ashwagandha panic attack anxiety

• Please log in to reply
816 replies to this topic

#751 Andrey_81

• Topic Starter
  • 249 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 01:20 PM

Hello everybody, noob here :)

I've been taking Jarrow's ashwagandha for a month and I have mixed feelings (KSM-66 Ashwagandha 300mg (Root Extract) (Withania somnifera)).

This stuff certainly promotes some inner changes in my body, deeper sleep and well being (somehow). The downside is that it makes me feel extremely tired and dizzy if I take it sooner in the day, so I must take it like 2-3 hours before sleep (or later) otherwise it ruins my energy levels. But it makes so in a "weird way". I feel like I should rest, but I don't feel destroyed or bad, I just want sleep and/or stay in bed and don't move.

Is this normal at first or am I making something wrong? Are my adrenal glands broken or should I combine ashwagandha with other herb/vitamin? My desire is to help muscle/energy recovery for my gym goals (I want to train harder at the gym room and more frequently). Maybe there's a better brand of ashwagandha? I purchase at iHerb, found this other brand called "Organic India" maybe that's better than Jarrow's?

Thanks in advance :)

I'm also using the same (http://bit.ly/1SPUKaj) and I can only confirm positive effects. Forget about 'organic india' because it is not an extract so it should not be powerful enough. Just stick to Jarrow (KSM-66) or with Himalaya or Sensoril extract. You cannot miss with this.

I would like share my experience that happened to me a few days ago.. I've been using ashwagadha DAILY for the past few years (since I opened this topic), I'm not even trying to live a day without ashwagandha and as the topic says - for me it still makes miracles and I feel like never before. After so many years the benefit is still present I my daily dose is still 2 pills per day (before I was taking Himalaya but then I changed to Jarrow) and I'm always taking it with coffee (morning on empty stomach and afternoon at 1 or 2).

Few day ago I was in a rush... I had scheduled meeting early in the morning and I was late. I drank my coffee... and had a shower... but I wasn't sure if I took my usual morning ashwagandha pill  because I felt great and there was a bottle of ashwagandha pills on the desk... near my empty coffee cup. I said to myself:  I will wait, just to see what will happen (I was 50% sure that I had my pill). I was afraid to 'double' my dose because this could have negative effect. Based on my experience it is bad to take 2 pills of ashwagandha extract in short time period, I always felt very bad when I did this. From my (long) experience the best effect you get when you take ashwagandha every 7-8 hours.

After I had a shower and dressed myself I started to feel extremely nervous. I was sweating like crazy and my shirt wast in 5 minutes. I felt so bad. My wife was complaining about something and responded very rude..I completely lost my confidence.  I had this feeling like I will be late for work and I was sweating more and more and felt like I have no air... I said to myself: O my god.. I'm becoming the one I used to be before - because this was just the way I felt before I started with ashwagandha. 

Then I immediately took my pill because I was 100% sure that this was something I forgot to do in the morning and I went to work. After 40 minutes of driving I reached my office, like a new person... completely calm, without that 'i have no air' feeling and my shit was perfectly dry. I managed to have a perfect meeting without any stress or without lack of confidence. 

So this is the way I feel If I only miss one morning dose. I cannot imagine myself without this stuff. This is not addiction, it just helps like it was helping long ago when I started. I have zero side effects and this amazing feeling when I take it is really hard to describe... it's soooooooo good. 

• Informative x 2

#752 somuchforthat22

• 24 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 01:38 PM

what is everyone's thought on "Ksm 66"? i took himalaya ashwaghanda about a year ago off and on, and didn't get much result(it's possible I underdosed), but after reading up on ksm, it sounded promising, so I ordered some yesterday. is it better for libido and energy than the other ones?

Edited by somuchforthat22, 15 September 2016 - 01:39 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#753 Andrey_81

• Topic Starter
  • 249 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 01:44 PM

what is everyone's thought on "Ksm 66"? i took himalaya ashwaghanda about a year ago off and on, and didn't get much result(it's possible I underdosed), but after reading up on ksm, it sounded promising, so I ordered some yesterday. is it better for libido and energy than the other ones?

I would not know how it works on libido... the only way it could work is that you are more calm and more confident and therefore you're better lover :)
For libido and energy I would suggest Yohimbine HCL (but be careful and don't take to much at once). This will boost your energy like nothing you have tried before.

Edited by Andrey_81, 15 September 2016 - 01:48 PM.

#754 crocski

• 22 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 11:02 AM

I would not know how it works on libido... the only way it could work is that you are more calm and more confident and therefore you're better lover :)
For libido and energy I would suggest Yohimbine HCL (but be careful and don't take to much at once). This will boost your energy like nothing you have tried before.

I just found out about Yohimbe today. Currently doing some research.

