* * * * * 41 votes

GPC (choline), Uridine, DHA

choline uridine dha omega-3 epa ump tau b vitamins

• Please log in to reply
2844 replies to this topic

#2581 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:26 AM

I'm quoting myself from another thread I just starting, realizing that it instead belongs in this thread:

I get really positive effects from uridine (both TAU and UMP), but get quickly tolerant at least to the subjective effects. The first day is great, and second day pretty nice, but the third day and after I don't really notice a difference. Despite, the tolerance, I tried taking it for several weeks to see what would happen, but still nothing significant occurs and I end up feeling that this supplement is only good for me to take once-in-awhile as a treat, counter to the regime approach that it's usually used as. Does anybody else get tolerance to uridine? Is there a way to counteract this tolerance?

same here, I do not really think there is a way to counteract the tolerance that Uridine gives you. It releases a good amount of dopamine at first and you get a good feeling, but there is a ceiling of how much dopamine is getting released and every day you get a lower and lower amount towards homeostasis. Even if you over time you are above baseline you do not pay attention to it, as the sudden unusual increase in dopamine release is what gives the subjective feeling that something is going good right now. Do you get any side effects with continual use or larger doses?

#2582 Frigo

• 24 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:24 PM

Do you guys know how does Uridine interact with Cortisol and the entire HPA axis?

Edited by Frigo, 13 July 2014 - 10:25 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#2583 dudmuck

• 43 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:20 PM

Do you guys know how does Uridine interact with Cortisol and the entire HPA axis?

That subject is covered on page 54 of this thread.

• Disagree x 1

#2584 Blink

• 48 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 09:20 AM

Has anyone combined Uridine and Ashwagandha? For the most part I really like UMP, but it seem to worsen my sleep. So for the last two evenings I've taken Ashwagandha and slept really well and deep.

But I think there might be some synergy going on, because the whole next day I felt like I was on something. The closest thing I can compare it to is a small dose of Tramadol. Awake and clear headed, but emotionally numb.

#2585 AlmostEasy

• 112 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:35 AM

Has anyone combined Uridine and Ashwagandha? For the most part I really like UMP, but it seem to worsen my sleep. So for the last two evenings I've taken Ashwagandha and slept really well and deep.

But I think there might be some synergy going on, because the whole next day I felt like I was on something. The closest thing I can compare it to is a small dose of Tramadol. Awake and clear headed, but emotionally numb.

I've been taking Ashwagandha every day for several months so it's impossible for me to know for sure but from just taking DHA and UMP I definitely feel strong effects.  I don't know what it'd be like without the Ash though.

Which brings me to my next question (for all viewers), is it necessary/what exactly does it do to add choline to this stack?  From what I understand it's pretty vital to this equation but I'm getting a fairly significant response from just UMP itself (150mg sublingual). 

What would adding choline to this do for me?  I've read the first page and several more pages but haven't seen it explained as to what the choline actually does and why you add it in.

Thanks!  (apologies if this is obvious somewhere, I'm here to fix that very spaciness :D )

#2586 Blink

• 48 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 05:40 PM

I've been taking Ashwagandha every day for several months so it's impossible for me to know for sure but from just taking DHA and UMP I definitely feel strong effects.  I don't know what it'd be like without the Ash though.

Which brings me to my next question (for all viewers), is it necessary/what exactly does it do to add choline to this stack?  From what I understand it's pretty vital to this equation but I'm getting a fairly significant response from just UMP itself (150mg sublingual). 

What would adding choline to this do for me?  I've read the first page and several more pages but haven't seen it explained as to what the choline actually does and why you add it in.

Thanks!  (apologies if this is obvious somewhere, I'm here to fix that very spaciness :D )

I've kept taking Ash every evening, and now the effect seem to have evened out. There's only a weak mellow feeling in the morning, and other than that I feel completely normal again. Tolerance probably.

And like you, I haven't been taking any choline. However I just received some CDP-Choline that I will add to my daily stack. It'll be interesting to see if there's any noticeable changes.

