* * * * * 34 votes

NSI-189

nsi-189

• Please log in to reply
6219 replies to this topic

#571 Q did it!

• 354 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:54 PM

It might make sense for everyone in the group trial/experiment to keep a private log (unpublished) for the duration of the trial (28 days) then publish it in the new thread, if there is one by then, or just put up a summery based off the log of ones experiences. I know this is what some others have been saying. It would make sense to just ignore the this thread or the new one once people begin to receive their samples because we will have a few persons who will hype.
  • like x 1

#572 allstargajo

• 50 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:50 AM

Hello everyone,

It looks like there's still alot of us interested in this compound. Hopefuly Scienceguy and sunshineforst and everyone else involved with the order won't mind sharing the details for the rest of us to do a follow-up group buy.. Why not start organizing another group buy now?
  • like x 2

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#573 AuralAnomaly

• 18 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:49 PM

Agreed, let's start another list for all those who can't wait for the first batch of results!

Also I will take this opportunity to say all this talk of making the thread private is frankly embarrassing. The free flow of information is to all our mutual benefit, it lays at the very heart of how we as a species have advanced our condition and scientific understanding enough to even conceive of something like NSI-189 to begin with. The sort of elitism being suggested by some here will only serve to further the exploitation and oppression of the true human potential.

We depend on each other, no man is an island. There is ultimately nothing but good that can come from raising the consciousness of this world we're all embedded in... Don't be a selfish dick.
  • like x 4
  • dislike x 4

#574 cATsE

• 56 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:03 PM

If that 2nd batch is happening, I would like to be on that list.
  • dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#575 Passion

• 53 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:16 PM

I'm part of the first group buy and although I will respect the wishes of the group organizers, I also disagree with keeping things private. Can someone explain what the reason behind doing so would be? Is there any benefit to keeping such results private?
  • dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#576 rikelme

• 174 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:23 PM

I'm part of the first group buy and although I will respect the wishes of the group organizers, I also disagree with keeping things private. Can someone explain what the reason behind doing so would be? Is there any benefit to keeping such results private?

Some people like the fact that they are part of a "secret" group or a group with a limited or exclusive access (all the brotherhoods, VIP seats... you get the idea).
  • like x 2
  • dislike x 2

#577 DistinctContraption

• 1 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:44 AM

Hello everyone,

It looks like there's still alot of us interested in this compound. Hopefuly Scienceguy and sunshineforst and everyone else involved with the order won't mind sharing the details for the rest of us to do a follow-up group buy.. Why not start organizing another group buy now?

I'll second that. I'd also like to partake of the next group buy if there's another.

Edited by DistinctContraption, 14 May 2013 - 12:45 AM.

#578 sparkk51

• 418 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:04 AM

I am part of the group buy and dont want to be left out of future buys, so I will not go against the majority of the group (who seem to favor exclusitivity). However, I'll definitely pressure the group to allow me to share cognitive test results with the public forum. I am not at all for secrecy, but I am against sensationalist responses feeding everyone's imaginations.]

Also, would anyone be willing to answer the last question of my previous post?:

Edited by sparkk51, 14 May 2013 - 02:08 AM.

#579 Rior

• 279 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:23 AM

My only recommendation in regards to public vs private is that, perhaps, the thread should be initially private (2 weeks-a month) for people to compile data and compare just amongst selves. After that period of time, the first post would be a compiled list of people's subjective effects, data about who has done intelligence tests over the time and individual progress scores, a whole lot of compiled data. The only reason I might think it should be private is that so the first 2 weeks of posts are exclusively made by members partaking in the experiment, so that the first couple pages will be nothing except useful information. Rather than, for example "Oh man that stuff sounds sooo cool, I totally wanna get in on the next batch!"-type posts clogging up the thread. Not to say that all of you that are not in on the first buy would post stuff like that, but we all know that if the thread were public, some people would post that and the thread would be partially littered by those.

That, and I think information of this caliber should be private at least until there's a general headspace/generalized idea behind the effects. Last thing anyone would want is a media shitstorm because a few people posted something too soon, while it was public. Eventually I think the thread should be made available to the public, but not immediately.

