* * * * * 10 votes

Alzheimer's protocol — dissolve & detoxify

aβ plaques plaques oleuropein hepps tau

• Please log in to reply
674 replies to this topic

#541 Neurocryo

• 54 posts

Posted 15 April 2020 - 07:48 PM

Clearance of brain waist may have other pathways. Now we need to figure out how to stimulate the flow to remove the disaggregated AB aggregates.

https://www.newscien...ste-and-toxins/

I’ve done some experimentation with this problem for a while.  If you are breaking down fibrils and oligomers into monomers why not concurrently stimulate the immune system.  I tend to couple methylene blue, oleuropein, and that new LE curcumin with maitake and AHCC.  Theory is to train my microglia and infiltrating immune cells to recognize the various species of phospho tau as antigen.

In my experience taking those works best before bed.

#542 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 April 2020 - 10:49 AM

why not concurrently stimulate the immune system.  

The immune system is stimulated during AD, and that stimulation causes even more damage. Generally permanent damage. See--

ABSTRACT
The immune system is now considered a major factor in Alzheimer Disease (AD). This review seeks to demonstrate
how various aspects of the immune system, both in the brain and peripherally, interact to contribute
to AD. We highlight classical nervous system immune components, such as complement and microglia, as well as
novel aspects of the peripheral immune system that can influence disease, such as monocytes and lymphocytes.
By detailing the roles of various immune cells in AD, we summarize an emerging perspective for disease etiology
and future therapeutic targets.

Microglia are particularly destructive--

Initial studies in AD patients demonstrated in vivo activation of
C1q (classical pathway) by the Aβ peptide (Rogers et al., 1992). C1q
was found to be tightly associated with Aβ plaques and caused surrounding neuronal atrophy through microglial engulfment 

Microglia can be expected to slowly recede after you get rid of the toxic deposits.

• Needs references x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#543 Female Scientist

• 58 posts

Posted 13 June 2020 - 12:28 AM

Turnbuckle - can you please check my logic? I’d like to try your AD protocol - not because I have the mutations (23andme says I don’t), but because I’m a long-term chronic migraine sufferer, and they’ve recently worsened considerably. The brain fog is much worse and I’d like to do what I can to preserve the brainpower I’ve got left. My neurologist says current thinking is that migraine is likely an autoimmune disorder. So this made me think of your protocol. I’m “only” 52 years old. Am I off base to think this might help someone in my situation? Thanks in advance for all you do.

#544 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 13 June 2020 - 12:52 AM

migraine is typically a ischemic or vasodilatory disorder in the brain, the blood flow is actually what cause the pain.  It can be lessened with 5-HT(1D) partial agonists (sumatriptan, ergotamine, LSA, psilocybin) which constrict central vessels.  An alternative and more invasive treatment is CGRP inhibitors (Ajovy, Vyepti).  There are some other ideas like CBD, magnesium, vitamin D, flaxseed/omega-3, and lifestyle choices but their usefulness is debated.

#545 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 June 2020 - 09:01 AM

Turnbuckle - can you please check my logic? I’d like to try your AD protocol - not because I have the mutations (23andme says I don’t), but because I’m a long-term chronic migraine sufferer, and they’ve recently worsened considerably. The brain fog is much worse and I’d like to do what I can to preserve the brainpower I’ve got left. My neurologist says current thinking is that migraine is likely an autoimmune disorder. So this made me think of your protocol. I’m “only” 52 years old. Am I off base to think this might help someone in my situation? Thanks in advance for all you do.

You probably don't have a build-up of plaques, however, you may have microglial activation, and that can result in damage and symptoms, as your neurologist suspects. The Alzheimer's drug memantine can reduce that activation, and has a very long half life of about 60-80 hours, thus I'm experimenting with it as an addition to the AD protocol. My suggestion is to try it alone, and if necessary, with antioxidants able to penetrate the BBB. Sulforaphane is one example, and has been used for migrane.

Thus, Memantine + sulforaphane.

Thorne offers "Crucera-SGS" extract which is claimed to have 50 mg of sulforaphane glucosinolate. 

