aβ plaques plaques oleuropein hepps tau

• Please log in to reply
674 replies to this topic

#571 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 July 2020 - 01:31 AM

Turnbuckle. What do you suppose the headache is from? I'm down to a 500 mg scoop.

Try it without any HEPPS at all. That will narrow it down.

• Needs references x 1

#572 Fafner55

• 300 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 July 2020 - 10:46 AM

I experienced a headache too. Laying off a week then cutting the HEPPS dose in half solved the problem.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#573 marcusflowers

• 22 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 July 2020 - 11:17 AM

Turnbuckle, I started taking just HEPPS before bed. No headache. What's your opinion of just taking HEPPS alone.

#574 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 July 2020 - 12:02 PM

Turnbuckle, I started taking just HEPPS before bed. No headache. What's your opinion of just taking HEPPS alone.

You will be working on just half the problem and not doing anything to detox it.  Beta amyloid floats around in the CSF for hours before it is washed out, and is toxic. It can also deposit elsewhere. 

But if you continue using HEPPS alone, let us know how it works out. Pay particular attention to memory effects.

• Needs references x 1
  • like x 1
  • Agree x 1

#575 p75213

• 73 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 July 2020 - 10:18 PM

Where is everyone buying their HEPPS? I don't see anything on Amazon. Also does anybody have a recommendation for a freight forwarding service from US to Australia?

#576 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 July 2020 - 10:31 PM

Where is everyone buying their HEPPS? I don't see anything on Amazon. Also does anybody have a recommendation for a freight forwarding service from US to Australia?

On the Amazon US site, copy paste the following in the search box: hepps [N- (2-hydroxyethyl) piperazine-n '- (3-propane sulfonic Acid)]

If you have a commercial or educational address, you can order it directly from RPI (Research Products International).

Edited by Turnbuckle, 15 July 2020 - 10:34 PM.

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

#577 p75213

• 73 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 July 2020 - 11:19 PM

Hi Turnbuckle,
I'm getting 'no results' for "hepps [N- (2-hydroxyethyl) piperazine-n '- (3-propane sulfonic Acid)]" on Amazon.com.

#578 p75213

• 73 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 July 2020 - 01:14 AM

I found it using Google. But it's currently unavailable.
https://www.amazon.c...g/dp/B00I31UN7S

#579 bladedmind

• 286 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 July 2020 - 01:15 AM

Works for me.

https://www.amazon.c.../dp/B00I31UN7S/

• Agree x 1

#580 p75213

• 73 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 July 2020 - 01:48 AM

When I click that link this message appears on the web page:-
"Currently unavailable
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock."
Maybe the message appears if it detects an IP address not in the U.S.

#581 aribadabar

• 860 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 July 2020 - 12:37 AM

Maybe the message appears if it detects an IP address not in the U.S.

That's exactly why. With US IPs the availability is working fine.

#582 Gal220

• 1,047 posts

Posted 18 July 2020 - 02:07 AM

BTW - it seems that some of the  pathogenesis of Alzheimer's may be the brain losing the ability to effectively metabolize glucose.  That may explain why simply clearing Aβ plaque doesn't seem to reverse the disease in human test subjects so far.

So, we might consider adding things that increase insulin sensitivity.  Perhaps inositol?  

Nootropic expert guy recommends Berberine(ampk activator) 3 times a day(500mg) with coconut oil(absorbtion) and milk thistle(block DNA damage).  This article has scared me off of it for the time being, he believes it works by inhibiting absorbtion of sugar as well as other nutrients.

Other options - Life extension has an ampk activator that uses hesperidin and gynostemma. Most wellness sites recommend CoQ10 + PQQ for metabolism as it declines with age.  acetyl lcarnitine passes the BBB and transports excess fat into your cells for fuel, usually in most fat burners. Cinuslin PF and other cinnamon extracts increase efficiency of insulin.  I was also using alpha lipoic acid to help with fat burning till I found out it was a mercury chelator, use with caution(Cutler chelation protocol).  Jarrow also has a glucose optimizer for ideas on what they think is best

Exercise, interval workouts(15 minutes) improves metabolism more than long walks.  Normally I take the carnitine/ampk prior to working out.

