492 ambivalent

• 744 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 December 2019 - 10:03 PM

Well, I ordered HEPPS a couple of months ago, direct from Amazon without the need of a US postal address. I've started experimenting on HEPPs et al this week but only a partial protocol - B3, Taurine, Carnosine, C, HEPPs. Then another day just Nicotinamide, HEPPs and adding in the olive leaf. I have noticed some good effects but of course it is early. The one thing I wanted to mention though at this stage is the recurrence of a symptom which I associate with what I believe to be, though undiagnosed, a long standing yeast infection, it used to be more common but the symptom isn't something I've experienced for quite sometime. There are possible explanations other than yeast for the symptom, it is temporary and not especially pleasant relating to what you correctly deduce I'm avoiding discussing - it is something of an unsavoury detour at this stage! I noticed this next day or day after the first dose. Anyhow, I do know it was mentioned in this thread that the plaque might have been a response to bacterial infection and I found this:

https://www.scienced...60525161351.htm

Edited by ambivalent, 14 December 2019 - 10:22 PM.

• Informative x 1

#493 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 December 2019 - 12:44 PM

Well, I ordered HEPPS a couple of months ago, direct from Amazon without the need of a US postal address. I've started experimenting on HEPPs et al this week but only a partial protocol - B3, Taurine, Carnosine, C, HEPPs. Then another day just Nicotinamide, HEPPs and adding in the olive leaf. I have noticed some good effects but of course it is early. The one thing I wanted to mention though at this stage is the recurrence of a symptom which I associate with what I believe to be, though undiagnosed, a long standing yeast infection, it used to be more common but the symptom isn't something I've experienced for quite sometime. There are possible explanations other than yeast for the symptom, it is temporary and not especially pleasant relating to what you correctly deduce I'm avoiding discussing - it is something of an unsavoury detour at this stage! I noticed this next day or day after the first dose. Anyhow, I do know it was mentioned in this thread that the plaque might have been a response to bacterial infection and I found this:

https://www.scienced...60525161351.htm

The point of doing these things together in the protocol is to detox the dissolved Aβ and tau, which can float around in the CSF for many hours and redeposit. As for the release of active Candida, that seems possible from your link. High doses of ascorbic acid (or sodium ascorbate) is one known treatment for Candida.

• Needs references x 1
  • Informative x 1

#494 Mr Spock

• 49 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 December 2019 - 02:01 PM

Well, I ordered HEPPS a couple of months ago, direct from Amazon without the need of a US postal address.

Hi Ambivalent,

I was under the impression that they wouldn't deliver to the UK; which seller did you buy from on amazon,if I may ask?

#495 ambivalent

• 744 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 December 2019 - 03:52 PM

Yes I wondered if not including the olive leaf was the cause, which if the case was a handy discovery. So the possible candida response was due to its release from the break of the plaques and my failure to detoxify it. Out of curiosity I may try it again at some point. I took 3g last night, with T, C, Carn, B3 and oleo~, only mild grogginess*  and as of yet no repeat symptom.

The question is to how to incorporate the trade-off of dissolving plaque and retain a defence against infection - keep the candida under control, fast regularly to reduce inflammation, perhaps not to take the protocol beyond symptom improvement? Its a reminder of senescent cell clearance which appear an obvious win first blush but requires some risk management. 

Hi goodraw, ACTGENE

* After the first protocol, without the olive leaf, I was very groggy and slow, then very clear minded in the evening. There was the confounding factor of sleeping in a rather stuffy room, which can generate similar effects (I took the protocol before bed) but this lasted beyond and went deeper than a typical oxygen-deprived sleep. 

Edited by ambivalent, 15 December 2019 - 04:09 PM.

#496 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 December 2019 - 04:43 PM

perhaps not to take the protocol beyond symptom improvement? 

My feeling is that one should take it substantially beyond that point. Aβ and tau are thought to exhibit prion-like behavior, where each stimulates the other, resulting in an acceleration of the AD process. And if you wait for symptoms to come back, you have already lost neurons to it.

In this review we discuss evidence for the prion-like properties of both Aβ and tau individually, as well as the intriguing possibility that misfolded Aβ acts as a template for tau misfolding in vivo.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC3609044/

• Agree x 2
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

#497 ambivalent

• 744 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 December 2019 - 06:50 PM

My feeling is that one should take it substantially beyond that point. Aβ and tau are thought to exhibit prion-like behavior, where each stimulates the other, resulting in an acceleration of the AD process. And if you wait for symptoms to come back, you have already lost neurons to it.

We, presumably, require some Abeta-level sweetspot between on the one side the certain neuronal damage caused by plaque and on the other neuronal protection the protein provides against infection. A sweetspot, though, might be too generous a term if there is only a least bad trade-off at some biological age.

Edited by ambivalent, 15 December 2019 - 06:53 PM.

