• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Pramiracetam + Aniracetam + Occasional Alpha GPC

pramiracetam aniracetam alpha gpc nootropic stack best nootropic stack ultimate nootropic stack

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 AlexanderHamilton

• 11 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:38 PM

Hey Everyone,

First time poster here. I admit WHOLE HEARTEDLY that my research into nootropics began after falling in love with the movie Limitless. I quickly learned that there is no NZT, and have begun my quest to find the closest reasonable substitute for myself.

I began 2 months ago with Pramiracetam + Alpha GPC. I have been responding very well to it, with definite cognitive increases (perhaps I will create a log on a later date for the good of the forum, although I hesitate because I think responses are highly subjective). The only “downside” is I have become a bit manic… but truth be told I am in a field where it pays to be driven. So I consider my goal-driven mania a good thing.

Recently I began to research the next step. I’ve purchased 100G of Aniracetam, and am expecting delivery by the end of this week.

I currently take ¼ teaspoon of Pramiracetam each morning on an empty stomach and 1 Alpha GPC capsule (I believe it's 300mgs, but don't quote). I am planning on splitting my Aniracetam into two stocks, and taking ¼ teaspoon in the morning before work (again on an empty stomach, I may add 2 capsules of fish oil because the forum seems split on whether ingesting fat with fat solubles really matters… but better safe than sorry) and another ¼ teaspoon at work after lunch.

Two quick questions for the group:
  • Does this stack make sense (pram + ani) thus far? My plan is to keep adding elements slowly, so I can measure the changes they are making for me. No sense in starting a stack with 20 different items and being unsure what is doing what for me (or against me).
  • What is your take on Alpha GPC? I don’t really get headaches from NOT taking it… but it seems like I get really sleepy when I do take it. Is it possible my choline situation is such that I can afford to not supplement? (It isn’t a money thing, so perhaps afford isn’t the right word… but I don’t like getting sleepy in the middle of the day when I take my vitamin D + Alpha GPC).

Thanks for reading, and hopefully you can add to the conversation!

#2 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:21 AM

Hey Everyone,

First time poster here. I admit WHOLE HEARTEDLY that my research into nootropics began after falling in love with the movie Limitless. I quickly learned that there is no NZT, and have begun my quest to find the closest reasonable substitute for myself.

I began 2 months ago with Pramiracetam + Alpha GPC. I have been responding very well to it, with definite cognitive increases (perhaps I will create a log on a later date for the good of the forum, although I hesitate because I think responses are highly subjective). The only “downside” is I have become a bit manic… but truth be told I am in a field where it pays to be driven. So I consider my goal-driven mania a good thing.

Recently I began to research the next step. I’ve purchased 100G of Aniracetam, and am expecting delivery by the end of this week.

I currently take ¼ teaspoon of Pramiracetam each morning on an empty stomach and 1 Alpha GPC capsule (I believe it's 300mgs, but don't quote). I am planning on splitting my Aniracetam into two stocks, and taking ¼ teaspoon in the morning before work (again on an empty stomach, I may add 2 capsules of fish oil because the forum seems split on whether ingesting fat with fat solubles really matters… but better safe than sorry) and another ¼ teaspoon at work after lunch.

Two quick questions for the group:

• Does this stack make sense (pram + ani) thus far? My plan is to keep adding elements slowly, so I can measure the changes they are making for me. No sense in starting a stack with 20 different items and being unsure what is doing what for me (or against me).
  • What is your take on Alpha GPC? I don’t really get headaches from NOT taking it… but it seems like I get really sleepy when I do take it. Is it possible my choline situation is such that I can afford to not supplement? (It isn’t a money thing, so perhaps afford isn’t the right word… but I don’t like getting sleepy in the middle of the day when I take my vitamin D + Alpha GPC).

Thanks for reading, and hopefully you can add to the conversation!

I take Pram with Ani with excellent results (cornerstone of my stack). Just don't overdo the dosage (and you may need to increase your choline precursers with Ani). I didn't need extra choline with Pram, but I felt sleepy with Ani, unless I took extra choline.

Try ALCAR instead of Alpha-gpc (since AGPC is making you tired).

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#3 AlexanderHamilton

• Topic Starter
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:22 AM

I take Pram with Ani with excellent results (cornerstone of my stack). Just don't overdo the dosage (and you may need to increase your choline precursers with Ani). I didn't need extra choline with Pram, but I felt sleepy with Ani, unless I took extra choline.