I'm thinking of adding it to my current stack

He shou wu - I take this everyday since August- I dont have a full conclusion yet. It said to be a slow progress. We'll see.

Ashwagandha (himalaya) I bought the jarrow a year ago after my first bottle of Himalaya Ash. The jarrow didn't work like the indian sup. I throw out half the bottle. I'm currently on my third bottle of Ash. 

Schizrandra

Started exercise recently I feel great. I wake up with more long lasting morning wood like never before.

#755 Andrey_81

• Topic Starter
  • 249 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 10:56 AM

Hello everybody, noob here :)

I've been taking Jarrow's ashwagandha for a month and I have mixed feelings (KSM-66 Ashwagandha 300mg (Root Extract) (Withania somnifera)).

This stuff certainly promotes some inner changes in my body, deeper sleep and well being (somehow). The downside is that it makes me feel extremely tired and dizzy if I take it sooner in the day, so I must take it like 2-3 hours before sleep (or later) otherwise it ruins my energy levels. But it makes so in a "weird way". I feel like I should rest, but I don't feel destroyed or bad, I just want sleep and/or stay in bed and don't move.

Is this normal at first or am I making something wrong? Are my adrenal glands broken or should I combine ashwagandha with other herb/vitamin? My desire is to help muscle/energy recovery for my gym goals (I want to train harder at the gym room and more frequently). Maybe there's a better brand of ashwagandha? I purchase at iHerb, found this other brand called "Organic India" maybe that's better than Jarrow's?

Thanks in advance :)

I'm also using the same (http://bit.ly/1SPUKaj) and I can only confirm positive effects. Forget about 'organic india' because it is not an extract so it should not be powerful enough. Just stick to Jarrow (KSM-66) or with Himalaya or Sensoril extract. You cannot miss with this.

I would like share my experience that happened to me a few days ago.. I've been using ashwagadha DAILY for the past few years (since I opened this topic), I'm not even trying to live a day without ashwagandha and as the topic says - for me it still makes miracles and I feel like never before. After so many years the benefit is still present I my daily dose is still 2 pills per day (before I was taking Himalaya but then I changed to Jarrow) and I'm always taking it with coffee (morning on empty stomach and afternoon at 1 or 2).

Few day ago I was in a rush... I had scheduled meeting early in the morning and I was late. I drank my coffee... and had a shower... but I wasn't sure if I took my usual morning ashwagandha pill  because I felt great and there was a bottle of ashwagandha pills on the desk... near my empty coffee cup. I said to myself:  I will wait, just to see what will happen (I was 50% sure that I had my pill). I was afraid to 'double' my dose because this could have negative effect. Based on my experience it is bad to take 2 pills of ashwagandha extract in short time period, I always felt very bad when I did this. From my (long) experience the best effect you get when you take ashwagandha every 7-8 hours.

After I had a shower and dressed myself I started to feel extremely nervous. I was sweating like crazy and my shirt wast in 5 minutes. I felt so bad. My wife was complaining about something and responded very rude..I completely lost my confidence.  I had this feeling like I will be late for work and I was sweating more and more and felt like I have no air... I said to myself: O my god.. I'm becoming the one I used to be before - because this was just the way I felt before I started with ashwagandha. 

Then I immediately took my pill because I was 100% sure that this was something I forgot to do in the morning and I went to work. After 40 minutes of driving I reached my office, like a new person... completely calm, without that 'i have no air' feeling and my shit was perfectly dry. I managed to have a perfect meeting without any stress or without lack of confidence. 

So this is the way I feel If I only miss one morning dose. I cannot imagine myself without this stuff. This is not addiction, it just helps like it was helping long ago when I started. I have zero side effects and this amazing feeling when I take it is really hard to describe... it's soooooooo good. 

Sorry, I made a typing error...  :blush: 

I wanted to say that my SHIRT was perfectly dry after I took ashwagandha... :-D

#756 HoldingTheFaith

• 195 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 12:26 PM

I am currently taking Nutrigold KSM-66 and it seems to have sizeable effects on libido and stress response, but I need more time to evaluate. I like how it smells to.   Doesnt just smell like an herb, since its an extract it has a weirdly pleasing milky aroma.

My social anxiety is still there,  but I have some autism so it will be with me forever. It doesnt improve sleep, at least if you take at night, as it kept me awake for some hours,

Dont know if Jarrow´s is as good. Nutrigold puts no excipients etc in the capsules and I love that, but Jarrow offers more of the extract for less money. Andrey. does your Jarrow pills smell like what I described?  :laugh:

In the past (I have some posts in this thread that appears to be inmortal lol) I took ashwagandha in different modes including huge quantities of the powdered herb and the only thing I ever saw was an increase in semen volume (effect I dont find particularly interesting haha).