Apparently Ashwagandha is an acetylcholinesterase inhibitor, i.e. it prevents the breakdown of acetylcholine. So I think it's best to just take a small dose of CDP to begin with, and see how that goes.

#2587 FocusPocus

• 225 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 02:13 AM

Are there any stimulants that Uridine can be combined with?

Anyone tried low dose Ritalin or Pramiracetam?

I just horribly lost the battle with trying to combine Caffeine with the stack, and was searching for something else to give that extra focus.

Any suggestions, guys?

Edited by FocusPocus, 28 July 2014 - 02:25 AM.

#2588 ModusOperandi

• 37 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:00 PM

For those of us in UK/Europe still looking for more options when ordering Uridine, Intellimeds.co.uk are now selling 20g UMP for £19.99. They have a next day delivery option too, although it isn't cheap.

Should be noted that I haven't ordered this myself, and I have never sampled any product from Intellimeds before.

I ordered from them. Tnx for the guidance. Happy customer here.

#2589 Dayfob

• 8 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 07:51 AM

Everytime I take Uridine UMP, or Methyl-B12 I get extreme brainfog and dizzines. I got it from both supplements, though when I take only uridine I can see some positives through negatives. I can't figure out am I undermethylator(histadelia)/overmethylator(histapenia) then? Will uridine will always be out of my regimen range, or could I take it, but only after a special treatment? Please help me, I'm struggling with this questions couple of weeks.

#2590 abcmanomandriepunt1

• 133 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 August 2014 - 08:57 AM

It's difficult to tell. Those supplements affect more things than methylation.

Also methylation can affect many people in different ways. Some people get really bad excitotxicity after methylation supplements, there's no way telling what exactly causes it. Some people get really bad anixety. 

It could be overmethylation, it could be a detox reaction, it could be something different.

But if I were you, and i speak out of own experience, I won't fully believe that everything is related to under or over methylation and histamine levels. Cause if you follow those orthomoluculair docters, then for example people with mania are overmethylators and everything could be fixed with niacin, which is totally ridiculous.  Believe me : Things are way more complicated.

That doesn't mean you shouldn't try uridine or b12, but it means that if you have a bad reaction, you should not take it.

I wouldn't take anything that causes brain fog and dizziness, there are more supplements out there.  If you react bad to methylation supps then try looking at other things like lions mane, sarcosine, racetams.

#2591 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 01:11 PM

I wouldn't take anything that causes brain fog and dizziness, there are more supplements out there.  If you react bad to methylation supps then try looking at other things like lions mane, sarcosine, racetams.

What do you recommend sarcosine for? 

#2592 abcmanomandriepunt1

• 133 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 August 2014 - 08:41 AM

I consider sarcosine as a potent nootropic. However, my opinion might be clouded and biased since there's a possibility is suffered from the negatives of schizophrenia. Ever since sarcosine i notice my ability to learn and comprehend things has improved a lot. I think many 'healthy' people might also benefit from NMDA enhancement in order to improve the ability to learn.

But if I had to recommed one nootropic it would be lions mane.  

#2593 chris106

• 292 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 12:46 PM

But if I had to recommed one nootropic it would be lions mane.

Could you elaborate on which form of extract you use, and where you get it from?

I'm still on the fense about Lion's mane, since there seem to be so much conflicting opinions about which form of it is actually active and which extracting method is the correct one.

#2594 abcmanomandriepunt1

• 133 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:04 PM

I didn't notice anything from lions mane extract in pill form, and lions mane eye drups, both from iherb. I thought 'maybe it's a long therm thing.'  so, appealed to the idea of growing back some brain cells, I ordered bulk from mushroomharvest. I noticed a direct, unexpected, effect, which is long lasting and I'm not sure, but i've got the idea it gets even better with time.  It's the activated mycelium. I believe it's strongly dopaminergic. 

#2595 Frigo

• 24 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:51 PM

I found that Uridine Monophosphate alleviates Piracetam headaches, as well as the occasional exercise induced headaches. Any idea about a possible mechanism? Alleviation of a possible Phosphatidylcholine depletion?

