buckyball c60 fullerene buckyballs

• Please log in to reply
3585 replies to this topic

#2521 solarfingers

solarfingers
  • 440 posts
  • 40 â‚®

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:38 PM

Some people don't respond to C60 as well as others, smoking weed cleared up some of the troubles I was having with C60.

What problems did you have with c60-oo that required cannibals to fix? Or are you just saying that everything's better with cannibus? :)

#2522 pleb

pleb
  • 462 posts
  • 47 â‚®

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:46 PM

the guys a lune he's best ignored,
  • like x 5

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#2523 Adamzski

Adamzski
  • 674 posts
  • 58 â‚®

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:48 PM

LOL I will be back in AU for a few weeks soon so I can give an objective overview of how weed may be different while using C60. It is possible. I'm not sure if anyone has used anything like coke,MDMA or trips while using C60. Is there any reason to think there would be any changes to how drugs affect ppls?

#2524 niner

niner
  • 16,276 posts
  • 1,999 â‚®

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:11 PM

LOL I will be back in AU for a few weeks soon so I can give an objective overview of how weed may be different while using C60. It is possible. I'm not sure if anyone has used anything like coke,MDMA or trips while using C60. Is there any reason to think there would be any changes to how drugs affect ppls?

For psychedelics, my guess would be probably no difference. I couldn't guarantee anything, though. We know that it changes our response to alcohol, that's been widely noted, but alcohol is a pretty special case, I think. Ethanol is a very small molecule that diffuses throughout the body and probably acts in a variety of physical ways as well as more classic receptor-mediated effects. I would look for c60 interactions with something like nitrous oxide or other gaseous highs. Maybe I should pick up a can of whipped cream and run that experiment... (for the good of science...) Let us know if you make any startling discoveries, and don't hurt yourself.

#2525 Adamzski

Adamzski
  • 674 posts
  • 58 â‚®

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:00 PM

I think I would be a good judge of the C60's changes to the effects of alcohol, I cant say it has changed anything drastically. Nothing too out of the ordinary, I can't say for sure that C60 makes me more or less drunk, faster slower or decreases or lengthens the time that I am drunk. Last night I did not sleep and drank about 2L of beer over 4 or 5 hours, I felt like I had a lot of energy this morning, its 6:50am here. I did sleep close to 24hrs the previous day after staying awake for about the same time and sleeping not so much (5-7hrs) the previous days to this. The only thing that is 100% certain for me is that it allows me to sleep longer.

And I most probably will have a little weed in AU but there is only a very slim chance I will be in a situation where MDMA is on the menu. Weed usually makes me paranoid, I know its effects very well after being a long term smoker in my early 20's

#2526 YOLF

YOLF
  • 8,249 posts
  • 1,169 â‚®
  • ✔

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:16 PM

Not trying to hijack or anything here, but I started a thread regarding a new product I came across called BioZoom which purports to be a $200 spectrometer that can measure a variety of things. Thread is here:
http://www.longecity...treverse-aging/

It would be interesting to see many of your thoughts on it and get an idea of how or if it could be used to provide test data for C60 users.

Contact them as an advertiser for the forum? Our supplement users could be a great market for them depending on how useful their product is and how much they can/will cater to our needs.

#2527 solarfingers

solarfingers
  • 440 posts
  • 40 â‚®

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:42 AM

Well, I took the plunge and took 7.5mg/6ml of c60-EVoo once I got home. It did have a quick burning feeling but went away quickly. I dropped it straight into the back of my throat. I'm taking another 6ml in the morning and then heading off on a road trip. I sure hope I don't get the runs. I'll report back if anything interesting happens today. Else, I will have to report at the end of next week.

#2528 anagram

anagram
  • 339 posts
  • -29 â‚®

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:51 AM

Well, I took the plunge and took 7.5mg/6ml of c60-EVoo once I got home. It did have a quick burning feeling but went away quickly. I dropped it straight into the back of my throat. I'm taking another 6ml in the morning and then heading off on a road trip. I sure hope I don't get the runs. I'll report back if anything interesting happens today. Else, I will have to report at the end of next week.

Although I have never gotten runs from using C60-oo, From internet observation I assume its a rare phenomenon?

