NSI-189

nsi-189

• Please log in to reply
6219 replies to this topic

#1081 researchist

• 176 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:11 PM

http://www.plosone.o...al.pone.0002558 What this is saying is that some SSRI's are NGF agonists and some are not. Luvox but not Zoloft or paxil stimulates neurite outgrowth. So the idea is that strong ongoing neurite growth has an antidepressant effect. But all compounds that have an antidepressant effect also stimulate neuron growth. Since some antidepressents are potent stimulators of NGF there is a correlation. You would expect that since NSI-189 increased neurite growth that it might increase your sense of wellbeing.
  • dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#1082 meatsauce

• 329 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 12:36 AM

I have been using a few doses inter nasally and it seems that I get a nice sense of brain body euphoria from it. Its almost if it has light "psychedelic" effects. It could be placebo or the pain rebound from doing it but I feel something from this method. Oh yea be warned - it HURTS.

For those willing please try and report back. Try 10mg each nostril at first.
  • dislike x 1
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#1083 meatsauce

• 329 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 01:43 AM

I have been experimenting with a few doses intranasally and subjectively the effects have been strong. I get a little euphoria and a slight psychedelic feeling. The nose cant take that much at once and it seems that if I try to do more a few minutes later it doesn't absorb well.

I have to warn it is painful but form those willing, try a little each nostril and report back what you feel.

So far I feel a sense of inner happiness growing inside of me. It's that type of happiness that seems to come from within your body, like everything is going to be ok. Similar to how most of us felt like when we were kids. It is still subtle but hopfully it keeps growing into a pronounced sense of inner happiness and peace.
  • like x 1

#1084 therein

• 226 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 03:16 AM

Nasal administration of NSI-189 is very painful indeed.

One thing I noticed that's very significant is how NSI-189 totally gets rid of the crash from dopaminergic stimulant use. I am prescribed Adderall for ADHD and I've been taking it daily for over a year now. I am just not crashing anymore, it is ridiculous. I forgot to take my second dose for the first time in a year today.
  • like x 1

#1085 owtsgmi

• 162 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:11 AM

This must have a dopaminergic action of some sort (possibly just potentiates it). I took my normal small dose of rasagiline and got a headache i usually associate with taking TOO much rasagiline. I may skip the rasagiline for the remainder of the trial.

#1086 daouda

• 469 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:18 AM

Anybody stacking Cerebrolysin with NSI189? I think this might be the most sensible/interesting combo, since CERE is synaptotrophic and also contains a lot of nutrients needed for neurogenesis, making it the perfect companion to NSI189.
About "brain food" while on NSI189, is anybody taking stuff like lecithin/DHA/uridine to provide "building blocks" for the brain?
  • like x 1

#1087 Rior

• 279 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:23 AM

I've got some Cere left from a regimen a while back, I've been considering combining 5mLs with the NSI once I receive it...(should be tomorrow?) Its just a consideration, but it does make sense. Don't want to somehow overload my brain though if NSI is already that strong

#1088 sunshinefrost

• 455 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:25 AM

This must have a dopaminergic action of some sort (possibly just potentiates it). I took my normal small dose of rasagiline and got a headache i usually associate with taking TOO much rasagiline. I may skip the rasagiline for the remainder of the trial.

I never have headache and i had one today. No rasagiline in my regimen. After the headache i suspect i felt the nsi. I wasnt as focused as on cerebrolysin but i feel there may be a build up. I stayed focused throughout the rest of the day; i still am way too much focused for this timeof the evening. I suspect i will have trouble sleeping.

Edited by sunshinefrost, 15 August 2013 - 04:35 AM.

#1089 sunshinefrost

• 455 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:31 AM

Anybody stacking Cerebrolysin with NSI189? I think this might be the most sensible/interesting combo, since CERE is synaptotrophic and also contains a lot of nutrients needed for neurogenesis, making it the perfect companion to NSI189.
About "brain food" while on NSI189, is anybody taking stuff like lecithin/DHA/uridine to provide "building blocks" for the brain?

Having felt both of those susbtances i think it may be too much. i am usually very sensitive to any susbtances but still... I have cere here at home, tempted to try it, but a bit wary. I want to test nsi alone first.

As for brain food here is my stack:

- nsi-189 45 mg in morning
- folic acid
- phosphatidyl serine
- phosphatidyl choline
- omega 3

I was thinking of adding pqq + coq10

Edited by sunshinefrost, 15 August 2013 - 04:39 AM.

#1090 Steve Zissou

• 91 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:47 AM

Still haven't received my package yet. Anyone else in the same boat as me?

I live in Middle Earth
  • like x 1

#1091 neopeon

• 21 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:52 PM

It's been quiet here. Anyone care to share? :)

#1092 sparkk51

• 418 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:07 PM

It's been quiet here. Anyone care to share? :)

Sure, I'd like to say that this stuff taste like some kind of burnt material. It can be rough at times...