#498 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 December 2019 - 07:14 PM

We, presumably, require some Abeta-level sweetspot between on the one side the certain neuronal damage caused by plaque and on the other neuronal protection the protein provides against infection. A sweetspot, though, might be too generous a term if there is only a least bad trade-off at some biological age.

If you get rid of all plaque, you eliminate that reservoir of Candida. So that's the sweet spot. Zero plaque.

• Good Point x 3
  • Needs references x 1
  • Enjoying the show x 1

#499 ambivalent

• 744 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 December 2019 - 08:35 PM

Yes that makes sense though the article seems cautious on plaque removal - I had imagined it has already done its job on encasing the candida threat (say). Is the plaque now dysfunctional/redundanr or still serving a purpose? - that isn't clear to me. What does seem apparent (from the source) is that we still want the capacity to form plaque and so need the proteins available.

#500 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 December 2019 - 09:06 PM

Yes that makes sense though the article seems cautious on plaque removal - I had imagined it has already done its job on encasing the candida threat (say). Is the plaque now dysfunctional/redundanr or still serving a purpose? - that isn't clear to me. What does seem apparent (from the source) is that we still want the capacity to form plaque and so need the proteins available.

That article is speculative and its speculation is a bit on the crazy side. You don't need Aβ at all. It's a misfolded form of an important membrane protein and has no real function. It's junk that screws up the brain, both directly via ROS and by attracting glial cells. I suggest you get a DNA test, which are very cheap these days. If you have one copy of the APOE4 allele, then you are around 3 times more likely to get AD. If you have 2, then you are 12 times more likely. In either case you definitely need this protocol.

• Agree x 2
  • Needs references x 1

#501 ambivalent

• 744 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 December 2019 - 09:35 PM

I would have thought the gene unlikely given family history but I will get it checked. My diet though was exceptionally poor in my 20s and 30s not matched by any family member, a plaque response to candida would make sense. That first response certainly felt like a detox, so a pretty good sign something useful was happening - that and the fact that I felt as far above the norm in the evening as I did below it during the day.

#502 ambivalent

• 744 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 December 2019 - 11:50 PM

Might it be that HEPPS broke up candida amyloids?

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC3570177/

Also, there appears some historical concern in breaking up plaques:

https://cen.acs.org/...Aggregates.html

'Some therapeutic hopefuls have broken up amyloid plaques but generated smaller oligomeric aggregates that actually accelerated cognitive decline in some patients, says Samuel Gandy.'

Certainly, I'm not suggesting this isn't worth doing (and I will) but there does appear to be some trade-off. 

Edited by ambivalent, 16 December 2019 - 12:21 AM.

#503 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 December 2019 - 01:26 AM

'Some therapeutic hopefuls have broken up amyloid plaques but generated smaller oligomeric aggregates that actually accelerated cognitive decline in some patients, says Samuel Gandy.'

As I said above, the other ingredients in the protocol are intended to detoxify the released Aβ and tau. If you don't rid of them, the disease will accelerate and you will die from it.

• Needs references x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • Informative x 1

#504 Mr Matsubayashi

• 226 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 January 2020 - 08:18 AM

Turnbuckle, I have done a lot of research into sulforaphane SFN for a friend with terminal cancer. The question I looked to answer was how to maximise the absorbed SFN per $ invested. I came to the conclusion that fresh sprouts were an order of magnitude more cost effective than pills, even if store brought. If I grew the sprouts myself it was a wash.I started blending the fresh sprouts then freezing them in an ice-cube tray for smoothies as the act of blending and freezing them seems to increase SFN yield. Blanching with 60C water prior to blending and freezing may also increase yield but if done at too high a temperature or for too long dramatically decreases yield so I haven't made it part of my routine. 

Point is that buying the precursor in supplement form may not meet your expectations of SFN conversion. If money is not a problem the best supplement on the market is Prostaphane which has 10mg SFN stabilised /pill. 

Currency AUD

Buying punnets Broccoli Sprouts.

A punnet contains 300grams of sprouts. At 24mg/g glucoraphanin, total precursor is 7.45g.

Cost of a punnet delivered is $32/4 = $8 per punnet.

Cost per gram precursor is $8/7.45 = $1.07 per gram of Glucoraphanin.

After conversion to SFN by freezing, 13mg/g SFN. A punnet is 3.9 grams SFN.

Cost per gram SFN is $8/3.9 = $2.05 per gram of SFN.

Supplementing

Jarrows BroccoMax costs $47.18.

There are 120 capsules, each with 30mg Glucoraphanin. 120 x 30mg = 3.6g

Cost per gram precursor is $47.18/3.6 = $13.11 per gram of Glucoraphanin.

Jarrows literature shows 8mg production SFN per capsule vitro. A bottle is 0.96g SFN.

Cost per gram SFN is $47.18/0.96 = $49.15 per gram SFN.

