* * * * * 10 votes

Alzheimer's protocol — dissolve & detoxify

aβ plaques plaques oleuropein hepps tau

• Please log in to reply
674 replies to this topic

#601 Rich D

• 59 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 07:03 PM

AD protocol update: See post #566 for the previous protocol.

Reason for update: I’ve found that memantine can cause knee pain, and high doses of HEPPS can cause headaches or fogginess. The following cocktail appears easier on the brain and the knees. It involves one small dose of grape juice a day, with a larger quantity prepared in advance.

Plaque cocktail:

·    Two quarts grape juice (I use Welch’s Concord brand)

·    HEPPS (2 g)

·    Vitamin C (2 g)

·    Nicotinamide (2 g)

·    Taurine (2 tablespoons)

·    Methylene blue (80 drops of 2.3% solution, or 184 drops of 1%)

Preparation: Reduction of Methylene blue (MB) will lessen staining potential and improve taste. To do this, add the MB to the Vitamin C in a small beaker. Top off with water to 40 ml. This will turn almost clear in 10-20 minutes. Add this to the container of grape juice, along with the HEPPS, taurine, and nicotinamide. Taste is barely changed.

Dose: 40 ml/day

Notes: AD plaques have two components: amyloid-beta and hyperphosphated tau. HEPPS dissolves the first while MB dissolves the second. MB also acts as an antioxidant, and nicotinamide reduces tau hyperphosphorylation.

While the possibility of staining by MB still exists, it is much less when reduced. Urine may occasionally appear faintly green or blue, depending on the dose. If dosing someone else, be sure to tell them this.

Am I right that this recipe is enough for nearly 50 daily doses? Two quarts of juice plus 40ml water = 1933ml, and the daily dose is 40ml/day = ~48 servings. If my interpretation is correct, I would be concerned about this preparation being safe for nearly 50 days.

#602 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 January 2021 - 07:51 PM

Am I right that this recipe is enough for nearly 50 daily doses? Two quarts of juice plus 40ml water = 1933ml, and the daily dose is 40ml/day = ~48 servings. If my interpretation is correct, I would be concerned about this preparation being safe for nearly 50 days.

Then buy the one quart size.

• Needs references x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#603 aribadabar

• 860 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 January 2021 - 11:33 PM

AD protocol update: See post #566 for the previous protocol.

Reason for update: I’ve found that memantine can cause knee pain, and high doses of HEPPS can cause headaches or fogginess. The following cocktail appears easier on the brain and the knees. It involves one small dose of grape juice a day, with a larger quantity prepared in advance.

Plaque cocktail:

·    Two quarts grape juice (I use Welch’s Concord brand)

·    HEPPS (2 g)

·    Vitamin C (2 g)

·    Nicotinamide (2 g)

·    Taurine (2 tablespoons)

·    Methylene blue (80 drops of 2.3% solution, or 184 drops of 1%)

Preparation: Reduction of Methylene blue (MB) will lessen staining potential and improve taste. To do this, add the MB to the Vitamin C in a small beaker. Top off with water to 40 ml. This will turn almost clear in 10-20 minutes. Add this to the container of grape juice, along with the HEPPS, taurine, and nicotinamide. Taste is barely changed.

Dose: 40 ml/day

Notes: AD plaques have two components: amyloid-beta and hyperphosphated tau. HEPPS dissolves the first while MB dissolves the second. MB also acts as an antioxidant, and nicotinamide reduces tau hyperphosphorylation.

While the possibility of staining by MB still exists, it is much less when reduced. Urine may occasionally appear faintly green or blue, depending on the dose. If dosing someone else, be sure to tell them this.

A couple of questions:

Isn't this too weak/dilute HEPPS ( the cornerstone of the protocol) a preparation to be effective? The dose is dropped from 1000mg to ~40mg/d. Most of the other constituents seem in negligible amounts too if only 40ml/d are to be consumed.

Is it to be taken daily as opposed to 2-3/times per week as was the case in the previous iterations?