#1093 sunshinefrost

• 455 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:30 PM

i was hoping that, like cerebrolysin, NSI would yeild that powerful clarity and calmness but instead it makes me feel a bit rushed. Thought processing is greatly accelerated but i didn't notice any memory enhancement so far. The stuff is pretty powerfull, it kicks in several hours after i've taken a very samll amount.

oh and you really don't need to be taking this intranasal.... this works all day at 20 mg orally... easily, it's powerful.

Edited by sunshinefrost, 16 August 2013 - 05:35 PM.

• like x 1

#1094 neopeon

• 21 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:33 PM

Hi, Sunshine. Thanks for the update. Do you have any feedback regarding the emotional experience of NSI? For example, any changes in mood, energy, optimism, quality of life, etc.

#1095 sunshinefrost

• 455 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:46 PM

Hi, Sunshine. Thanks for the update. Do you have any feedback regarding the emotional experience of NSI? For example, any changes in mood, energy, optimism, quality of life, etc.

Yes i do feel a small mood improvement actually but it still might be residual placebo as i had huge expectations for this. like others mentionned it's not euphoria. but then again Euphoria isn't my goal just yet. Definitly more optimist but this is because there is free energy that comes with NSI.

As for working memory, i feel my thoughs more organised, my performance improved in video games (BF3) but no improvements on DNB. i'm going to be reading a lot today, i'll report later.

Edited by sunshinefrost, 16 August 2013 - 05:48 PM.

#1096 neopeon

• 21 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:06 PM

Yes i do feel a small mood improvement actually but it still might be residual placebo as i had huge expectations for this. like others mentionned it's not euphoria. but then again Euphoria isn't my goal just yet. Definitly more optimist but this is because there is free energy that comes with NSI.

As for working memory, i feel my thoughs more organised, my performance improved in video games (BF3) but no improvements on DNB. i'm going to be reading a lot today, i'll report later.

Great to hear how you're progressing, Sunshine. I don't think euphoria is a necessary (or useful) target as well. Life is all about balance, right? But if NSI helps us maintain a more positive outlook so we can all reach our own potential, that would be awesome. Best of luck!

Edited by neopeon, 16 August 2013 - 06:08 PM.

#1097 KoolK3n

• 253 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:48 PM

What's ur Steam username? I play BF3 a lot lol.

#1098 sunshinefrost

• 455 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:34 PM

What's ur Steam username? I play BF3 a lot lol.

Mindfulman2 ;)

#1099 Sholrak

• 222 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:54 PM

HA! I play BF3 (X360) and have realized I'm better too :laugh:
  • like x 2

#1100 sunshinefrost

• 455 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:30 PM

Can somedy confirm if nsi is supossed to increase the activity of progenitor cells ? Someone asked a very good question to me; since there is only a limited supply of these progenitor cells, maybe taking nsi189 for too long would exaust the stores. What do you guys think?

#1101 telight

• 173 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:31 PM

When I took 40mg, I noticed that there was some left on the spoon that I was using to measure out the powder (the stuff just sticks to everything). Anyways, I decided not to waste any NSI-189 and licked it directly off the spoon. About 15 minutes later I am noticing a numbing of the tongue and mouth, its mild, but I just took a small amount. I am also noticing changes in my consciousness--this stuff is potent be careful guys.
  • like x 1

#1102 gnappi

• 112 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:57 PM

Please, don't leave me so jealous!! I want this stuff!!! :)

#1103 daouda

• 469 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:22 PM

Please, don't leave me so jealous!! I want this stuff!!! :)

Let's keep our heads cool people... it's too early to get prematurely excited about anything isn't it?
How much is the longest someone has ingested daily doses of NSI-189 here?

#1104 sparkk51

• 418 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:54 PM

I started last Saturday evening; That was 5 days ago, meaning I've taken 250 mg so far.

#1105 therein

• 226 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 12:44 AM

I've been taking it for the last 6 days and in my opinion, the effects are somewhat diminished. I don't think I am building a tolerance for it, but rather getting accustomed to its effects.

Today at work, I've had the chance to test NSI-189's interaction with alcohol and I wasn't surprised to see that it made it a clearer high. The aftermath was weird, though. I got a headache that lasted about 10 minutes accompanied by a certain amount of brain fog. It has been over an hour since the headache subsided and I am feeling much better right now. In fact, my verbal fluency and sociability skyrocketed after the headache. Note that I was fully sober by then.

#1106 Xenix

• 212 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 06:35 AM

I'm hoping that this isn't placebo, but I do seem to be responding positively. I'm feeling better emotionally, but also more 'aware' - as if I have more control over my thoughts.

In a way, I feel like a lot of my previously negative autonomous thinking patterns (subconscious) are coming closer to the 'surface'. The way that I think is becoming clearer and more accessible to me.

It's been four days for me.

#1107 therein

• 226 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 05:36 PM

Yesterday night, I took part in my daily Cannabis ritual of vaporizing weed and watching Netflix before going to bed. I usually find myself thinking about my day and how it went; and I always end up finding something to dwell on, something that I fucked up that day. This is an aspect of my social anxiety and it makes me feel depressed after a certain point.

