* * * * - 14 votes

C60 experiments @ home

buckyball c60 fullerene buckyballs

• Please log in to reply
3585 replies to this topic

#2461 free10

• 152 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:46 AM

C60-oo is a mitochondrial antioxidant. Check this out, with respect to burn injuries:

FASEB J. 2013 Jun;27(6):2521-30. doi: 10.1096/fj.12-220764. Epub 2013 Mar 12.
Mitochondria-targeted antioxidant promotes recovery of skeletal muscle mitochondrial function after burn trauma assessed by in vivo 31P nuclear magnetic resonance and electron paramagnetic resonance spectroscopy.
Righi V, Constantinou C, Mintzopoulos D, Khan N, Mupparaju SP, Rahme LG, Swartz HM, Szeto HH, Tompkins RG, Tzika AA.

1NMR Surgical Laboratory, Department of Surgery, Massachusetts General and Shriners Hospitals, Harvard Medical School, 51 Blossom St., Rm. 261, Boston, MA 02114, USA. atzika@hms.harvard.edu.

Burn injury causes a major systemic catabolic response that is associated with mitochondrial dysfunction in skeletal muscle. We investigated the effects of the mitochondria-targeted peptide antioxidant Szeto-Schiller 31 (SS-31) on skeletal muscle in a mouse burn model using in vivo phosphorus-31 nuclear magnetic resonance ((31)P NMR) spectroscopy to noninvasively measure high-energy phosphate levels; mitochondrial aconitase activity measurements that directly correlate with TCA cycle flux, as measured by gas chromatography mass spectrometry (GC-MS); and electron paramagnetic resonance (EPR) to assess oxidative stress. At 6 h postburn, the oxidative ATP synthesis rate was increased 5-fold in burned mice given a single dose of SS-31 relative to untreated burned mice (P=0.002). Furthermore, SS-31 administration in burned animals decreased mitochondrial aconitase activity back to control levels. EPR revealed a recovery in redox status of the SS-31-treated burn group compared to the untreated burn group (P<0.05). Our multidisciplinary convergent results suggest that SS-31 promotes recovery of mitochondrial function after burn injury by increasing ATP synthesis rate, improving mitochondrial redox status, and restoring mitochondrial coupling. These findings suggest use of noninvasive in vivo NMR and complementary EPR offers an approach to monitor the effectiveness of mitochondrial protective agents in alleviating burn injury symptoms.-Righi, V., Constantinou, C., Mintzopoulos, D., Khan, N., Mupparaju, S. P., Rahme, L. G., Swartz, H. M., Szeto, H. H., Tompkins, R. G., and Tzika, A. A. Mitochondria-targeted antioxidant promotes recovery of skeletal muscle mitochondrial function after burn trauma assessed by in vivo (31)P nuclear magnetic resonance and electron paramagnetic resonance spectroscopy.

PMID: 23482635
PMCID: PMC3659352 [Available on 2014/6/1]

So free10, it looks like you may be the first person to see this effect in a human! I have a pretty nice torch, but I think I'll pass on being the second. It's nice to know that if one of us happens to get burned, our chances of recovery are probably a lot better. Man, there is no end to the power of this stuff! It's kind of a weird feeling to know about this, like we know about a miracle drug only we can't tell anyone because they would think we were crazy...

No don't try this with a torch. It hurt both times a lot for 4 or 5 hours before subsiding to nothing. It does feel weird knowing you have seen something this happen to you, especially if you had read reports on ionizing radiation trials with this stuff and those results. Then the number of viruses it seems to harm. Seems like it screws with some cancers as well.

My view not long after that happened twice.

Let's see, if I have a heart attack then this and this and this will happen, or will it.

If I have a stroke then this and this and this will happen, or will it.

If I fractured my spine then this and this and this will happen, or will it.

If shot or stabbed then this and this and this will happen, or will it.

It makes you wonder.

#2462 Adamzski

• 674 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:38 AM

I did have a root canal done a week and a half ago, they removed the root, flushed it with antibacterials and put a temporary filling on there. I had no pai after the root canal and have not been back yet. I am not sure how common it is to have pain after root canal but the doctor said that I would have discomfort.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#2463 YOLF

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:40 AM

C60-oo is a mitochondrial antioxidant. Check this out, with respect to burn injuries:

FASEB J. 2013 Jun;27(6):2521-30. doi: 10.1096/fj.12-220764. Epub 2013 Mar 12.
Mitochondria-targeted antioxidant promotes recovery of skeletal muscle mitochondrial function after burn trauma assessed by in vivo 31P nuclear magnetic resonance and electron paramagnetic resonance spectroscopy.
Righi V, Constantinou C, Mintzopoulos D, Khan N, Mupparaju SP, Rahme LG, Swartz HM, Szeto HH, Tompkins RG, Tzika AA.