Memantine for the Treatment of Migraine

Memantine is a moderate-affinity uncompetitive NMDA receptor antagonist that is approved in the U.S. for the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease. This antagonist, which has fewer side effects than other NMDA antagonists, is believed to work by competing with magnesium in the synapse, which inhibits the prolonged influx of calcium.9,12 This inhibition blocks neuronal excitation or CSD and therefore is thought to inhibit migraine pain.12 For this reason, memantine is now being prescribed as off-label prophylactic therapy for migraine.

A clinical trial examined the use of memantine (5 mg, 10 mg, 15 mg, or 20 mg) as preventive therapy for migraine in patients at a headache clinic.13 Of the 60 patients, 54 continued therapy for 2 months. Prior to therapy, headache frequency in these patients was 4 to 30 (mean 15.2, SD 8.8) per month. After therapy, headache frequency was 0 to 22 (mean 6.1, SD 6) per month. The majority of patients also experienced reduced headache severity, needed fewer migraine medications, and experienced improvements in level of functioning.

https://www.uspharma...ent-of-migraine

Novel Neuroprotective Mechanisms of Memantine: Increase in Neurotrophic Factor Release from Astroglia and Anti-Inflammation by Preventing Microglial Over-Activation

In conclusion, this study illustrates alternative mechanisms for neuroprotective effects of memantine by acting on glia: a neurotrophic effect mediated by astroglia through histone hyperacetylation, and an anti-inflammatory effect mediated by attenuation of microglia overactivation during inflammation. Our results also underline the emerging role of glia as active participants in neuronal survival, and further support the concept that astroglial dysfunction and aberrant activation of microglia contribute to the pathogenesis of various neurodegenerative disorders.

Central sensitization is an important mechanism of chronic migraine (CM) and is related to the inflammatory response of microglia.

Endogenous antioxidant defense system may have a role in the prevention of hyperalgesia in migraine. 

Conclusion: Oxidative stress was involved in nitroglycerin-induced hyperalgesia. Activation of the Nrf2/ARE pathway inhibited the activation of TGVS and prevented the induction of hyperalgesia. Sulforaphane might therefore be an effective agent for hyperalgesia. Further studies are needed to discover the underlying mechanisms of the process.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC5078120/

Edited by Turnbuckle, 13 June 2020 - 09:32 AM.

• Informative x 4
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • WellResearched x 1

#546 Female Scientist

• 58 posts

Posted 13 June 2020 - 10:37 PM

migraine is typically a ischemic or vasodilatory disorder in the brain, the blood flow is actually what cause the pain.  It can be lessened with 5-HT(1D) partial agonists (sumatriptan, ergotamine, LSA, psilocybin) which constrict central vessels.  An alternative and more invasive treatment is CGRP inhibitors (Ajovy, Vyepti).  There are some other ideas like CBD, magnesium, vitamin D, flaxseed/omega-3, and lifestyle choices but their usefulness is debated.

Thanks, I've been down those roads for decades now. And the current thinking is away from vasodilation as etiology, which is the first time in years that significant progress has been made in migraine. It's a fascinating time in neurology because we have more options. The autoimmune hypothesis is gaining traction and it's exciting. BTW I have also recently started a CGRP inhibitor but I'd like to get even higher in the cascade of triggers than that. 

#547 Female Scientist

• 58 posts

Posted 13 June 2020 - 10:48 PM

You probably don't have a build-up of plaques, however, you may have microglial activation, and that can result in damage and symptoms, as your neurologist suspects. The Alzheimer's drug memantine can reduce that activation, and has a very long half life of about 60-80 hours, thus I'm experimenting with it as an addition to the AD protocol. My suggestion is to try it alone, and if necessary, with antioxidants able to penetrate the BBB. Sulforaphane is one example, and has been used for migrane.

Thus, Memantine + sulforaphane.

Thorne offers "Crucera-SGS" extract which is claimed to have 50 mg of sulforaphane glucosinolate. 