Edited by HoldingTheFaith, 30 September 2016 - 12:35 PM.

#757 Andrey_81

• Topic Starter
  • 249 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 06:46 AM

I am currently taking Nutrigold KSM-66 and it seems to have sizeable effects on libido and stress response, but I need more time to evaluate. I like how it smells to.   Doesnt just smell like an herb, since its an extract it has a weirdly pleasing milky aroma.

My social anxiety is still there,  but I have some autism so it will be with me forever. It doesnt improve sleep, at least if you take at night, as it kept me awake for some hours,

Dont know if Jarrow´s is as good. Nutrigold puts no excipients etc in the capsules and I love that, but Jarrow offers more of the extract for less money. Andrey. does your Jarrow pills smell like what I described?  :laugh:

In the past (I have some posts in this thread that appears to be inmortal lol) I took ashwagandha in different modes including huge quantities of the powdered herb and the only thing I ever saw was an increase in semen volume (effect I dont find particularly interesting haha).

I would say that KSM-66 is KSM-66, so there should be no difference between Nutrigold and Jarrow. They are just packing the same extract.

#758 aurenzzi

• 8 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 October 2016 - 06:05 PM

I tried Ashwaghanda KSG-55 300 mg(15% active substances) it make me feel chiled, I feel that I'm better driving and it helped with anxiety but I had to take much more than one pill and its not a cheap herbal for me. Ashwaghanda is better I think but why not mix them maybe it will be best than every one alone. 

#759 David Middlemiss

• 56 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 08:29 PM

That's interesting Duchykins. I do suffer from migraines quite a bit...like at least once a week. So, it may be that, as a vasodilator, Ash could 'fuel the fire' so to speak.. although I've read a lot of reports where Ash helped prevent migraines :(

I do like the anxiolytic effects though and that's why I want to take it. I also suffer from Hashimotos so I'm interested to see how Ash helps there.

I'm definitely going to have to play with the dosing to see if I can keep the anti-anxiety effect without triggering a migraine...

Would be great to be able to take something with Ash to counter the vasodilatory effects...Anybody have any suggestions?

A decade-long migraineur with a baseline BP of 100-90/50, I have a special vulnerability to vasodilatory headaches and they just happen to be the worst and least likely to be dulled or aborted by analgesics. I had to stop taking bacopa, ginseng and ginkgo in the same day even in low doses, stop arginine altogether (except for the modest doses in my protein powder).

Identifying a vasodilator is fairly simple - they tend to produce feelings of warmth or flushing in people, especially in face. That's a symptom of vasodilation. For those like me, heated cheeks, ears is a really bad sign and means I need to do something about it immediately before it blows up into a migraine and I have to take a triptan to kill it. Pounding headaches are typically indicative of vasodilation; tension-type typically indicative of vasoconstriction. Typically. Identifying what kind of headache you have is the key to killing and preventing them.

Serotonin is probably the most potent vasoconstrictor. I can still take some vasodilators if I stagger them smartly with my migraine prophylaxis stack (lysine, theanine, chromium, co q 10 magnesium, potassium, calcium, vit d, taurine). I recently made a critical error and messed with that well-established stack by decreasing some daily doses, getting lazy/complacent and taking some of them irregularly, but I fixed that real quick lol and learned my lesson there; do not fuck with that stack ever again. Constant vigilance! :D

With that stack, my migraine threshold has significantly increased and I can tolerate more triggers before a migraine attacks. In the past two weeks I've only needed to take sumatriptan once, and that was AFTER I messed with that wonderful stack.

50mg doses of 5-htp can head off impending vasodilatory headaches. A second 50mg dose an hour later if the first wasn't enough. 5-htp should not be taken regularly unless you don't care if your serotonin is downregulated. So if you find yourself relying on it almost daily for headache relief or prevention, it might be best to stop and cut back on the vasodilators, of which there are many in the nootropic arena.

Caffeine also causes constriction, and it's why it's often found in OTC headache meds like Excedrin. Some may find caffeine preferable to serotonin. Stimulants are typically constrictors but there is a downside of using these regularly too. (for me, caffeine is never enough to kill a hot, pounding migraine)

So even after all this, I decided I could risk a try at the ash. I can have 240mg of gingko every day without a hint of headache *as long as I don't take the other herbs that day*, so I figure maybe I could swap out the ginkgo for ash and see what happens.

I'm hoping for thyroid or anxiolytic effects from the ash, either would suit me fine.

Apologies for being long-winded. I hope I've imparted something useful to a few others. Good luck with your ash!