Just a thought.
  • like x 5
  • dislike x 3

#580 digik

• 23 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:16 AM

Ultimately, I believe the entirety of the reports and information should be made public; however for the integrity of the trial data, it might be beneficial for the trial participants to refrain from ANY direct communication with each other outside of reporting concerns to the principal investigator about drug effects during the trial phase to avoid suggestion bias.
  • like x 1

#581 DamnedOwl

• 120 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:17 AM

I am part of the group buy and dont want to be left out of future buys, so I will not go against the majority of the group (who seem to favor exclusitivity). However, I'll definitely pressure the group to allow me to share cognitive test results with the public forum. I am not at all for secrecy, but I am against sensationalist responses feeding everyone's imaginations.]

I'd be genuinely surprised if the majority of the group do indeed favour exclusivity. I really hope not. In any case, I, for one, do not. I think my attitude towards it all is much closer to yours and Rior's.

#582 Izan

• 387 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:58 AM

My only recommendation in regards to public vs private is that, perhaps, the thread should be initially private (2 weeks-a month) for people to compile data and compare just amongst selves. After that period of time, the first post would be a compiled list of people's subjective effects, data about who has done intelligence tests over the time and individual progress scores, a whole lot of compiled data. The only reason I might think it should be private is that so the first 2 weeks of posts are exclusively made by members partaking in the experiment, so that the first couple pages will be nothing except useful information. Rather than, for example "Oh man that stuff sounds sooo cool, I totally wanna get in on the next batch!"-type posts clogging up the thread. Not to say that all of you that are not in on the first buy would post stuff like that, but we all know that if the thread were public, some people would post that and the thread would be partially littered by those.

That, and I think information of this caliber should be private at least until there's a general headspace/generalized idea behind the effects. Last thing anyone would want is a media shitstorm because a few people posted something too soon, while it was public. Eventually I think the thread should be made available to the public, but not immediately.

Just a thought.

very good post! and is it possible for the new forum members (who registered yesterday) to please stop whining? if there is another group buy, then of course you can join in. just take it easy please and keep an eye on this thread. thanks.

#583 Steve Zissou

• 91 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:27 AM

There sure are a lot of posters here with only 1 post to their name, that shows me that there are many outside lurkers on this thread. I think this thread is getting too much exposure and attention and should be locked and/or hidden/deleted.
  • dislike x 3
  • like x 3

#584 AuralAnomaly

• 18 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:43 AM

I've been lurking since before it was known as Imminst. I and I presume others like me have simply come out of the wood works to defend what might be the first real breakthrough in nootropics from people who in their own words wish to maintain a mental advantage over those whom they feel are undeserving. Any secrecy as to the results creates opportunity for such people to have their selfish way. I understand the issue with suggestion bias but really it's not difficult to avoid looking at others results, we're not children and we don't need new rules to protect us from our own choices.
  • like x 3
  • dislike x 1

#585 megatron

• 608 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:56 AM

There sure are a lot of posters here with only 1 post to their name, that shows me that there are many outside lurkers on this thread. I think this thread is getting too much exposure and attention and should be locked and/or hidden/deleted.

That's one of the major reasons why I want the thread to be private. I DO NOT want lurkers / leechers who haven't contributed to the forum at all, get their hands on information like this. They don't deserve it! Also, I'm quiet shocked that there aren't more elitists on a forum like this.

As I've stated before; the sole purpose of becoming more intelligent is to get an an advantage over other people in your community. If the other community members/inhabitants get the same advantage as well, everything will stay exactly the same. Sure, the human race may make scientific discoveries quicker, but you would be a fool to think that scientists haven't already invented extremely successful brain-enhancers and anti-aging remedies, and kept it to themselves. When all comes to all, we are left to ourselves, and as I have experienced people (myself included) are egocentric and oneself comes first. So, if this turns out to be a miracle drug, why on earth would you people make this drug publicly exposed? It would still be as hard to get into the top universities, get jobs and excel in scientific environments.
  • dislike x 13
  • like x 2

#586 AuralAnomaly

• 18 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:58 AM

As I've stated before; the sole purpose of becoming more intelligent is to get an an advantage over other people in your community.

