NSI-189

nsi-189

• Please log in to reply
6219 replies to this topic

#3931 Ovi

• 9 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 12:11 PM

Note that it also says

A new chemical entity with novel mechanism of action, molecular target yet unknown, but not mediated by SSRI or SNRI or by BDNF release or via any known GPCRs, kinases, or channels.

#3932 Omega 3 Snake Oil

• 257 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 March 2016 - 04:25 PM

So two nights ago, after I was in the ER, I was feeling a bit better and managed a good night's sleep without taking sleep meds. This was frankly astonishing, hasn't happened for me in over a year. What I put together is that after the NSIs half life of roughly 20 hours I gradually came back to normal and maybe even saw some kind of benefit.

Yesterday I felt great until about 2 PM, then a slight return of symptoms. Just before bed, so around 11 I had a glass of kefhir (like liquid yogurt) and the symptoms got a lot worse, headache, malaise, muscle twitching, etc. Couldn't sleep whatsoever.

Could the calcium in the kefhir be adding to whatever lingering effects, triggering something? It's all I can figure at this point

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3933 Heisenburger

• 478 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 06:36 PM

If I had to bet money on it, I would say it was just coincidental. A reaction between NSI-189 and yogurt seems a bit of a stretch. Keep us posted; we’re all interested in how this resolves, and hope for a favorable outcome for you.        

• Agree x 2

#3934 Omega 3 Snake Oil

• 257 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 March 2016 - 07:19 PM

I can't stress enough that there is a clear connection between calcium intake and the sudden onset of headache, disorientation, loss of muscle control, paresthesia, etc. I just read that in certain cases of brain damage, problems with calcium signalling can occur.

I'm thinking the NSI stirred up something that was already a problem (Lyme brain) and now, this...

#3935 PureCacao

• 13 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 11:41 PM

Has anyone sourced any Phosphate?

The freebase does not have an established dosage.  

Is/Has anyone found an established source from China?

#3936 drg

• 332 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 March 2016 - 11:56 PM

dr strangelove is that you?

#3937 PureCacao

• 13 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 11:58 PM

dr strangelove is that you?

No really, I'm new here, and I have successfully obtained some phosphate and 

am having success with it.

Now the website I purchased from has shut down.  

I'm wondering where to get it from here on out.  

#3938 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 12:56 AM

I have received payment from a couple members but I was not able to log in for two days now as the site was down, also all the answers in PMs I wrote these last two days are not there, I just saw that... I have to get to sleep, but I ll reply to everyone tomorrow.

#3939 drg

• 332 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 March 2016 - 03:07 AM

strangelove, why do i think your a  doctor ?
dr strangelove i've said that more than once :/

#3940 Heisenburger

• 478 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 04:08 AM

Strangelove, are you worried about North Korea’s newfound (supposedly) capability of deploying a nuclear-tipped ICBM, or has NSI-189 made you stop worrying and learn to love it?

#3941 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 01:44 PM

strangelove, why do i think your a  doctor ?
dr strangelove i've said that more than once :/

An unconscious correlation with the character perhaps... Although on purpose I did not include the Dr. in the username as I am not a doctor...

Strangelove, are you worried about North Korea’s newfound (supposedly) capability of deploying a nuclear-tipped ICBM, or has NSI-189 made you stop worrying and learn to love it?

Hahahaha! The name was selected both on how funny and crazy... I found the character, but even more so, about Peter Seller's great perfomance, in every little detail!

There is a serious part in your question though... It is not just NSI-189, I have stopped looking in nootropics as much and trying some not so well known antidepressants in the mainstream (tianeptine, tranylcypromine, amineptine) I am a chronic dysthymic by nature, just the "serious type" minding my business, my main hobby being collecting information in subjects of interest. I only looked in antidepressants after a chronic undiagnosed infection seriously zapping my mental energy, and the heightened anhedonia became a problem. I am saying this because NSI-189 gave me a specific push in the right direction, instead just having "confident ideas", I feel more confident, I am more social and connect better with others (tianeptine playing a good part on this also). Pretty sure if Kim Jong-un ever used the right (prosocial also) antidepressant combo could be a more balanced leader instead of commiting atrocities or trying to bomb everyone.

#3942 Heisenburger

• 478 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 04:11 PM

I have the perfect combo for that subhuman piece of detritus: 40 milligrams of NSI-189 and 100 milligrams of tianeptine, packed as tightly as possible into a 000 capsule. You’re going to need a lot of filler for a cap that size—I’m thinking KCN would be suitable. Wear gloves and a NIOSH-approved N95 particulate respirator mask.