#2529 YOLF

YOLF
  • 8,249 posts
  • 1,169 â‚®
  • ✔

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:01 AM

You could take it with food solar, I regularly use around 5-10ml of OO on my food without getting any kind of "runs."

@anagram:
Cocaine? It's would be measured in ng or mcg though...
http://www.longecity...fits-group-buy/

#2530 Chupo

Chupo
  • 321 posts
  • 230 â‚®

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:27 AM

Although I have never gotten runs from using C60-oo, From internet observation I assume its a rare phenomenon?

Wait till you've tried C60-castor oil!

#2531 pleb

pleb
  • 462 posts
  • 47 â‚®

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:32 AM

LOL or C60 and syrup of figs,

#2532 Andre69

Andre69
  • 14 posts
  • -1 â‚®

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:41 PM

Has anyone had a look at this?http://2011symp.umriskcenter.org/symposium-posters/assessment-of-the-entry-and-toxicity-of-c60-fullerenes-in-cells/

C60 is very interesting I can't wait for the other in vivo studies that will follow!

#2533 Adamzski

Adamzski
  • 674 posts
  • 58 â‚®

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:12 PM

This really is a powerful thing, not just another sup. Hopefully someone can look over that study.

In my building here I have a woman employed in cancer research, they are working on destroying cancer stem cells.

Im learning so much from talking with her and getting a slight grasp on this high level stuff.

I have talked with her about C60, hehe she spoke to her head researcher about telomere length and he said about the mice study that was spoken about here and does not think telomere length has a whole lot to do with aging. The guy is very surprised to know that there are people taking C60 out in the wild.. he said it would be best to not take this at all as there is so many good or bad ways that it could have effects on the body but if a person was crazy enough to take it and did see some benefits then they should stop before the body re-regulates the various mechanisms back to baseline. The woman is Korean with maybe 50% english ability and I have about 50% Korean ability but I see what he was saying.

#2534 niner

niner
  • 16,276 posts
  • 1,999 â‚®

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:44 AM

Has anyone had a look at this?http://2011symp.umriskcenter.org/symposium-posters/assessment-of-the-entry-and-toxicity-of-c60-fullerenes-in-cells/

C60 is very interesting I can't wait for the other in vivo studies that will follow!

Well, this particular one is from 2011. It's looking at aggregates, which is pretty common in the toxicology world. C60-oo is a molecular species, so it's a pretty different animal. We all feel the same about in vivo followup studies. The sooner the better.

#2535 niner

niner
  • 16,276 posts
  • 1,999 â‚®

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:52 AM

In my building here I have a woman employed in cancer research, they are working on destroying cancer stem cells.

Im learning so much from talking with her and getting a slight grasp on this high level stuff.

I have talked with her about C60, hehe she spoke to her head researcher about telomere length and he said about the mice study that was spoken about here and does not think telomere length has a whole lot to do with aging. The guy is very surprised to know that there are people taking C60 out in the wild.. he said it would be best to not take this at all as there is so many good or bad ways that it could have effects on the body but if a person was crazy enough to take it and did see some benefits then they should stop before the body re-regulates the various mechanisms back to baseline. The woman is Korean with maybe 50% english ability and I have about 50% Korean ability but I see what he was saying.

I guess if I'd never heard of Baati, and hadn't done any literature research on c60, I'd probably say that too. Call me crazy, but I think I'll stick with it. I wouldn't be surprised if there was some down-regulation of endogenous antioxidant defenses, but Baati tells us that it's still a win if you go with c60 instead of Motha' Nature.... Just don't get caught empty-handed in a world where c60 is suddenly made illegal.

#2536 Adamzski

Adamzski
  • 674 posts
  • 58 â‚®

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:28 AM

Yep I'm not interested in making it myself right now but when I get some cash in I will buy about $200 worth of the raw material just in case.

There could be a crackdown on research substances that C60 gets caught up in if these BB'ers keep finding peptides that give them cancer or the NWO and reptilian overlords decide to keep it for themselves.

I said to her about life extension and hehe she said "if it could extend life wouldn't people be already using it?" I guess some people get into research as just another 9-5 job.

#2537 taho

taho
  • 51 posts
  • 14 â‚®

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:11 AM

I said to her about life extension and hehe she said "if it could extend life wouldn't people be already using it?" I guess some people get into research as just another 9-5 job.

