• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 23 votes

COLURACETAM - User Feedback

coluracetam racetam piracetam pramiracetam oxiracetam aniracetam memory cognitive cognition nootropic

• Please log in to reply
592 replies to this topic

#91 ScienceGuy

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:08 AM

Can anyone recommend a scale that will accurately measure out 10mg without braking bank?

I would, but my doing so would inevitably bring about incessant false accusations that I am peddling scales ;)

However, you can easily find what you seek by simply entering "digital scales 0.001g" into GOOGLE's or EBAY's search boxes :)

N.B. You want scales with 0.001g accuracy

I've just had a look on EBAY and there's several there ranging in cost between $20 - $30 ;)

Edited by ScienceGuy, 29 September 2012 - 02:16 AM.

#92 unregistered_user

• 721 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:26 AM

Thank you very much ScienceGuy for the offer. A tremendous gesture of altruism if you ask me! I am currently 100% free of any supplements/nootropics/medications and have a digital scale for accurate measurement. I am hoping I responded to the PM in time.
  • like x 2

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#93 BarrelBoy

• 43 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:07 AM

Can anyone recommend a scale that will accurately measure out 10mg without braking bank?

Here is the one that I use. Mostly metal and fairly durable. Mine's sustained some abuse (dropped it a few times) over the past 3+ years and I've only felt the need to recalibrate it twice.

Edited by brokenyoga, 29 September 2012 - 05:09 AM.

#94 Enygma

• 19 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:31 AM

Thanks for doing this ScienceGuy, compelling thread to have found. Being relatively new to nootropics and this forum, I think I'll have loads to learn just keeping tabs on this...
Thanks again,
~e.

#95 Colli

• 59 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:12 PM

Thanks to ScienceGuy for making me one of the lucky recipients - watch this space for reports.

#96 LeonardElijah

• 78 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:42 PM

I nominate you for a Real Men of Genius award. Good job being cutting edge and substantive.

Edited by LeonardElijah, 29 September 2012 - 09:43 PM.

• like x 1

#97 unregistered_user

• 721 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:45 PM

I would also like to thank ScienceGuy for his generosity. I am awaiting my sample in the mail and will update the thread when it arrives.

#98 Rior

• 279 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:50 PM

I'll be updating after I receive my sample as well, looking forward to this chance!

#99 bossmanglb

• 50 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:58 AM

You're most welcome. And thank you for your generosity. You've been scrupulous about refusing payment, but is it possible for those participating to at least cover your postage expenses? Perhaps your rich as Dives, and don't care. But I figured I'd ask. Seems only fair...

One more thing you might want to make clear ScienceGuy:

In order to minimize practice effects, I think it's imperative that those participating in the study endeavor to ascertain their baseline scores on quantified-mind.com or cambridgesciences before coluracetam supplementation.

#100 unregistered_user

• 721 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:29 AM

I too offered to covered postage but he refused!

I too offered to covered postage but he refused!

#101 Baten

• 785 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:32 AM

I believe it's because the coluracetam is not for resale, and he wants to refrain from doing anything but "gifting" some.

Edited by Baten, 30 September 2012 - 06:32 AM.

#102 Raza

• 454 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:44 AM

The miligram scale I own: http://dx.com/p/digi...on-10515?item=2

20 bucks, free shipping. Don't press down on the weighing bit while cleaning, otherwise they're fairly durable.
  • like x 2

#103 greekpsychonaut

• 75 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:10 AM

The miligram scale I own: http://dx.com/p/digi...on-10515?item=2

20 bucks, free shipping. Don't press down on the weighing bit while cleaning, otherwise they're fairly durable.

Thanks for this mate!

#104 golden1

• 681 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:06 AM

you should have a disclaimer... something like: "By taking the coluracetam sent by me, Science Guy, you agree to waive all rights to compensation of any kind and in any case arising from this trial where applicable by law."

just a thought :P

Edited by golden1, 05 October 2012 - 06:06 AM.