1NMR Surgical Laboratory, Department of Surgery, Massachusetts General and Shriners Hospitals, Harvard Medical School, 51 Blossom St., Rm. 261, Boston, MA 02114, USA. atzika@hms.harvard.edu.

Burn injury causes a major systemic catabolic response that is associated with mitochondrial dysfunction in skeletal muscle. We investigated the effects of the mitochondria-targeted peptide antioxidant Szeto-Schiller 31 (SS-31) on skeletal muscle in a mouse burn model using in vivo phosphorus-31 nuclear magnetic resonance ((31)P NMR) spectroscopy to noninvasively measure high-energy phosphate levels; mitochondrial aconitase activity measurements that directly correlate with TCA cycle flux, as measured by gas chromatography mass spectrometry (GC-MS); and electron paramagnetic resonance (EPR) to assess oxidative stress. At 6 h postburn, the oxidative ATP synthesis rate was increased 5-fold in burned mice given a single dose of SS-31 relative to untreated burned mice (P=0.002). Furthermore, SS-31 administration in burned animals decreased mitochondrial aconitase activity back to control levels. EPR revealed a recovery in redox status of the SS-31-treated burn group compared to the untreated burn group (P<0.05). Our multidisciplinary convergent results suggest that SS-31 promotes recovery of mitochondrial function after burn injury by increasing ATP synthesis rate, improving mitochondrial redox status, and restoring mitochondrial coupling. These findings suggest use of noninvasive in vivo NMR and complementary EPR offers an approach to monitor the effectiveness of mitochondrial protective agents in alleviating burn injury symptoms.-Righi, V., Constantinou, C., Mintzopoulos, D., Khan, N., Mupparaju, S. P., Rahme, L. G., Swartz, H. M., Szeto, H. H., Tompkins, R. G., and Tzika, A. A. Mitochondria-targeted antioxidant promotes recovery of skeletal muscle mitochondrial function after burn trauma assessed by in vivo (31)P nuclear magnetic resonance and electron paramagnetic resonance spectroscopy.

PMID: 23482635
PMCID: PMC3659352 [Available on 2014/6/1]

So free10, it looks like you may be the first person to see this effect in a human! I have a pretty nice torch, but I think I'll pass on being the second. It's nice to know that if one of us happens to get burned, our chances of recovery are probably a lot better. Man, there is no end to the power of this stuff! It's kind of a weird feeling to know about this, like we know about a miracle drug only we can't tell anyone because they would think we were crazy...

My sentiments exactly. When I try to tell my friends about it they start rolling their eyes like I'm some religious convert. I've searched my whole life for a real life-extending substance, and here it is but hardly anyone is interested. I swear to God I feel like I'm 36 instead of 56. All these years in the vitamin business trying everything under the sun and all we needed to do was purify soot and mix it with olive oil. Go figure.

Your friends and family are rolling their eyes because you haven't accepted death and aging as they have. From their perspective you're not staying true to a man's singular conviction of providence for his family. Their's is a limited view point, I'm sure many of us have our faults when it comes to things like this, but we're hardly seeing the benefits to them of what we're doing for ourselves. At 56 you probably have kids and maybe grand kids. Think of yourself as a guinea pig who is chooses supplements that may benefit their lifespans as well as yours. Your role as an explorer of potentially life extending supplements should fulfill that role as providing for family and future, but it's all how you think about it. What we need is a lifestyle and identity that goes along with these things we take to reverse/end aging. We take for granted what we're passing on to the future, but that's what we should be all about. We're passing on immortality in a real and physical sense, we're doing what used to be only relegated to wishful thinking and religious coping mechanisms! We're stepping out of that blissful safety zone like warriors for healing and health, we're doing something big that the future is going to remember in someway, even if it's just a young looking old man 500 years from now who alone remains as the sole expert on experiencing the death of friends and family due to aging and who is among a choice few who can remember what aging actually is and describe the aches he had in his bones and the ever so slow decline of cognition to the terror of his young in years audience who have only media of actors "being strong" and "not letting their age show" to answer their questions about what aging WAS! They say the novelty of such people would wear off when there are millions on them, but we have millions of celebrities now, and how many do you know? Are there enough for everyone to know one personally? No! Will a million people from one span of 70 years be enough people for for a population that has expanded into space and is now billions of people larger than it is now despite the slowing in population growth that occurs as people are healthy enough to have their kids indefinitely?