That goes against that whole "I will die. Let's not think about that, mkay? Everybody that thinks they can beat the grim reaper is in denial and crazy, thus best ignored" mindset.

But yes, it is crazy to take C60. It's mainly used to make flexible solar cells. It's "unnatural" thus "must be toxic". Only crazy people take stuff that could possibly kill them. They are doctors. They work from the different mindset. They know in how many ways your body could fail. They treat sick people all the time always trying for the least bad result. To give some otherwise healthy person a non-tested substance that could possibly make him very ill is not something they do. They know the results of many of such attempts of self-medication. They get to treat them when they show up ill because of that kind of actions. So, yes, anybody taking C60oo is crazy and should wait untill it is tested and it's effects are known.

And yes, I also think there is some down-regulation going on. I have a hunch that this could possibly be countered somewhat with resveratrol, curcumin, EGCG, metformin, sulforphane or some other substance. Time, more data, better theories and lots of tests will tell us what is really going on.

Edited by taho, 28 June 2013 - 03:21 AM.

#2538 anagram

anagram
  • 339 posts
  • -29 â‚®

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:41 AM

A personal Perspective from Anagram: I mega enjoyed using C60 for its huge calming effects however taking it in concentrated oil form was an action and decision which I believe came from the mad scientist experimenter area of the brain. HynC60 is the only C60 I would use, but its way to expensive for illegitimate personal experimenter types like myself whom cannot afford more than 5g's of mixed fullerene.

Edited by anagram, 28 June 2013 - 03:42 AM.

#2539 YOLF

YOLF
  • 8,249 posts
  • 1,169 â‚®
  • ✔

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:46 AM

Yep I'm not interested in making it myself right now but when I get some cash in I will buy about $200 worth of the raw material just in case.

There could be a crackdown on research substances that C60 gets caught up in if these BB'ers keep finding peptides that give them cancer or the NWO and reptilian overlords decide to keep it for themselves.

The "if it worked people would already be taking it" is a canned response. I think this account is evidence of that. It hasn't been around long enough to know what it does or if it could extend life, but it certainly could. She's definitely not giving the literature much of a read or taking the date and circumstances of the publication into account, but in her case, if she were to read everything, she wouldn't get her work done. We need medical librarians that just read this stuff all day in libraries full of reports/studies/clinicals to advise on this stuff to doctors and other researchers. I'm sure there is a liability aspect to the statement as well. The pharma companies or other data people probably help docs with canned statements for all kinds of info and they are therefor liable. It could also be that since supplement recommendations aren't written down in the patient records and there is no/little/or potentially no paper trail, it represents other risks. More recommendations statistically means more complaints. If you recommend supplements, esp where they are safer alternatives, you run the risk of having more complaints per recorded prescription and the numbers would look pretty bad. The later half of that argument is purely speculation, but it may be accurate or at least occur at some level. The last thing is docs have more info when it comes to pharmaceuticals and feel that they are more predictable. The information available to find solutions to side effects and the like is also more readily available and there are people who are trained to take care of these things. On the other hands, the supplement industry for the most part lacks these fail safe experts.

I'd like to see to see such an industry be developed.

Edited by cryonicsculture, 28 June 2013 - 03:47 AM.

#2540 YOLF

YOLF
  • 8,249 posts
  • 1,169 â‚®
  • ✔

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:58 AM

That goes against that whole "I will die. Let's not think about that, mkay? Everybody that thinks they can beat the grim reaper is in denial and crazy, thus best ignored" mindset.

But yes, it is crazy to take C60. It's mainly used to make flexible solar cells. It's "unnatural" thus "must be toxic". Only crazy people take stuff that could possibly kill them. They are doctors. They work from the different mindset. They know in how many ways your body could fail. They treat sick people all the time always trying for the least bad result. To give some otherwise healthy person a non-tested substance that could possibly make him very ill is not something they do. They know the results of many of such attempts of self-medication. They get to treat them when they show up ill because of that kind of actions. So, yes, anybody taking C60oo is crazy and should wait untill it is tested and it's effects are known.

