* * * * * 34 votes

NSI-189

nsi-189

• Please log in to reply
6219 replies to this topic

#5491 CFABrain

• 4 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 09:32 PM

For anyone that sent a PM before, finally I received the NSI-189!

It took so long, that I started thinking that it might got lost or was stopped again from customs.

As I said before, anyone that might want to stock up will be a discount for 5grams/$80 paid with bitcoin in the address below. 

33LoBUh7jUW26Udab8E4VeHbZCs9Dk8Zwp

I receive bitcoins in US$ in my account in cryptopay, many times in the past I received a lower amount, so please check a legitimate on line currency converter before you make the transfer.

mfad a feeling of pressure on the head (but not burning) its one of the common side effects that usually goes away after a few days. I do not know if this is what you experienced though...

Strangelove-

I sent you a private message yesterday - can you please provide a quote for 7g using bitcoin? Will pay immediately. Thank you. 

#5492 Hyperflux

• 122 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 12:52 AM

It took so long, that I started thinking that it might got lost or was stopped again from customs.

As I said before, anyone that might want to stock up will be a discount for 5grams/$80 paid with bitcoin in the address below. 

I receive bitcoins in US$ in my account in cryptopay, many times in the past I received a lower amount, so please check a legitimate on line currency converter before you make the transfer.

mfad a feeling of pressure on the head (but not burning) its one of the common side effects that usually goes away after a few days. I do not know if this is what you experienced though...

If I want to order 15g, do I send $240 USD worth of BTC at once or 3x$80 USD transactions? Do you want a blockchain receipt so you know who sent it?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5493 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 04:46 PM

If I want to order 15g, do I send $240 USD worth of BTC at once or 3x$80 USD transactions? Do you want a blockchain receipt so you know who sent it?

Usually I prefer payments in batches and shipping smaller amounts, airmail from Europe is very safe but no reason to risk one large shipment.

Edited by Strangelove, 08 July 2017 - 04:48 PM.

#5494 outHere

• 2 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 05:18 AM

I am beginning a difficult school program in the fall and would like to give NSI a shot, but I'm worried that the only sources available are on eBay. Are any of them reputable?

#5495 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 July 2017 - 12:04 PM

I am beginning a difficult school program in the fall and would like to give NSI a shot, but I'm worried that the only sources available are on eBay. Are any of them reputable?

As far as I know, NONE of the eBay sources are reputable - not a SINGLE one of them!

So far, there's only two clear and reputable sources of NSI-189, and that's Strangelove and MrNootropic on this very forum. MrNootropic actually has a website he sells his stuff from, where he reveals both the manufacturer and the independent purity testing.

There's a thread about the site here:

http://www.longecity...-party-testing/

I've tried NSI sourced from both, and the effects and taste where both identical - slight differences in colour/texture such things, though.

I'm not sure at the moment, but last time I noted that Strangelove was somewhat cheaper than MrNootropic, so something to keep in mind - MrNootropic has some really neat transparency and testing though.

#5496 Puppalupacus

• 60 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 July 2017 - 12:06 PM

You can also get it direct from China, which is where everyone else is getting it.  MrNootropic isn't shy about his source, even posting the CoA's.  My current batch is from Lyphar direct and is just fine.

#5497 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 03:11 PM

As far as I know, NONE of the eBay sources are reputable - not a SINGLE one of them!

So far, there's only two clear and reputable sources of NSI-189, and that's Strangelove and MrNootropic on this very forum. MrNootropic actually has a website he sells his stuff from, where he reveals both the manufacturer and the independent purity testing.

I've tried NSI sourced from both, and the effects and taste where both identical - slight differences in colour/texture such things, though.
I'm not sure at the moment, but last time I noted that Strangelove was somewhat cheaper than MrNootropic, so something to keep in mind - MrNootropic has some really neat transparency and testing though.

#5498 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 July 2017 - 03:49 PM

Err... are you one of the eBay -vendors whom sell NSI-189, Ark?

Do you do third-party testing to make sure of the purity? Have you used your own compound?

I think you're a good poster in general though, and obviously a long-time member here - so my apologies if I was overly harsh on the eBay-vendors - just being very, very cautious with where I source my NSI, and where I think others should source it.

