NSI-189

nsi-189

• Please log in to reply
6219 replies to this topic

#2131 nat

• 19 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:32 AM

Has anyone else stopped getting a numb mouth from sublingual administration? On the first day I was barely able to hold it for a fraction of a minute without numbing up and feeling a (non-taste-related) urge to vomit. Now I forget the NSI-189 is even there. Dryness (from T+10min to T+3hr) is also markedly less intense.

#2132 burtsl

• 5 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:45 AM

A friend took NSI 189 and it changed his life permanently.

Edited by burtsl, 23 June 2014 - 06:00 AM.

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#2133 PWAIN

• 1,288 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:45 AM

That's interesting...details?

A friend took NSI 189 and it changed his life permanently.

#2134 burtsl

• 5 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:52 AM

He told me he has a significant amount more motivation and general positive happiness than he did before. We're both in IT, and I noticed he's always up doing programming on personal projects now. It's something that I need since I have ADHD (inattention primary) and motivation is a huge problem for me.

Anyway, I wasn't sure if I should post this, but I put in an order of NSI-189 if anyone wants to PM for details. They seem reputable from the correspondences I've had with them so far. The order is meant to be fulfilled in the early part of July, it's 39/gram and lower for the phosphate derivative.

Edited by burtsl, 23 June 2014 - 07:28 AM.

#2135 tolerant

• 470 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:35 PM

For everyone who has ordered or considering ordering NSI-189, here's some food for thought. I enclose two NMR spectroscopy charts which are being made available by two different suppliers. Now to my untrained eye, they seem to be a photocopy of each other. I cannot spot a single difference - not in the graphs, not in any of the numbers, not in formatting, not in anything. To me, slightly differing charts from two other suppliers, also posted here, inspire more confidence than two identical charts. Now, I'm not saying their products are not necessarily legit, but at least one of them has not had their product independently examined. I know nothing about spectrometry, so I am ready to be corrected on this, but for two charts to be basically a duplicate of each other, they would have to be run on the same machine with the same software, same quality printer, same purity/concentration of substance, etc. How likely that is, I don't know. You can be the judge. I enclose both of these charts. Maybe you can spot a single difference between them, which I couldn't.

Attached Files

Edited by tolerant, 23 June 2014 - 12:40 PM.

• like x 5
  • Good Point x 1

#2136 neuroatypicow

• 123 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:58 PM

both companies could also be using the same lab as their supplier. in which case we need to hold the vendors to this, and prod them to disclose whether or not these are the data supplied by the lab, or whether or not they've had their own independent analysis performed on the compound.

#2137 foreseason

• 176 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:48 PM

Which two vendors are they from??

#2138 drg

• 332 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:31 PM

Maybe you can spot a single difference between them, which I couldn't.

The blue line is not identical in colour.

#2139 Aurel

• 184 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:49 PM

Maybe you can spot a single difference between them, which I couldn't.

The blue line is not identical in colour.

All colours are completly different, but then again, the second image is much bigger in KB-size and resolution. Beside that, there is realy no difference. If these are the EXACT images that youve got, I would go with the vendor of the second image, because it would like have the original file.

#2140 di36

• 67 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:55 PM

Has anyone else stopped getting a numb mouth from sublingual administration? On the first day I was barely able to hold it for a fraction of a minute without numbing up and feeling a (non-taste-related) urge to vomit. Now I forget the NSI-189 is even there. Dryness (from T+10min to T+3hr) is also markedly less intense.

yes.i have too.

#2141 jefferson

• 89 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:47 PM

It's really not possible to feel the effects of NSI-189 immediately. Neurogenesis takes time, and even after it does occur, it takes new neurons 4-5 weeks to become functional. So what you have is ether not NSI or you're just experiencing a placebo effect.

Wow, so you already know the exact pharmacodynamics of this drug... I think neuralstem will be happy to hire you.