And yes, I also think there is some down-regulation going on. I have a hunch that this could possibly be countered somewhat with resveratrol, curcumin, EGCG, metformin, sulforphane or some other substance. Time, more data, better theories and lots of tests will tell us what is really going on.

I think something that isn't immediately apparent, is that C60 is a natural form and we've been taking in very small amounts of in since we first started cooking our food.The body has natural ways to handle it if it is in fact a toxin. The only counter to this is that it is only C60EVOO that works. C60 has alot of other effects besides life extension as we now know. What if we were to buy some raw material and add it to a variety of other oils to determine whether the effects are the same and also choose oils in relationship to EVOO's constituents so if it is only some constituents that can be combined for positive results we'll figure out which one and be able to determine which component of the oil we need and what not to include to achieve higher potency.

#2541 taho

taho
  • 51 posts
  • 14 â‚®

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:38 AM

I think something that isn't immediately apparent, is that C60 is a natural form and we've been taking in very small amounts of in since we first started cooking our food.The body has natural ways to handle it if it is in fact a toxin. The only counter to this is that it is only C60EVOO that works. C60 has alot of other effects besides life extension as we now know. What if we were to buy some raw material and add it to a variety of other oils to determine whether the effects are the same and also choose oils in relationship to EVOO's constituents so if it is only some constituents that can be combined for positive results we'll figure out which one and be able to determine which component of the oil we need and what not to include to achieve higher potency.

Yes, C60 can be found in nature. There are reports that the Russian army in the 18th century used minerals containing small amounts of C60 to purify water. If anything, that would make me uneasy about its benign nature, since for it to do that, it would have to kill bacteria in some way. But if we concentrate on C60 that is made by burning carbon we must remember that we are talking about very small amounts and probably not very transportable, to make a big system wide affect, especially if you need it to be bound to fatty acids to make the body transport it around. If anything, inhaling it would probably be an irritant and the body has already ways to get rid of inhaled irritants in the lungs.

I don’t think our body has evolved any specific way in which it handles C60. I don’t think it matters what kind of fatty acid it is, as long as it is carried around. Maybe the Omega-3 kind (DHA and EPA) would be deposited elsewhere (maybe preferably to the brain and neurons) and this could probably be tested. As far as the toxicity is concerned; I think it’s not as much as molecule itself that would be problematic as it would be it’s effects on the system (the body) itself through disregulation of hormesis. Since this is very hypothetical, I will expand on it in the topic that is more of a hypothetical nature, cancer and things like that.

Edited by taho, 28 June 2013 - 11:40 AM.

#2542 clairvoyant

clairvoyant
  • 47 posts
  • 25 â‚®

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:23 PM

This study shows that C60 can get into the nucleus of the cell!

Edited by clairvoyant, 29 June 2013 - 09:24 PM.

#2543 niner

niner
  • 16,276 posts
  • 1,999 â‚®

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:34 AM

This study shows that C60 can get into the nucleus of the cell!

This study looks at aggregates, not a molecular species bound to one or more fatty acids, which is what we are using. Be that as it may, I would imagine that the c60-fatty acid adduct gets into the nuclear membrane to at least some extent. Do we have reason to believe that this would be harmful? Empirically, it doesn't seem to be a problem.

#2544 solarfingers

solarfingers
  • 440 posts
  • 40 â‚®

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:40 PM

I would think that after a year of consuming c60-oo, the people who have been taking it would have already found that there were negative side affects from it if it were so. Few and relatively minor side affects have been noted.

Well, it's been five days since my initial 15mg dosage. I can't say that I felt anything particularly. This is mostly because I am a relatively healthy 52 year old to begin with. I have been driving for five days and I can say that I didn't feel fatigued at all. I still have trouble getting to sleep at nite. I think this has more to do with the mega-dosing of L-Carnosine however and had this problem before starting the c60-oo.

I did incur a very bad knife cut to my right index finger two days ago. There is no sign of infection and it is healing relatively fast. I don't think it is my imagination when I say I believe the c60-oo has something to do with this.

#2545 trying2survive

trying2survive
  • 51 posts
  • 40 â‚®
  • ✔

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:13 PM

Hi, I'm 47 and been self experimenting with C60-OO since March 2013. I take approx. 1.5ml/day. So far so good, no noticeable side-effects. I feel good but I since I take a handful of supplements, I'm unable to attribute to C60. I do think my hair seems healthier.