Please try to understand there is such a thing as a win/win strategy, you don't need to operate out of a primal competitive hierarchical dominance based paradigm in order to be happy. Historically that's brought nothing but misery and at best the illusion of happiness even to those at the top.
Which would you prefer; a world full of ignorance perpetuated by the selfish desires of greedy fat cats. Or a world of equal enlightened beings feeding and building off of each others best qualities, together pushing the boundaries of what is humanly possible to experience and feel and know and to create?
How much of what you take for granted in your daily life has been built off the innovative contributions of countless others?
It's not hard to imagine that somehow somewhere somebody could utilize these substances in a way that could indirectly or even directly benefit you. Perhaps even synthesise an even better nootropic!!
If you want to play big fish in the small pond then that's your game. Some of us do however have an appreciation of the bigger picture and just what's at stake. To those gentlemen, now is the time to make your voices heard.
  • like x 11
  • dislike x 1

#587 absent minded

• 99 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:39 AM

[...]

Cheer up. The great people working on this drug are trying to help people with Major Depression. (but you already knew that)

Edited by absent minded, 14 May 2013 - 11:40 AM.

#588 Psionic

• 187 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:56 AM

[...]

Cheer up. The great people working on this drug are trying to help people with Major Depression. (but you already knew that)

Exactly! As someone who is relatively young and live in peace probably didnt catch that vast majority of human suffering (wars,holocaust,starvations,greed and now even health problems) are all caused by very similar mindset of egocentrism. Which acts like this just of its own fear/illusion of disappearing.

"Try to face your fears and take all the loses on yourself while giving your enemies all the victories you ever wished" - from the book on Mind Training

I would rather give up my share than doing all of this only for my own personal welfare and prosperity
  • like x 5

#589 NFP

• 46 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:30 PM

im with opening a new thread and keeping it private for 2 weeks, i feel theres definitely some stock market investors lurking over this thread (26 guests reading this thread atm?!). i dont like feeling like some sort of guinea pig for someone elses financial gain, but i do want to share the results to the people who suffer from the diseases this is said to help.
  • like x 4
  • dislike x 2

#590 hadora

• Topic Starter
  • 147 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:04 PM

[...]

Exactly! As someone who is relatively young and live in peace probably didnt catch that vast majority of human suffering (wars,holocaust,starvations,greed and now even health problems) are all caused by very similar mindset of egocentrism. Which acts like this just of its own fear/illusion of disappearing.

"Try to face your fears and take all the loses on yourself while giving your enemies all the victories you ever wished" - from the book on Mind Training

I would rather give up my share than doing all of this only for my own personal welfare and prosperity

"Try to face your fears and take all the loses on yourself while giving your enemies all the victories you ever wished" -very nice quote
from which book does it come ?

#591 Psionic

• 187 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:52 PM

[...]

"Try to face your fears and take all the loses on yourself while giving your enemies all the victories you ever wished" -very nice quote
from which book does it come ?

Great to hear it got some feedback, The book is Mind Training by Ringu Tulku.

And I am sorry because its written exactly:

"Give all victory and gain to others, Take all defeat and loss upon yourself." and it in short describes the principle of whole Lojong training - confronting the ego (which a lot of people dont like) whilst cultivating compassion and wisdom, its composed from thousand years old texts and teaching into this small easy-reading book.

I also like another quote from this book, maybe a little more known:
"Do your best, prepare for the worst and expect nothing"

Edited by Psionic, 14 May 2013 - 01:58 PM.

#592 Steve Zissou

• 91 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:17 PM

To everyone freaking out. People who choose to will post their results eventually. You will just have to wait a bit longer and be patient.