#105 ScienceGuy

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:37 PM

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to stop by and give you all an update.

Again, apologies for my being busy causing progress to be a bit slow; however I will be endeavouring to finding the time to commence weighing out and mailing the various free samples within a few days time. Thank you kindly for your patience in this regard. ;)

Further to this I have just added a further update to my OP comprising as follows:

BLOOD TESTS results following my first few months' consistent uninterrupted usage of COLURACETAM now in.

In short, I am pleased to report that blood tests for LIVER and RENAL FUNCTION as well as TESTOSTERONE, DHT, and ESTRADIOL are all NORMAL and there are no significant changes versus baseline blood test results. :)
  • like x 5

#106 Crispy Cat

• 76 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:44 PM

awesome! glad to hear there is no toxicity! and very much looking forward to starting testing!
I have already suffered( ;)) a week with no nootropics and all but a few supplements

non dietary supplements im using are:
40mg testosterone 2%gel prescribed due to previous testicular cancer
1500mgcalcium/400iu vit d3 chew tablets (bid) prescribed due to low d levels
alpha men multivitamin from myprotein
and green tea extract equal to approximately 7 cups of green tea

I have noticed a drastic initial fall in most scores from the tests i have taken at http://www.cambridge...nsciences.co.uk since quiting my normal stack consisting of:
noopept
pramiracetam
piracetam
centrophenoxine
dl-phenylalanine
l-tyrosine
l-hupazine
mainly in the memory and concentration area
however after several days scores have started to climb as with a typical learning curve unfortunately most scores are still not as high as first attempts at each test while using above mentioned chemicals (except for some anomalies that i would class as lucky attempts)

My attempts to follow a couple of the free uni courses at coursera.org have also become increasingly difficult with the need to watch videos over 3 times for the simplest thing to sink in :unsure:
  • like x 1

#107 ranza

• 50 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:51 PM

Awesome thanks.
I had my blood tested about a month ago, so I know where my baseline is too. I hope that the samples will soon pass through the borders without any problems.

#108 unregistered_user

• 721 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:52 AM

Just had my blood tested the other day. Everything checked out perfect and I too know my baseline values.

#109 Tukotih Doji

• 36 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:45 PM

Aw man, I read this thread when it was only one page. And then you offered samples?!
You guys are lucky bastards, I hope you report in. Doubt even a fourth will though.

Looks like semi-retarded-individual will give a good quality report since he actually took the time to get his blood tested.
And someone please, make Gwern-quality reports, with blindfolded battery-tests etc.

ScienceGuy, if you are planning on giving out more samples, consider me interested.
I'd promise to give back a high quality report in return!

#110 golden1

• 681 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:11 PM

I've tried every pretty much every available nootropic, so expect detailed subjective comparisons along with objective tests. I am also tapering off of benzodiazepines, so I will be able to report if it helps with the horrible on-and-off brain fog and other negative cognitive effects of slight withdrawal(such as anxiety, memory, huge lack of interest). I can also compare once completely off of benzos, however I've not a clue how long that will take, I can only estimate about 6 months as the psychiatrist I went to, to help me taper, stated and is the average amount of time.

Either way I'm not going to take ScienceGuy's extremely generous gift and add nothing to SCIENCE, that would be the ultimate insult! hahah. And I hope no one else would do that either!

I don't have the money/circumstances to get my blood tested(really should though for other reasons, see if this tapering is doing anything to certain levels of vitamins/minerals/hormones/whitebloodcells/etc, but it's not the cheapest thing)

Of course you may be thinking "Well this reports going to be kind of skewed because he is going through benzo w/d," and you're right, but I think it may be more helpful since there are way more cognitive deficits to be fixed, so my report may be a good indicator of how it would help for people struggling with these things all the time. And eventually a report will come when I'm off benzodiazepines completely, whether it will even matter at that time I don't know.