I would LOVE to hear more about your results with Pram and Ani as the cornerstones of your stack. They are going to be my cornerstone (well, only stones for now). I understand that individual responses vary, but I am quite curious.

I will try ALCAR per your suggestion. Is there any reason to expect it will have a different affect on my sleepiness then Alpha GPC? (I figure it is a choline thing, but perhaps there is some inherent differences between ALCAR and Alpha GPC I am unaware of).

Again though, really very curious about your stack. Any suggestions for what to add after I've gone a month or two with just Pram and Ani?

#4 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:36 PM

I posted my stack here:
http://www.longecity...post__p__511580

Like you I've added one thing at a time. I've been experimenting with nootropics for around 3-4 years. The last year or so I've stepped it up a bit.

I would LOVE to hear more about your results with Pram and Ani as the cornerstones of your stack. They are going to be my cornerstone (well, only stones for now). I understand that individual responses vary, but I am quite curious.

I will try ALCAR per your suggestion. Is there any reason to expect it will have a different affect on my sleepiness then Alpha GPC? (I figure it is a choline thing, but perhaps there is some inherent differences between ALCAR and Alpha GPC I am unaware of).

Again though, really very curious about your stack. Any suggestions for what to add after I've gone a month or two with just Pram and Ani?

Edited by health_nutty, 03 May 2012 - 03:37 PM.

#5 AlexanderHamilton

• Topic Starter
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:49 PM

I just read your thread health_nutty, very interesting. We seem to have similar thought processes, so I look forward to following your progress.

The Aniracetam arrives tomorrow. I am starting to think my two separate 1/4 teaspoon doses may be a bit low. How many mgs are in a 1/4 teaspoon of Aniracetam? I know the answer depends on density.

#6 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:07 PM

I just read your thread health_nutty, very interesting. We seem to have similar thought processes, so I look forward to following your progress.

The Aniracetam arrives tomorrow. I am starting to think my two separate 1/4 teaspoon doses may be a bit low. How many mgs are in a 1/4 teaspoon of Aniracetam? I know the answer depends on density.

1/5 tsp is 550mg. Two 1/4 tsps is a decent place to start. I split my ani into 4 doses (250mg each). A lot of people get sleepy or even brain fog from Ani. I've found that sleepiness from Ani was either too high of a dose or not enough ACh precursers.

Btw, I suggested ALCAR, because it is both a precurser to ACh and is also mildly stimulating (and promotes neurogensis).

#7 AlexanderHamilton

• Topic Starter
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:12 PM

Thank you for the rapid (and thorough) responses.

I am going to stick with Pram + Ani solely, with the odd Alpha GPC when (if?) I get headaches from lack of Choline. I must have ample choline because I've taken Pram Monday-Friday for the past 2 weeks with no choline supplementation and I've had no headaches.

Once I've developed a baseline for how I am responding to Pram + Ani, then I'm going to try ALCAR at your behest. I am excited about this process.

#8 AlexanderHamilton

• Topic Starter
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:45 AM

Update (5/8/12):

This morning I began taking both Pramiracetam & Aniracetam. My initial impressions are this is a VERY synergistic pairing.

Also, I realized I have been using 1/8 tsp of Pram per morning, NOT 1/4 tsp. I created a topic asking how many milligrams are in 1/8 tsp of Pram here: LINK
If anyone here knows the answer, please respond. For Aniracetam as well, if you know the answer.

I took 1/8 tsp of Pramiracetam and 1/8 tsp of Aniracetam. I will be taking another 1/8 tsp of Ani after lunch.

Will report back later!

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#9 Cephalon

• 497 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:37 PM

Hi AlexanderHamilton!

You should definately take both Aniracetam and Pramiracetam with fat.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racetam

Even a little flax or fish oil will aid absorbtion a lot. But you may even take it with breakfast. In therapy they will be taken with food as well.

Regarding your tsp question, unfortunately I do not have an Aniracetam label at hand, but on my Pramiracetam bottle (which has comparable properties to Aniracetam) it reads:
1 / 4 tsp = 596mg so 1/ 8 tsp = 298mg I guess :)

Best,

Cephalon

Edited by Cephalon, 13 May 2012 - 10:40 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pramiracetam, aniracetam, alpha gpc, nootropic stack, best nootropic stack, ultimate nootropic stack

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users