Your friends and family just don't understand what you're doing for them and for the future.
  • like x 1
  • dislike x 1

#2464 Adamzski

• 674 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:57 PM

It might not be best to try and get your friends and family on this stuff until it is proven safe at-least medium term. You may not be trying to get them to use it but getting people interested in it is much the same thing.
My Nan is 82yrs old, I was considering trying her on some but even if this is safe on its own, with older people these days on a shopping list of pills who knows what interactions there may be. Besides the health risks and possible culpability, there is the risk of making this stuff harder to get.

#2465 solarfingers

• 440 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:23 PM

Man, that does sound like stem cells at work...

Whatever happened with me and the burns is pretty strange to me. Now at first I just wrote off the initial reaction of lack of blistering and quick dying out of the pain and redness within hours as just a great antioxidant effect of the C60, but peeling back that plastic like skin a week or so later and and seeing what looked to be fully developed new skin was kind of mind blowing especially at my age. I plan on keep taking the C60 and see where it leads me and it has been about 4 months now.

If GDF-11 can regenerate almost anything in rats who knows what can be done by a single molecule or peptide.

The GDF-11 protein does look promising... There does not seem to any financially viable access to this technology however.

#2466 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:09 PM

Let's see, if I have a heart attack then this and this and this will happen, or will it.

It makes you wonder.

If I have a heart attack or a stroke, I definitely want some c60-oo on board. Not sure about spinal fractures.. I'm guessing it won't help much if shot or stabbed, although you might heal better if you survive the initial trauma.

I did have a root canal done a week and a half ago, they removed the root, flushed it with antibacterials and put a temporary filling on there. I had no pai after the root canal and have not been back yet. I am not sure how common it is to have pain after root canal but the doctor said that I would have discomfort.

Hmm. I'm in the process of getting a broken tooth capped, and have a temporary cap at the moment. It's not supposed to hurt, but it does...

Re: GDF-11, it dials down a particular cardiac hypertrophy, but I don't think it's a general curative or anything like that.

#2467 free10

• 152 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:13 PM

Man, that does sound like stem cells at work...

Whatever happened with me and the burns is pretty strange to me. Now at first I just wrote off the initial reaction of lack of blistering and quick dying out of the pain and redness within hours as just a great antioxidant effect of the C60, but peeling back that plastic like skin a week or so later and and seeing what looked to be fully developed new skin was kind of mind blowing especially at my age. I plan on keep taking the C60 and see where it leads me and it has been about 4 months now.

If GDF-11 can regenerate almost anything in rats who knows what can be done by a single molecule or peptide.

The GDF-11 protein does look promising... There does not seem to any financially viable access to this technology however.

If GDF-11 is in humans and does the same in humans, the financial side kind of goes out the window for many. It would be like paying for a completely new body and I suspect brain, and virtually all ailments/diseases eliminated, and in a matter of weeks at least in rats. Now what's that worth?? I suspect it may be available now and and may not cost a lot already, but the problem is there are too many unanswered questions, but Harvard is playing this close to the vest and has a lot of the answers on this. Let's face it turning old into young can be a nice goldmine, if or when it happens. Of course it also puts a lot other people out of business.

that a factor circulating in the blood could reverse aging in skeletal muscle and the spinal cord

http://harvardmagazi...r-found-in-mice

Or it is not just the heart.

#2468 free10

• 152 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:28 PM

It makes you wonder.

If I have a heart attack or a stroke, I definitely want some c60-oo on board. Not sure about spinal fractures.. I'm guessing it won't help much if shot or stabbed, although you might heal better if you survive the initial trauma.

Hmm. I'm in the process of getting a broken tooth capped, and have a temporary cap at the moment. It's not supposed to hurt, but it does...

Re: GDF-11, it dials down a particular cardiac hypertrophy, but I don't think it's a general curative or anything like that.

Spinal fractures cause most of the damage coming from the bleeding. No bleeding/inflammation little or no spinal cord damage and I would expect ROS and the like have a heavy role in such damage. Most things are primary damage leading to the greater secondary damage, and if the secondary damage was almost stopped then you have a whole new ball game. Kind of like with the burns. The shooting or stabbing would be also like the burns, with primary assault on tissues but then followed by an unusual bodily response if C60 was present, and the same with stroke or heart attack. As crazy as it might sound the greatest chance of survival, in a WWIII situation with everyone throwing nukes, might be C60.

