- - - - -

Piracetam in the military, and drug tests

piracetam nootropics military

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 phred_phred

• 1 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:17 AM

So im leaving for basic training soon, and was wondering 2 things.

1. Does the military allow you to use piracetam? Its unscheduled, but legal, and i dont know what the military's policy on unscheduled drugs are.

2. Would it show up on a drug test? Specifically a military drug test. Does anybody know exactly what they test for?

#2 Sun

• 53 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:14 AM

I dont know anything about the military rules, but i can tell you that 2 months ago i had a crash accident and when i went to the hospital, the police demanded tests on me for drugs (blood and urine tests). I took only a huge dose of 12g of piracetam about 3hours before the test and it resulted perfectly clean. So I guess if the hospital/police drug tests and the military ones are carried out in the same way, they're not a problem at all ;)

Edited by Sun, 10 February 2012 - 10:18 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Verne

• 102 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 02:12 PM

I dont know anything about the military rules, but i can tell you that 2 months ago i had a crash accident and when i went to the hospital, the police demanded tests on me for drugs (blood and urine tests). I took only a huge dose of 12g of piracetam about 3hours before the test and it resulted perfectly clean. So I guess if the hospital/police drug tests and the military ones are carried out in the same way, they're not a problem at all ;)

Not relevant to this thread, but did taking piracetam have anything to do with your car accident?

@OP: I don't actually know this for sure, but if I'm wrong someone else can correct me, but unless they're specifically looking for piracetam in your drug test they probably wont detect it. Military is more likely to look for illicit substances like: Marijuana, Cocaine, etc. I also don't think an unscheduled substance would be against military policy.

#4 Sun

• 53 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 05:44 PM

@Verne: That night, a big fu**ing dog (i had two displaced fracture, homers and ankle, still healing) crossed the (wet) way, and i ended up out of road against a plant. So i guess not, piracetam had nothing to do with my car accident :)
However, when i take piracetam at that kind of dosage, sometimes i find myself in a more "accelerated" way to proceed in anything i do (and i find myself a little-hypo-maniac), so, also when i drive, i would put a "longer" foot on the accelerator, but i don't know why, as said this kind of reaction happens just sometimes ( still looking for the reasons here! ) ;)

Edited by Sun, 10 February 2012 - 05:59 PM.

#5 Serapis

• 4 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:07 PM

@Verne: That night, a big fu**ing dog (i had two displaced fracture, homers and ankle, still healing) crossed the (wet) way, and i ended up out of road against a plant. So i guess not, piracetam had nothing to do with my car accident :)
However, when i take piracetam at that kind of dosage, sometimes i find myself in a more "accelerated" way to proceed in anything i do (and i find myself a little-hypo-maniac), so, also when i drive, i would put a "longer" foot on the accelerator, but i don't know why, as said this kind of reaction happens just sometimes ( still looking for the reasons here! ) ;)

Very late reply but I also get this sort of effect with my mix which I've been taking for a bit over a month now (Piracetam/Pramiracetam/Choline/Vinpocetine/Inositol). I find that when driving, I'm more fluid in my decision making, which also becomes quicker, and I also detect / anticipate danger (sometimes unnecessarily) a lot earlier than previously.

In my opinion, the racetams would actually reduce the chance that you would end up in an accident by making you more alert to your surroundings.

#6 Synaesthesiac

• 115 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 August 2013 - 11:39 PM

To be clear, you will NOT be tested for Piracetam. They would have to test for its metabolites in your urine, and other than having absolutely no reason to test for it, they aren't going to shell out the $$ to design a test to screen for the metabolites of some chemical that doesn't impair you like conventional narcotics. Don't even worry.

#7 Xenix

• 212 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 08:45 AM

I know that the Australian army does NOT allow you to take any kind of supplements with you to basic training, and I'm sure they regularly check your bags to make sure you are organised/not carrying any kind of 'contraband'. I can only imagine how difficult it would be to hide (let alone take) 3+ months of Piracetam without being caught out.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#8 Synaesthesiac

• 115 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:49 PM

I'm not aware of Military policy on your personal items and what you may/may not have; I do know anecdotally and through first hand accounts from soldiers I've spoken to that many items loosely deemed "contraband" can be easily hidden, but its not my place to tell you what to do or how to do it. Piracetam isn't illegal, so I imagine the worst that could happen is you lose your Piracetam. Regardless, the QUESTION you asked was regarding testing for Piracetam, and the answer is still no.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: piracetam, nootropics, military

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users