#5499 CFABrain

• 4 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 08:39 PM

Circling back to NSI189 itself - any guidance in terms of how long the off-cycle should be? All thoughts are appreciated. Thus far, I've completed a 28-day (on)cycle. 

#5500 Deaden

• 232 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 July 2017 - 10:21 PM

Anyone on Nardil + Tianeptine? Is it safe? Still not sure... I read a couple of reports of people using both and saying it works well for their anhedonia with no side effects but apparently wikipedia says it should be avoided.

• Off-Topic x 1

#5501 greyfox

• 18 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 11:23 PM

Strangelove, could you please respond to my private message as soon as possible...? :-)

Thanks.

#5502 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 July 2017 - 06:08 AM

Circling back to NSI189 itself - any guidance in terms of how long the off-cycle should be? All thoughts are appreciated. Thus far, I've completed a 28-day (on)cycle. 

The clinical trials seem to note results after about a month on the drug, so 28 days sounds about right.

I'd try two weeks off, and then go for another month or so - add, rinse, repeat.

Small note though, I seem to be sensitive to the emotional and anxiogenic side-effects of NSI-189, I even have to use a lower dose than most, 20 mg and benefits seem to level out quicker for me, around 2-3 weeks on, and then two-three weeks off, is what I'm doing at the moment.

(this might btw be a clue regarding the metabolism of NSI-189 - I've got a mutation in my CYP2D6 and CYP3A4 -enzymes, and need lower dosages of some other medications as well - could be NSI-189 is metabolized by these enzymes?)

Edited by Stinkorninjor, 21 July 2017 - 06:41 AM.

#5503 Irishdude

• 102 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 04:03 PM

Seems like this drug is over-rated. It didnt meet its target in the phase 2 trial. Dont underestimate placebo. 

• Informative x 2
  • unsure x 1

#5504 Kaine

• 17 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 07:23 PM

https://globenewswir...e-Disorder.html

The study, which utilized the two-staged sequential parallel comparison design (SPCD), did not meet its primary efficacy endpoint of a statistically significant reduction in depression symptoms on the Montgomery-Asberg Depression Rating Scale (MADRS).  However, the 40 mg QD dose was directionally positive on the MADRS.

Of two secondary efficacy endpoints analyzed so far, the patient-rated Symptoms of Depression Questionnaire (SDQ) achieved statistical significance (p=0.044) with NSI-189 40 mg QD compared to placebo in the overall SPCD analysis.  Results were also directionally positive on the Hamilton Depression Rating Scale (HAM-D17) at both doses.  Both the 40 mg QD and 40 mg BID doses were well-tolerated with no serious adverse events reported.

Could someone please explain what "directionally positive" exactly means here?

Edited by Kaine, 25 July 2017 - 07:31 PM.

• Informative x 1

#5505 vil12378

• 4 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 10:51 PM

The study, which utilized the two-staged sequential parallel comparison design (SPCD), did not meet its primary efficacy endpoint of a statistically significant reduction in depression symptoms on the Montgomery-Asberg Depression Rating Scale (MADRS).  However, the 40 mg QD dose was directionally positive on the MADRS.

Of two secondary efficacy endpoints analyzed so far, the patient-rated Symptoms of Depression Questionnaire (SDQ) achieved statistical significance (p=0.044) with NSI-189 40 mg QD compared to placebo in the overall SPCD analysis.  Results were also directionally positive on the Hamilton Depression Rating Scale (HAM-D17) at both doses.  Both the 40 mg QD and 40 mg BID doses were well-tolerated with no serious adverse events reported.

It means people's depressive symptoms were slightly improving, but not enough for a significant difference between groups. So, there may be some beneficial effects, but this study suggest NSI-189 is not going to have a major impact on depression treatment. The positive direction may be used to justify existing research, as maybe it only works for men but not women, or older people but not younger. These things are unlikely, but they do happen. I think many of the posts here are just placebo, with a minority seeing some positive results (my interpretation).

• Agree x 1

#5506 Deaden

• 232 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 July 2017 - 10:52 PM

Rip

Edited by Deaden, 25 July 2017 - 10:52 PM.

