Choline

choline vimmortal 2.0

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:19 PM

I am not an expert on choline, except to know that it is an essential nutrient for the human body and that Michael has recently come out against some forms of it, due to at least one study showing an association with heart disease. I also know that it is an ingredient that takes up a lot of volume in Vimmortal and is a bit more expensive ingredient. By cutting out the choline we could reduce the pill count for the daily dosage and reduce the cost of Vimmortal 2.0.

However, since it is an essential nutrient and Vimmortal is supposed to be a comprehensive multi, then I still lean toward keeping at least a little in the formulation. What about using a small amount of a better form of choline?

#2 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 08:16 PM

The amount in Vimmortal is twice what I thought it should have been. Most people's diets seem to be slightly defficient in Chloine, but others complain even minimal amounts make them somewhat manic or jittery. If it were omitted entirely an additional supplement of 200mg per day of would make up for the amount missing in my usual diet. On days I eat more than one egg, I wouldn't need it.

Edited by maxwatt, 28 January 2012 - 08:28 PM.

#3 nameless

• 2,268 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:06 AM

The question I first would bring up, basically with Anthony and Michael... can they find a clean source of choline at a reasonable price? Choline Bitartrate doesn't seem like a good idea, due to the possible CVD risk. And lecithin may not be the cleanest source, and it'd take up a lot of space.

There are also the somewhat odd goals of making Vimmortal safe to take at a full dose, yet recommending nobody take it at a full dose. Which leads to partial doses of some vits/minerals being rather inconsequential. So if you do include a small amount of choline, then make it even smaller by taking a partial dose, is it enough to really even matter anymore?

Edited by nameless, 30 January 2012 - 02:07 AM.

#4 MrSpud

• 268 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:57 AM

Choline tends to be hygroscopic and draws moisture into multivitamins which increases degradation due to hydrolysis of some of the other nutrients. Makes them much more likely to grow ugly dark spots too.over time.

#5 Mind

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:36 PM

Voting is currently running against choline and more good arguments for dropping it have surfaced here. Any choline supporters out there? I am not knowledgeable enough to make a firm decision so I lean toward members opinions, which are stacking up against choline for Vimmortal 2.0.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: choline, vimmortal 2.0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users