• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 23 votes

COLURACETAM - User Feedback

coluracetam racetam piracetam pramiracetam oxiracetam aniracetam memory cognitive cognition nootropic

• Please log in to reply
592 replies to this topic

#121 Raza

• 454 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:22 PM

I received my sample of coluracetam today. Thanks Scienceguy!

I'm currently in another supplement test run that I want to finish, and possibly participating in a pharmaceutical clinical trial in the nearby future, so there'll be some delay before I can properly wash out and try coluracetam. Will post back when I start.

#122 Baten

• 785 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:46 PM

Received my sample in the post today, too! I'll have to wait a little while until I have the free time to spend on wash-out and experimenting.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#123 renfr

• 1,059 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:42 AM

Thank you ScienceGuy. I just received my sample, delivery was indeed very fast.
However I will only begin trials in two weeks as I haven't received my 0.001g scale yet.
I do have a question, if one does not take it sublingually then in which kind of substance coluracetam should be mixed with? Water, alcohol, lipids?

#124 Introspecta

• 622 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:31 PM

Man I figured you guys would be prepared to experiment after recieving it. lol. Oh well I guess i'll have to wait. I live in the U.S. so I assume my sample will be taking it bit more time to arrive. We shall see. Really looking forward to some updates and then eventually reports of other people trialing Coluracetam.
  • like x 1

#125 kenj

• 747 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:18 PM

Man I figured you guys would be prepared to experiment after recieving it.

I'll kickstart this.

First, thanks again to ScienceGuy for this very generous sample.
Here's my quick 1st impressions with COLUracetam. This is of course highly anecdotal, FWIW, and definitely not conclusive, having taken it for only 3 days. Just wanted to pop in with 3 things.

1. I must say it's got an appropriate 'first name': COLUracetam, because one of the first effects I noted was a much stronger perception of colors in nature. It's currently autumn outside; colors are very vibrant around this time, and the racetams, for me, tend to intensify and add 'depth' to colors in nature. COLUracetam seems to be the strongest racetam in this regard. I could almost TASTE and EAT the colors (weird explanation, I know...).

2. It really doesn't go well with supplemental choline, for me. I took my usual ~600mg choline (from a 'choline cocktail') on the 3rd day of COLUracetam supplementation, and it really seemed to be 'over-kill'. Within 1 hour I was attacked and surrounded by the dreadful choline blues some people get from too much choline.
I didn't get any nausea, tension in shoulders or any classic "oh no, too much choline" physical effects, just a mentally depressing effect. Thankfully 1 hour of outdoor running made it vanish.

3. I can't conclude anything yet obviously but after 3 days I'll cautiously compare it to PRAMIracetam, at least the initial effects, - like a SUPER colorful (!) version of PRAMIracetam, hehe.
Excessive dosing leaves me peaceful, indulgent, and blunts my motivation, cravings for palatable food increases a bit, however the low dosing of COLUracetam seems very interesting. Flow of thoughts increase. I'll need to give it a week or two or more before I can tell if it does anything for my cognition.

Here's my administration the first 3 days:

19. Oktober 10mg QD sublingually
20. Oktober 10mg BID sublingually
21. Oktober 30mg BID sublingually (added ~600mg choline)

So for now I'll go back to 10mg QD or BID, and not take any choline.
I'll stay far, far away from PRAMIracetam and even PIracetam, but I'll eventually look into co-supplementing ANIracetam, since ANI always 'worked' for me.

Curious to see what people experience with this one. Thanks again to ScienceGuy for sharing this 'obscure' racetam with the public. Wouldn't it be cool if it became readily available (99.9% quality) ?
  • like x 2

#126 Crispy Cat

• 76 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:39 PM

i had the first 10mg dose today..
personally the visual aspect was not nearly as pronounced as noopept far more inline with the vision alteration that i get with pramiracetam
the lights all did definitely seemed brighter
it was however enough to distract me from the tests and lectures i was meant to be watching .. (infact i got bored of the computer after doing the tests and stripped the paint off my bathroom door)
from first experience id say its not a study drug for me but that may change with further doses so far it has felt more like oxiracetam calm and relaxed but with the above mentioned visual aspect
ill write more in depth once i have some more experience ;)
  • like x 1

#127 CIMN

• Validating/Suspended
  • 168 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:37 AM

Thanks for the first reviews on this racetam, i wonder if it would stack well with something like DMAE, or a Dopamine stimulant maybe. Since it is a Cholinergic the choline overload is a possibility, but it might still synergize with choline at a lower dose, I don't really want Depression though. Looking forward to it. wonder how it would work with Forskolin

Edited by CIMN, 22 October 2012 - 12:44 AM.

