* * * * - 14 votes

C60 experiments @ home

buckyball c60 fullerene buckyballs

• Please log in to reply
3585 replies to this topic

#2401 jsargent

• 28 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:49 PM

Greetings all... It's been 6 months now on C60 EVOO. A couple of weeks ago I was putting together a photo album for my son's birthday and I got to looking closely at a photo of me at Christmas of 2011. I noticed something startling. At that time I had a large age spot on my right cheek. Another on the bridge of my nose and many smaller ones on my forehead. Now, they are gone. It is quite dramatic. I have now noticed an age spot that is on the back of my left hand has faded considerably. I still have a few spots left in various places but they too seem to be fading. Goodbye lipofuscin. Any downside to dumping lipofuscin?
  • like x 1

#2402 YOLF

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:41 PM

Ok, so some people are reporting kidney pain and others are reporting good kidney function as demonstrated by blood tests. Could people be experiencing intestinal pain/discomfort? How would one know the difference?

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#2403 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 10:17 PM

Ok, so some people are reporting kidney pain and others are reporting good kidney function as demonstrated by blood tests. Could people be experiencing intestinal pain/discomfort? How would one know the difference?

People who think they have kidney pain should take a felt pen and mark the location of the pain on their body. Maybe one mark on the side and one on the front, so the intersection of the two orthogonal vectors that pass through the marks is the location of the pain as best you can determine. Then find someone who knows human anatomy, like a doctor, an EMT, or someone who's taken an anatomy course, and ask them what's located there. It's been proposed by other posters that most people don't actually know where their kidneys are. I couldn't tell you where mine are. Pains in your side might be muscular, or intestinal, or referred from somewhere else- I'd just like to eliminate as many errors as possible before more people get anxious about this and start feeling pains that are being generated by their brains. FWIW, I've had before/after standard blood tests. Nothing out of the ordinary.

#2404 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:15 AM

Greetings all... It's been 6 months now on C60 EVOO. A couple of weeks ago I was putting together a photo album for my son's birthday and I got to looking closely at a photo of me at Christmas of 2011. I noticed something startling. At that time I had a large age spot on my right cheek. Another on the bridge of my nose and many smaller ones on my forehead. Now, they are gone. It is quite dramatic. I have now noticed an age spot that is on the back of my left hand has faded considerably. I still have a few spots left in various places but they too seem to be fading. Goodbye lipofuscin. Any downside to dumping lipofuscin?

Dunno 'bout the downsides of dumping lipofuscin, but I don't think "age spots" have any connections with lipofuscin and are areas with increased melanin caused by sun exposure, AFAIK.

#2405 Andre69

• 14 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:51 AM

People who think they have kidney pain should take a felt pen and mark the location of the pain on their body. Maybe one mark on the side and one on the front, so the intersection of the two orthogonal vectors that pass through the marks is the location of the pain as best you can determine. Then find someone who knows human anatomy, like a doctor, an EMT, or someone who's taken an anatomy course, and ask them what's located there. It's been proposed by other posters that most people don't actually know where their kidneys are. I couldn't tell you where mine are. Pains in your side might be muscular, or intestinal, or referred from somewhere else- I'd just like to eliminate as many errors as possible before more people get anxious about this and start feeling pains that are being generated by their brains. FWIW, I've had before/after standard blood tests. Nothing out of the ordinary.

As of my case the pain was felt on the right front side of my belly and on my back. Kidneys are known for back pains. Also I have never before read anything negative about C60 so I wasn't expecting to feel the pain I did. But others could possibly imagine the pain I am describing because they have read it from somewhere.
Anyhow it doesn't really matter if its the kidney or the intestine or what not. To my logic pain = bad I don't think the rule "no pain no gain" applies here :P

#2406 YOLF

Posted 09 June 2013 - 01:59 AM

It may reveal something that we could understand though.

#2407 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 09 June 2013 - 02:58 AM

My biggest age spot is on my temple just inside the hairline, which was so large and virulent looking that I once worried it was cancer. But now it is rather benign looking, and faded. Not gone, but definitely better after more than 1 year of C60.

(This was such a small benefit of C60 I hadn't mentioned it before.)

#2408 jsargent

• 28 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:07 AM

My biggest age spot is on my temple just inside the hairline, which was so large and virulent looking that I once worried it was cancer. But now it is rather benign looking, and faded. Not gone, but definitely better after more than 1 year of C60.

