• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 23 votes

COLURACETAM - User Feedback

coluracetam racetam piracetam pramiracetam oxiracetam aniracetam memory cognitive cognition nootropic

• Please log in to reply
592 replies to this topic

#61 Q did it!

• 354 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:30 PM

Sign me up! Very interested

Uh...What he said ;) .

Concerning the subjects that are selected to receive two gram samples of Coluracetam; should current stacks be acquitted for a period of 1-2 weeks prior to starting Coluracetam or should they just be added to the person’s current stack? As to testing of the effects on cognition (such as proper memory tests etc.) and recording of experiences, how extensive should this be? I say the more the better. And on another thought, placebo will need to be considered, but the testing should help with that.

#62 ranza

• 50 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:22 PM

I'm interested too. Let me know if you've got anything left to send over.
Thanks,

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#63 gizmobrain

• 548 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:37 AM

I was hoping you would do this since you have so many doses. I just sent you a PM. I respond well to to racetams so I am eager to try COLURACETAM.

By the way, I have an idea to further test the effects of COLURACETAM. Since it is shown to be a high affinity choline uptake enhancer, the effects should be compared to Ginsenoside Rb1, one of the Ginsenosides that make up Panax Ginseng. If you take a look at the following study, it says:

http://www.ncbi.nlm..../pubmed/1338897
"In the present studies, analysis of choline uptake kinetics indicated that Rb1 increased the maximum velocity of choline uptake, while the affinity of the cholineuptake carrier for choline (Km) was not significantly altered."

Studies show that in Panax Ginseng there are 22+ Ginsenosides (http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/22977120) that all have different (and even competing effects) so it may be masking the good effect that a choline uptake enhancer would have.

So perhaps taking a pure and higher dose of Ginsenoside Rb1 than usually found in a Panax Ginseng pill would lead to similar effects of COLURACETAM and clue us into what exactly a choline uptake enhancer does.

Currently I do not see any pure Ginsenoside Rb1 for sale from any retailers but there are some Chinese manufacturers that have it available.

What do you think ScienceGuy?

I am very interested in this approach as well.

#64 CIMN

• Validating/Suspended
  • 168 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:06 AM

perhaps we should more define what exactly choline uptake is, the high affinity, uptake mechanisms, transporter, etc etc, (felt like suggesting) ...

what exactly does choline uptake do? why is it beneficial?

also if ginseng effects choline, im pretty sure there is other adaptogens as well..

Edited by CIMN, 22 September 2012 - 01:08 AM.

#65 greekpsychonaut

• 75 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:33 PM

I was hoping you would do this since you have so many doses. I just sent you a PM. I respond well to to racetams so I am eager to try COLURACETAM.

By the way, I have an idea to further test the effects of COLURACETAM. Since it is shown to be a high affinity choline uptake enhancer, the effects should be compared to Ginsenoside Rb1, one of the Ginsenosides that make up Panax Ginseng. If you take a look at the following study, it says:

http://www.ncbi.nlm..../pubmed/1338897
"In the present studies, analysis of choline uptake kinetics indicated that Rb1 increased the maximum velocity of choline uptake, while the affinity of the cholineuptake carrier for choline (Km) was not significantly altered."

Studies show that in Panax Ginseng there are 22+ Ginsenosides (http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/22977120) that all have different (and even competing effects) so it may be masking the good effect that a choline uptake enhancer would have.

So perhaps taking a pure and higher dose of Ginsenoside Rb1 than usually found in a Panax Ginseng pill would lead to similar effects of COLURACETAM and clue us into what exactly a choline uptake enhancer does.

Currently I do not see any pure Ginsenoside Rb1 for sale from any retailers but there are some Chinese manufacturers that have it available.

Agreed. Ginseng is interesting.

#66 gizmobrain

• 548 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:31 AM

ScienceGuy: Last active Sept. 19th?

Coluracetam made him crazy? Some forum member went to his house and stole his stash and shot him in the knee caps?

Or maybe he's become so productive that he no longer needs us....

Posted Image

Edited by zrbarnes, 24 September 2012 - 05:32 AM.