#2596 Bateau

• 165 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 August 2014 - 05:00 PM

I'm wondering why may people are suggesting specialized fish oil with increased DHA and lower EPA? I understand that DHA is the much more studied of the two fatty acid r.e. effects on brain and synergism with choline and uridine, however aren't EPA's effects considered to be more or less comparable? Plus EPA confers benefits that DHA doesn't, so why the need for an expensive specialized version?

For example, from one of the studies on the first page:

Oral administration of circulating precursors for membrane phosphatides can promote the synthesis of new brain synapses

We find that DHA also affects synaptic transmission in mammalian brain. Brain cells of gerbils or rats receiving this fatty acid manifest increased levels of phosphatides and of specific presynaptic or postsynaptic proteins. They also exhibit increased numbers of dendritic spines on postsynaptic neurons. These actions are markedly enhanced in animals that have also received the other two circulating precursors for phosphatidylcholine, uridine (which gives rise to brain uridine diphosphate and cytidine triphosphate) and choline (which gives rise to phosphocholine). The actions of DHA are reproduced by eicosapentaenoic acid, another omega-3 compound, but not by omega-6 fatty acid arachidonic acid

EPA can be acylated to DAG by the Acyl-CoA synthetase [129] or it can be converted to DHA by brain astrocytes [130], allowing its effects on brain phosphatides and synaptic proteins, described below, to be mediated by DHA itself... EPA is found only in trace amounts in brain phosphatides... however exogenously administered EPA is known to increase brain EPA levels in vivo [142])

Giving DHA without uridine increased PC, PI, PE and PS levels significantly, by 18%, 20%, 22%, and 28% respectively (Table 2), throughout the brain (e.g. in cortex, striatum, hippocampus, brain stem and cerebellum) (Table 3). Giving EPA also increased brain PE, PS, and PI levels significantly, by 21%, 24% and 27%, respectively (Table 2). In contrast, AA administration failed to affect brain levels of any of the phosphatides (Table 2) [8].

Consuming the UMP-supplemented diet alone increased brain PS and PC levels significantly (by 15% and 16%, respectively) (Table 2) compared with those in control gerbils. Among gerbils receiving both UMP and DHA, brain PC, PE, PS, and PI levels rose significantly by 12%, 26%, 34%, and 38%, respectively (Table 2). Similarly, among gerbils receiving both UMP and EPA, brain PC, PE, PS, and PI levels rose significantly by 13%, 30%, 41% and 56%, respectively (Table 2). In contrast, giving UMP with AA failed to increase levels of any brain phosphatide above those found in gerbils receiving UMP alone (Table 2). Total brain phospholipid levels were also elevated significantly, by 16% and 23%, following treatment with UMP plus DHA, or with UMP plus EPA, respectively (Table 2), but not by treatment with UMP plus AA

Giving the gerbils, as above, DHA or EPA alone significantly increased brain levels of the postsynaptic density protein PSD-95, by 24% or 28% (Figure 3a1). When this treatment was combined with dietary UMP the observed increases in PSD-95 were 29% or 33% greater than those found after UMP-supplementation alone (Figure 3a). AA failed to affect brain PSD-95 levels, either when given alone or in combination with the UMP-supplemented diet (Figure 3a). Similar to PSD-95, levels of Synapsin-1, a presynaptic vesicular protein, were significantly increased, by 31% or 27% respectively, by DHA or EPA treatment alone (Figure 3b1) or by 33% or 36% when the PUFA was combined with UMP (Figure 3b2). Again, AA failed to affect brain Synapsin-1 levels when given alone or concurrent with a UMP-supplemented diet (Figure 3b).

Also similarly to PSD-95 and Synapsin-1, brain levels of Syntaxin-3, a plasma membrane SNARE (soluble N-thylmaleimidesensitive-factor attachment protein receptor) protein which reportedly mediates the stimulation by PUFAs of neurite outgrowth [7] and exocytosis [147] in cultured cells, were significantly increased in animals receiving DHA or EPA by 29% or 19%, respectively (Figure 3c1),

Edited by Bateau, 12 August 2014 - 05:07 PM.