After having talked to a doctor friend of mine, it's actually quite a substantial benefit. Age spots are indeed lipofuscin and anything that can rid our bodies of this cellular garbage is worth doing considering lipofuscin's association with nearly every age-related disease there is. Then there's the vanity factor of course. It's a lot easier looking at my mug in the mirror in the morning without all those damned age spots.
  • like x 1
  • dislike x 1

#2409 solarfingers

• 440 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:13 AM

It might not mean anything but while I was mixing my c60-oo I got some on a Cue-tip while cleaning off the spoon. I wiped some on two small growths I have on my face. It might be the placebo effect but I swear they look a bit smaller... I had my wife take photos so I can use them for a comparison in the future...
  • like x 1
  • dislike x 1

#2410 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:03 AM

After having talked to a doctor friend of mine, it's actually quite a substantial benefit. Age spots are indeed lipofuscin and anything that can rid our bodies of this cellular garbage is worth doing considering lipofuscin's association with nearly every age-related disease there is. Then there's the vanity factor of course. It's a lot easier looking at my mug in the mirror in the morning without all those damned age spots.

However, in my case, I can't definitively say it was the C60, as I also began taking reduced l-glutathione a few months ago (and NAC occasionally), so the fading of this age spot might be associated with that.

#2411 YOLF

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:06 AM

Is reduced glutathione supposed to affect age spots?

#2412 solarfingers

• 440 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 01:42 PM

I wonder if Milk Thistle will help to increase reduced l-glutathione naturally? Milk Thistle is known to detoxify the liver. Could toxins in the liver reduce the amount of available reduced l-glutathione in the body?

#2413 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 09 June 2013 - 01:47 PM

It's sold for that. One company says--

Furthermore, especially in Asia-Pacific areas, L-Glutathione Reduced has been reported to be used by humans for its whitening effect on the skin (lightening of dark acne scars, freckles, dark underarms, age spots, etc), reversing the melanin's metabolism turning dark pigmentations (eumelanin) into light pigmentations (phaeomelanin).

#2414 solarfingers

• 440 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 02:08 PM

It's sold for that. One company says--

Furthermore, especially in Asia-Pacific areas, L-Glutathione Reduced has been reported to be used by humans for its whitening effect on the skin (lightening of dark acne scars, freckles, dark underarms, age spots, etc), reversing the melanin's metabolism turning dark pigmentations (eumelanin) into light pigmentations (phaeomelanin).

Interesting... What effect if any does it have on one's hair?

#2415 zen

• 139 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:13 PM

... Age spots are indeed lipofuscin and anything that can rid our bodies of this cellular garbage is worth doing considering lipofuscin's association with nearly every age-related disease there is...

I was under impression that age spots are mostly related to melanin rather than to lipofuscin:
http://www.mayoclini...DSECTION=causes

#2416 solarfingers

• 440 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:30 PM

What is the methodology of cause? Is Glutathione clearing extracellular melanin? Would that make it another chelate?

#2417 AdamI

• 221 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:33 PM

A question does anyone here have diabetes? And did C60 affect it? Imporve it that is, found this: http://smarteconomy....tes-type-1.html

#2418 YOLF

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:48 PM

HyFn is a charismatic thing... I don't think it actually works, there just isn't enough of anything in it... Put some soot in water and you could get more C60.

Plenty of Glucometers out there though, we could start measuring blood sugar.

#2419 jsargent

• 28 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:30 PM

... Age spots are indeed lipofuscin and anything that can rid our bodies of this cellular garbage is worth doing considering lipofuscin's association with nearly every age-related disease there is...

I was under impression that age spots are mostly related to melanin rather than to lipofuscin:

From what I can determine age spots are primarily made of lipofuscin. An MD friend confirmed this. http://www.smartbrai...t-to-brain.html

http://www.immortalh...n-accumulation/
  • like x 2
  • dislike x 1

#2420 solarfingers

• 440 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:33 PM

From your link... "Age spots are a hallmark of aging. They are formed from lipofuscin—which is metabolic junk made of damaged fats, proteins and sugars that are cross-linked with each other and with metals such as iron or copper. (1, 2, 3, 4, 6)"

Tell me if I'm wrong but this strongly suggests that Glutathione is either supporting AGE breaking or is an AGE breaker...

Edited by solarfingers, 09 June 2013 - 06:35 PM.