• Good Point x 1

#604 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 January 2021 - 01:18 AM

A couple of questions:

Isn't this too weak/dilute HEPPS ( the cornerstone of the protocol) a preparation to be effective? The dose is dropped from 1000mg to ~40mg/d. Most of the other constituents seem in negligible amounts too if only 40ml/d are to be consumed.

Is it to be taken daily as opposed to 2-3/times per week as was the case in the previous iterations?

Every day. And if you want to use more, you certainly can. But I was looking for a way of slowing it down and eliminating the pills.

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

#605 APBT

• 906 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 03:25 PM

Why did you eliminate the following?  Were they not efficacious?

Carnosine (3 g)

Sulforaphane glucosinolate (50 mg)

Oleuropein (300 mg)

Hydroxytyrosol (25 mg)

Glutathione, liposomal or phytosomal (.5-1g)

• Good Point x 1

#606 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 January 2021 - 09:51 PM

Why did you eliminate the following?  Were they not efficacious?

Carnosine (3 g)

Sulforaphane glucosinolate (50 mg)

Oleuropein (300 mg)

Hydroxytyrosol (25 mg)

Glutathione, liposomal or phytosomal (.5-1g)

I added these to detox the released plaque debris, but in some cases they were not sufficient. For one thing, none had a long enough half life, and guanfacine, which has a much longer half-life, has a problem with knee pain that isn't acknowledged by big pharma ("There are no known problems associated with long term use of guanfacine." Wrong!) Also, it seems that plaque fragments can deposit elsewhere and create problems, so I decided to switch to a slower and less episodic approach. MB dissolves the tau portion of plaques, so the combination of MB and HEPPS should dissolve the entire plaque and not leave fragments, especially with the slow approach. I'd been reluctant to add MB due to its staining potential, but at low levels and with reduction to a colorless state, it seems much less of a problem. And given that MB is a good antioxidant with a long half-life, these other detoxifying items now seem unnecessary. Some probably won't work too well in grape juice in any case. Carnosine, for instance won't work unless you dose it at these high levels, so adding enough to 2 quarts would require more than a hundred grams.

BTW: be sure to label this container.

Edited by Turnbuckle, 11 January 2021 - 09:58 PM.

• Needs references x 1

#607 APBT

• 906 posts

Posted 24 January 2021 - 04:47 PM

Am I correct that the liquid plaque cocktail yields ~20 mg of Methylene Blue per serving?

Also, what is a reliable source for pharmaceutical grade Methylene Blue?

#608 aribadabar

• 860 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 February 2021 - 04:37 PM

What caused to reverse your previous position on MB and go back to taking it?

#609 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 February 2021 - 05:05 PM

What caused to reverse your previous position on MB and go back to taking it?

My previous experience was with a relatively large dose of MB (100 mg), and I no longer believe that level was creating a problem so much as exposing it.  MB is an antioxidant with a similar biological half life to guanfacine, and does double duty by dissolving hyperphosphorylated tau while not having the problem guanfacine has with joint pain.

There's another advantage of MB, but I will hold that for the next update.

• Informative x 3
  • Needs references x 1

#610 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 February 2021 - 10:31 AM

AD protocol update:

I’m going to put the previous protocol with grape juice and methylene blue on hold and revert to a simplified version of an older one. A couple of commenters worried about the HEPPS dose and its stability in grape juice, and likely they are right. The results seemed fine for a couple of months, after which symptoms began returning in one individual, and after one dose of the simplified protocol shown below, the symptoms resolved within an hour. As I noted in the above post, I have another idea for using the MB/HEPPS protocol to simultaneously treat P-tau and Aβ as well as a third AD etiology, but I’m still testing it.

Plaque cocktail (dose):

●   Taurine (5 g)

●   HEPPS (500 mg)

●   Nicotinamide (500 mg)

●   Sulforaphane glucosinolate (50 mg)

●   Oleuropein (100 mg)

●   Hydroxytyrosol (25 mg)

●   Vitamin C (1 g)

●   Glutathione, liposomal or phytosomal (1 g)

Dosed as needed — once a day to once a week.