Turnbuckle: Your comment is very helpful. I had previously been prescribed memantine as a *preventative" agent for migraine. While I tolerated it just fine (except for the higher doses), it really did nothing for migraine frequency or severity. So I quit taking it. However, it was never presented to me as a *treatment for neurological damage caused by migraine* - which is what I think you're suggesting. The good news is the CGRP inhibitor I recently started taking (after a massive insurance company battle - lest it cost $750 per month) -- seems to have stopped the galloping pace of the worsening chronic migraine syndrome. I also started a gluten-free diet after my siblings had significant reduction in back pain/general "aches and pains of aging" after being off gluten for 2-3 months. So my goal is to reduce any potential source of autoimmune over-reaction. My recent improvement in migraine frequency means, I think, it's a good time to address the damage that's been done, so I'll restart the memantine. BTW I also have BroccoMax on hand from your mitochondria protocol -- I've forgotten if you do or don't recommend BroccoMax as a source of suforaphane? Mahalo again.

#548 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 June 2020 - 11:25 PM

Turnbuckle: Your comment is very helpful. I had previously been prescribed memantine as a *preventative" agent for migraine. While I tolerated it just fine (except for the higher doses), it really did nothing for migraine frequency or severity. So I quit taking it. However, it was never presented to me as a *treatment for neurological damage caused by migraine* - which is what I think you're suggesting. The good news is the CGRP inhibitor I recently started taking (after a massive insurance company battle - lest it cost $750 per month) -- seems to have stopped the galloping pace of the worsening chronic migraine syndrome. I also started a gluten-free diet after my siblings had significant reduction in back pain/general "aches and pains of aging" after being off gluten for 2-3 months. So my goal is to reduce any potential source of autoimmune over-reaction. My recent improvement in migraine frequency means, I think, it's a good time to address the damage that's been done, so I'll restart the memantine. BTW I also have BroccoMax on hand from your mitochondria protocol -- I've forgotten if you do or don't recommend BroccoMax as a source of suforaphane? Mahalo again.

BroccoMax should work. As for memantine, how long did you take it? Microglial cells may not deactivate all that fast. CGRP is known to activate microglia, so that suggests you are on the right track, by stopping the activation process.

• Off-Topic x 1
  • Informative x 1

#549 docmaas

• 129 posts

Posted 14 June 2020 - 01:13 AM

Have there been any negative reports on sulforaphane?   I was taking Avamacol for a while but my recall started to decline so I stopped it.  Subsequently it improved but not so hot right now.  I suspected I may have a polymorphism given the overwhelmingly positive things I hear.

Mike

#550 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 June 2020 - 02:23 AM

Have there been any negative reports on sulforaphane?   I was taking Avamacol for a while but my recall started to decline so I stopped it.  Subsequently it improved but not so hot right now.  I suspected I may have a polymorphism given the overwhelmingly positive things I hear.

Mike

I wouldn't take anything that promotes mito fusion every day. That could interfere with mito QC, which requires fission. 

• Needs references x 1

#551 Female Scientist

• 58 posts

Posted 15 June 2020 - 04:56 AM

BroccoMax should work. As for memantine, how long did you take it? Microglial cells may not deactivate all that fast. CGRP is known to activate microglia, so that suggests you are on the right track, by stopping the activation process.

I took the memantine for about 3 months. I had the subjective sense that it made me "sharper" (at the lower dose), so I'm happy to restart it. Hoping it will work well now with the addition of the CGRP inhibitor and now the BroccoMax. -- TB, will you cycle the memantine, as you do with fusion promoters? And should I also cycle the sulforaphane, or take it continuously? Or are these on a completely different molecular pathway? Aloha...

#552 Andey

• 673 posts

Posted 15 June 2020 - 05:33 AM

@Female Scientist

Have you tried going ketogenic for some period of time? I see a lot of migraine `cures` reports at keto forums. Keto is a very broad term though I believe you would be better off sticking to low carbs, lowish protein version of it, or at least put the majority of it(protein) into one meal to avoid mTor activation. Another thing would be try to shift microglia to a M2 state, IDK though if things that work for macrophages, in general, would work here - water with bicarbonate or hydrogen water.

#553 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 June 2020 - 09:11 AM

I took the memantine for about 3 months. I had the subjective sense that it made me "sharper" (at the lower dose), so I'm happy to restart it. Hoping it will work well now with the addition of the CGRP inhibitor and now the BroccoMax. -- TB, will you cycle the memantine, as you do with fusion promoters? And should I also cycle the sulforaphane, or take it continuously? Or are these on a completely different molecular pathway? Aloha...