#2421 jsargent

• 28 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:34 PM

http://www.anti-agin...heory-of-aging/

#2422 jsargent

• 28 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:40 PM

From your link... "Age spots are a hallmark of aging. They are formed from lipofuscin—which is metabolic junk made of damaged fats, proteins and sugars that are cross-linked with each other and with metals such as iron or copper. (1, 2, 3, 4, 6)"

Tell me if I'm wrong but this strongly suggests that Glutathione is either supporting AGE breaking or is an AGE breaker...

That would not surprise me. We know that L- carnosine is an AGE breaker. Problem with glutathione is it is a protein and broken down in gut to its constituent amino acids. I take NAC to boost glutathione personally.

#2423 solarfingers

• 440 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:42 PM

http://www.anti-agin...heory-of-aging/

In plain language words, lipofuscin accumulation is due to an imbalance in cell metabolic and waste-degradation functions.

So basically, we have an abundance of protein, fat and junk that cannot adequately be dealt with by proteolysis or proteolysis is becoming ineffective with old age. So, as prevention, we can seek to reduce the amount of "junk" that accumulates and encourage healthy proteolysis.

Edited by solarfingers, 09 June 2013 - 06:43 PM.

#2424 solarfingers

• 440 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:05 PM

The dark side of glutathione

"According to the European Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, a single dose of 3g of dietary glutathione taken orally has no significant clinical benefits in increasing the circulation of glutathione in the body since it can easily be digested in the stomach and is not very well absorbed in the intestines..."

"Instead of popping pills and taking IV lines, taking glutathione precursors are found to be a better solution. Healthy individuals taking 500mg of vitamin C daily were found to have a 50% increase of blood glutathione levels in their body. Alpha-lipoic acid, glutamine, methionine, and undenatured whey protein also boost glutathione in our body..."

So, it would seem prudent to take vitamin C with glutathione...

Edited by solarfingers, 09 June 2013 - 07:16 PM.

#2425 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:18 PM

From what I can determine age spots are primarily made of lipofuscin. An MD friend confirmed this. http://www.smartbrai...t-to-brain.html

http://www.immortalh...n-accumulation/

MD of what specialty? Dermatology or other? Again, I've seen no peer reviewed studies that attest 'age spots' are the result of lipofuscin accumulation. Nor do I find claims thereof in the works cited in your links.

Edited by tintinet, 09 June 2013 - 08:19 PM.

#2426 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:18 PM

It has now surprisingly been found that L-glutamine, in free amino acid form, or in the form of a physiologically acceptable L-glutamine source, ingested shortly before and during exercise is not consumed in a significant amount by the gut and therefore significantly enhances blood L-glutamine levels.

http://www.google.co...0540462A1?cl=en

#2427 solarfingers

• 440 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:10 PM

Just so I get this right... Lipofuscin is the accumulation of junk within the cell not between them. That would make L-Glutamine valuable for removing intracellular aggregates. This is valuable because cells will get so full of junk that they literally choke themselves out. In searching the Internet I came across Centrophenoxine. It seems this dandy of a supplement is good for removing lipofuscin and it's a powerful nootropic.

Centrophenoxine

#2428 clairvoyant

• 47 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:56 PM

If age spots are caused by lipofuscin then why you have them ONLY on your sun exposed body parts, but not on your white ass, for example.

BTW, thank you for the information about age spots.

Edited by clairvoyant, 09 June 2013 - 10:00 PM.

#2429 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:10 PM

I think we need to get to the bottom of this age spot = lipofuscin thing. The authoritative sources that I'm aware of are saying that age spots are just melanin. They are also called Solar Lentigines, (sing. = lentigo) a lesion characterized by hyperplasia of melanocytes. Do the spots you guys are talking about look like this? I think the blog linked above just has it wrong.

Centrophenoxine isn't active against lipofuscin.

Edit: We have a whole thread on lipofuscin. (one of at least two, probably more) See this post by Michael, and others in that thread.

Edited by niner, 09 June 2013 - 10:25 PM.

#2430 solarfingers

• 440 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:12 PM

If age spots are caused by lipofuscin then why you have them ONLY on your sun exposed body parts, but not on your white ass, for example.

BTW, thank you for the information about age spots.

Likely because the sun damages cells and their normal processes from removing the "junk" is hampered... Also you notice age spots where the skin is the thinnest, ie... The head, arms and hands.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: buckyball, c60, fullerene, buckyballs

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)