I'd much rather take a natural herb, although for  Headache pain for many years have had no real choice

So will purchase Ashwaganda and start to take it generally and see if the frequency of headaches dissolve over the long term,

as this would be more miraculous

Synthed Chems hold less Love Than Natural Substances/Extracts

Will also try 5-htp 50mg at onset and poss further 50mg if persistent where possible for an interim period

But Have had the most amazing experience with Tianeptine

Purchased at my local chemist for regular day long (15 out of 10 pain score) almost untreatable Migrane type headaches, (although I used to suffer migrane),

These recent Headaches (past 3 years) do not cause visual disturbance but similar sensitivity to light and sickness feeling/vomiting)

Where I would press on my eyes to almost popping to create a pain strong enough to take my mind off it fractionally, until pain killers began to numb,

Hot water bottles to eyes, brow and another on the back of the neck as body cold sweats and clammy,

Co Codamol 2 tabs mixed with either Ibuprophen lyseine x2 or Naproxin x1 every 3 hours as pain too bad to wait the safe 4 hour breaks

lasting for a full day and only just managing the pain after a half day of pills and hot bottles re applied,

then after a full nights sleep and final dose, goneish the morning after!

On waking Yesterday 1/4 through the headache scale just after the early morning ( getting to 5 out of 10) usually past the point of no rteturn

1 of the 2 tianeptine tabs from the local chemist, popped with a little water, 15 mins in a dulling of the pain, 20 or so mins down to a 2 out of 10 pain level

30 mins in, Gone, Miraculously

And Completely Gone Without a Trace,

£7.99 Is Quite Heavy But a Bargain for this Amazing Level of Affect

I'll try and keep people posted on future headaches, Ash, 5-htp or Tianeptine,

But I have never In My Life Known Anything like this!!!!

Edited by David Middlemiss, 06 November 2016 - 09:26 PM.

#760 David Middlemiss

• 56 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 08:40 PM

I'd much rather take a natural herb, although for  Headache pain for many years have had no real choice

So will purchase Ashwaganda and start to take it generally and see if the frequency of headaches dissolve over the long term,

as this would be more miraculous

Synthed Chems hold less Love Than Natural Substances/Extracts

Will also try 5-htp 50mg at onset and poss further 50mg if persistent where possible for an interim period

But Have had the most amazing experience with Tianeptine

Purchased at my local chemist for regular day long (15 out of 10 pain score) almost untreatable Migrane type headaches, (although I used to suffer migrane),

These recent Headaches (past 3 years) do not cause visual disturbance but similar sensitivity to light and sickness feeling/vomiting)

Where I would press on my eyes to almost popping to create a pain strong enough to take my mind off it fractionally, until pain killers began to numb,

Hot water bottles to eyes, brow and another on the back of the neck as body cold sweats and clammy,

Co Codamol 2 tabs mixed with either Ibuprophen lyseine x2 or Naproxin x1 every 3 hours as pain too bad to wait the safe 4 hour breaks

lasting for a full day and only just managing the pain after a half day of pills and hot bottles re applied,

then after a full nights sleep and final dose, goneish the morning after!

On waking Yesterday 1/4 through the headache scale just after the early morning ( getting to 5 out of 10) usually past the point of no rteturn

1 of the 2 tianeptine tabs from the local chemist, popped with a little water, 15 mins in a dulling of the pain, 20 or so mins down to a 2 out of 10 pain level

30 mins in, Gone, Miraculously

And Completely Gone Without a Trace,

£7.99 Is Quite Heavy But a Bargain for this Amazing Level of Affect

I'll try and keep people posted on future headaches, Ash, 5-htp or Tianeptine,

But I have never In My Life Known Anything like this!!!!

Edited by David Middlemiss, 06 November 2016 - 09:25 PM.

#761 Tattoo3d Cowboy

• 2 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 06:09 PM

First time Ashwagandha user, going to be getting it today, I have the NOW food brands, 450mg each pill.

I want to use it primarly because I do feel like I have social anxiety, feel nervous in sitautions and sometimes the thought of being around others keeps me from doing things. Some situations such as going to kids school or attending something with lots of people make me feel anxious and bring me feelings of anxiety, dizzy, sweaty, palpitations etc.

Im just concerned I hope Ash doesn't have any withdrawals that could cause the anxiety to increase or get worse than before. I would like to ask if 450MG once a day is good or is that excessive? also Should I try Taurine first by itself before the Ash?

#762 Andrey_81

• Topic Starter
  • 249 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 06:30 AM

First time Ashwagandha user, going to be getting it today, I have the NOW food brands, 450mg each pill.

I want to use it primarly because I do feel like I have social anxiety, feel nervous in sitautions and sometimes the thought of being around others keeps me from doing things. Some situations such as going to kids school or attending something with lots of people make me feel anxious and bring me feelings of anxiety, dizzy, sweaty, palpitations etc.

Im just concerned I hope Ash doesn't have any withdrawals that could cause the anxiety to increase or get worse than before. I would like to ask if 450MG once a day is good or is that excessive? also Should I try Taurine first by itself before the Ash?