#128 gizmobrain

• 548 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:46 AM

wonder how it would work with Forskolin

This will definitely be one of my tests after I establish it's effects by itself. I have 98% forskolin extract sitting here waiting.

#129 ScienceGuy

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:16 AM

Thank you for your feedback so far... keep 'em coming! ;) :)

I do have a question, if one does not take it sublingually then in which kind of substance coluracetam should be mixed with? Water, alcohol, lipids?

Excellent question :)

COLURACETAM is not soluble in WATER, nor apparently FAT either. Very little is currently known regarding precisely what percentage is absorbed when taken via PER ORAL administration (i.e. simply swallowed); however, please kindly note that the clinical trials carried out by BRAINCELLS Inc. did in fact employ PER ORAL administration of COLURACETAM (albeit with a much higher dosage of 80mg 1-3 times daily), so one would assume they verified that the PER ORAL administration method is sufficiently effective in delivering COLURACETAM to the plasma.

In short, my recommendation for OPTIMAL ABSORPTION is to take it SUBLINGUALLY. If you decide to swallow it then be prepared for a lesser amount of absorption to occur, the extent of which at this point in time is unknown ;) (N.B. COLURACETAM does taste unpleasant, but I find the unpleasant taste can be mostly avoided if one tips the COLURACETAM powder under the tongue and lets it dissolve for a period of circa 5 minutes and then chases it with some ORANGE JUICE or LIME CORDIAL (or similar) to cleanse the pallet :))

...It really doesn't go well with supplemental choline, for me. I took my usual ~600mg choline (from a 'choline cocktail') on the 3rd day of COLUracetam supplementation, and it really seemed to be 'over-kill'. Within 1 hour I was attacked and surrounded by the dreadful choline blues some people get from too much choline.
I didn't get any nausea, tension in shoulders or any classic "oh no, too much choline" physical effects, just a mentally depressing effect. Thankfully 1 hour of outdoor running made it vanish...

My recommendation is that individuals try COLURACETAM both without and with supplemental CHOLINE and ascertain how they themselves respond. It is interesting KENJ that I also have found that COLURACETAM is best taken without any supplemental CHOLINE whatsoever... :)

...i wonder if it would stack well with something like DMAE, or a Dopamine stimulant maybe. Since it is a Cholinergic the choline overload is a possibility, but it might still synergize with choline at a lower dose, I don't really want Depression though. Looking forward to it. wonder how it would work with Forskolin...

Bear in mind that it is possible the COLURACETAM modulates DOPAMINE in some way itself. In fact, currently we know very little about what is the extent of COLURACETAM's pharmacological effects. I would keep an open mind and avoid focusing on its possible CHOLINERGIC aspect too much ;)

Edited by ScienceGuy, 22 October 2012 - 08:29 AM.

#130 greekpsychonaut

• 75 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:42 AM

As long as it isn't as vial as Pramiracetam I am okay...

#131 kenj

• 747 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:39 AM

Vial? Sorry, what do you mean? (I'm not a native english speaker...)

#132 gizmobrain

• 548 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:43 AM

He meant "vile" as in terrible.

He had a bad experience with pramiracetam.
  • like x 2

#133 kenj

• 747 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:01 AM

Ah, thanks.

If he meant the taste of PRAM I think COLU is not as bad, though it's not exactly pleasant.

(N.B. COLURACETAM does taste unpleasant, but I find the unpleasant taste can be mostly avoided if one tips the COLURACETAM powder under the tongue and lets it dissolve for a period of circa 5 minutes and then chases it with some ORANGE JUICE or LIME CORDIAL (or similar) to cleanse the pallet :))

Me, myself and my taste buds like the tiny dose of 10mg Coluracetam more than chugging 5-10 GRAMS of Piracetam anyway.