• like x 3
  • dislike x 2

#67 Crispy Cat

• 76 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:33 PM

Going by previous posts science guy comes across as a very busy person!

I certainly would not like to think something untoward could of happened!

and Im sure we will be updated when he gets free time and a chance to look through the large amount of pm's that must of accumulated by now!

#68 gizmobrain

• 548 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:30 PM

Haha, yes. That's probably it. :)

(my original post was tounge-in-cheek, just in case there was a doubt)

Edited by zrbarnes, 24 September 2012 - 10:19 PM.

#69 renfr

• 1,059 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:09 PM

Coluracetam got him addicted. ;)
jk

#70 Tubemode

• 73 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:17 PM

I am under the impression that the nootropic sub-culture is more of a hobby for him than it is a 'dependence' for some of us here (Me included). With that being said, he strikes me as an extremely busy person.

#71 Introspecta

• 622 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:12 PM

I don't know still seems weird. You would think he'd just stop by and say something regardless of how busy you are. I mean how long does it take. Maybe something happend? Not nootropic related. Has anyone recieved an email back from him that requested a sample?

#72 gwern

• 77 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:35 PM

I PMed him almost immediately, and have heard nothing.

#73 zeroskater6979

• 116 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:07 PM

I pm-ed him too. Patience is a virtue.

#74 Crispy Cat

• 76 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:07 PM

Science guy is doing a huge service to the community at his own cost so the least we can do is be patient!! :)
"the best things come to those who wait!" ..at least thats what the Heinz tomato sauce advert here in the uk says...

Meanwhile im interested to know what cognition tests would be advised for the lucky few that get samples?
if we can get all 25 "guineapigs" doing the same tests making sure to cover as many areas of cognition as possible we could build some rather nice data on coluracetam (which is something i havent personally seen done even with the established nootropics)

id agree that the 2 weeks of no chemicals to clear other nootropics out is a good idea as it can be quite hard distinguishing which cognitive effects are a result of which chemical in a stack let alone a nootropic none of us have encountered before!

having said that im also very interested in which nootropics its synergistic with... im guessing choline will be needed if coluracetam does increase uptake simply to prevent a deficit?

#75 zeroskater6979

• 116 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:13 PM

The cambridgebrainsciences.com site seems like a pretty well rounded collection of tests. maybe the n-back test could work too.

#76 ScienceGuy

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:37 PM

...I have an idea to further test the effects of COLURACETAM. Since it is shown to be a high affinity choline uptake enhancer, the effects should be compared to Ginsenoside Rb1, one of the Ginsenosides that make up Panax Ginseng...

perhaps we should more define what exactly choline uptake is, the high affinity, uptake mechanisms, transporter, etc etc, (felt like suggesting) ...

also if ginseng effects choline, im pretty sure there is other adaptogens as well..

Until there exists further research and substantiated scientific evidence to confirm exactly what is / are COLURACETAM's mechanism of action(s) I would strongly urge everyone not to focus solely on the whole CHOLINE UPTAKE ENHANCER matter. ;)

Personally, I am suspicious that COLURACETAM has significantly wider range of PHARMACOLOGICAL EFFECTS than just increasing CHOLINE UPTAKE; and I believe that enhancement of SYNAPTIC PLASTICITY could play a key role in its NOOTROPIC effects. :)

I personally have in fact stopped taking any and all supplemental CHOLINE and have found doing so has not in any regard whatsoever lessened its NOOTROPIC effects. Of course this is solely a singular ANECDOTAL report, and I would be very interested to discover how others respond to it in this regard. ;)

#77 stablemind

• 520 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:46 PM

...I have an idea to further test the effects of COLURACETAM. Since it is shown to be a high affinity choline uptake enhancer, the effects should be compared to Ginsenoside Rb1, one of the Ginsenosides that make up Panax Ginseng...