This time was different, though. I found myself going through the people that I had interacted throughout the day, and noticed that I ended each and every one of those interactions on a good note. Today resulted in me being closer to every person I had interacted. I found myself thinking "today was the best day ever". I think NSI might be a reason.
  • like x 4

#1108 MizTen

• 261 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:18 PM

I've been taking NSI-189 for 5 days.

Most of what I've experienced is very similar to what Therein has posted on this thread. Although questions about how much of the effect is placebo are valid, I know I have enough self-awareness to rule that out for reasons stated below.

Overcoming PTSD is the primary reason I've been trying the various nootropics in the last several months.

The effects of NSI-189 at first were notable because of the change in my thought and response patterns. Negative mind chatter diminished a lot, sometimes disappearing altogether. I also just felt much better emotionally. It seems that the perpetual vigilance of being poised between fight or flight simply vanished.

It is as if all the mindfulness practice I've done over the last few years finally took hold and now works continously (and without conscious effort). This sounds paradoxical, because mindfulness is, in part, about making at least some small conscious effort, at least to initiate mindfulness.

Unfortunately I did not start my usual log for evaluating something new, which I had intended to do with NSI-189. Right after I started the NSI-189 unexpected events occurred that were very stressful and pulled most of my focus and energy away from optimizing my life and threw me into survival mode instead.

In the past, these kind of events, along with the ensuing survival mode, would have triggered full-blown PTSD symptoms for days, if not weeks or months. But that didn't happen this time. Even under normal circumstances I sometimes have mild PTSD symptoms. I had only been taking the NSI-189 for about 1 day when the s**t hit the fan in my life. I was able to handle the situations that arose without any mental struggle or emotional shut-down.

I have worked hard for years to eradicate the PTSD, using many different modalities. Though some things were very helpful I never quite achieved my goal of eradicating PTSD. No doubt, that for me, chronic PTSD causes some kind of brain "damage." I strongly suspect that NSI-189 is making part of my brain a lot more efficient at processing emotional states in real time.

There's potential with this drug to heal certain mental health conditions, especially with supportive modalities, such as CBT, mindfulness training, etc. I also see how this could be very useful for exercise and learning practice, because the negative mental tracks are pretty much erased or at least silenced. So you can train yourself without all of the self-doubt bogging you down, but retain healthy self-awareness and common sense for your safety and well-being.

It is helping me achieve balance and calm without removing pleasure and without making me too "Zen" or robotic.

It's a little like therapeutic drugs and mind training I've taken in the past for anxiety, ADD, and PTSD, but also very different because it seems to have a wide area of effect on the brain and has not, thus far, felt like too much.

It is not exactly like a stimulant, an anti-depressant, an anxiolytic, a sedative, or a nootropic. No intense drive, pleasant hypomania, euphoria, or chill to the point of emotional numbness. But it is somewhat like all of the above with a difference that I can't yet figure out. Maybe it's simply that it has such a broad-spectrum effect that it's hard to define.

I'm taking 40-50 mg twice a day soon after eating. I think that lower doses may be equally effective. I'm watching the pile of sample diminish and wondering what will happen when it's gone.

I am not experiencing any tolerance effect. But I have gotten used to it's broad spectrum effect. Now that things have calmed down in my life I am working on NSI-189's potential for enhancing my mental and emotional functioning. I will start logging effects in a more systematic fashion now.

If this is truly harmless and is working for others as I've experienced, I would rate it at the top of brain healing and brain enhancing drugs. Especially if it helps optimize (for the long term) other goals and strategies, like learning, physical training, and creative skills.

Sorry if I've detracted from the goal of objectivity that others have stated. But I am pretty sure I will participate in the 2nd group buy and a little worried that availability of this drug may diminish.

Note to people who drink alcohol while taking any nootropics: mechanism of action is not always clear with these drugs, but an increase in brain cell permeability does happen with some, so if your brain cells have become temporarily more permeable as a result of some nootropics you're taking, you might want to consider how much alcohol and how often you want to also permeate your brain cells...
No alcohol or extreme moderation seems wisest to me, maybe even more so with NSI-189 because both excess alcohol and NSI-189 are known to affect the hippocampus.

Edited by MizTen, 17 August 2013 - 07:27 PM.

• like x 8
  • dislike x 1
  • Informative x 1

#1109 paul

• 81 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:27 PM

Day 15 for me, results have been very positive :)
  • dislike x 1
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#1110 neopeon

• 21 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:36 PM

MizTen-- what an informative update! Much appreciated and I'm happy for your positive response. Are you currently taking any other meds/drugs simultaneously with NSI? I noticed from some other posts, that some folks were still on existing meds (prescription or pot,etc). While it may be unavoidable/unwise to stop taking your existing meds, I can't help but wonder how it affects the experience of NSI.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nsi-189

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users