• Informative x 2
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • like x 1

#611 danielou

• 3 posts

Posted 14 February 2021 - 02:59 PM

Thank you so much for this update and all your great work!     Forgive this question if covered previously but how to sequence this protocol with the stem cell self renewal protocol?  There is overlap with the sulphoraphane, nicotinamide and glutathione between protocols and I'm worried about interference.  I'm starting with the stem cell senescence protocol  today first (I'm a 57 yo research scientist, but making many cognitive errors, IQ 140 in my prime years, not tested again recently, my father developed A-dementia in his 70s) and I ate 5 stearic acid brownies instead of 1- I understand half life is long, so will be more careful in future.  Plan to repeat part 1 of SC renewal  in 2 weeks, part 2 days 1 and 2 following part 1

How would you suggest incorporating/sequencing Alzheimer's protocol?

Thanks again for your sharing your insights!

AD protocol update:

I’m going to put the previous protocol with grape juice and methylene blue on hold and revert to a simplified version of an older one. A couple of commenters worried about the HEPPS dose and its stability in grape juice, and likely they are right. The results seemed fine for a couple of months, after which symptoms began returning in one individual, and after one dose of the simplified protocol shown below, the symptoms resolved within an hour. As I noted in the above post, I have another idea for using the MB/HEPPS protocol to simultaneously treat P-tau and Aβ as well as a third AD etiology, but I’m still testing it.

Plaque cocktail (dose):

●   Taurine (5 g)

●   HEPPS (500 mg)

●   Oleuropein (100 mg)

●   Vitamin C (1 g)

• Informative x 1

#612 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 February 2021 - 03:42 PM

Thank you so much for this update and all your great work!     Forgive this question if covered previously but how to sequence this protocol with the stem cell self renewal protocol?  There is overlap with the sulphoraphane, nicotinamide and glutathione between protocols and I'm worried about interference.  I'm starting with the stem cell senescence protocol  today first (I'm a 57 yo research scientist, but making many cognitive errors, IQ 140 in my prime years, not tested again recently, my father developed A-dementia in his 70s) and I ate 5 stearic acid brownies instead of 1- I understand half life is long, so will be more careful in future.  Plan to repeat part 1 of SC renewal  in 2 weeks, part 2 days 1 and 2 following part 1

How would you suggest incorporating/sequencing Alzheimer's protocol?

Thanks again for your sharing your insights!

If you suspect AD, I suggest you get your DNA tested by one of the sites that give health predispositions. If you are experiencing AD symptoms now, then you most likely have two APOE ε4 genes. If you do, then you are in an exclusive club that are all doomed without this AD protocol. If you have none, then maybe it’s something else and the protocol won’t do you any good.

So first get your DNA tested.

Second, if it looks bad, then treat it as an emergency and use the AD protocol now, leaving the SC protocol for later. At 57 you still have lots of time, and there are many possible interactions with the protocols as you've correctly perceived.

• Needs references x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • like x 1

#613 danielou

• 3 posts

Posted 14 February 2021 - 04:12 PM

Thank you!   will proceed as you've suggested with DNA testing.  Many thanks for your work on this!

• like x 1

#614 aribadabar

• 860 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 February 2021 - 09:51 PM

If you are experiencing AD symptoms now, then you most likely have two APOE ε4 genes.

One can't develop AD without carrying APOE ε4 ? I thought it increases its incidence/likelihood, not that it is a can/cannot develop AD.

• Agree x 1

#615 aribadabar

• 860 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 February 2021 - 05:09 AM

What would be your suggested frequency as a prophylaxis someone age 65 who is currently not showing any symptoms?

Thank you!

• like x 1

#616 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 February 2021 - 05:47 PM

What would be your suggested frequency as a prophylaxis someone age 65 who is currently not showing any symptoms?

Thank you!