If it really does work, there's no way it's just neurogenesis. 20% hippocampal volume increases don't happen only through new neurons. Most of the HC volume loss from Major Depression is not neurons, but neuropil, regions chock full of synapses. Maybe the closest parallel to the significant volume increases observed by Neuralstem in its preclinical studies is in electroconvulsive therapy, which may increase the size of the hippocampus between 5-20% over a period of a few weeks. In ECT, the volume increase has been hypothesized to be anything from synaptogenesis, angiogenesis, gliagenesis, or even from the hippocampus taking up more water or fluid than usual. I think it is possible people are legitimately experiencing anti-depressant effects just from a couple weeks if say, synaptogenesis is involved. Afterall, ketamine works this way, and you feel the effect after just a few hours. But the placebo effect for this drug has probably only been strengthened by the amount of hype that's built up-- don't forget that.

• like x 2

#2142 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:28 PM

There could be allways another effects.

Even Curcuma has some newly discovered properties.

Or the quertecin from Onions etc.

So like everything.

Edited by Flex, 23 June 2014 - 06:29 PM.

#2143 VERITAS INCORRUPTUS

• 257 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:37 PM

^^^

No doubt that may be the case, however, with the preponderance of evidence that seems to point to other neurogenic and related pathways (synaptogenic, or in total 'cerebrotrophic') producing rapid-onset antidepressant effects one can certainly recognize the validity in the theory that some factor within the promotion of cerebrotrophic chemical  signalling elicits these typical and characteristic antidepressant effects.  Cerebrotrophism is the brain going in a 'happy, strong' direction (positive), cerebroatrophism is the brain going in an 'unhappy, weak' (negative) direction.  

Point being, it does not require the profound increase in hippocampal volume or whatever cerebrotrophic increase is promoted (ie., such as for another example, rapid-onset with glutamatergics (ie., ketamine, GLYX-13, et al. which promote synaptogenicity), it is the strength of the directionality as well from a point of cerebroatrophy that fosters this effect.  And yes, I just coined all those terms ;)

Edited by VERITAS INCORRUPTUS, 23 June 2014 - 06:45 PM.

#2144 VP.

• 498 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 07:27 PM

It's really not possible to feel the effects of NSI-189 immediately. Neurogenesis takes time, and even after it does occur, it takes new neurons 4-5 weeks to become functional. So what you have is ether not NSI or you're just experiencing a placebo effect.

Wow, so you already know the exact pharmacodynamics of this drug... I think neuralstem will be happy to hire you.

If it really does work, there's no way it's just neurogenesis. 20% hippocampal volume increases don't happen only through new neurons. Most of the HC volume loss from Major Depression is not neurons, but neuropil, regions chock full of synapses. Maybe the closest parallel to the significant volume increases observed by Neuralstem in its preclinical studies is in electroconvulsive therapy, which may increase the size of the hippocampus between 5-20% over a period of a few weeks. In ECT, the volume increase has been hypothesized to be anything from synaptogenesis, angiogenesis, gliagenesis, or even from the hippocampus taking up more water or fluid than usual. I think it is possible people are legitimately experiencing anti-depressant effects just from a couple weeks if say, synaptogenesis is involved. Afterall, ketamine works this way, and you feel the effect after just a few hours. But the placebo effect for this drug has probably only been strengthened by the amount of hype that's built up-- don't forget that.

From a Gizmodo article about NSI-189: "Dr. Karl Johe, Neuralstem's chief scientific officer, believes that depression is a three-headed beast that affects neurotransmitter levels, neurons, and hippocampus size. And he says their new drug could address all three". 

• like x 2

#2145 h2o

• 52 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:01 PM

My NSI update: I have been cycling NSI-189 for 10 months now and have only continued to see steady improvements. Approximately how much NSI have I taken so far? About 18 grams over 1-2 month on/off cycles with the NSI cycle that I'm currently on being a full 3 months by the end of this week. As a comparison, the highest dose from the 1B clinical trial was 40mg three times a day for 28 days or 3.36 grams total for the entire trial.