#2546 smithx

smithx
  • 1,437 posts
  • 453 â‚®

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:07 AM

I convinced my friend to give his 13 year old Australian Shepard C60 olive oil two weeks ago.

This dog was extremely aged, wouldn't get up to take walks, didn't move very much, and really seemed to be on his last legs.

My friend started giving him the olive oil on bread, but has only given him a few drops at a time. Over 3/4 is left in the 1 ounce bottle. But there have already been remarkable changes.

The dog now chases people and other dogs around, as he used to. He's been humping other dogs when they go out, a first in at least a year. And he's been jumping on people again.

Yes, this dog is kind of a jerk. But still, it's a good test for C60. He had been extremely low activity in the last couple of years and is now back to the way he was over a year ago. He still has not jumped into the station wagon back door as he used to, but that may still happen before all of the 1 ounce is gone. I'll write an update if there's more news.

This is the first first-hand evidence I've seen that C60 works, and it's really remarkable.
  • like x 1

#2547 markymark

markymark
  • 188 posts
  • 18 â‚®
  • NO

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:58 AM

Turnbuckle writes somewhere in his Longecity profile area: "Ligaments don't improve as fast as endurance and are prone to injury. So just because you can now run twice as far or lift twice as much, don't. Best work into it slowly."

This is what could have happend to me: Being in the 5th month of using 30 mg/month one of my achilles tendons slowly became irritated, which makes me to pause my weekly jogging rounds for 8 weeks now. Before that, my finishing time had improoved a lot (I wrote about this elsewhere in this forum), which to me was clearly one of the positive effects, we hear about in this forum.
However, logic says that other factors could come into play and also, that both achilles tendons should be affected, more or less. But it is only one side.
In any case I felt to underline Turnbuckles statement above as an info for all sporty people on C60. Otherwise I feel very good, still ;-).

#2548 YOLF

YOLF
  • 8,249 posts
  • 1,169 â‚®
  • ✔

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:49 PM

Turnbuckle writes somewhere in his Longecity profile area: "Ligaments don't improve as fast as endurance and are prone to injury. So just because you can now run twice as far or lift twice as much, don't. Best work into it slowly."

This is what could have happend to me: Being in the 5th month of using 30 mg/month one of my achilles tendons slowly became irritated, which makes me to pause my weekly jogging rounds for 8 weeks now. Before that, my finishing time had improoved a lot (I wrote about this elsewhere in this forum), which to me was clearly one of the positive effects, we hear about in this forum.
However, logic says that other factors could come into play and also, that both achilles tendons should be affected, more or less. But it is only one side.
In any case I felt to underline Turnbuckles statement above as an info for all sporty people on C60. Otherwise I feel very good, still ;-).

I've been worrying about my achilles tendons since having complaints about them in high school. I've always been careful, and have never damaged them beyond their regular capacity to recover thankfully and the best answer I've found is to run in a square! The elipsoidal tracks and turning on streets are killer on your tendons. These days, when I run, I do it on the street and slow down to a momentary stop when I come to a turn and then step softly at a 90 degree angle into the direction of the next street. It's easier to do this if you run on the outside walkway of your "loop."

I also run using a cheap pair of crocs. The only shoe I've found to offer as much comfort and make my knees hurt less are the Nike Icarus line IIRC. But they cost several times more than crocs but have shorter life expectancy as your supposed to replace running shoes every two months. If I was a pro or a rich man, I'd go with Icarus, otherwise croc w/ socks and the back strap work remarkably well for a year or more and can be put in the washer with your clothes when they need to be cleaned.

After suggesting to my mother for years that she should try crocs for all of her feet problems and being told she gets special perscription shoes and inserts that are better she finally gave a pair of garage sale crocs a try and she's filling her closet up with them...