#2469 solarfingers

• 440 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:41 PM

GDF-11

http://www.genetex.c...X48322-PRO.html

$300.00 for 10mg... Can this even be take by people?

#2470 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:11 AM

GDF-11

I see $300 for 20μg.

#2471 solarfingers

• 440 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:14 AM

GDF-11

I see $300 for 20μg.

I stand corrected...

#2472 jsargent

• 28 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:30 AM

First C60 evoo and now GDF-11... the future looks brighter every day! :cool:

#2473 pleb

• 462 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:34 AM

this may not be as good as it seems the article compares it to myostatin in its effect, to much myostatin in the blood is one of the things that need to be blocked or considerably reduced to stop muscle wasting in old age, so its effect on skeletal muscle needs looking at as well,,

#2474 free10

• 152 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:31 PM

this may not be as good as it seems the article compares it to myostatin in its effect, to much myostatin in the blood is one of the things that need to be blocked or considerably reduced to stop muscle wasting in old age, so its effect on skeletal muscle needs looking at as well,,

Well, that was part also of what caught my eye and got me a little excited, but not in the same way. Myostatin does seem to be a regulator to keep us from getting too strong (eating to much which would be required if stronger, or at least that's the thinking), where as GDF-11 would be a different type of regulator that may do what some of what we want.

Now, why get excited about being related to myostatin, because myostatin works and does the same think basically from mice, to dogs, to cattle, to us, so maybe GDF-11 will work for humans like it seems to be doing for mice. A second reason I saw to get excited about the myostatin comment was we can manipulated it with peptides that are fairly cheap and can be injected under the skin to block myostatin perhaps for weeks to some extent resulting in muscle gains, and those gains seem to last even after the myostatin blocker is gone. I see peptides as one of the most exciting of all possibilities for human advancements or enhancements.

Body builders who feel lucky to gain just a pound or two of muscle in a year, because of their age and the amount of muscle they have already gained are reporting 6-8-12 pounds of new muscle in weeks, of blocking partially myostatin by a single injection. These guys are already enhancing growth hormones and manipulating steroids and those are not doing much for them anymore, at their stage of the game but the peptide seems to do a lot.

I am 65 and I know my fat is increasing as my muscle decreases and I considered, in the last few months trying the myostatin shot to partially block it, to try and reverse things some..... I still haven't decided on that one yet. Just my thoughts though.

Edited by free10, 13 June 2013 - 02:35 PM.

#2475 solarfingers

• 440 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:45 PM

Are we aware of anyone who has even taken GDF-11?

#2476 YOLF

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:31 PM

People report being stronger on C60 and it doesn't affect the young as much, is there a test for myostatin?

#2477 free10

• 152 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:17 PM

Are we aware of anyone who has even taken GDF-11?

No, I think this is too new on the news that it might reverse aging to some extent. I mean the lead researcher didn't think it would have any effect on the heart, but it did and this was just recently published.

#2478 free10

• 152 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:27 PM

People report being stronger on C60 and it doesn't affect the young as much, is there a test for myostatin?

Not exactly stronger more like better endurance/energy, which could lead to better strength. Of course the olive oil can create more testosterone in the body, but as little as most of us take and only every so often I am not sure that would elevate it at all. C60 in olive oil is doing some strange things I think and C60 has done some in water injections as well.

I have no idea on if there is a myostatin test and have not heard or read about, to be more accurate, anyone mention one. The body builders are talking really about the injectable blockers and their effects they are seeing. I think one is HMP and the other is follistatin

Edited by free10, 13 June 2013 - 05:31 PM.

#2479 Adamzski

• 674 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:58 PM

follistatin? I looked a little at the BB forums but can not make a conclusion. Is it worth taking a 10 day cycle of this stuff? I have seen reports of 10 pound muscle gains that last for life, I would see that as worth it.

#2480 Adamzski

• 674 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:08 PM

LOL I seen this on one of those forums

You gotta eat like your a somalian refugee man. Folli will keep you lean and you'll gain weight like a mofo, but you gotta eat...eat...eat.

I gained 10lbs on Folli in just a week, but I ate 5000 cals/day. I went to bed full and bloated, but woke up ripped. If you don't eat like a starved madman, you won't gain any weight. It isn't magically going to put the weight on you, you have to have the cals to support the weight gain.

Now get up...go to the fridge...and empty that motherfucker!