You will be safe, there is no withdrawal.. the only bad thing that can happen is that you feel the same as before than you started, but not worse. I usually take 300 mg from Jarrow or Himalaya, one in the morning and one afternoon. One additional could be taken before bed if needed. You can also try to take one in the morning and the next one half hour before this situation that makes you feel anxious (I make the same) . You will feel like a new person trust me. No need to take taurine, I tried it but it had short effect so it's not worth trying. Ashwagandha works in the same way as before and I take it every single day starting from 2012.   

• like x 1

#763 albedo

• 2,068 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 December 2016 - 09:33 AM

A new research based on powerful gene network analysis also found out about Ashwagandha for epilepsy (next to others and the well know drug valproic acid):

"...The team then computationally analysed 1,300 known drugs to predict which ones could help restore the gene network to normal.One of the drugs found was a known epilepsy treatment, called valproic acid. The team's analyses also pointed to many other drugs not previously considered as conventional anti-epilepsy medications. One of these was withaferin A, a compound derived from a plant known as Indian ginseng that has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for centuries to treat a range of diseases, including epilepsy..."

http://www3.imperial...2-2016-17-14-54

The research paper is here:

Delahaye-duriez A, Srivastava P, Shkura K, et al. Rare and common epilepsies converge on a shared gene regulatory network providing opportunities for novel antiepileptic drug discovery. Genome Biol. 2016;17(1):245.

https://genomebiolog...3059-016-1097-7

"...In keeping with this, of the 15 drugs in CMap predicted to result in an overall significant upregulation of M30 (see Additional file 7: Table S6), whitaferin A (WFA) is a steroidal lactone present in Withania somnifera (also known as Indian ginseng or Ashwagandha), a plant that has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for centuries in the treatment of a wide range of diseases including epilepsy [73] and studies in animal models have also reported the anticonvulsive effect of this drug [74, 75]..."

#764 mkmossop

• 33 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 December 2016 - 09:46 PM

So you're only taking two a day now? If your original post you said the significant change only came when you starting taking three per day, but your last post said two. Is that because it's a different brand? I ordered some Jarrow stuff the other day and will try it out soon.

#765 Andrey_81

• Topic Starter
  • 249 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 07:47 AM

Hello to everybody. I've started this topic a long ago.. (21 May 2012).. now it's 5 years of continuous use of ashwagandha so it's time to describe how I currently feel in my life...

What to say... I own my life to this plant. This is how I felt before I started to take it:

- lack of confidence,  lack of self esteem, heart palpitations, everyday headaches, anxiety, situational panic attack, increased sweating, fear to speak in public, fear to go out, fear to go to the party, to the shopping mall....constant feeling like everybody is watching me.. I just wanted to be alone at home (where I felt safe), I was unable to sleep, lack of energy, fear that something bad will happen, fear that my parents will dye, thoughts about death, aggressive, lack of patience, couldn't stand loud noises, chronic fatigue... and so on... the list is huge. What else to say.. my mother is suffering from bipolar disorder... and whole family from my mother's side is having 'problems with nerves' so I always thought that I have all genetic preconditions to end up on benzos. As a kid and in my teen age I was completely opposite and was one of the perfect and intelligent that everybody liked, and I was so happy and positive.

Let me come back.. the worst that happen was this bad feeling like I cannot start to talk, that I will start to cry. Without known reason. This feeling was so strong and I can say that I fully understand people in depression. You cannot understand this feeling if you have never experienced this. There is nothing you can do, its. just like that and no matter how hard you try not to be depressed or in fear, you can't fight against this, there must be some wrong chemistry that keeps you constantly away from this worlds.  I wanted to visit a doctor but luckily I didn't. I was always the one who was trying to live 'healthy way of life' without smoking, drinking, drugs or  bad food... I never tried marijuana in my life.  I was naturally muscular type and it was easy for me to be in perfect shape...sadly, my body was perfect, but my brain or soul was so far from perfection. I saw how many effects my mother had during the treatment of bi-polar and I  was so afraid of hospital, doctors and pills and due to this fear I was constantly searching for a cure in nature and after trying all kinds of natural stuff I found one that made a change and I again started to live my life....

At the beginning ashwagandha caused headaches but in the same time I felt great so I didn't wanted to quit... I will not speak again all that was previously written, just want to share where I am at the moment and what is the regime that I'm currently following. There are only 2 things that I'm taking at the moment and after 5 years of experience any trying of all kind's of different supplements I found out that, to function completely as a normal person (fully optimistic, lot of energy, positive, sleep like a baby, just perfect....) I only need this (will explain,):

- Ashwagandha (I take this one:  https://goo.gl/poYFc3)

- Yohimbine HCL (and this one: https://goo.gl/7NcggI)

- Mint tea

- 3 cups of coffee per day

- 5-6 hours of sleep (never more!) 