My granny used tell us all that she tried crocs and they weren't that good, but at the same time she'd always say how good of a deal she got buying the generic crocs looking shoes that aren't actually made from the same material. So no matter what you've heard, I really suggest you give them a try. There are alot of look alikes made from standard pool foam that don't provide cushioning for impact running.
  • like x 1
  • dislike x 1

#2549 markymark

markymark
  • 188 posts
  • 18 â‚®
  • NO

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:19 AM

Thx cyonics for these infos.
I just wanted to underline that we should be cautious with the beneficial effect of c60-oo on muscle and endurance and should not overdue it. It makes perfect sense that the more bradytrophic tendon tissue might be miffed about the increased workload. Hopefully tendons catch up with muscle tissue after a while....
I will take a look at the crocs. When my achill tendon is hopefully better, I will start running with an new pair of "New Balance" shoes. Meanwhile I do biking to replace the cardio. No problem with achilles tendon during biking. And, needless to say that (under C60), I improved my uphill time on my usual course significantly.
mm

#2550 ambivalent

ambivalent
  • 749 posts
  • 168 â‚®
  • NO

Posted 07 August 2013 - 05:01 PM

A little while ago I forwarded the idea of measuring the efficacy of c60 through controlled, repeatable injuries. Although there were some patterns amidst the scattering of anecdotal evidence it seemed healing rates offered a more readily testable, verifiable and rather material short-term effect of c60oo. However, unsurprisingly perhaps, no one appeared to bathe in my enthusiasm. So I was to plough a lonely furrow.

I’m not nor ever have been particularly mindful of injuries; I certainly wouldn’t trust in my own subjective judgement of an injury which appeared to heal differently or quickly. So to ascertain c60oo’s healing powers upon some wound, I’d need a control. The nominated injury was a burn, located on my left arm administered by an iron!.

Terming the initial burn ‘control’ rather presupposes the injuries which follow; unfortunately, the first of the subsequent burns was, how shall I say, qualitatively different from the control. The third however, I felt, closely resembled the control-burn.

Initially, the burn seemed rather moderate. My responsive snapshot judgement was one of ‘that’s not gonna get the job done’ (I did say I wasn’t mindful of injuries) - so I superimposed another one, with slightly extended contact. Then I realised, of course, I’d clumsily set the control as two burns, one on top of the other: deep joy. Nevertheless, there wasn’t much to it, a little discomfort, mainly tingling, but not such a measure of pain which would ordinarily send me scrambling to the medicine cabinet in search of burn cream.

There was no blistering and unsurprisingly little to report on the healing process; it was, I suppose, fairly linear and healed very well. The images taken were after 1 hour, 4 hours, then at 24-hour intervals, respectively.

The only notable distinction between experimental conditions occurring during the respective post-burn periods involved taking a fair amount of allicin in a bid to keep my tooth infection at bay (I believe fairly early on during the control, though I’m not sure when). Allicin is listed as beneficial to the immune system in several ways, I’m assuming a strengthened immune system would've helped the healing rate of the burn. In addition, another potentially confounding factor occurred on day 1 of the control-burn: while transferring c60oo into smaller containers I unfortunately managed to transfer some to my fingers (having never previously taken any up until this point), so perhaps some c60oo entered my system topologically.

The photographs, I felt, intensified the redness of the burn causing the burn to appear fresher than it appeared to the naked eye, seemingly effected by the light paper used to timestamp each image for reference and/or simply the variable ambient lighting.

In some instances, to emphasize the contrast, I took photographs without the paper.

No battle-plan survives first contact with the enemy!

It was my intention to measure c60’s efficacy (through control comparison) on burns in the first instance with c60 entering the system post-burn and then subsequently with c60 present pre-burn. In addition, I thought it prudent to wait four hours after the first wound before ingesting the c60. This was purely to facilitate like for like comparisons with the control images. It was conceivable (to me) c60 might’ve acted rapidly, accelerated the healing process and potentially creating the illusion of a weaker injury, and so appearing to invalidate any direct comparison with the control. Naturally, this was a potential problem with post-c60 burn comparisons.

Unfortunately, this plan didn’t materialise. I botched the burns - the burn not only covered twice the surface area, it also felt significantly worse than the control: it was overcooked. Since it was perfectly clear after one hour that like for like control-comparisons were not going materialise there seemed little purpose in waiting a further 3 hours forthe c60oo: they were obviously going to be different and this was already evident from the photos taken. If it heals quicker than (or even comparably to) the control then great, it would clearly indicate an effect. In addition, I wanted to get the purported c60 healing underway as I was a little unsure of the risk of scarring and it was somewhat painful.

