• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Topical rapamycin to prevent photo-aging (by Blagosklonny)

blagosklonny rapamycin photo-aging aging topical rapamycin

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 BRIGHT

• 13 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 11:05 PM

Quote from new 2017 PMC article by Blagosklonny: "by reducing cellular senescence, rapamycin may be considered to prevent photo aging. Rapalogs (rapamycin and everolimus) can be used not only systemically but also topically. Rapalog-based creams are expected not to interfere with sun tanning and vitamin D3 synthesis."

Let's discuss  :)

REFERENCE: https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC5752566/

• like x 2
  • Informative x 1

#2 QuestforLife

• NO

Posted 14 February 2018 - 10:43 AM

Looks to be easy to make - just crush up the rapamycin and mix it into Vaseline. This has been done successfully for people suffering from angiofibromas using a 0.1% crushed tablet formulation.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 04:34 PM

Darn, if only there was, now a cheap way of getting it

#4 sub7

• 304 posts

Posted 30 June 2018 - 01:48 PM

No further discussion on that???

I am up for trying. 

1- Can we use the liquid Rapamycin for this purpose? What would I ideally mix it with so its not too runny?

2- How often would one use it? Every day?

#5 Nate-2004

• 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 July 2018 - 06:14 PM

I'd love to hear back as well, if anyone tried this or not. I don't have the budget for everolimus but it'd be interesting to experiment with this. I wonder how much it would differ from fasting.

#6 QuestforLife

• NO

Posted 18 July 2018 - 07:59 AM

Looks to be easy to make - just crush up the rapamycin and mix it into Vaseline. This has been done successfully for people suffering from angiofibromas using a 0.1% crushed tablet formulation.

I crushed up a couple of milligrams of rapamycin and put it in a small pot of vaseline. It caused a tingling sensation but unfortunately there was no penetration of the skin using vaseline, it just sat on top.

So you can see why this would work for angiofibromas, which occur on the surface (see https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/24359523 ) but to affect the fibroblasts we need a cream that can penetrate deeper.

#7 Ovidus

• 131 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 01:13 PM

Any idea if he liquid version would penetrate deep enough is simply applied on the scalp?

Talking about this:

https://www.gosh.nhs...l-oral-solution

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: blagosklonny rapamycin, photo-aging, aging, topical rapamycin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users