I will always remember my initial reaction to the drug back when I took it August of last year. What I will say is this: I was a very strong responder to NSI and felt the anti-depressant effects within the first two hours. I took 40mg orally the first week. Within a certain population, NSI-189 can have a very quick onset just like ketamine is reported to have. I am fully certain that the initial effects were not at all placebo, because placebo effects are vague and abstract while I felt a clear physical uplifting reaction to NSI-189 somewhat similar to how stimulants are fast-acting and energy boosting. Also, if placebo effects do occur, they are usually short lived. My improvements have been stable and I never reverted back to my original pre-NSI depression even during off cycles.

No doubt I still have better days and "less better" days but this is simply within the normal range of human behaviors and my symptoms are very manageable. Before I have had some cognitive and memory  symptoms that were very severe/problematic such as forgetting where I parked my car and difficulty reading in such a way that by time I finished reading a single long sentence I would have forgotten the beginning of the sentence and therefore losing grasp of the entire meaning (disastrous working memory). Keep in mind I am in my 20s, not 80s and I have always had ADD since childhood, but these symptoms associated with depression only  compounded these problems further. I personally think I have much more room for improvement so I plan on continuing to take NSI-189 to see how the effects max out.

There is also so much I more I want to talk about such as how I am much more improved socially and more optimistic about the future.  I am in the early stages of starting an online business and I’m currently learning a foreign language.  I may provide further updates in the future about these subjects.

Other notes: For the first 6 months of my trial, it was NSI-189 which was the only pharmaceutical I was taking along with some general health supplements and vitamins that I had always taken previously with only modest improvements. I wanted to see the effects of NSI-189 i.e. "untested experimental drug" at the time, without conflicting factors. Once I was comfortable with my NSI reaction, more recently (last 2 months) I was on low dose selegiline (2.5mg) and then TA-65. Intriguingly enough, TA-65’s effects, at least for me, were similar (though not exactly the same) to the same effects as taking NSI-189 the first time including improved motivation, energy, and mild head pressure in the beginning. TA-65 might actually be a potent anti-depressant for some people even though it’s marketed as an anti-aging supplement. There are other anecdotal reports and research (shortened telomeres relating to very chronic depression) that point in this direction as well.

Also shout out to MizTen and paul because to my knowledge, we three have been the first human lab rats to have taken such a large amount of NSI over the long term.  So here you go, although NSI-189 has been officially proven safe in humans in 28 days, it has "unofficially" been proven safe and effective over a course of nearly a year. (Wow, has it already been this long?) What a journey this has been!

I will end with a very interesting study (actually one of my favorite studies ever). I can't believe no one has ever mentioned this study in these 70+ pages!

Language learning makes the brain grow, Swedish study suggests

Date:

October 8, 2012

Source:

Lund University

Summary:

At the Swedish Armed Forces Interpreter Academy, young recruits learn a new language at a very fast pace. By measuring their brains before and after the language training, a group of researchers has had an almost unique opportunity to observe what happens to the brain when we learn a new language in a short period of time

At the Swedish Armed Forces Interpreter Academy, young recruits learn a new language at a very fast pace. By measuring their brains before and after the language training, a group of researchers has had an almost unique opportunity to observe what happens to the brain when we learn a new language in a short period of time.

At the Swedish Armed Forces Interpreter Academy in the city of Uppsala, young people with a flair for languages go from having no knowledge of a language such as Arabic, Russian or Dari to speaking it fluently in the space of 13 months. From morning to evening, weekdays and weekends, the recruits study at a pace unlike on any other language course.

As a control group, the researchers used medicine and cognitive science students at Umeå University -- students who also study hard, but not languages. Both groups were given MRI scans before and after a three-month period of intensive study. While the brain structure of the control group remained unchanged, specific parts of the brain of the language students grew. The parts that developed in size were the hippocampus, a deep-lying brain structure that is involved in learning new material and spatial navigation, and three areas in the cerebral cortex.