So after 1 hour I took approximately 2 mg of c60oo. It seemed the pain decreased afterwards, but as I said I’m not mindful of these things in general, and naturally, placebos lay claim to a strong foothold in the domain of pain relief.

Four hours after the bungled, pre-c60 burn, followed another attempt to create a carbon-copy of the control burn. Despite a very noticeable and understandable hesitation, my nerve held and I felt the application was a success in both feel and appearance. There was little subsequent discomfort and only the sharp fleeting pain expected when an iron touches the skin!.

I visited a friend on day 1 of both trials, a reluctant and somewhat disapproving witness, in order to provide some objectivity beyond the camera and my subjective monitoring which gave birth to the new adage: watch burn never heals. In that evening my recollection is one of a lack of pain and a surprising lack of discomfort when I ran my finger over the wound. In fact it seemed from memory more tender a couple of days later. Naturally, that could be trick of the mind.

It was day 2 that I felt things seemed odd - the burns were much redder, in fact little difference in texture between the two injuries. The post-c60 injury should have benefitted in comparison through both the lower severity of the wound and the attendance in the body of c60 at the time of the burn. However, this certainly wasn’t apparent in appearance. I thought it so strange I showed it to my objective observer and he was surprised and instinctively thought it looked worse - and commented that the control and c60 burns had looked similar on day 1(s).

Without the control I probably would have thought ‘this is a bit odd, but well maybe this how burns heal’ and just ignored it. However, with both the experience and reference of the control there was clearly the appearance of a divergence in the of healing mechanism - I’d imagined c60 might spur the body into rattling through the healing-states I’d witnessed through the control in double-quick time. After 4 days I was somewhat concerned. My ignorance-absolute of the workings of the human body afforded me the dubious luxury to speculate wildly as to what was afoot. My wound, it seemed, resembled to me not a work in process, but rather an abandoned worksite: littled appeared to have changed in days. This job it seemed had been outsourced; when these ephemeral contractors ended their shift, no reinforcements followed, all that were left were the indigenous repairmen, staring at eachother with shrugged shoulders, exasperating ‘well I don’t know how to finish it, you?!’ [ok, well I’ve subsequently they were likely ever-present]

With slightly more grounded thinking I wondered, if there were less nerves further up the arm inducing perhaps a greater tolerance to the exposure and thereby lead to more extensive wounds, accounting for a different healing response from the body. But still the post c-60 wound didn’t appear any worse than the control at the time. I also then pondered whether, with the pre-c60 wound, a threshold of sorts was reached precipitating a different mechanism of healing and somehow due to its proximity to the pre-c60 wound the post-c60 healing mechanism was induced into healing similarly. That sounded unlikely and inefficient. The wounds on the face of it resembled birthmarks - it was very strange.

After 7 days the skin peeled a bit revealing pinker skin, but not the baby-skin I’d imagined free1 had unmasked a couple of weeks after a rather severe burn, it was sore and not aesthetically pleasing. At this point I decided to start with some dosing of c60 which lasted the best part of a week. I dosed twice a day, the dose in the beginning averaged around 0.5 mg and then proceeded to 1 mg day.

It felt as though in the beginning the healing improved after the administration of c60 but that observation could be born out of the imagination too.

Anyhow, there is little to report now except that the skin looks quite healthy and feels soft but it is quite pink and doesn’t go well with the rest of the decor. A tiny red dot has emerged which hopefully is apparent on the pictures.

Well with c60 the healing process is, here, clearly longer, but it is also different. In principle I’m prepared to try another variant, such as continuous dosing from start to finish or perhaps higher dosing if there is some merit in it. However, I’d rather wait and see what happens to these guys before embarking on a similar venture. And the other notable observation was there appeared little or no gain in c60s being present at the time rather than arriving late on the scene.

[Images will follow later today, it is overkill, several dozen in fact, but they are small files, so it shouldn’t take more than a couple of posts to display them; however I feel a little uneasy posting so many of these images and on such a popular thread - I’m happy to post to another or start a fresh thread]

Thanks for reading.

Edited by ambivalent, 07 August 2013 - 05:44 PM.

• like x 2

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: buckyball, c60, fullerene, buckyballs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users