• Informative x 1

#2597 Purgatory

• 14 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 August 2014 - 07:56 PM

Hey,

I have a concern about uridine. This isn't definite yet because I have a lot of confounding factors. But better to bring it up earlier than too late.

I started uridine UMP 250 sublingual with all cofactors and then some (fish - 3g omega-3, various cholines, sulfur, tyrosine, sunlight, all B vitamins incl. methylfolate, and all other vitamins and minerals, sometimes NAC), I had an excellent response. Felt like it was fixing my dopamine or something, quite amazing increase in well-being and focus. Effects lasted strongly 90 minutes if held under tongue long enough. My regimen was all food and supplements in the morning except uridine, then 30-60 minutes of sunlight, then uridine sublingually.

I started getting arthritic pain in fingers around this time, quite strongly, first time in my life. Around the 3rd day I think. It's confounded with other factors so I can't blame the uridine just yet, but I've stopped it for now. The pain continues. Fingers hurt as I type this.

Looking at possibility of Rheumatoid Arthritis and treatments out of curiosity I found something about Leflunomide. I can't post the link, but on the wiki page it describes its mode of action as inhiting dihydroorotate dehydrogenase, which produces uridine monophosphate in the body.

There are trials that associate this drug with decreases in RA symptoms and improvement. There is a book where they say supplementation of uridine effectively negated the effects of Leflunomide, which leaves little room for doubt as to its mechanism. Edit: I might have over-stated this, I can't find it anymore, but it was along the lines of this.

So on the flip side, is it possible that supplementing UMP, which is exactly what this drug inhibits, might worsen RA or auto-immune conditions?

Sorry if this is already posted somewhere, but thread really long

Edited by Purgatory, 12 August 2014 - 08:40 PM.

#2598 Purgatory

• 14 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:04 PM

Edit: Wording above, "which produces", is not technically correct, but it's the idea

#2599 Purgatory

• 14 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 August 2014 - 12:12 AM

Once again I can't post the link but here is the explanation that best sums it up:

Differential effects of leflunomide and methotrexate on cytokine production in rheumatoid arthritis
M C Kraan, T J M Smeets, M J van Loon, F C Breedveld, B A C Dijkmans, P P Tak

The main target of leflunomide seems to be pyrimidine biosynthesis, because leflunomide shows high affinity binding to DHODH, and, even at low concentrations, inhibits the enzyme. DHODH is essential for the de novo synthesis of uridine monophosphate (UMP), a precursor of pyrimidine nucleotides. Resting lymphocytes have low levels of DHODH and mainly use a salvage pathway for UMP to sustain survival. Activation of lymphocytes gives a seven- to eightfold increased demand for UMP, which makes these cells susceptible to DHODH inhibition by leflunomide in the absence of a salvage pathway. DHODH inhibition decreases UMP levels, decreases DNA and RNA synthesis and, consequently, inhibits cell proliferation and G1 phase cell cycle arrest. Other cells are less affected by DHODH because of the use of a salvage pathway. Another argument supporting the proposed inhibitory effects of leflunomide on T cells by DHODH inhibition is the reversal of the observed effects by exogenous uridine in vitro.

And so preventing activation of lymphocytes helps with RA.

So would it be a bad idea to take uridine if you have an auto-immune condition? Obviously it is if you take these drugs if it negates their effects, but is the use of uridine by lymphocytes only consequential to their activation or can it encourage their activation further?