I suggest you get your DNA tested as I mentioned to another poster on this page. There are several Alzheimer's genes, most important of which is ApoEε4. If you have one, your risk is 3 times normal. If you have two, your risk is about 12 times normal. Even if you don't have any, you will experience a constantly increasing risk, but not a significant one for many years yet. A prophylactic dose once in a while seems like a good idea, as buildup can begin slowly and silently, and then take off in a double prion-like fashion. And while it's certainly better to prevent rather than cure AD, I can't give you any suggestions on frequency.

The age-of-onset plot is from here

Attached Files

Edited by Turnbuckle, 17 February 2021 - 06:06 PM.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#617 granmasutensil

• 56 posts

Posted 22 March 2021 - 06:09 AM

AD protocol update:

Plaque cocktail (dose):

●   Taurine (5 g)

●   HEPPS (500 mg)

●   Oleuropein (100 mg)

●   Vitamin C (1 g)

Perhaps regarding stability of the low and slow cocktail using grape juice as the base it would be as simple as switching to glycerin as the base. Just give it a shake before dosing if everything doesn't dissolve in glycerin. Could put it even back into the glycerin container for easy dosing with a measuring utensil since the glycerin bottles usually come with a squeeze spout.

#618 theobromananda

• 63 posts

Posted 30 March 2021 - 11:50 AM

I still have some leftover HEPPS for shipping in Europe if anyone is interested. My mother has successfully used it in conjunction with the rest of the protocol to treat her memory problems.

#619 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 April 2021 - 09:59 AM

I still have some leftover HEPPS for shipping in Europe if anyone is interested. My mother has successfully used it in conjunction with the rest of the protocol to treat her memory problems.

Once AD produces symptoms, don't expect it is gone forever. Whatever β-Amyloid and p-tau remains will catalyze more of it in a prion like fashion, and it will return without occasional treatments.

• Needs references x 1

#620 redbaron4321

• Registrant
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 April 2021 - 09:27 PM

Does anyone know where to get pharma grade methylene blue? Apparently MB kills the active and persister forms of Bartonella. I can't remember the exact number but I believe about 30% of the population has Bartonella....although those with adequate immune defenses may have no symptoms.

It does not look like people have discussed occult infections (and the chronic inflammation they cause) very much here. That could be one of the causes of Alzheimer's. Chlamydia Pneumonia, Tuberculosis, Borrelia etc...have been found in Alzheimer's and Multiple Sclerosis autopsied brains. All of those infections have persister forms which are resistant to antibiotic treatment. So you may kill the active form but the persisters will re-emerge after you stop antibiotics.

Please share a MB source if you have one.

#621 aribadabar

• 860 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 April 2021 - 04:01 PM

Please share a MB source if you have one.

https://www.amazon.c.../dp/B08KBW3BL3/

https://www.amazon.c.../dp/B08HM429PW/

Edited by aribadabar, 12 April 2021 - 04:03 PM.

#622 theobromananda

• 63 posts

Posted 14 April 2021 - 04:35 PM

Once AD produces symptoms, don't expect it is gone forever. Whatever β-Amyloid and p-tau remains will catalyze more of it in a prion like fashion, and it will return without occasional treatments.

I realize that, however, she is unwilling to continue the protocol because of the amount of supplements to swallow.

Can't really force people to their own good.

#623 VivienGFFR

• 9 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 May 2021 - 01:20 PM

Hi everyone,

Have you read about this new drug from chinese company Greenvalley, GV-971 ?

https://www.prnewswi...-844521943.html

• Informative x 1

#624 EliotH

• 40 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 May 2021 - 11:33 PM

I think I am going to try this protocol. Even though I am APOE 3/3 that doesn't mean I am immune, just not as likely to get AD as APOE 4 or 4/4.

My mother, who died recently at age 95, had dementia for the last few years of her life. I don't know if she had AD for sure or just "old age".

I just turned 69 and have noticed some memory decline myself. Things like thinking of someone from a long time ago and remembering their name, then a week later I can't remember their name and then a few days later remembering it again.

I suppose it can't hurt. At worst I shouldn't notice any difference.