• Cheerful x 2
  • Agree x 2
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#5507 Junipersun

• 70 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 11:20 PM

Let's not forget that there is not just one cause of depression, but it seems like multiple causes can result in similar symptoms and get then lumped together under the term depression. SSRIs are incredibly effective for 15-20% of people, but you don't hear them yell at the internet. Having a random sample of people with depression makes it incredibly hard to reach the point of significance. I'm pretty sure the life-changing effect NSI-189 had on many here and over at reddit can't all be placebo. We are talking about people who have tried everything else with no luck (or placebo response apparently). Nevertheless, this is not the result I have expected. At least I didn't have the money to invest in neuralstem...

Edited by Junipersun, 25 July 2017 - 11:23 PM.

• Agree x 3
  • like x 3
  • Informative x 1

#5508 SoundsAboutRight

• 51 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 July 2017 - 07:46 AM

Anyone on Nardil + Tianeptine? Is it safe? Still not sure... I read a couple of reports of people using both and saying it works well for their anhedonia with no side effects but apparently wikipedia says it should be avoided.

Deaden a few options for anhedonia that are starting to work for me - maybe they will for you as well.

Anhedonia Recover:

St. John's Wort - 6g mega dose

Myo-inositol - 16g mega dose

Tianeptine - 25mg 3x daily

Possibly - Agomelatine - 25mg daily

I decided to take all of these together and currently am experiencing no negative side effects. Remember to cycle and probably best to start with one at a time. I just decided to do it together for a short cycle and then will do separate individual cycles. 

Supplement Recommendations to offset and manage Anhedonia, but not recover from it - recommended from Galaxyshock in another thread - somewhere around here:

Link: http://www.longecity...a-thread/page-7

Cordyceps - Doctor's Best

Schisandra - Bulk Supplements
Panax Ginseng - Now Brand

Jiaogulan

Haven't tried these yet - will be getting them tomorrow...

Edited by mfad, 26 July 2017 - 08:00 AM.

• like x 1

#5509 SoundsAboutRight

• 51 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 July 2017 - 07:53 AM

All I know is that at least it is targeting an entirely different region of the brain than any other antidepressant. To me that makes it worth trying.

The studies showed increases in hippocampus growth right? I mean even if it did not work as an antidepressant there must be some benefits that is garnered as a result from the growth...

Edited by mfad, 26 July 2017 - 07:59 AM.

#5510 Irishdude

• 102 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:54 AM

All I know is that at least it is targeting an entirely different region of the brain than any other antidepressant. To me that makes it worth trying.

The studies showed increases in hippocampus growth right? I mean even if it did not work as an antidepressant there must be some benefits that is garnered as a result from the growth...

In a rat, none was shown in a human. Doesnt mean its not happening and we dont have the tools to detect it but theres no evidence right now for that. Take it with a pinch of salt until theres some proof.

• Good Point x 1
  • Agree x 1

#5511 Irishdude

• 102 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 10:02 AM

Id like to hear from people who have found long term depression remission from this drug, over a year. Doesn't matter if you took breaks from the drug.

#5512 rjfm

• 21 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:12 PM

Seems like this drug is over-rated. It didnt meet its target in the phase 2 trial. Dont underestimate placebo. 

Your wrong my friend. Not to hammer the point but i saw those results yesterday and ordered 5g further.

What i believe to be happening is that it's very effective for a particular set of depressive aetiologies.

#5513 Kaine

• 17 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:43 PM

It means people's depressive symptoms were slightly improving, but not enough for a significant difference between groups. So, there may be some beneficial effects, but this study suggest NSI-189 is not going to have a major impact on depression treatment. The positive direction may be used to justify existing research, as maybe it only works for men but not women, or older people but not younger. These things are unlikely, but they do happen. I think many of the posts here are just placebo, with a minority seeing some positive results (my interpretation).

Thanks!

#5514 Puppalupacus

• 60 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:46 PM

It's done well for me, but I didn't start getting results until 40mg twice a day (chronic depression that spans decades).  40mg once a day yielded nothing at over two months use.  Bumping to 80mg daily split doses actually does help, and I've tried many different antidepressants... all with zero positive effects with plenty of negative sides.