I am presently experimenting with memantine/sulforaphane with the AD protocol, which I presently use only a couple of times a month as maintenance. I also use sulforaphane with my stem cell protocol during the SC mito fusion phase, as stearic acid does not cross the BBB. This is 2-3 times a month, each followed by 2-3 cycles of the fission phase in which senescent cells are eliminated and replaced.

As I said three posts above, I wouldn't take a fusion promoter every day as fission is required for mito QC.

As for memantine, I occasionally use that at night with melatonin, and the further combination with sulforahane might be interesting. Memantine has been shown to stimulate the symmetric proliferation of radial glial progenitor cells, which become neurons, while sulforaphane produces fusion, which is necessary for symmetric proliferation, stimulates SCs itself, and is an antioxidant. Melatonin is also protective of neural SCs. I would not use these things every day, however. You can easily stimulate SCs, but what happens to them if they aren't needed? Very likely homeostatic mechanisms get rid of them, and thus they are wasted.

If excess stem cells were injected into an animal, they simply wouldn't divide or would undergo apoptosis and be eliminated

https://stemcells.ni...rt/chapter5.htm

SFN [sulforahane] is a drug to promote NSC proliferation and neuronal differentiation when used at low concentrations. These protective effects are mediated by Wnt signaling pathway.

https://pubmed.ncbi....m 0.25 to 10 µM.

These results clearly demonstrated that memantine promotes the proliferation of RGL progenitor cells. We also found that memantine increased the ratio of horizontally aligned RGL progenitor cells, which are probably produced by symmetric division. These findings suggest that memantine increases the proliferation of primary progenitor cells and expands the primary progenitor cell pool in the adult hippocampus by stimulating symmetric division.

https://onlinelibrar...1002/glia.20831

Edited by Turnbuckle, 15 June 2020 - 09:33 AM.

• like x 3
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 2
  • Informative x 1

#554 Andey

• 673 posts

Posted 15 June 2020 - 09:39 AM

I would add serine could help too (D-Serine Regulates Proliferation and Neuronal Differentiation of Neural Stem Cells From Postnatal Mouse Forebrain)

https://pubmed.ncbi....h.gov/22280157/

Phosphatidylserine (at 300mg+) also decreases cortisol production, this reducing level of stress and should lead to a decrease of overreactive immune system

• Good Point x 1

#555 Gal220

• 1,047 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 03:51 AM

Have you considered using a more heavy duty chelator for detoxing? - Link1, Link2, Link3

"To successfully chelate heavy metals out of the body and brain, and to prevent the dangers of re-absorption, a “true chelator” must be used. Herbs such as cilantro, or binding agents like chlorella, do not have the molecular structure to hold on to a heavy metal permanently. Therefore, they only stir up the metals and cause them to redistribute somewhere else."

"Before I, or any other practitioner we train, begin any heavy metal detoxification protocol, we also prepare and restore critical detoxification pathways, which include the liver, kidneys, lymphatic and intestinal systems. You must keep these down-stream detox pathways open during the detoxification process or cycle."

"After 3 months of DMSA ONLY cycling, we add a fat-soluble chelator to the protocol to expedite the metals from the brain."

"On average it takes 2 years to remove the majority of most heavy metals like mercury from the body. However, with my high mercury levels and genetically weak heavy metal detoxification pathways, it took me 4 years. Because of my genetic weakness, I still chelate periodically to maintain stability and performance. "

#556 Female Scientist

• 58 posts

Posted 20 June 2020 - 08:58 PM

@Female Scientist

Have you tried going ketogenic for some period of time? I see a lot of migraine `cures` reports at keto forums. Keto is a very broad term though I believe you would be better off sticking to low carbs, lowish protein version of it, or at least put the majority of it(protein) into one meal to avoid mTor activation. Another thing would be try to shift microglia to a M2 state, IDK though if things that work for macrophages, in general, would work here - water with bicarbonate or hydrogen water.