Acquiring this compound is quasi legal, we are using this is for research purposes, but I'm sure a certain companies lawyers would have a different view. That's why I think people should keep this low key.
  • like x 3
  • dislike x 1

#593 joostus

• 17 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:18 PM

Been reading the forums for a while now, I'm interested to hear your experiences.
And I would like to be part of a second buying round!
  • like x 2
  • dislike x 1

#594 sunshinefrost

• 455 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:17 PM

To everyone freaking out. People who choose to will post their results eventually. You will just have to wait a bit longer and be patient.

Acquiring this compound is quasi legal, we are using this is for research purposes, but I'm sure a certain companies lawyers would have a different view. That's why I think people should keep this low key.

JESUS !!! Finaly someone gets it !!! I didn't think we had to but Thanks for underlying it.

If we ever make it private, for OBVIOUS reasons, you will be on the group ;)

Edited by sunshinefrost, 14 May 2013 - 03:22 PM.

#595 MetaMind

• 62 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:28 PM

Megatrone:
I DO NOT want lurkers / leechers who haven't contributed to the forum at all, get their hands on information like this. They don't deserve it! Also, I'm quiet shocked that there aren't more elitists on a forum like this.

As I've stated before; the sole purpose of becoming more intelligent is to get an an advantage over other people in your community. If the other community members/inhabitants get the same advantage as well, everything will stay exactly the same.

Are you ******* serious?
THis is one of the most selfish/backwards-thinking post I ve ever read...
Its not about you number of posts that matter, its about the content and many of the new ones (especially: AuralAnomaly) have written very deep-thoughted and true posts here in Imminst.
Anyways... I for one am also for setting things public... Why?
Because this is not a clinical trial here... every post is solely subjectble and does not have the accuracy of medical guided test phases... So investors would be stupid in buying options coz of some people here going wild about this compound.

So my idea is:
Opening a new thread with a disclaimer on the very first post telling that this thread is solely based on opinions and is not scientificly correct!

Edited by MetaMind, 14 May 2013 - 03:29 PM.

• like x 6
  • dislike x 1

#596 Q did it!

• 354 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:47 PM

Personnel I think we should just keep it pubic based on the fact that it would be extremely difficult it not impossible to keep everyone quite about this. And can we even make a members only thread in the first place?
  • like x 1

#597 megatron

• 608 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:22 PM

We should make a poll where the participants state if they want to make it public or not.
  • dislike x 2
  • like x 1

#598 Rior

• 279 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:46 AM

Personnel I think we should just keep it pubic based on the fact that it would be extremely difficult it not impossible to keep everyone quite about this. And can we even make a members only thread in the first place?

I think it would be possible to keep those who are partaking quiet about it, at least within the thread. Granted they likely won't be quiet to friends, co-workers, family members and the information may slowly make it into the public, but on the forums here it could be quiet.

Worth mentioning: CUR (Neuralstem) is up to 1.39 as of today! I invested at 1.09, but I wish I had invested more money into it....This is going to seriously skyrocket in price.
  • dislike x 1

#599 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:21 AM

Frankly, we really should make future group buys private or available only to Longecity members. I don't see why someone strolling by can jump in. I mean its like walking along the street and look at a bag full of powder and decide to ingest it. If you've invested your time and interest into researching these compounds like many registered Longecity members and have even some superficial conception of what you're dealing with, then they are the people who should be researching these compounds. (As a matter of fact only research laboratories and pharmaceutical companies are legally allowed to do that.) So, this is getting shady here and I don't want to be part of a group buy that has irresponsible individuals who might harm themselves. I, by participating in the group buy, become an accessory in irresponsible behavior to themselves and potentially others.

In fact, in future group buys, if they do happen, we should send out letters of intent and relinquishment of liability to any potential participants. That way everyone is responsible for their own actions and nobody else can be implicated in any wrongdoing.

Edited by yadayada, 15 May 2013 - 01:22 AM.

• like x 5
  • dislike x 5

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#600 Werper

• 190 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:52 AM

yadayada,

I can only speak for myself, but my intentions are to test it on my lab rat and share the results, I think everyone else is planning on doing the same.
  • like x 4

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nsi-189

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users