#134 ScienceGuy

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:53 AM

Ah, thanks.

If he meant the taste of PRAM I think COLU is not as bad, though it's not exactly pleasant.

(N.B. COLURACETAM does taste unpleasant, but I find the unpleasant taste can be mostly avoided if one tips the COLURACETAM powder under the tongue and lets it dissolve for a period of circa 5 minutes and then chases it with some ORANGE JUICE or LIME CORDIAL (or similar) to cleanse the pallet :))

Me, myself and my taste buds like the tiny dose of 10mg Coluracetam more than chugging 5-10 GRAMS of Piracetam anyway.

COLURACETAM tastes pretty revolting, however in my opinion it is not quite as bad as PRAMIRACETAM; furthermore, I find that PRAMIRACETAM actually attacks the mucosal lining of the mouth if held within it for a prolonged period (such as with SUBLINGUAL administration) wherein it induces sores, whereas COLURACETAM whilst tasting unpleasant is in no way aggressive on the linings of the mouth; and I agree with KENJ that chugging 5-10 GRAMS Piracetam is a significantly more unpleasant experience than dosing 10mg COLURACETAM SUBLINGUALLY :)

#135 Crispy Cat

• 76 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:57 AM

found the taste to be barely noticeable but with a slight chemical aftertaste and a slight dehydration feeling at the back of my tongue (have been keeping it under my tongue for as long as possible before swallowing )

I am interested if anyone else has had a change in their dreams or sleep?

#136 ScienceGuy

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:02 PM

I am interested if anyone else has had a change in their dreams or sleep?

For me, COLURACETAM significantly improves my sleep onset and quality :)

#137 Crispy Cat

• 76 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:36 PM

For me, COLURACETAM significantly improves my sleep onset and quality :)

ok thats a good sign! ...
and in which case it may have been the paint fumes from heat stripping a door...
however i had some terrifying nightmares last night similar to times i have taken too much 5htp
they were extremely realistic to the point i had to get up and check there was not a meat cleaver embedded in the left side of my face!
this is very strange for me as i normally sleep heavily and without memorable dreams and can not remember the last time i had a nightmare other than the 5htp incidents

ill avoid diy fumes tonight and see how sleep goes :)

as an update to the trial yesterday on 2 x 10mg went well visual clarity is still not as amazing for me as others have described and i look forward to trying a higher dose to hopefully achieve this effect.
i seem to be sticking to physical projects not being able to hold interest in the bright computer screens even the tests have become a bother
physical energy is markedly improved, noticed when i ran 30 loft panels up into my elderly neighbours loft rather quickly right after a 5 mile cycle!
also pain is greatly reduced unfortunately only noticed this after acquiring two semi circle burn marks from the 500c tip of the heat gun!
no notable cognitive improvements as yet except the focus to finish physical tasks

#138 CIMN

• Validating/Suspended
  • 168 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:15 PM

It would help if we could find some patents or articles as references for the receptors that coluracetam interacts with.. going with anecdotal would still leave us in the dark, at least it would assist the anecdotal information.

" Bear in mind that it is possible the COLURACETAM modulates DOPAMINE in some way itself. In fact, currently we know very little about what is the extent of COLURACETAM's pharmacological effects. I would keep an open mind and avoid focusing on its possible CHOLINERGIC aspect too much "

Is there any reference to believe it modulates dopamine?

#139 golden1

• 681 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:45 PM

I think he is just saying to keep your mind open as to it's pharmacology and not assume that it's all to do with choline, but maybe there is a paper somewhere.

#140 Crispy Cat

• 76 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:53 PM

no nightmares last night so hopefully thats down to paint fumes a few more days should rule the coluracetam out ..however still had rather disturbed sleep resulting in waking up an hour early!

day 3
was otherwise good little to no difference in visual effects, had one interesting result on cambridge sciences polygones test scoring 93! my previous non medicated best was 75 hope this is repeatable
also managed to get some lectures in and feel the data absorbed better!

day 4
today i have taken 20mg at lunch and while looking at my hand have noticed some higher visual clarity compared with lower doses, vivid colours like the hi viz on the builders across the road are notably brighter.