Until there exists further research and substantiated scientific evidence to confirm exactly what is / are COLURACETAM's mechanism of action(s) I would strongly urge everyone not to focus solely on the whole CHOLINE UPTAKE ENHANCER matter. ;)

Personally, I am suspicious that COLURACETAM has significantly wider range of PHARMACOLOGICAL EFFECTS than just increasing CHOLINE UPTAKE; and I believe that enhancement of SYNAPTIC PLASTICITY could play a key role in its NOOTROPIC effects. :)

I personally have in fact stopped taking any and all supplemental CHOLINE and have found doing so has not in any regard whatsoever lessened its NOOTROPIC effects. Of course this is solely a singular ANECDOTAL report, and I would be very interested to discover how others respond to it in this regard. ;)

How do you think this substance affects those with mood disorders eg bipolar vs those without? Would this possibly cause mania?

#78 ScienceGuy

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:51 PM

Hi everyone,

FYI - I have posted an UPDATE to my OP for this thread :)

Apologies for taking so long to do so, I quite literally have not had a free second to attend this forum over the past week ;)

Suffice to say that I am most certainly still alive; COLURACETAM has not made me crazy (at least not any more crazy than I already am); and no forum member has been to my house and stole my stash and shot me in the knee caps... :laugh:

Thank you everyone for your posts and many PMs; regarding which please kindly note that I have not yet replied due to lack of available free time and wishing to devote the appropriate amount of time that you all deserve to properly replying to all of them, which I intend to do this coming FRIDAY afternoon (UK time). :)
  • like x 7

#79 Crispy Cat

• 76 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:13 PM

The cambridgebrainsciences.com site seems like a pretty well rounded collection of tests. maybe the n-back test could work too.

Thanks! these tests are great ive signed up and going to start experimenting with the nootropic supplies i currently have!

and thanks for the update science guy, 18 hour days sound like really hard work yet alot more interesting than my data entry job... any chance you need a poorly educated 29 year old apprentice who has a new found lust to learn (pramiracetam) in the london area!? :-D

#80 bossmanglb

• 50 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:12 PM

I would recommend this set of cognitive exams. It allows us to organize a mini-trial:
quantified-mind.com

What do you all think?

I mentioned it to ScienceGuy when I PM'ed him.

#81 Deflect

• 7 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:56 AM

Ahh, I wish I could buy a few grams. I understand if you can't sell it though. I for one would love to participate in a study though. :)

#82 Augmentation

• 12 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:05 AM

I would be very excited to experience the apparent reduction of caffeine tolerance. Of course the other benefits will sound wonderful too!

#83 Zaire

• 14 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:37 AM

ScienceGuy. can you elaborate more about vision improvement? did you wear glass? or have some vision deficiency?

#84 renfr

• 1,059 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:02 PM

By the way what about your coluracetam giveaway, is it still available?

#85 ephraim

• 6 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:33 AM

scienceguy please send me some coluracetam!! I really think it would help me because of the choline reuptake. i have tried piracetam with great results for the first few days but I burnout quickly there after, no matter what piracetam to choline ratio. i have even try taking msg and calcium with piracetam and still the same results, i get sleepy and my eyes fog up or i get irritable and its the same with all the other racetams. i think my body just run out of choline no matter what i do and thats where the coluracetam would come in. i have been eyeing couracetam for awhile now and if you were to send me some it would not only "make my day" it would make my whole year, plus it would be interesting to see if in fact it would have a different affect on me then the other racetams as i would be posting my to this forum. And if it works for me it would spark interest in it for people who have had temperamental results with most racetams and with more people interest we might be able to convince someone like cerebral health to care it!!!

i have all ready sent you a pm scienceguy

#86 cat@

• 48 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:47 AM

Thank you everyone for your posts and many PMs; regarding which please kindly note that I have not yet replied due to lack of available free time and wishing to devote the appropriate amount of time that you all deserve to properly replying to all of them, which I intend to do this coming FRIDAY afternoon (UK time). :)

I've spent a boatload of money following the different suggestions on this forum. Some work ok. Some do nadda. None are brilliant [for long]. My life has improved so I can't complain. Icing on the cake, it's been an interesting adventure (I enjoy learning new stuff).

I'm not eligible to be a guinea pig (not being a longstanding member and all) so I'll have to wait for it to come on the market. No pressure. But hurryhurryhurry. Please.