Some probiotics can signal your cells to burn energy by releasing short chain fatty acids , l.gasseri has the most evidence .  Manufacturers  who specialize in probiotics like Renewed Life have weight loss blends that include it.

Diet restrictions like bread/pasta(gluten) and sugar, I have a weakness for coca-cola =( 

@Turnbuckle I have Percepta on order as well, will see if it helps.

#583 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 July 2020 - 08:24 AM

@Turnbuckle I have Percepta on order as well, will see if it helps.

I've tried Percepta with the protocol, but I can't tell if it adds anything. Certainly not compared to memantine.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#584 OlderThanThou2

• Registrant
  • 120 posts

Posted 18 July 2020 - 10:42 AM

Would it be possible to get a synergistic effect of some of the compounds discussed with slow wave brain activity during the sleep. During the slow wave phase of the sleep the brain washes out neural  detritus, how could that effect be increased? Perhaps taking melatonin to improve sleep quality and decrease oxidative stress, and take a compound that increases brain blood flow plus a compound that breaks down the amyloid plaques. The compounds would have to be taken at bedtime and in the middle of the night when the person wakes up to go to the toilet.

• Agree x 1

#585 bladedmind

• 286 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 July 2020 - 04:01 AM

Nootropic expert guy recommends Berberine(ampk activator) 3 times a day(500mg) with coconut oil(absorbtion) and milk thistle(block DNA damage).  This article has scared me off of it for the time being, he believes it works by inhibiting absorbtion of sugar as well as other nutrients.

Dangerous interaction between berberine and azithromycin, clarithromycin.  More generally, Berberine inhibits cytochromes CYP2D6, CYP2C9, and CYP3A4. 

https://liftmode.com...e-side-effects/

I point out the hazard because some in the audience use azithromycin as a senolytic. 

Tried berberine twice, each time on MD suggestion.  Intolerable but not severe GI upset - pain, nausea, diarrhea.  Sticking to Metformin,  

Edited by bladedmind, 20 July 2020 - 04:28 AM.

• Agree x 1

#586 APBT

• 906 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 08:18 PM

Would it be possible to get a synergistic effect of some of the compounds discussed with slow wave brain activity during the sleep. During the slow wave phase of the sleep the brain washes out neural  detritus, how could that effect be increased? Perhaps taking melatonin to improve sleep quality and decrease oxidative stress, and take a compound that increases brain blood flow plus a compound that breaks down the amyloid plaques. The compounds would have to be taken at bedtime and in the middle of the night when the person wakes up to go to the toilet.

I was curious as well.  Specifically regarding, " During the slow wave phase of the sleep the brain washes out neural  detritus, how could that effect be increased?"

• Agree x 1

#587 Rays

• 72 posts

Posted 26 July 2020 - 09:33 AM

I was curious as well.  Specifically regarding, " During the slow wave phase of the sleep the brain washes out neural  detritus, how could that effect be increased?"

1. Get more deep sleep (obviously).
  2. Sleep on your left side. I don't have a reference at hand, but this was mentioned in a presentation by a researcher (woman). She is one of the people that discovered the glymphatic system. I saw the presentation on YouTube.

• like x 1

#588 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 July 2020 - 10:48 AM

CSF turnover in young adults is said to occur 4-5 times per 24 hours. Due to pulsatile mixing, that has to be taken as a half-life. The research that showed CSF flow to be correlated to slow brain waves did not mention if the overall flow was increased. This, I expect, would be more dependent on the CSF production rate by ependymal cells, more than anything. Discharge must equal supply. So to increase the flow rate, the production of CSF must be increased. Some common substances can do this, such as caffeine. In rats, acute treatment with caffeine decreased the flow, while chronic treatment increased it in some rats, along with enlarging ventricle size--

The results of this study show that long-term consumption of caffeine can induce ventriculomegaly, which is mediated in part by increased production of CSF. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC2744679/

Too much CSF production can also produce intracranial hypertension. So it's better, I think, to detox Aβ rather than trying to wash it out faster.