Edited by Mr Matsubayashi, 19 January 2020 - 08:19 AM.

• Off-Topic x 2
  • Informative x 2

#505 ambivalent

• 744 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 February 2020 - 12:17 AM

This perhaps straying too far OT but the candida/plaque discussion is (certainly from my experience) a live one. I mentioned a suspected long-standing candida problem and a strongly suspected zinc deficiency (supplementation of which appeared to address runaway histamine). Iron deficiency appeared tied in too. Well it does seem that these all tie in with candida with I've interpreted as a possible positive feedback loop. A response to a candida infection is for the immune system to cut back iron, zinc and other nutrients (lined below) - which explains the brain fog. The trouble is supplementing can clear this but presumably the repletion of minerals boosts the infection (as well as clearing the deficient symptoms) but presumably induces a stronger subsequent response form the immune system. Interestingly the candida fuses under these stressed conditions to create 'goliath' candida cells much like it seems the stressed fusion-response of mitochondria to starvation. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC5694484/

Zinc and Iron appear to aggregate in Alzheimers:

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/19885037

https://articles.mer...alzheimers.aspx

Speculating but if the article mentioned earlier in the thread suggesting AB plaques could be an antibiotic response to candida then is this excess store of iron and zinc linked with Alzheimer's a result of the immune systems response to starve the infection of said metals?

Edited by ambivalent, 21 February 2020 - 12:25 AM.

#506 marcusflowers

• 22 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 March 2020 - 12:34 AM

Turnbuckle. Hello to you and everyone else.

I am new to LongeCity but I have been reading it for years. I have started on your original formula about a month ago, I have taken it in several different concoctions including putting all the ingredients in a blender. Is there a certain way that you take your original protocol ? Today I blended the 1/4 tsp of Hepps with the 2 tsp of Taurine and drank it. Then I blended the olive leaf with 300mg of Oleuropein and 2 grams of vitamin C and drank. At first I did not do it every day because it gave me a headache. Now I take around 4 times a week. I plan on doing it daily unless the headache comes back. and then adjust my schedule accordingly. 

I've been trying to find out how the ab plaque is removed from your brain. Does it travel through your lymphatic system ? Does exercise help with the removal ? 

#507 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 March 2020 - 10:23 AM

I am new to LongeCity but I have been reading it for years. I have started on your original formula about a month ago, I have taken it in several different concoctions including putting all the ingredients in a blender. Is there a certain way that you take your original protocol ? 

I've been trying to find out how the ab plaque is removed from your brain. Does it travel through your lymphatic system ? Does exercise help with the removal ? 

I suggest taking whatever powders have acceptable taste in juice, and the remainder in caps.

Expect that plaques are dissolved by HEPPS and Aβ set loose in the cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) and cleared along with it. The danger is that Aβ might do even more damage in transit, as well as re-deposit, thus the oleuropein and a few other things to detoxify it. This problem is most noticeable when first starting the treatment, when you have the highest load. CSF has a half life of 6 hours or so. Due to mixing by arterial pulsations, expect that to be the minimum half life of dissolved Aβ as well.

Where does CSF go? The route is circuitous, but it's generated in the choroid plexus and exits via the arachnoid villi. See the illustration below. I doubt exercise will help with removal in general, but in certain cases it might.

CSF ciruclation: https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC4016637/

Source of attached illustration: https://www.apsubiol...pinal_Fluid.htm

Attached Files

Edited by Turnbuckle, 10 March 2020 - 11:06 AM.

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1
  • Cheerful x 1

#508 marcusflowers

• 22 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 March 2020 - 10:06 PM

So if  I take a Hepps break like I am tonight because of a headache, I should at least continue taking 2 capsules of olive leaf which would be 300mg of Oleuropein.

So it may be better on my off days to take 1 olive leaf 150mg of Oleuropein in the morning and then another 150mg at night due to the minimum half life of the of the dissolved plaques and AB within my CSF. Does that make sense ? 

What could be causing the headaches ? Could it be an excessive load of gunk ?  

#509 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 March 2020 - 10:26 PM

What could be causing the headaches ? Could it be an excessive load of gunk ?  

Probably. You can cut back the HEPPS as necessary and slow down the release of toxic materials.

• Needs references x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#510 gamesguru

• 3,465 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 05:22 PM

it's not hard to grow and cook your own broccoli sprouts.

The "might do even more damage in transit, as well as re-deposit, thus the oleuropein" part scares me.  Before trying to remove heavy metals from the body, safest thing to do is address the source and stop new ones coming in.

I found this refreshing, seems like there could be some non-genetic approaches to nearly completely stop the plaques from forming in the first place!  As with many commonsense natural solutions negatively correlated with plaque levels, one could assume combining several of them is a decent 21st century approach.

https://newsnetwork....eimers-disease/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: aβ plaques, plaques, oleuropein, hepps, tau

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users