I have also seen reports of those "cures". I wish it worked for me. Some of us seem to do well with keto and keto-ish diets. I don't think I am one of them. HOWEVER - as I said above, I am engaging in a 3 month trial of zero gluten, as a few family members have had startlingly good results in decrease in muscle aches and pains as a result. If the "leaky gut" idea holds water, this approach should shore up my immune system and help keep the inflammation down, helping what seems to be the raging autoimmune complications from chronic migraine. So far so good, but can't yet tell which intervention is helping since I'm doing multiple things at once (as a result of being in so much agony, I am trying everything that might work - and will weed out treatments later, after I feel solidly better). 

• like x 1

#557 Andey

• 673 posts

Posted 21 June 2020 - 06:52 PM

I have also seen reports of those "cures". I wish it worked for me. Some of us seem to do well with keto and keto-ish diets. I don't think I am one of them. HOWEVER - as I said above, I am engaging in a 3 month trial of zero gluten, as a few family members have had startlingly good results in decrease in muscle aches and pains as a result. If the "leaky gut" idea holds water, this approach should shore up my immune system and help keep the inflammation down, helping what seems to be the raging autoimmune complications from chronic migraine. So far so good, but can't yet tell which intervention is helping since I'm doing multiple things at once (as a result of being in so much agony, I am trying everything that might work - and will weed out treatments later, after I feel solidly better). 

I also have autoimmune issues, dont sure what is causing it but when I am on a somewhat strict diet - meat, olive oil, raw chocolate, bit of leafy greens, I have no digestion problems and could speculate that my inflammation is way down.

Hate to say it but all meat diet could be the answer, but a very boring one.

#558 macleand888

• 4 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 01:40 AM

Hi Turnbuckle!

First of all THANK YOU SO, SO VERY MUCH for all of the time and effort that you have put forth to help other people with your wonderful ideas and protocols. I have been following you for some time now. Last fall I put my 83 year old Mother who has been diagnosed with Alzheimers on your Alzheimers protocol. We finished it up about 5 months ago. She seemed to show improvement during and after the Protocol. Since then I have been giving her 3 Broccomax per day as maintenance. Recently she seems to be showing signs of further cognitive decline. Do you have any recommendations I should look at for maintenance? Maybe periodic doses of the Protocol? Also is the Broccomax everyday a good idea! I also see you mentioned memantine. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Please forgive me if you already listed a maintenance regime and I missed it. Thank you again for all of your contributions!  Darrell MacLean

#559 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 July 2020 - 09:16 AM

Hi Turnbuckle!

First of all THANK YOU SO, SO VERY MUCH for all of the time and effort that you have put forth to help other people with your wonderful ideas and protocols. I have been following you for some time now. Last fall I put my 83 year old Mother who has been diagnosed with Alzheimers on your Alzheimers protocol. We finished it up about 5 months ago. She seemed to show improvement during and after the Protocol. Since then I have been giving her 3 Broccomax per day as maintenance. Recently she seems to be showing signs of further cognitive decline. Do you have any recommendations I should look at for maintenance? Maybe periodic doses of the Protocol? Also is the Broccomax everyday a good idea! I also see you mentioned memantine. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Please forgive me if you already listed a maintenance regime and I missed it. Thank you again for all of your contributions!  Darrell MacLean

AD cannot be reversed and then forgotten about. See the following quote--

“I believe this shows beyond a shadow of a doubt that amyloid beta and tau are both prions, and that Alzheimer’s disease is a double-prion disorder in which these two rogue proteins together destroy the brain,” said Stanley Prusiner, MD, the study’s senior author and director of the UCSF Institute for Neurodegenerative Diseases, 

https://www.ucsf.edu...der-study-shows

This means that once it begins, it will feed on itself and accelerate. You can knock it back with the protocol, but it will return if you don't clear it out once in a while. Once a week to once a month may be sufficient for maintenance. I am now evaluating adding memantine (10-50 mg) to the protocol, and I believe it is then possible to make a one dose treatment as memantine appears to protect against Aβ toxicity and has a long half-life -- longer than CSF clearance, anyway.

Memantine is a prescription drug, but a prescription can be readily obtained for someone who has AD, and it can also be bought as a powder without a prescription from a couple of nootropic suppliers -- eg, https://science.bio/...tine-hcl-powder

As for any substance that promotes either fusion or fission, I believe taking it every day is not a good idea. Both are necessary for proper mito QC and functioning.