• Needs references x 1

#589 APBT

• 906 posts

Posted 03 August 2020 - 08:53 PM

AD protocol update:

----------

Plaque cocktail, part A (dose):

·    Taurine (5-10 g)

·    HEPPS (.5-1 g)

·    Nicotinamide (500 mg)

·    Carnosine (3 g)

·    Memantine (10-100 mg)

Plaque cocktail, part B (dose):

·    Sulforaphane glucosinolate (50 mg)

·    Oleuropein (300 mg)

·    Hydroxytyrosol (25 mg)

·    Vitamin C (1 g)

·    Glutathione, liposomal or phytosomal (.5-1g)

Cocktail A can be dosed in fruit juice and Cocktail B in tablets and capsules. They are taken together, constituting one treatment.

How did you arrive at the dose range of 10 -100 mg for Memantine?

#590 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 August 2020 - 09:52 PM

How did you arrive at the dose range of 10 -100 mg for Memantine?

From a low dose that is commonly used, to what I can easily tolerate with no side effects. I tend to use the high side. After all, this is not a daily dose that would otherwise reach higher levels due to its long half life.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#591 Female Scientist

• 58 posts

Posted 05 August 2020 - 08:50 PM

From a low dose that is commonly used, to what I can easily tolerate with no side effects. I tend to use the high side. After all, this is not a daily dose that would otherwise reach higher levels due to its long half life.

Reporting in to @turnbuckle about the use of memantine. (I was prescribed it as a migraine preventative; it doesn’t work for me, but I continue to take it for possible positive effects on cognition). About dosing: like many women, I tend to require less of a dose than usually recommended. This seems to be the same for memantine. I’m dosing only 5 mg every other day. Any higher, and I end up with a “loopy” and somewhat dizzy feeling after a couple of weeks. (FYI I’m a female age 52, average weight and BMI). Mahalo for your contributions, Turnbuckle.
  • Informative x 2

#592 OlderThanThou2

• Registrant
  • 120 posts

Posted 15 August 2020 - 11:14 AM

Olive-oil-derived oleocanthal enhances β-amyloid clearance as a potential neuroprotective mechanism against Alzheimer's disease: in vitro and in vivo studies

https://pubmed.ncbi....h.gov/23414128/

Oleocanthal, a phenolic component of extra-virgin olive oil, has been recently linked to reduced risk of Alzheimer's disease (AD), a neurodegenerative disease that is characterized by accumulation of β-amyloid (Aβ) and tau proteins in the brain. However, the mechanism by which oleocanthal exerts its neuroprotective effect is still incompletely understood. Here, we provide in vitro and in vivo evidence for the potential of oleocanthal to enhance Aβ clearance from the brain via up-regulation of P-glycoprotein (P-gp) and LDL lipoprotein receptor related protein-1 (LRP1), major Aβ transport proteins, at the blood-brain barrier (BBB). Results from in vitro and in vivo studies demonstrated similar and consistent pattern of oleocanthal in controlling Aβ levels. In cultured mice brain endothelial cells, oleocanthal treatment increased P-gp and LRP1 expression and activity. Brain efflux index (BEI%) studies of (125)I-Aβ40 showed that administration of oleocanthal extracted from extra-virgin olive oil to C57BL/6 wild-type mice enhanced (125)I-Aβ40 clearance from the brain and increased the BEI% from 62.0 ± 3.0% for control mice to 79.9 ± 1.6% for oleocanthal treated mice. Increased P-gp and LRP1 expression in the brain microvessels and inhibition studies confirmed the role of up-regulation of these proteins in enhancing (125)I-Aβ40 clearance after oleocanthal treatment. Furthermore, our results demonstrated significant increase in (125)I-Aβ40 degradation as a result of the up-regulation of Aβ degrading enzymes following oleocanthal treatment. In conclusion, these findings provide experimental support that potential reduced risk of AD associated with extra-virgin olive oil could be mediated by enhancement of Aβ clearance from the brain.