#141 ilove2dub

• 5 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:34 PM

Received the goods =]

will commence testing tomorrow before class.

Cheers

#142 zeroskater6979

• 116 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:10 PM

Just received my sample as well. I will begin tests this friday.

#143 golden1

• 681 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:11 PM

Got it. Had 10mg under my tongue, some didn't dissolve(happens to me with a lot of sublingual things sometimes) so I swallowed the rest. Will report on any initial subjective effects for now, as I'm short on free time to really test it out for now.
As of now, I can say I definitely feel it as a slight warmth/euphoria in my head, it's also giving me a slightly restless feeling(this goes away if I relax with it or am busy on another task) and a caffeine like energy(better focus though).
Overall I'm liking it, I think, and the restless feeling may be from an interaction with the benzodiazepines or an onset type feeling of getting used to it. This is only my first test and its only been an hour, so take it with a grain of salt.

Only things I take now: 3mg clonazepam daily, vitamins, and minerals.

edit: wow, just have to add the color enhancement is very strong, semi-selective depending on how bright the color is to begin with it seems. I noticed easily without trying.
..Also going to have to add that musical enhancement rivals aniracetam, which for me is very very good.

Edited by golden1, 24 October 2012 - 07:38 PM.

#144 kenj

• 747 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:05 PM

edit: wow, just have to add the color enhancement is very strong, semi-selective depending on how bright the color is to begin with it seems. I noticed easily without trying.
..Also going to have to add that musical enhancement rivals aniracetam, which for me is very very good.

You know it! I can testify to the color enhancement. It may sound silly, but today riding my bike through the scenery of autumn, - something like the pic below (!), - I really felt and smelt overwhelming sensations, I don't exactly know how to describe it, I felt extremely lucid and 'high on life' through my senses, nothing like adderall or that kind, but just CONTENT.

Posted Image

I did include about a gram of aniracetam this morning, so that may've intensified these sensations, I respond positively to aniracetam. And, yeah, music becomes definitely very interesting.

Coluracetam still feels like a colorful and more 'smooth' version of PRAMIracetam to me.

What to do with these 'sensations'? I don't know, let's see if we can go somewhere with this...

#145 Rior

• 279 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:53 PM

Received my Coluracetam today. Will begin my washout period, then start trials. Will update as it comes along!

#146 blazewind

• 77 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:25 PM

I have also received the sample and will begin the washout period. I'm pretty excited to be a part of this study! Thanks so much to ScienceGuy for enabling us to investigate the brink of nootropic research.

#147 Augmentation

• 12 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:27 AM

Has anyone experiences chest pain associated with dosing? I do not believe it is a result of the colouracetam however I would like to check with the rest of the testers.

#148 Crispy Cat

• 76 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:47 AM

Has anyone experiences chest pain associated with dosing? I do not believe it is a result of the colouracetam however I would like to check with the rest of the testers.

no chest pains so far, personally if anything it has numbed any sense of pain,

day 4 update
sleep and dreams were back to normal again :)
unfortunately increasing dose to 20mg was a bad idea for me as while i recieved a hint of the colour enhancement i also received a considerable amount of tiredness and a feeling of mental retardation .. which is mirrored by my cambridge tests providing lower scores across the board and fumbling words in the local bike shop!
actual fumble was relatively funny and went like this :

“ i noticed the puncture when i came back to where i barked my pike .. piked my bark .. PARKED MY BIKE"

also found it hard to find the right words and have not remembered anything of the video lectures i tried last night except really vivid images of the instructors faces!

lower dose today 15mg hopefully il retain some colour benefits but without the side effects

#149 Alex Mason

• 3 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:10 PM

Received the sample. Also just received a laboratory scale I ordered. After my washout period I'll start the trial and post weekly updates. Cheers!

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#150 golden1

• 681 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:03 PM

Has anyone dosed orally(not sublingual/partially sublingual) @ 10mg and felt effects?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: coluracetam, racetam, piracetam, pramiracetam, oxiracetam, aniracetam, memory, cognitive, cognition, nootropic

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users