Edited by Turnbuckle, 02 July 2020 - 10:13 AM.

• Needs references x 1

#560 Gal220

• 1,047 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 01:52 PM

Has anyone looked at Percepta for removing tangles and plaque, its a cat claw extract?

More on detox

Besides the Cutler protocol of DMSA and ALA for detox, I found a competing detox by Chris Shade that up-regulates glutathione .  Ive read good and bad results with both, but the Shade detox is more natural  and uses primarily the intestine instead of the kidneys.

#561 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 July 2020 - 11:02 PM

Has anyone looked at Percepta for removing tangles and plaque, its a cat claw extract?

That was discussed very briefly a couple of years ago, but I never tried it. I'll give it a shot as part of the protocol.

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

#562 macleand888

• 4 posts

Posted 04 July 2020 - 10:05 PM

Thank you for your response. Sorry I did not respond sooner. I just recently bought a house with my 83 year old parents and we just moved in today. It has been a crazy week. I know all of this is still a work in progress and nothing is set in stone and I also hope you do not mind me asking but what would a general maintenance protocol look like at this point in time? Thanks.

#563 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 July 2020 - 10:31 PM

Thank you for your response. Sorry I did not respond sooner. I just recently bought a house with my 83 year old parents and we just moved in today. It has been a crazy week. I know all of this is still a work in progress and nothing is set in stone and I also hope you do not mind me asking but what would a general maintenance protocol look like at this point in time? Thanks.

I answered your question in post 559.

• Unfriendly x 1

#564 macleand888

• 4 posts

Posted 05 July 2020 - 12:09 AM

I apologize that I am not completely clear on how I should proceed. What I am taking away is 1) Administer the Protocol 1-4 times a month. 2) Add Memantine to the Protocol at 10-50mg. 3) discontinue the daily Sulforaphane use. My questions are 1) Since it has been a while since I gave my mother the Protocol (about 5 months) and I was not doing any maintenance should I administer another full Protocol or a condensed version or just go right into a maintenance Protocol at this point. 2) In regards to the Maintenance Protocol, if you (had to) pick one would you recommend 1 time per week or 1 time per month or something in between? 2. Also with the Memantine dosage, if you (had to) pick one would you recommend 10mg of Memantine or 50 mg or something in between. 3. You mentioned that I should not administer Sulforaphane on a daily basis, my question is would you use Sulforaphane on any other dosing schedule for Alzheimer's or any other supplements or substances on a daily or scheduled basis. Again I apologize. I am not a formerly educated individual and do not totally understand some of the ideas and concepts that you and others in the forum discuss and debate. Unfortunately for me I am the type of person that sometimes needs a little guidance when it comes to subjects that I do not totally understand, especially when it is in regards to a cherished family members health that I am scared about. Thank you Turnbuckle for your work and time and any feedback and guidance that you are willing to give me will be greatly appreciated.

• like x 1

#565 bladedmind

• 286 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 July 2020 - 03:19 AM

Turnbuckle, I’m enormously grateful for your work on the protocols, they have greatly improved my life.  I’m age 71.  The stem cell protocol with C60 in particular jerked me out of 5 years of low-stamina exercise intolerance - I now have more stamina than my mid-30s offspring.  I did nine of those, last about a year ago,  and just did a tenth stem cell and senolytic protocol.  That was an amazing boost, and the senolytic portion was subjectively noticeable.    I think you said before that one would do C60 only about ten times.  Does that caution still apply? 

I did 39 old alzheimer’s protocols, 39th in February, 2020.  Last week I did a 40th with the new protocol and got a noticeable boost.  You talk about adding memantine.  I possess an RC version but have not used it.   Would one take memantine once at Step A, or once at Step B, or both, or at C?   

You can knock it back with the protocol, but it will return if you don't clear it out once in a while. Once a week to once a month may be sufficient for maintenance. I am now evaluating adding memantine (10-50 mg) to the protocol, and I believe it is then possible to make a one dose treatment as memantine appears to protect against Aβ toxicity and has a long half-life -- longer than CSF clearance, anyway.

Can you help me understand this statement.  Do you calibrate frequency (once a week to once a month) by subjective response?  When you say that adding memantine would make it a one-dose treatment, do you mean one dose for a lifetime, one dose a month, or something else?  