- follow the same routines

I get up early, at 5 or 6. Even during the weekend I get up at 6 or latest 7. Start the day with strong coffee (without sugar) and first ashwagandha pill. I can immediately feel that coffee wakes me up but ashwagandha also kicks in and gives that perfect stable feeling and completely kills negative sides of caffeine. I really enjoy drinking coffee, it is a must for me and it boost my energy and confidence but only in combination with aswhagandhga. I always read that people who are suffering from anxiety of panic should avoid caffeine. Well... maybe yes but in combination with ashwagandha - no way and I will never stop coffee. I also drink one cup of mint teat at work in the morning because I found that it relaxes me a lot and works positive. It is a must for me at work but can also be used as a sleep aid.  The next ashwagandha pill is at 12:30 or 13:00, again with second cup of coffee. I can really feel the need for a second ashwagandha so I take this every single day. In the morning and later at 12:30-13:00. 

At work I function perfectly, I can make so many tasks at once and I can be under huge stress without the feeling that I can't make something. I have this feeling like I can do anything in the world and I'm stress resistant, motivated, talkative, positive and happy (like I was in my youth).  My career went up high. I need to mention that 5 years ago I was thinking about quitting my job because I had a feeling like it's too much for me...like I cannot do it anymore, I was suffering a lot. Now I see that I can and I'm one of the best workers and always with the biggest projects :)

After all day work it's normally that I become tired and there is a lot more in front of me...Gym, meeting friends/ working at home (garden..., taking care about my wife :).., and this is where Yohimbine HCL jumps in... For me it work's, for some people maybe no, we are not the same, keep that in mind. I started to take this as a pre-workout and realized that it make me energized the whole day and there is nobody who can follow me in this energy rush (friends, wife...). I take yohimbine at 16:00 with my third and last cup of coffee (black without sugar). I only take one pill (2,5 mg) , never tried more because I don't need more. It takes one hour to feel the benefits. Just to mention...on the bottle is say that yohimbin is not for people who are suffering from anxiety, panic, bipolar... I don't care :) When I have ashagandha in my blood I can only feel the positive side of yohimbine (like I have with caffeine) .  There is no better pre-workout supplement for me. I can stay in gym for 1:30 hours, come home and do a lot of things and still stay with a lot of energy for going out with friends and enjoy life, or to have amazing sex at home..

My wife is telling me everyday how I changed and is almost impossible for her to follow my rhythm. Now I'm the one who cannot stay at home, who wants to be somewhere and who initialize all activities. I'm the one who organizes the parties with friends and invites people, I'm the one with a smile on the face, who speaks a lot, who is always happy and positive, I'm the one who makes other people smile. I always want to meet new people, enjoy traveling, trying new things... feels younger, likes to dance in public...I'm a new person and this is why I said at the begging that I own my life to to this plant and I will never stop taking it. You cannot believe that. I can also see that people can feel this positive energy that I share and the want to be close to me, they wont to be my friends or in my company. It's just amazing and I really enjoy this role as an alpha.

So... to make this short: 

- does ashwagandha still works - a big YES!

- any side effects? - zero, no, none

- did I raise my dose? - no, the dose is still the same (2 per day) and I never had a need to raise the dose

- do I feel better?  - yes, I enjoy being alive better then ever :)

- am I cured? - probably no but I don't care, I'm a winner

- am I afraid for my future? - no, because I'm constantly changing to a better person (huge difference in the past 5 years)

Good luck to everybody. This is my personal experience and I'm not saying that this will 100% work for you, we are all different.

Will come back with an update after a while... I hope again with positive experience :)

I love you all...

Andrey

• like x 3
  • Informative x 2

#766 Consequences

• 43 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 October 2017 - 09:15 PM

I have been taking it for a week now.

I use Organic India Ashwagandha 400mg.

My issue is anxiety and sleep problems, almost like insomnia except my body has now issue sleeping all DAY and being up all night.

The last 3 nights I have taken 3 capsules before bed so 1200mg, and slept for a solid 8-12 hours. Dreamless sleep which kinda sucks as I usually get amazing lucid dreams.

Wondering if this dose is too much? I am very big, 300lb and tall. Ive popped one tab tonight so 400mg, will see what happens...

#767 Galaxyshock

• 1,470 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 08:36 PM

Ok I've taken different Ashwagandha products for past 7 years. It seems this KSM-66 stuff is the real deal. It has light-brown color and actually quite pleasant smell and taste.

Raw, non extracted, powdered ashwagandha is light in color and not very effective. Brown ashwagandha extract like Now foods product is strong, but almost drug-like which isn't very pleasant. It kicks libido to next level though.