The abstract from that one:

Background:
T cells have a pivotal role in RA. Leflunomide inhibits pyrimidine biosynthesis, to which T cells are especially susceptible, and therefore may have a different cytokine profile than methotrexate.
Materials and methods:
Serum samples of 100 patients with RA, treated with leflunomide (n=50) or methotrexate (n=50), were collected at baseline, after 16 weeks and after 1 year’s treatment. Serum levels of interleukin 6 (IL6), and interferon (IFN) were determined by ELISA. Additionally, peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMC) of five healthy volunteers and three patients with RA were isolated and the effects of the active metabolite of leflunomide (A77-1726, 0–200 mmol/l) on cell proliferation and on IL6 and IFN production were determined by ELISA. In peripheral blood lymphocytes (PBL) and monocytes (PBM) from two healthy volunteers the effects of A77-1726 on IL6 production were measured by ELISA and PCR.
Results:
Mean (SEM) serum levels of IFN were significantly reduced after leflunomide treatment (baseline 43 (10) pg/ml; 1 year 29 (7) (p=0.015), but there was no change in IL6 levels (baseline 158 (41), 1 year 151 (48)). Both IFN and IL6 levels were significantly reduced after methotrexate treatment. This observation was supported by in vitro experiments. The production of IFN by PBL was inhibited by A77-1726, but IL6 production by PBM was not inhibited.
Conclusion:
The differential effect on IFN and IL6 production supports the hypothesis that activated T cells are preferentially inhibited by leflunomide. An explanation may be either inhibition of uridine synthesis or effects on signal transduction pathways.

#2600 nootrop1097

• 82 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 04:16 AM

do you have to take folic acid with this stack because research says folic acid is the synthetic form of folate. folic acid long term supplementation can cause many types of cancers, but folate does not. im also very unsure about this stack since it hasnt been around for long. my intuition is saying if folic acid causes cancer they one day will find something bad about this stack. there has not been enough research on the side effects on it. The only reasearch is the nootropic effects.

Edited by nootrop1097, 14 August 2014 - 04:22 AM.

#2601 Nootropic Milk Hotel

• 91 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 August 2014 - 12:26 PM

I started getting arthritic pain in fingers around this time, quite strongly, first time in my life. Around the 3rd day I think. It's confounded with other factors so I can't blame the uridine just yet, but I've stopped it for now. The pain continues. Fingers hurt as I type this.

This spooks me, as I have been using uridine (with fish oil, alpha GPC and cofactors) for 3-4 weeks now, and for nearly that long I have also experienced what I assume to be arthritic symptoms in my right index finger. They are mild, but uncomfortable and worrying. I really hope I don't have to abandon uridine; it has otherwise been quite kind to me so far. My mood and focus have been fairly good lately. Two weeks ago I went to Maine for a big family reunion, which normally would have been a very stressful occasion for me, but I had no trouble talking to relatives for hours on end and joining them for events I used to just pass on. On the last night of the trip, I sat in a big loud restaurant and thought, "this should totally be making me anxious, but it's not at all." Several relatives told me I seemed like I had matured a lot socially since they had last seen me.

I take 20 mg Dexedrine daily, and I haven't noticed any difference in its effects since starting uridine. I may be a bit more sensitive to it, but not enough that I even feel the need to adjust my dosage. I drink 1-3 cups of tea (never coffee) most days as well, and there doesn't seem to be any negative effect from the modest amounts of caffeine in it.

I also have Asperger's, and due to some conflicting and negative reports concerning ASD/autism and uridine, I was hesitant to try it. Since there's an immunodysfunctional aspect to the disorder, I hope I'm not damaging myself.

#2602 Purgatory

• 14 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 August 2014 - 07:06 PM

This spooks me, as I have been using uridine (with fish oil, alpha GPC and cofactors) for 3-4 weeks now, and for nearly that long I have also experienced what I assume to be arthritic symptoms in my right index finger. They are mild, but uncomfortable and worrying. I really hope I don't have to abandon uridine; it has otherwise been quite kind to me so far. My mood and focus have been fairly good lately. Two weeks ago I went to Maine for a big family reunion, which normally would have been a very stressful occasion for me, but I had no trouble talking to relatives for hours on end and joining them for events I used to just pass on. On the last night of the trip, I sat in a big loud restaurant and thought, "this should totally be making me anxious, but it's not at all." Several relatives told me I seemed like I had matured a lot socially since they had last seen me.