Thanks, I appreciate your work and your patience with posters.

#566 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 July 2020 - 08:37 AM

AD protocol update:

----------

Plaque cocktail, part A (dose):

·    Taurine (5-10 g)

·    HEPPS (.5-1 g)

·    Nicotinamide (500 mg)

·    Carnosine (3 g)

·    Memantine (10-100 mg)

Plaque cocktail, part B (dose):

·    Sulforaphane glucosinolate (50 mg)

·    Oleuropein (300 mg)

·    Hydroxytyrosol (25 mg)

·    Vitamin C (1 g)

·    Glutathione, liposomal or phytosomal (.5-1g)

Cocktail A can be dosed in fruit juice and Cocktail B in tablets and capsules. They are taken together, constituting one treatment.

----------

Dosing: I suggest using this 2-3 times a week initially, spacing out the treatments. This may be continued until symptoms fully abate (could be months), then the frequency of treatments may be reduced to once a week or even once a month for maintenance. However, realize that once AD starts, it progresses in a prion-like fashion, self-catalyzing. So even if symptoms are presently absent, it doesn’t mean plaques are not present and not increasing. Symptoms will come back without maintenance treatments.

Taking this treatment at night can make it difficult to fall sleep.

----------

Notes: The main change in this update is the addition of Memantine. This drug often prescribed for AD, but is also available without prescription in powder form. Taking too much can cause a drugged feeling that might persist for days as it has a long half-life, so if unfamiliar with it, I suggest starting out at the low end of around 20 mg. The improvement with Memantine appears substantial, and its long half-life eliminates the need for a second dose of part B.

Memantine can be obtained as a powder without a prescription from a couple of nootropic suppliers -- eg, https://science.bio/...ine-hcl-powder/

I have found that oleuropein from Nature Bell (2 caps) works well. I mention a brand name as there’s another brand out there that produces nausea. Nausea is not a normal response to oleuropein, so I suspect something was wrong with their extraction.

----------

The previous update (without Memantine) was in post #472. A link to the latest can always be found on my profile page.

Edited by Turnbuckle, 10 July 2020 - 08:44 AM.

• Informative x 4
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1
  • WellResearched x 1

#567 Fafner55

• 300 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 July 2020 - 11:20 AM

Turnbuckle, I can offer a possible option to your AD protocol. 

Instead of liposomal glutathione, taking 1 g/ea/day of precursors NAC and glycine will raise total glutathione levels. In my case, it increased total glutathione 72% from a deficient 323 uM to 556 uM. Normal range is indicated as 554 - 1228 uM.

"Deficient synthesis of glutathione underlies oxidative stress in aging and can be corrected by dietary cysteine and glycine supplementation" (2011) https://www.ncbi.nlm...es/PMC3155927/ 

• WellResearched x 2

#568 marcusflowers

• 22 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 July 2020 - 09:33 PM

I've been through the zone. Stressed to the max. Our Nursing Home was hit hard with the coronavirus. I was super stressed. I could only stay home and study, I continued the AD protocol but only on weekends because it overwhelms my brain. I get a mean headache.I discovered a different type of plague enabler that should be considered as a cause of AD and it is called TMAO. The diet for TMAO is easy and I do it every day. Why remove gunk only to have it come back ? I call it my TMAO diet. It consist of grape seed extract and lactofermented apple puree. I stopped eating certain TMAO foods like red meat and dairy. Only one range fed egg in my morning shake for my days worth of choline with my fermented no added sugar apple sauce. 

The diet significantly reduces the TMAO in your blood serum and the return of plaque to the brain. Thank you in advance for your consideration and any comments.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC6052480/

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC6356416/

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC6356833/

Edited by marcusflowers, 12 July 2020 - 09:45 PM.

#569 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 July 2020 - 11:45 PM

I get a mean headache.

Try cutting back on the HEPPS initially. Cut it in half.

• Needs references x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#570 marcusflowers

• 22 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 July 2020 - 12:19 AM

Turnbuckle. What do you suppose the headache is from? I'm down to a 500 mg scoop.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: aβ plaques, plaques, oleuropein, hepps, tau

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users