KSM-66 is something between, very pleasant effects. Seems to bring the broad range of benefits this adaptogen can provide at its best without side effects.

#768 airplanepeanuts

• 352 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 09:32 PM

What do mean by drug-like? Sedating? If so is the KSM-66 non or less sedating?

The sedation part was my problem with Ashwagandha.

#769 Galaxyshock

• 1,470 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 09:36 PM

What do mean by drug-like? Sedating? If so is the KSM-66 non or less sedating?

The sedation part was my problem with Ashwagandha.

Sedating yes, I remember taking now foods Ashwa back when it was standardized stronger and I was competely zonked out and couldn't snap out of it no matter what. I was in a car and even fell sleep for short periods, luckily I wasn't the one driving lol. KSM-66 doesn't seem to be sedating as much as it's simply calming. Perhaps a high dose would provide tranquilizer qualities, don't know haven't tried.

• like x 1

#770 andrea23

• 82 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 11:29 AM

anybody got an increase in smell sense after some days on ashawagandha?

#771 Polar Bear 88

• 2 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 November 2017 - 12:19 AM

Hi there,

Long time reader, first time poster (lol)...

I came across this forum as I recently started to use this herb and wanted to share my brief experience thus far.

Today was Day 2 of my journey with ashwagandha. I decided to try it after reading all these rave reviews about its positive effects. I went with the Organic India brand which offers 400mg root powder (not extract). So I took the 1st capsule in the morning with no real change. For the most part, still felt the same. I took the 2nd capsule at around 4pm and about an hour or so after taking it, I started to feel it creep in. I felt very relaxed and things that would make me agitated became no longer relevant. This lasted for about 4 hours and after that I was calm for the rest of the night. The next day (today) I repeated the same regimen. The 1st capsule, again, seemed to have little effect; I think I was more anxious to gain that state of relaxation more than anything! Then I took the 2nd capsule in the afternoon; the calmness was not as strong as the first day, but I definitely felt calm and had a lot of energy- enough so to get in a workout, which I never do on Sunday :) I will keep posting on here periodically to update my journey with ashwagandha.

A few things I wanted to mention/ask after reading many of the posts on this thread...

- Has anyone on here gone with Organic India ashwagandha and how is your experience been? Many users seem to think the extract is the way to go instead of the root powder. I have heard that the root powder is the healthier choice... thoughts?

- Does anyone know how much withanoloids % is in the Organic India brand? I wonder... if this is how the root powder makes me feel then what would the extract do? Although, everyone must have a different reaction

#772 Kinesis

• 262 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 November 2017 - 04:00 AM

Welcome to LongeCity, Polar Bear 88!

Some people prefer the whole root products. You know you’re getting the full spectrum of compounds in the original. Personally I use ashwaganda extracts, basically because I like to know the potency of the characteristic compounds. The flip side of this is that using the whole root powder you don’t really know how much of those characteristic compounds is in there. That’s the trade off.

With some herbs you can find formulas that combine the benefits of both; they’re basically the whole herb blended with enough extract to reach a certain specified potency, but I haven’t run across an ash product in this format.

As you recognize, individual reactions vary, so the only way to know how they would compare for your purposes would be to try them. If you try an extract, be aware there are a couple different proprietary formulations, one is KSM-66 and the other is Sensoril.

Bottom line is you like what you like. If you’re happy with the product you’re using, that’s what counts.

Cheers!

#773 Malf

• 79 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 November 2017 - 08:03 AM

Ive been going back and forth on whether not to try Ashwaghandha, I always get scared of trying supplements because ill read some great reviews on amazon followed by some scary ones with sides, some guy said his throat was sore after taking Ashwaghanda by Nutrigold, but he was also taking other things

I am currently only taking Solgar Full Spectrum Curcumin no other supplements, I like what I see so far, it helps me with energy for some reason.

But Ashwagandha is interesting to me but then I get scared off, like recently I read it contains real cancer fighting properties but then someone said be careful because once its done eating up your cancerous cells it will turn on your healthy cells

Also someone said that it can actually cause thyroid issues if you take too much.

I want to try the Jarrow brand, but Consumerlab tested several Ashwaghandas and said Pure Encapsulations is the best while the others only contained less than 25 percent of Ashwaghanda advertised the rest was fillers.

But I have no idea if Pure Encapulations uses KSM66 its not even listed on their bottle label or website.

#774 Kinesis

• 262 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 November 2017 - 09:10 PM

Welcome, Malf! Don’t forget it’s possible to get a sore throat without taking any supplements ... if some random ailment befalls someone just at the time they try a supplement, they may blame the supplement, but that doesn’t mean it caused it. With most supplements like ashwaganda, you’re best bet is to stick with quality products from reputable suppliers and don’t overdo it.