"We were surprised that different parts of the brain developed to different degrees depending on how well the students performed and how much effort they had had to put in to keep up with the course," says Johan Mårtensson, a researcher in psychology at Lund University, Sweden.

Students with greater growth in the hippocampus and areas of the cerebral cortex related to language learning (superior temporal gyrus) had better language skills than the other students. In students who had to put more effort into their learning, greater growth was seen in an area of the motor region of the cerebral cortex (middle frontal gyrus). The areas of the brain in which the changes take place are thus linked to how easy one finds it to learn a language and development varies according to performance.

Previous research from other groups has indicated that Alzheimer's disease has a later onset in bilingual or multilingual groups.

"Even if we cannot compare three months of intensive language study with a lifetime of being bilingual, there is a lot to suggest that learning languages is a good way to keep the brain in shape," says Johan Mårtensson.

Edited by h2o, 23 June 2014 - 11:04 PM.

• like x 14

#2146 tolerant

• 470 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:22 AM

I have a theory that simply the promotion of marked neurogenic signalling in and of itself creates signalling pathways of some nature that promote neurochemical signalling that results in antidpressant and mood-elevating effects.  This I theorize is generally universal to most all pathways of 'neurogenic' signalling (such as GDNF/BDNF/NGF neutrophic signalling, synaptogenic signalling, etc.) and likely also correlates in degree of rapidity of onset and how pronounced the degree of effects are relative to the strength of the signalling.  Promotion of cascades comprising multiple neurogenic pathways may be extremely potent as such and as well be synergistic.

Without having any background in the biological sciences, I believe this to be an elegant and sound theory. Natural selection means that organisms evolve adaptive traits. It stands to reason that for a human being, something that is good for the in terms of survival should feel good. Increasing neurogenesis and precursory steps to it is obviously good for various species, so activities and drugs that work by increasing BDNF should make the person feel good, even before any neurogenesis actually occurs.

#2147 tolerant

• 470 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:28 AM

Which two vendors are they from??

If anybody wants to know which vendors these charts are from, please message me privately. The chart on the right has already been posted in this thread a few pages earlier and identified as coming from Wuhan HengHeDa.

Edited by tolerant, 24 June 2014 - 12:35 AM.

#2148 DaneV

• 98 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:29 AM

Although I was planning not to drink during my NSI trail, I did go to see the match NED-CHI today, which inevitably resulted in drinking a "couple" of more beers then I should.

All I can say, NSI-189 + Alcohol didn`t seem to cause any negative effects for me. On the contrary, I had an extraordinary good time today, but who knows if NSI or NED`s victory had anything to do with that :)

#2149 VERITAS INCORRUPTUS

• 257 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:32 AM

Although I was planning not to drink during my NSI trail, I did go to see the match NED-CHI today, which inevitably resulted in drinking a "couple" of more beers then I should.

All I can say, NSI-189 + Alcohol didn`t seem to cause any negative effects for me. On the contrary, I had an extraordinary good time today, but who knows if NSI or NED`s victory had anything to do with that :)

Well that I would more so have to attribute to the victory and the EtOH,  ;)

Edited by VERITAS INCORRUPTUS, 24 June 2014 - 12:32 AM.

• like x 1

#2150 VERITAS INCORRUPTUS

• 257 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:35 AM

I have a theory that simply the promotion of marked neurogenic signalling in and of itself creates signalling pathways of some nature that promote neurochemical signalling that results in antidpressant and mood-elevating effects.  This I theorize is generally universal to most all pathways of 'neurogenic' signalling (such as GDNF/BDNF/NGF neutrophic signalling, synaptogenic signalling, etc.) and likely also correlates in degree of rapidity of onset and how pronounced the degree of effects are relative to the strength of the signalling.  Promotion of cascades comprising multiple neurogenic pathways may be extremely potent as such and as well be synergistic.