#3943 bocor

• 119 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 04:55 PM

I as well am looking for legit source for phosphate could someone recommend plz? Also my reasoning is mainly experimental for trying nsi I have a lot of nerve problems which may or may not be related to my multiple herniated disc and chronic pain issues I get a lot of shaking instability twitching malfunctioning nervous system with lots of nerve pain that comes and goes in varying intensities I have had multiple work related injuries as well which I believe contributed to this prolonged nerve entrapment I believe has caused nerve damage which would explain the peripheral neuropathy anyways I think nsi just might help repair some of the nerve dance or regrow damaged nerves? Any input would be greatly appreciated thanks!

#3944 spaceguy32

• 3 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 06:33 PM

I am also looking for a legitimate supplier. If anyone has any leads please, please PM. I have been battling brain fog and depersonalization for what seems like 20 + years. I have tried all modern medication from anti-depressants to anxiety meds but no luck. I currently am trying the nootropics route. I have tried tianeptine but that didn't work either. I am also trying the galamantine to see if maybe that will help, lol...At this point I am at a loss and hope to get my senses back. 

I really appreciate it guys, thanks.

#3945 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 07:42 PM

I can ship $20/gram average, NSI-189 from a third party tested source, shipping is included. Shipping time is 5-7 working days to USA.

#3946 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 08:29 PM

Fisetin: inhibits the cFos gene, this was a sort of lightbulb-turning-on type substance for me

Vorinostat: HDACi, proven in animal models of fear extinction; a single dose eradicated my conditioned adrenaline response at the poker table (I didn't write about it in that 

Both seem extra interesting, from a quick first look.

I saw that there was a group buy for Vorinostat, but there is any other source?

Are you using it in an activity that makes you anxious (maybe adding some CBT exercises to improve results...?) and get fear extinction?

#3947 tolerant

• 470 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 10:22 PM

I messaged the organiser of the Vorinostat group buy, but he hasn't logged in since February and the group buy appears to be over.

These are two sources I found by googling Vorinostat.

1. Wuhan HengHeDa. There are a few dozen other companies selling it on Alibaba, but Wuhan HengHeDa's NSI-189 was found to be legitimate through NMR spectroscopy testing.

2. Sellechem. No idea how legit this company is.

It is also available as a cancer drug Zolinza, but costs over $10,000 a pack

• Informative x 1

#3948 Nick Kyz

• 107 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 March 2016 - 02:15 PM

The probability of a group buy is inversely correlated to its cost. There really has to be a lot of enthusiasm to make it happen.

#3949 spaceguy32

• 3 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 03:19 PM

The thought of reducing or even stopping fear response is highly interesting to me. 

If Vorinostat achieves this, I would be interested in participating. 

With it being a chemotherapy I am concerned with possible long-term effects and short term side-effects.

Any insight? 

#3950 StevesPetRat

• 565 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 02:34 AM

I'm trying it out on some other rats literally as I type this. Will start a new thread with results over the weekend, since Tree has closed the group buy thread.

#3951 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 06:01 AM

I have received payment from a couple members but I was not able to log in for two days now as the site was down, also all the answers in PMs I wrote these last two days are not there, I just saw that... I have to get to sleep, but I ll reply to everyone tomorrow.

Any update on phosphate version of NS 189 > thanks!

#3952 Alyosha

• 4 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 March 2016 - 09:43 AM

I have been taking what seems to be nsi 189 freebase for a week now. There have been too many confounding variables to give any meaningful report other than there have been no negative side effects and my sertraline induced stupidity seems alleviated somewhat.

Strangelove, is there any way you could provide an HPLC for the batch you are currently selling? If I were to take this for a longer period of time then I feel I need to have more confidence in its lack of harmful particles.

#3953 noot_in_the_sky

• 287 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 10:06 PM

How much would it be per gram if a new group buy is done?

#3954 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 10:30 PM

Any update on phosphate version of NS 189 > thanks!

Trying to minimize risk with customs (loosing a previous batch) I have arranged shipment with the postal service. There is no detailed tracking, but is not going to be more than ten days. I only have freebase from the same source right now.

Just to clarify the $20/gram average I wrote before, its $16-$24/gram depending on the amount, shipping is included. 

#3955 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 10:49 PM

I have been taking what seems to be nsi 189 freebase for a week now. There have been too many confounding variables to give any meaningful report other than there have been no negative side effects and my sertraline induced stupidity seems alleviated somewhat.

Strangelove, is there any way you could provide an HPLC for the batch you are currently selling? If I were to take this for a longer period of time then I feel I need to have more confidence in its lack of harmful particles.

Its not only a matter of money, it seems is very difficult to find a HPLC lab to test it. Every previous lab I contact before for NSI-189 HPLC testing, I either did not get a reply or I was asked the name of the organization I am working for. The GC/MS testing I arranged showed only NSI-189 in the results.