Someone has to come up with a supplement.

• Informative x 1

#593 OlderThanThou2

• Registrant
  • 120 posts

Posted 15 August 2020 - 01:54 PM

Just read osteocanthal supplements are in development:

https://www.oliveoil...revention/57220

https://cordis.europ...ct/id/854524/fr

#594 marcusflowers

• 22 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 September 2020 - 10:02 AM

Adding Fenugreek  to my protocol has improved my lymphatic and my glymphatic flow within my brain. My headaches are gone even when i take 1000 mg of HEPPS. My vision has cleared up and no more brain fog. So I do the protocol before bed. First thing in the morning I take my Lion's main 20X with 100 mg niacin and 100 mg vinpocetine. My memory and vision is improving. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC4636982/

• Informative x 2

#595 marcusflowers

• 22 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 September 2020 - 08:58 PM

The cleansing action of fenugreek makes it a valuable plant as it helps purify blood, cleaning lymphatic system, and detoxify the body.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC4739449/

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC7079249/

• WellResearched x 1

#596 Timothy

• 66 posts

Posted 30 September 2020 - 10:15 AM

Hi Team,

It is discussed in a few comments around the potential issues with HSV and how an anti viral may be beneficial to be added but no-one seems to recommend a possible antiviral additions. I am on my third day 3 of the prior protocol (without HEPPS without Memantine) and have the obvious worries around awakening HSV.

I have had success with BHT & Lysine but do you have any recommendations on alternatives which might be better in conjunction with this protocol?  Valitrex, etc?  I am sure HSV suppression is worth a whole topic by itself so I am not trying to detract from the original purpose of the protocol.

Thanks

Edited by Timothy, 30 September 2020 - 10:28 AM.

#597 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 September 2020 - 10:35 AM

I am on my third day 3 of the prior protocol (without HEPPS without Memantine) and have the obvious worries around awakening HSV.

There is no protocol without HEPPS.

• Unfriendly x 1

#598 Timothy

• 66 posts

Posted 30 September 2020 - 04:53 PM

There is no protocol without HEPPS.

Correct.  I don't have access to HEPPS at the moment.  I have ordered off amazon but will have to see if it will get through customs. 

#599 Gal220

• 1,047 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 05:01 PM

Maybe add deep sleep to the protocol, possibly pink noise and an eye mask. - one article

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#600 Turnbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • 4,499 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 January 2021 - 04:16 PM

AD protocol update: See post #566 for the previous protocol.

Reason for update: I’ve found that memantine can cause knee pain, and high doses of HEPPS can cause headaches or fogginess. The following cocktail appears easier on the brain and the knees. It involves one small dose of grape juice a day, with a larger quantity prepared in advance.

Plaque cocktail:

·    Two quarts grape juice (I use Welch’s Concord brand)

·    HEPPS (2 g)

·    Vitamin C (2 g)

·    Nicotinamide (2 g)

·    Taurine (2 tablespoons)

·    Methylene blue (80 drops of 2.3% solution, or 184 drops of 1%)

Preparation: Reduction of Methylene blue (MB) will lessen staining potential and improve taste. To do this, add the MB to the Vitamin C in a small beaker. Top off with water to 40 ml. This will turn almost clear in 10-20 minutes. Add this to the container of grape juice, along with the HEPPS, taurine, and nicotinamide. Taste is barely changed.

Dose: 40 ml/day

Notes: AD plaques have two components: amyloid-beta and hyperphosphated tau. HEPPS dissolves the first while MB dissolves the second. MB also acts as an antioxidant, and nicotinamide reduces tau hyperphosphorylation.

While the possibility of staining by MB still exists, it is much less when reduced. Urine may occasionally appear faintly green or blue, depending on the dose. If dosing someone else, be sure to tell them this.

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: aβ plaques, plaques, oleuropein, hepps, tau

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users