Without having any background in the biological sciences, I believe this to be an elegant and sound theory. Natural selection means that organisms evolve adaptive traits. It stands to reason that for a human being, something that is good for the in terms of survival should feel good. Increasing neurogenesis and precursory steps to it is obviously good for various species, so activities and drugs that work by increasing BDNF should make the person feel good, even before any neurogenesis actually occurs.

Note as well, this also corresponds to and encompasses the rationale behind this within its entirety as a pro-survival/life theory wherein the telomerase activators as well promoting a sense of well-being as alluded to by h2o a few posts above.  I have promoted this theory for quite some time and it seems to be gaining more and street cred ;) Some studies on what is transpiring within the opioid system would perhaps reveal something there at play within the pro-life/survivial signalling cascades as the opioidergic system is key fundamentally at the core of the well/unwell - life/death axis.

Edited by VERITAS INCORRUPTUS, 24 June 2014 - 12:40 AM.

• like x 1
  • dislike x 1

#2151 themadscientist

• 50 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:20 AM

For everyone who has ordered or considering ordering NSI-189, here's some food for thought. I enclose two NMR spectroscopy charts which are being made available by two different suppliers. Now to my untrained eye, they seem to be a photocopy of each other. I cannot spot a single difference - not in the graphs, not in any of the numbers, not in formatting, not in anything. To me, slightly differing charts from two other suppliers, also posted here, inspire more confidence than two identical charts. Now, I'm not saying their products are not necessarily legit, but at least one of them has not had their product independently examined. I know nothing about spectrometry, so I am ready to be corrected on this, but for two charts to be basically a duplicate of each other, they would have to be run on the same machine with the same software, same quality printer, same purity/concentration of substance, etc. How likely that is, I don't know. You can be the judge. I enclose both of these charts. Maybe you can spot a single difference between them, which I couldn't.

The chart on the left looks like a photocopy of the one I posted. It's exactly the same, but just slightly distorted.

#2152 neuralis

• 84 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:30 AM

Can anyone who received a free sample from tht confirm that their product is legit??

#2153 themadscientist

• 50 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:34 AM

Can anyone who received a free sample from tht confirm that their product is legit??

Yes it's legit, at least from my experience. I do get the head pressure (mild headache) from it. As for any benefits, i really can't tell just yet.

#2154 noot_in_the_sky

• 287 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:13 PM

ABC, why are you using Ostarine? Is it for a nootropic effect or depression? What is the dosage, are you experiencing some androgenic effects or not?  Sorry, for so many questions is just that I'm very interested.

Tolerant, if you care to know the guy who scheme our friend VLK, is SZYMON KAMINSKI. You can find the information on post #1645 in the following link:

http://www.longecity...nhancer/page-55

Btw, have somebody previously order from the Chinise manufacture,  Wuhan HengHeDa?

#2155 nat

• 19 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:36 PM

ABC, why are you using Ostarine? Is it for a nootropic effect or depression? What is the dosage, are you experiencing some androgenic effects or not?  Sorry, for so many questions is just that I'm very interested.

Neither. It's about 1/3 for fun, 1/3 for general strength and endurance, 1/3 for development of fine motor endurance (for piano). No noticeable androgenic effects or change in sex drive (though an increase from the NSI-189). Was doing 20mg once daily, just switched to 2x10mg, and I'll taper off in a couple weeks, replacing with a raloxifene cycle just in case it's been mildly suppressive.

PM me if you have more questions, since this'll quickly get off-topic.

#2156 foreseason

• 176 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:55 PM

Who else is taking NSI-189 from Transhuman Technologies?  What are your thoughts?  I think it is legit but want to hear from others.

What about Nutraction?  I just received some from them but haven't tried it yet. 