I take 20 mg Dexedrine daily, and I haven't noticed any difference in its effects since starting uridine. I may be a bit more sensitive to it, but not enough that I even feel the need to adjust my dosage. I drink 1-3 cups of tea (never coffee) most days as well, and there doesn't seem to be any negative effect from the modest amounts of caffeine in it.

I also have Asperger's, and due to some conflicting and negative reports concerning ASD/autism and uridine, I was hesitant to try it. Since there's an immunodysfunctional aspect to the disorder, I hope I'm not damaging myself.

Thanks for chiming in. It is a bit worrying. I didn't think I had auto-immunity before but that might have been denial because there are signs of it. Maybe it triggered it!!! I'm waiting on a citrulline test to see if it's clearly RA or not first. Don't know how reliable that is. I wasn't taking any drugs other than that.

----

Apparently uridine is involved in collagen and hyaluran (synovial fluid) production directly in at least two other ways:

Extracellular ATP and UTP stimulate cartilage proteoglycan and collagen accumulation in bovine articular chondrocyte pellet cultures.

Bovine articular chondrocytes were maintained in high density pellet cultures with and without serum and nucleotide triphosphates for different periods of time. Despite half-lives in culture of about 3 h, adenosine triphosphate and uridine triphosphate in the presence of serum increased sulphated glycosaminoglycan and collagen deposition above control levels. In the presence of serum a single dose of uridine triphosphate on the first day of culture was sufficient to induce significant increases in subsequent proteoglycan and collagen deposition. We conclude that both adenine triphosphate and uridine triphosphate are anabolic for articular chondrocytes, and that this effect on the chondrocyte is long-term.

That one seems like it might be a positive thing if your joints were already bad, but the word long-term is worrying.

Regulation of UDP-glucose dehydrogenase is sufficient to modulate hyaluronan production and release, control sulfated GAG synthesis, and promote chondrogenesis.

Glycosaminoglycans (GAGs) are critical for extracellular matrix (ECM) integrity in cartilage but mechanisms regulating their synthesis are not defined. UDP-glucose dehydrogenase (UGDH) catalyses UDP-glucose oxidation to UDP-glucuronic acid, an essential monosaccharide in many GAGs. Our previous studies in articular surface (AS) cells from embryonic joints have established pivotal roles for mitogen-activated protein kinases (MAPK) in synthesis of the unsulfated GAG, hyaluronan (HA). We investigated the functional significance of UGDH in GAG production and chondrogenesis, and determined roles for MEK-ERK and p38MAPK pathways in regulating UGDH expression and function. Inhibitors of MEK and p38MAPK reduced UGDH protein in AS cells. Treatment with TGF-β (archetypal growth factor) increased UGDH expression, sulfated (s)-GAG/HA release and pericellular matrix formation in a p38MAPK-dependent manner. Retroviral overexpression of UGDH augmented HA/sGAG release and pericellular matrix elaboration, which were blocked by inhibiting MEK but not p38MAPK. UGDH overexpression increased cartilage nodule size in bone marrow culture, promoted chondrogenesis in limb bud micromass culture and selectively suppressed medium HA levels and modified GAG sulfation, as assessed by FACE analysis. Our data provide evidence that: (i) TGF-β regulates UGDH expression via p38MAPK to modulate sGAG/HA secretion, (ii) MEK-ERK, but not p38MAPK facilitates UGDH-induced HA and sGAG release, and (iii) increased UGDH expression promotes chondrogenesis directly and differential modifies GAG levels and sulfation. These results indicate a more diverse role for UGDH in the support of selective GAG production than previously described. Factors regulating UGDH may provide novel candidates for restoring ECM integrity in degenerative cartilage diseases, such as osteoarthritis.Arthritis Research Campaign.

Uridine is essential in enzymes for Hyaluronan synthesis. Might it upregulate or disturb its metabolism?

In both these studies it seems like uridine would help with joint and cartilage problems at first. Except I can only imagine the consequences of trying to regenerate hyaluronan and collagen way too fast. There are lots of cofactors and it's insanely complex...