#775 Malf

• 79 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 November 2017 - 07:47 AM

Welcome, Malf! Don’t forget it’s possible to get a sore throat without taking any supplements ... if some random ailment befalls someone just at the time they try a supplement, they may blame the supplement, but that doesn’t mean it caused it. With most supplements like ashwaganda, you’re best bet is to stick with quality products from reputable suppliers and don’t overdo it.

Thanks for the welcoming Kinesis,

I would like to try it out to see how it works. So far people say Jarrow KSM66 is good, but it doesnt say the percentage of withnolides. Consumer labs said Pure Encapulations, Solary and plnt by vitaminshoppe are the best they tested several Ashwaghandas the others had 25 percent or less of the ingredient, the rest was fillers while the ones that passed had the amount on the label but some had more than the label.

Edited by Malf, 30 November 2017 - 07:49 AM.

#776 Kinesis

• 262 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 December 2017 - 01:00 AM

Thanks for the welcoming Kinesis,

I would like to try it out to see how it works. So far people say Jarrow KSM66 is good, but it doesnt say the percentage of withnolides. Consumer labs said Pure Encapulations, Solary and plnt by vitaminshoppe are the best they tested several Ashwaghandas the others had 25 percent or less of the ingredient, the rest was fillers while the ones that passed had the amount on the label but some had more than the label.

According to the below link, KSM has 5% withanolides. I’m not sure why it’s not listed on the label, but my KSM supplement is like that too.

http://www.ksm66ashw.../why_ksm66.html

Another product I have contains Sensoril ashwaganda extract. It lists the withanolide potency as 8%.

Sensoril or KSM-66? Each has its advocates, and each may be better for certain purposes than the other. I wouldn’t judge superiority by the percentage of withanolides alone though; the main use for that data is knowing the overall amount of withanolides. For example, 800 mg of a 5% extract would contain the same total level of withanolides as 500 mg of an 8% extract.

#777 Adaptogen

• 772 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 08:40 PM

I think KSM-66 is overrated, although the published trials do show nice results. They market specifically that they are a root only extract, not "adulterated" by using ashwagandha leaves and have only negligible levels of Withaferin-A like that is something very desirable, but Withaferin A has very low toxicity and likely mediates a number of the interesting health benefits of ashwagandha.

See also:
Nootropic potential of Ashwagandha leaves: Beyond traditional root extracts

#778 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 December 2017 - 08:05 AM

as a person who has taken like 20 types of different ashwaghanda extracts powders and pills brands, i must say they all have the same nasty side effect. they are stimulatory and feel a bit like amphs and coke, but much much milder and natural (which the body has much better response to) but end up being nasty as synthetic stimulants with those comedown effects where you feel weaker and depressed after it has stopped working and need to redose and it doesnt really serve well to find alternative to counter act this. its especially bad when you combine it with other stimulants like coffee or god forbid actual coke or amphs. i have ended up super psychopathic when i mixed it with other stimulants or even antidepressants. I STILL CANT FIND COUNTER ACTIVE TO THE COMEDOWN, dear lord. this is annoying!

the guy who started this thread that this is cure all, should be warned and have had the title changed. very irresponsible and dangerous!

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

#779 pamojja

• 2,840 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 01:13 PM

as a person who has taken like 20 types of different ashwaghanda extracts powders and pills brands, i must say they all have the same nasty side effect. they are stimulatory and feel a bit like amphs and coke, but much much milder and natural (which the body has much better response to) but end up being nasty as synthetic stimulants with those comedown effects where you feel weaker and depressed after it has stopped working and need to redose and it doesnt really serve well to find alternative to counter act this. its especially bad when you combine it with other stimulants like coffee or god forbid actual coke or amphs. i have ended up super psychopathic when i mixed it with other stimulants or even antidepressants. I STILL CANT FIND COUNTER ACTIVE TO THE COMEDOWN, dear lord. this is annoying!

the guy who started this thread that this is cure all, should be warned and have had the title changed. very irresponsible and dangerous!

Used Ashwaganda for many years as part of my synergistic regimen, without any stimulant effect or comedown, but rather amazing results. Stimulants or Antidepressants I do avoid though like the plague, because on their own they can indeed leave you super psychotic.

Your assessment of Ashwagandha seems a little like FDA's of Kratom, which also might cause death, but only with other dangerous drugs combined.

• dislike x 1
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#780 Jiminy Glick

• 235 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 07:34 PM

I used to take a teaspoon of ashwagandha daily, I have to get more, it is the best stress reliever I have ever had. Though I do not know how many grams that is. I have read that it is bad for gaba in your body if you take too much for too long, if you do this then your body will produce less gaba.

Edited by Jiminy Glick, 02 December 2017 - 07:37 PM.

• unsure x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ashwagandha, panic attack, anxiety

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users