#625 EliotH

• 40 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 May 2021 - 02:16 PM

I have been using this protocol for 8 days. Unfortunately I am seeing results. (Unfortunate because it probably means I was starting down the AD path.) I have a lot more mental clarity but my memory is about the same or maybe slightly improved. Fortunately we now have the Turnbuckle AD protocol.

Has vitamin K been mentioned on this thread? Deficiency has been linked to AD and heart disease as well. APOE4 seems to cause vitamin K to be cleared from the blood faster than normal. For one thing that means LDL particles circulate up to twice as long as in non-APOE4  people. It would also mean lower levels of K in the brain.

If you get results using this protocol you might want to consider supplementing with Vit K, probably all forms of it.

https://pubmed.ncbi....h.gov/22419547/

#626 EliotH

• 40 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 May 2021 - 06:33 PM

I can't edit the above post. I also wanted to say that there have been at least two other effects from this protocol. My tinnitus has been greatly reduced since I started. And my nose has been much more clear, so clear that I can sleep on my back without snoring or apnea.

• Informative x 2

#627 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 May 2021 - 06:53 PM

Has vitamin K been mentioned on this thread? Deficiency has been linked to AD and heart disease as well. APOE4 seems to cause vitamin K to be cleared from the blood faster than normal. For one thing that means LDL particles circulate up to twice as long as in non-APOE4  people. It would also mean lower levels of K in the brain.

If you get results using this protocol you might want to consider supplementing with Vit K, probably all forms of it.

https://pubmed.ncbi....h.gov/22419547/

There may be some benefit from using K on a daily basis (and not in the limited basis of this protocol), and those using vitamin K antagonists such as warfarin* might want to switch to something else.

*Other K antagonists -- Coumatetralyl, Phenprocoumon, Acenocoumarol, Dicoumarol, Tioclomarol, and Brodifacoum.

I also wanted to say that there have been at least two other effects from this protocol. My tinnitus has been greatly reduced since I started. And my nose has been much more clear, so clear that I can sleep on my back without snoring or apnea.

That's good. If the snoring/apnea comes back, try 2-3 grams of lysine before bed.

Edited by Turnbuckle, 22 May 2021 - 06:57 PM.

• Needs references x 1

#628 Barfly

• 65 posts

Posted 23 May 2021 - 07:37 PM

Have any possible substitutes for HEPPS appeared in the meantime?

It is the only ingredient I cannot obtain reliably from the list (shipping to EU has been inconsistent in the last year for me and customs are very difficult to deal with lately).

I can can get my hands more easily on exotic stuff like semax, bromantane, galantamine etc, but HEPPS seems to be really difficult to find in EU unfortunately...

#629 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 May 2021 - 11:22 PM

Have any possible substitutes for HEPPS appeared in the meantime?

It is the only ingredient I cannot obtain reliably from the list (shipping to EU has been inconsistent in the last year for me and customs are very difficult to deal with lately).

I can can get my hands more easily on exotic stuff like semax, bromantane, galantamine etc, but HEPPS seems to be really difficult to find in EU unfortunately...

None that I know of. HEPPS is sold by Research Products International (rpicorp), and as their name suggests they ship internationally. You'll have to have a commercial or educational type address to send it to. Granger is another source for those with a commercial address. Probably you could buy it from chem suppliers in the EU the same way. And as China makes it all, you could get it from Alibaba. In the US, The Lab Depot (labdepotinc) ships to non-commercial US addresses, but they don't appear to ship internationally except for Canada.

• Informative x 2
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#630 Advocatus Diaboli

• 562 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 May 2021 - 12:18 AM

For US buyers (perhaps others) interested in RPI HEPPS

Go here, click: "See All  Buying Options" on the right side of page. Add to your cart and then order if you wish to. It's how I got mine. No commercial address needed.

Edited by Advocatus Diaboli, 24 May 2021 - 12:20 AM.

• Informative x 2
  • like x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: aβ plaques, plaques, oleuropein, hepps, tau

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users