Edited by Puppalupacus, 26 July 2017 - 09:49 PM.

#5515 jaiho

• 521 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:57 PM

I couldn't retain efficacy with NSI on its own. It seems to be boosted by other things, especially MAOIs.

• Good Point x 1
  • like x 1

#5516 Deaden

• 232 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 July 2017 - 10:05 PM

Deaden a few options for anhedonia that are starting to work for me - maybe they will for you as well.

Anhedonia Recover:

St. John's Wort - 6g mega dose

Myo-inositol - 16g mega dose

Tianeptine - 25mg 3x daily

Possibly - Agomelatine - 25mg daily

I decided to take all of these together and currently am experiencing no negative side effects. Remember to cycle and probably best to start with one at a time. I just decided to do it together for a short cycle and then will do separate individual cycles. 

Supplement Recommendations to offset and manage Anhedonia, but not recover from it - recommended from Galaxyshock in another thread - somewhere around here:

Link: http://www.longecity...a-thread/page-7

Cordyceps - Doctor's Best

Schisandra - Bulk Supplements
Panax Ginseng - Now Brand

Jiaogulan

Haven't tried these yet - will be getting them tomorrow...

Thanks. I'm currently on week 3 of Nardil, going to be adding Tianeptine to it, and hopefully I'll be noticing positive results for my anhedonia soon. If nothing after six weeks, I'm going to try Nortripyline + Parnate, if my anhedonia still doesn't lift, then I'm not sure what I'm gonna do yet. ECT or DBS if they let me, or maybe self medicate with various supplements like the ones you mentioned, and mushrooms. I also plan on doing a lot of research and trying to figure out the root of my anhedonia and the science behind it; like "itstrevor" did. 

You should read this study: https://medicalxpres...onia-major.html , the melanocortin hormone seem to be the core of our dysfunctional brain reward center. It looks very promising in it truly helping to bring our pleasure back. Apparently it's being investigated, but it's a long process. It may also help for appetite disorders so it won't be ignored. Another good link: https://www.quora.co...n-in-depression

Concerning the NSI, I testify it was helping for my anhedonia. Music was almost truly enjoyable, and had some sort of numbed affection for a girl. My long term memory also improved for the period I was on this drug. I really don't think those effects were placebo. All of these benefits are gone now that I ran out of NSI and am trying other things, but my anhedonia didn't lift enough for me to be satisfied. Maybe I'll give it another try in the future in association with other potential treatments.

Edited by Deaden, 26 July 2017 - 10:06 PM.

#5517 fj929

• 36 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 July 2017 - 12:43 AM

Looks like this drug is a bust and will probably never make it to market. Phase 2 results were very poor and they had over 200 test subjects.

• Agree x 1

#5518 SoundsAboutRight

• 51 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 July 2017 - 02:12 PM

I definitely feel bad for that company rn

#5519 irony

• 55 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 06:41 AM

Let's not forget that there is not just one cause of depression, but it seems like multiple causes can result in similar symptoms and get then lumped together under the term depression. SSRIs are incredibly effective for 15-20% of people, but you don't hear them yell at the internet. Having a random sample of people with depression makes it incredibly hard to reach the point of significance. I'm pretty sure the life-changing effect NSI-189 had on many here and over at reddit can't all be placebo. We are talking about people who have tried everything else with no luck (or placebo response apparently). Nevertheless, this is not the result I have expected. At least I didn't have the money to invest in neuralstem...

The phase II study was well-designed and would have picked up on any sort of "life-changing" effect even on a few of the participants.   This drug flunked badly.   It seems likely that anyone who claimed an effect from it here either experienced a placebo effect or were shills for people selling it.

• Enjoying the show x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5520 FuzzMunky

• 25 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 07:15 AM

The phase II study was well-designed and would have picked up on any sort of "life-changing" effect even on a few of the participants. This drug flunked badly. It seems likely that anyone who claimed an effect from it here either experienced a placebo effect or were shills for people selling it.

Yes I suspected it was shilling a while back. There was a sort of cult like feeling around here for a while. I tried NSI for a couple of stints and it only made my brain feel worse. Some of that dulling has been hard to shake since stopping.
  • Agree x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nsi-189

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users