#87 ScienceGuy

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:05 AM

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your many PMs :)

Please kindly note that there is no longer any more samples available for REGISTERED USERS of LONGECITY, in that all have now been allocated

There are TWO number samples still available to full MEMBERS of LONGECITY; which will be allocated on a first-come, first-serve basis, so if you are a MEMBER please kinly PM me if interested ;)

For a variety of reasons, including being somewhat inundated, I decided to increase the total number of 2-gram samples of COLURACETAM that I am giving away for FREE from 25 to 40.

As stated, all of these are allocated bar 2 remaining samples that are reserved for MEMBERS only.

Due to the number of samples that I will be mailing please kindly be a little patient with me as it will take some time to weigh out, package and mail the 40 number samples. I will post an update as to how I progress in this regard.

For the interest of those following this thread, I have suggested to those individuals receiving the samples that they might like to do the following:

1. Cease taking any and all NOOTROPICS (with CAFFEINE being the singular exception) for a period of 7 days, as a washout period, prior to commencing taking COLURACETAM.

2. Accurately measure your doses of COLURACETAM using a suitable set of DIGITAL SCALES, which you can purchase pretty inexpensively (for about 40 bucks) if you do not already own one. N.B. If you are into NOOTROPICS this is an invaluable tool and would be a good investment anyway.

3. Commence taking COLURACETAM at a dosage of 10mg OD on the first day; then 10mg BID on DAY 2; and then 10mg TID on DAY 3. Further to this please feel free to adjust dosage according to however you respond to it or see fit.

4. Carry out tests to evaluate what is COLURACETAM’s effect on your COGNITIVE FUNCTION, such as cambridgebrainsciences.com and/or quantified-mind.com; and post what are your results.

5. Once you have comprehensively evaluated what are COLURACETAM’s effects when administered as MONOTHERAPY, evaluate how other NOOTROPICS stack with it, by combining other NOOTROPICS from your usual stack one at a time so as to ascertain how the individual other NOOTROPIC combines with COLURACETAM; and again post your findings.
  • like x 4

#88 golden1

• 681 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:20 AM

^amazing example of internet generosity^

giving away 80grams of a hefty investment, mad decent
  • like x 3
  • Cheerful x 1

#89 zeroskater6979

• 116 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:52 AM

Can anyone recommend a scale that will accurately measure out 10mg without braking bank?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#90 ScienceGuy

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:01 AM

How do you think this substance affects those with mood disorders eg bipolar vs those without? Would this possibly cause mania?

In my opinion there currently exists insufficient research regarding COLURACETAM's pharmacological effects and mechanism(s) of action to be able to draw such conclusions. In other words, more research is needed before those particular questions can be properly answered ;)

I would recommend this set of cognitive exams. It allows us to organize a mini-trial:
quantified-mind.com

What do you all think?

Thank you for the suggestion... first impressions is quantified-mind.com looks interesting and possibly highly useful :)

cambridgebrainsciences.com is pretty good too ;)

I would be very excited to experience the apparent reduction of caffeine tolerance...

The apparent POTENTIATION of CAFFEINE'S EFFECTS and/or CAFFEINE TOLERANCE REDUCTION effect was completely unexpected and I would be very interested indeed to see whether anyone else experiences it :)

ScienceGuy. can you elaborate more about vision improvement? did you wear glass? or have some vision deficiency?

I suffered IMPAIRED VISION caused by concomitant CNS BORRELIOSIS, BABESIOSIS and BARTONELLOSIS. Specifically, I went about half blind with patches of my vision missing and was referred to an ophthalmologist who found I had SUBRETINAL LESIONS and diagnosed me as suffering from Acute Multifocal Placoid Pigment Epitheliopathy (AMPPE).

Following this my vision recovered about as much as it typical following incidence of AMPPE, and plateaued remaining unchanged for years. Upon taking the COLURACETAM I found my eyesight further recovered towards normal. Plain and simple. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: coluracetam, racetam, piracetam, pramiracetam, oxiracetam, aniracetam, memory, cognitive, cognition, nootropic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users