It's still the auto-immunity that worries me.

#2603 nootrop1097

• 82 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:42 AM

i think if this stack is bad for autoimmune disorders, its just a bad stack that will eventually have many side effects. i mean think about it if it bad for some one with auto immune disorders its going to be bad for a normal person they just havent reaseasrched the side effects of it enough. as i said they have only researched the nootropic effects. but i could be wrong it just seems highly likely that its going to have many side effects.

like if its true that fish oil causes prostate cancer any bet this stack would synergistically signficantly enhance the prostate cancer effects. just like its synergistically enhances the nootropic effects of fish oil.

Yep if bad for autoimmune disorders. i wonder what else there going to find about this stack in the future. my intuition is saying this stack is a concearn. but as i said before i could be wrong.

You guys do know you are not taking nutrients by the way, you are all taking drugs. Like my doctor once said vitamins in excesss doses are considered drugs with more side effects than drugs used in medicine.

Edited by nootrop1097, 15 August 2014 - 01:58 AM.

• Ill informed x 2

#2604 dudmuck

• 43 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 August 2014 - 11:39 PM

People with autoimmune disorders are often over-methylators or under-methylators, because of T-cell dependancy.  Methylation was discussed at length in this thread, and it shows that those with methylation problems need the correct form of folate for their condition.  Nobody should take uridine until they respond well to the B-vitamins.

#2605 Purgatory

• 14 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 August 2014 - 11:55 PM

People with autoimmune disorders are often over-methylators or under-methylators, because of T-cell dependancy.  Methylation was discussed at length in this thread, and it shows that those with methylation problems need the correct form of folate for their condition.  Nobody should take uridine until they respond well to the B-vitamins.

Myself already take methylfolate (800-1600mcg/day), adb/methyl B12 and the other B vitamins.

#2606 nootrop1097

• 82 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 12:07 AM

hey guys i actually just tried a gnc big b 50 and it felt like it made me high. my dopamine was blasting on it.

#2607 Nootropic Milk Hotel

• 91 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:50 PM

I accidentally left my uridine, fish oil and vitamin D with my boyfriend, who lives in another state. We'll be seeing each other again in two weeks, but I won't be taking the stack before then.

#2608 uekte

• 17 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 10:13 AM

Has anyone tried the Mind Nutrition 'UltraCholine' product?

https://store.mindnu...as/ultracholine

I've seen it mentioned earlier in the thread, and people have been quick to label it as ridiculous.

However, I travel a lot for work and convenience is of the utmost importance to me. Carting assorted bags of white powder around the world is an obvious no no.

ultracholine.jpg?t=1400851922

Besides the bizarre inclusion of Hup A and both CDP and GPC, is there any particular reason why it wouldn't be worth at least trying this product?

• like x 1

#2609 pbandy1

• 55 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 August 2014 - 03:46 PM

I love MindNutrition as a company and have always had success with their products, this one is no different. I really like the combination of GPC+CDP as both have different properties, but they are each low enough in dosage that you are not getting choline overload. Second, the hup-A dose is not excessive, I believe it is no more than 80 mcg at full dose (could be wrong on this)... and you don't need to be taking the full 3 capsules daily.

Has anyone tried the Mind Nutrition 'UltraCholine' product?

https://store.mindnu...as/ultracholine

I've seen it mentioned earlier in the thread, and people have been quick to label it as ridiculous.

However, I travel a lot for work and convenience is of the utmost importance to me. Carting assorted bags of white powder around the world is an obvious no no.

ultracholine.jpg?t=1400851922

Besides the bizarre inclusion of Hup A and both CDP and GPC, is there any particular reason why it wouldn't be worth at least trying this product?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#2610 Xenthide

• 89 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 12:28 PM

Does anyone know if there is likely to be any issue stacking this with 1mg Selegiline daily?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: choline, uridine, dha, omega-3, epa, ump, tau, b vitamins

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Topic Led By