Also, is anyone experiencing joint pain?  Or something along those lines?  It began about a week after I started my cycle (im on day 13).  Its real brief shooting type pains in my legs mainly.  It reminds me of what I may feel after taking a really long run.  I suspect it's due to the NSI but obviously can't say for sure. 

That's really the only really noticeable side effects I'm dealing with.  I had some very minor headaches at first but they were short-lived. 

#2157 FW900

• 341 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:38 PM

Who else is taking NSI-189 from Transhuman Technologies?  What are your thoughts?  I think it is legit but want to hear from others.

What about Nutraction?  I just received some from them but haven't tried it yet. 

Also, is anyone experiencing joint pain?  Or something along those lines?  It began about a week after I started my cycle (im on day 13).  Its real brief shooting type pains in my legs mainly.  It reminds me of what I may feel after taking a really long run.  I suspect it's due to the NSI but obviously can't say for sure. 

That's really the only really noticeable side effects I'm dealing with.  I had some very minor headaches at first but they were short-lived. 

I didn't have time to take a long look at the H-NMR spectra images that were up on Transhuman Technologies website, but I as I recall they were just .jpeg images with a fancy background and no time, date, or spectrometer name which was very suspicious. There are ways to fake it (e.g., DOSY NMR). If anyone has the spectra images saved that were up on the website, please upload them here.

A typical spectra will usually have something like this and as I recall THT had nothing resembling this:

NAME NSN-2203
EXPNO 1
PROCNO 1
Date_ 20140408
Time 16.04
INSTRUM spect
PROBHD 5 mm PABBO BB-
PULPROG zg30
TD 65536
SOLVENT CDCl3
NS 16
DS 2
SWH 8223.685 Hz
FIDRES 0.125483 Hz
AQ 3.9846387 sec
RG 40.3
DW 60.800 usec
DE 6.50 usec
TE 296.0 K
D1 1.00000000 sec
TD0 1

#2158 foreseason

• 176 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:10 PM

I just tried the NSI-189 from Nutraction and I'm a little concerned.  The THT NSI has a very strong and bitter taste which I have heard is how it should taste.  The Nutraction NSI I just tried barely had any taste at all.  It was also very light and fluffy compared to the more crystalized THT NSI. 

I sent an email to Nutraction stating my concerns about authenticity and asking them to provide me with any test results/data that shows their product is authentic.

When I first contacted THT I told them I had another trusted source for NSI-189 and basically told them to convince me to buy from them instead.  They said I could see for myself and sent me a free sample.  I don't have any other experience with them but I do know people have been happy with their other products.

Edited by foreseason, 24 June 2014 - 06:10 PM.

• Good Point x 1

#2159 DaneV

• 98 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:59 PM

I just tried the NSI-189 from Nutraction and I'm a little concerned.  The THT NSI has a very strong and bitter taste which I have heard is how it should taste.  The Nutraction NSI I just tried barely had any taste at all.  It was also very light and fluffy compared to the more crystalized THT NSI. 

Same concern here. I also ordered from two seperate sources, nutraction being one of them. Indeed, the substance that we got shipped from nutraction barely had any taste compared to the strong bitter/numbing taste of the NSI-189 i`ve been using for 4 days now (which i`m kinda confident is legitimate after reading through this topic).

I will not use nutraction`s product until I get some confirmation about it`s authenticity. If anyone is willing to do some testing, i`ll be happy to send a gram to them.

Honestly I really dislike the fact that we are not certain about the exact contents of the "NSI-189" that is available here and there, and I sure wouldn`t have taken it if the drug didn`t show so much promise and my need for a promising substance wasn`t so high. I would like to contribute if someone can set up some reliable third party testing and/or a reliable group buy. Unfortunately I haven`t got the time and knowledge to do it myself.

Edited by DaneV, 24 June 2014 - 10:10 PM.

• Good Point x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#2160 SearchingForAnswers

• 213 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:43 PM

OK, I'm confused, how did you order from tht.co since their web site is down?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nsi-189

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users