I do not even know though if HPLC would be more accurate not having a pure reference standard to compare to. Possibly only Neuralstem is able to provide that, even Sigma Aldrich that has every chemical imaginable does not have a purity reference NSI-189 sample. As I said before, it is odd for the Chinese to provide a HPLC confirming high purity test results, without a reference standard... I am not an expert though, it would be great if anyone could further comment on this.

Edited by Strangelove, 30 March 2016 - 10:51 PM.

#3956 obliviron

• 6 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 02:45 AM

Strangelove, have you tried colmaric? Here is an HPLC from them:

http://irc.bio/wp-co...hate-hplc-1.jpg

#3957 falconfocus

• 14 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 March 2016 - 06:14 AM

I have been taking NSI-189 purchased from Amazon.com, Bonanza.com and Ebay.com over the last 4 to 6 months. Dosage may be around 80-130 mg every night to every other night before bed.

From reading many of the posts in this forum, it seems to me that many people take this drug assuming it will have some immediate effect on them--like taking Adderall, or similar.

Based on my understanding, which admittedly could be incorrect, NSI-189 is a novel drug that is not designed in the least to be used like or compared to a drug like Adderall or most any other nootropic, for that matter. NSI-189, however slowly, is suggested to help the brain generate new neurons in the hippocampus, thus growing/regenerating the hippocampus, which is responsible or plays a part for things like mood and short and long term memory.

Taking NSI-189 for an immediate effect may be like eating a stick of celery and then declaring it doesn't work when one doesn't immediately shed 50 pounds of fat, or determine it is not legit becuase they "didn't really feel anything."

Like many people that have posted before me, I agree that it is a challenge to ascertain how NSI-189 may be affecting me. Certainly placebo must play a role.

There are some immediate effects depending on dosage:

- Higher dosages potentially increase libido and sexual performance (decreased associated anxiety)

- Calming effect, often helpful to induce sleep and reduce stress

- Tiring effect -- feels like energy is being zapped -- not always immediate

Longer term effects:

- Eating more. I feel like I need more calories and consume quiet a lot more food at times.

- Sleep more. I feel like I need more sleep

- Less energy. I feel like my energy is getting zapped.

(for the reasons above, I find it better to take this before bed. I was taking in the AM, but stopped after awhile.)

-- it makes sense to me that if my body is kicking into high gear to generate neurons, it may need more calories, more sleep and leave me feeling wiped out. To me, these are consistent symptons with what should be happening, I think. I am not certain, but I think the above items increase with increased dosage -- and I am nearly certain they increase when taken in the AM and are dealt with more while awake.

- Calmer

- Less distractable and more focused/disciplined

- Less Stressed

- Clearer thought processes

- Better memory recall -- specifically noticed with regard to names (short and long term memory) and lyrics

- Better synthesis - Songs I have listed to for years without really understanding the lyrics are starting to make more sense.

- Possible scatter brained or loss of short term memory at times -- I have read this may be consistent with generation of new neurons as they work their way into the circuitry of the brain, as they may cause disruptions in existing circuits from time to time.

-- however, it is nothing like the experience I had when I was prescribed a mood stabilizer that caused word recall blockages.

- Possible reduced sense of urgency -- may be a good or bad thing, I haven't been able to fully determine that just yet.

- Better impulse control in conversations and other daily activities.

I am curious how much improvement potential remains and how to best optimize consumption for peak results. If anyone is lurking on these posts and you haven't created an account yet and posted, please consider doing it. I did it the other day and it is relatively painless. Worried about anonimity? Download the Tor browser.

Please share if you have thoughts or experiences similar or different than mine. I look forward to all responses.

#3958 Nick Kyz

• 107 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 March 2016 - 06:22 AM

There are several analyses you can do without a reference sample. What was the reference sample for the reference sample? If a compound is deemed pure in other analyses it can then be used as a reference for less expensive HPLC analysis.

#3959 pheanix997

• 213 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 March 2016 - 02:20 PM

The goal was to have a drug that regenerates the hippocampus.

Ever hear of people with Ataxia or CTE from playing in the NFL etc. go overseas for massive stem cell injections, only to find the treatment works short-term but doesnt hold up, and you need to keep going back for more? I dont think its anything different with NSI.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3960 irony

• 55 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 11:32 PM

Hi,

Long time lurker.   I tried to read this entire thread, but I kinda gave up.   So a couple of questions about taking NSI-189:

1.  how many times a day should it be taken?  (if once, at bedtime or morning?)

2.  What's a good starting dose?  I like to start things low and titrate up

3.  Do I just put it under my tongue and let it dissolve?

4.  Anyone taking nortriptyline with it?   Any weirdness there?

Thank you.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nsi-189

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users