Sounds promising! I know from previous experience that pushing the boundaries of your muscle makes makes it much easier in the future to get back to that point. It only takes me a few weeks to get back to 80% of my peak level of several years ago.
  • like x 1

#2481 free10

• 152 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:43 PM

follistatin? I looked a little at the BB forums but can not make a conclusion. Is it worth taking a 10 day cycle of this stuff? I have seen reports of 10 pound muscle gains that last for life, I would see that as worth it.

Follistatin is just one way to go to restrict myostatin somewhat. There are others

http://www.ergo-log....statinclen.html

#2482 free10

• 152 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:55 PM

You gotta eat like your a somalian refugee man. Folli will keep you lean and you'll gain weight like a mofo, but you gotta eat...eat...eat.

I gained 10lbs on Folli in just a week, but I ate 5000 cals/day. I went to bed full and bloated, but woke up ripped. If you don't eat like a starved madman, you won't gain any weight. It isn't magically going to put the weight on you, you have to have the cals to support the weight gain.

Sounds promising! I know from previous experience that pushing the boundaries of your muscle makes makes it much easier in the future to get back to that point. It only takes me a few weeks to get back to 80% of my peak level of several years ago.

What I wonder about is what effect you might see, if you don't workout hard or add other muscle building ingredients while suppressing it. The mice, dogs, and cattle are genetically altered to do away with all myostatin and you can see how ripped they are without extra exercise or other substances. There is also reports of kids without the myostatin gene and their super strength they have "naturally". It is an interesting subject to say the least, or we live in interesting times.

I myself would not want much more than moderate gains of muscle because I have always understood that I can only throw a rock so far, but my mind can put men or machines into deep space.

#2483 Adamzski

• 674 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:59 PM

wow they are really some jacked up looking mice in the pics on that page!

#2484 markymark

• 188 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:59 PM

People !
although there will always be some "crossroads" towards other supplementstories such as myostatin, GDF-11, PQQ, lithium, etc. which might have some connection to -/ with c60, shouldn't we focus the postings in *this* longest (and so valuable) c60-oo thread on earth more back to c60 and its physicochemical effects. The tiltle is: C60 experiments @ home ;-) !
mm

Edited by markymark, 13 June 2013 - 07:02 PM.

• like x 2

#2485 zorba990

• 1,602 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:13 PM

Are there any reports of tendon issues with Follistatin usage? I remember this being reported with myostatin blockers, but I assumed it was an error because it was with gene therapy that was 'switched on' by an antibiotic (so I assumed the antibiotic was to blame for the tendon issues -- but that might not be correct).

#2486 Adamzski

• 674 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:46 PM

I am reading reports of tendon injuries and weakness with Follistatin usage. I think heavily Juiced dudes are close to the edge already so this may be only a problem if you are a really serious BBer and on everything.

And yes I think talk of C60 only is what is best in this thread.

I will start to update my C60 log thread with my daily doses and observations.

#2487 pleb

• 462 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:28 PM

i realise this is off topic for C60, but had to comment, i have always been skinny i started ACE031 and IGF 1 long 3 about 6 weeks ago
the ACE is recommended to be injected 500mcg every 2 weeks (by the guy that invented it) and lasts in the body 10 to12 days, i take extra Whey protein although i don't eat large meals,and have increased my muscle mass by about 50 to 60 percent, actually 8 weeks in total with two off to allow the igf receptors to recover,,and i haven't done weights or exercise, this was purely a personal experiment to see if it works , i

follistatin has been reported to cause the problems mentioned but works on a slightly different pathway to ace which has not shown the same brittle ligament problems, personally i think uping the amount of ace to 1mlg every two weeks would be better or 500mcg every week it needs at least a 40 to 60 percent reduction in myostatin for it to be fully effective,
both ACE and follistatin were developed to help kids with muscular Dystrophy

Edited by pleb, 13 June 2013 - 08:42 PM.

#2488 solarfingers

• 440 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 08:42 PM

I think I'll let my c60 mix another week for a total of three weeks... :)

Edited by solarfingers, 13 June 2013 - 08:42 PM.

#2489 smithx

• 1,433 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:29 AM

I convinced a friend with an old, low energy dog to try C60 on it. We ordered 30mg from carbon60oliveoil (which is now only $21... super cheap!).

For anyone here who's had good results on a dog: what dosage did you use, and how long did it take for the effects to be noticeable?

#2490 YOLF

Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:22 AM

C60 old dogs topic:
http://www.longecity...-works-wonders/

Turnbuckle also reports the effects of C60 on his dogs here:
http://www.longecity...769-turnbuckle/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: buckyball, c60, fullerene, buckyballs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users