I am rather interested though how ScienceGuy listed it at "ANXIOLYTIC: 10" and "INCREASED / IMPROVED SOCIABILITY: 7" as it seems those two things(along with the anti-depressant effect) would be extremely beneficial during tapering... hahah. Of course I'm fully aware it could make the whole tapering process harder or set me back, due to it's not fully researched pharmacology and the extreme intricate mechanisms behind benzo withdrawal, but if that happens I hold nothing against ScienceGuy of course and will still write a report once I am freed of this terrible drug. Either way be assured you will hear about it in as much detail as I can provide. I'll also add I respond to all the other racetams available, and aniracetam rather strongly(almost like a drug in that it has such a strong effect). I'm wondering if it could even possibly speed up the tapering process, possibly allowing my brain to adapt faster... who knows.

Just saying.. you will have at least one report to examine for sure!
  • like x 1

#111 ScienceGuy

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:42 PM

Hi Everyone,

Just to update you on when samples will be being dispatched... FINALLY I have managed to secure a free day, namely tomorrow (Saturday), for completing the necessary preparation of samples for shipping. Sorry this has taken so long but as you can hopefully appreciate this process will be somewhat time consuming and I intend to be properly preparing all samples under the usual necessary clinical laboratory conditions to ensure no possibility of contamination etc... ;)

I have also managed to free up this coming Tuesday, wherein I will be taking all the packages down the UK Post Office and mailing them. :) (I already feel sorry for the person behind me in the queue! :laugh: )

I will be mailing to UK residents using Royal Mail Special Delivery (= guaranteed next day delivery); so delivery will occur on Wednesday.

I will be mailing to all non-UK residents by AIRSURE, which is faster than standard UK Airmail; and guideline shipping times are as follows:
  • 2 working days after posting to Western Europe
  • 4 working days after posting to Eastern Europe and postal subsidiaries (Islands and Principalities)
  • 6 working days after posting to the Rest of the World
Thank you all again for your patience. :)
  • like x 6

#112 ScienceGuy

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:56 PM

I've tried every pretty much every available nootropic, so expect detailed subjective comparisons along with objective tests.

Looking forward to them :)

I am also tapering off of benzodiazepines, so I will be able to report if it helps with the horrible on-and-off brain fog and other negative cognitive effects of slight withdrawal(such as anxiety, memory, huge lack of interest)...

Of course you may be thinking "Well this reports going to be kind of skewed because he is going through benzo w/d," and you're right, but I think it may be more helpful since there are way more cognitive deficits to be fixed, so my report may be a good indicator of how it would help for people struggling with these things all the time...

I am rather interested though how ScienceGuy listed it at "ANXIOLYTIC: 10" and "INCREASED / IMPROVED SOCIABILITY: 7" as it seems those two things(along with the anti-depressant effect) would be extremely beneficial during tapering...

Personally, I think it will be exceptionally interesting to see how someone undergoing BENZODIAZEPINE TAPERING / WITHDRAWAL responds to COLURACETAM... and of great interest to the many, many individuals also in the same situation. :)

#113 Crispy Cat

• 76 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:52 PM

Science guy! you have actually made me look forward to a wednesday!!!
however I will wait till the weekend for my first dose as i wouldn't want to waste the first feelings of Coloracetams effects behind a desk doing a repetitive task!

also id warn you about using airsure to france.. I have a package with electronics in it lost at the moment in france due to the french postal system not scanning it after it has been passed on to them from royal mail!
luckily i have taken out insurance as this is a typical problem with airsure to france!

maybe just to cover your back you should point out that you are not guaranteeing any of these packages! simply that you will do your best by posting them registered delivery but can not guarantee the delivery or the performance of national and international couriers and are not liable for any imposed customs charges or delays!

#114 golden1

• 681 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:22 PM

Glad my situation can be of some use, :P hahah, and that you too see it as useful data ScienceGuy

Weird that I've received things many times via. airsure and I live in the US(can confirm about 6 days each time), yet France has a knack for missing packages? go figure.

#115 Baten

• 785 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:59 AM

Thanks for the update ScienceGuy. I'm so very psyched.

#116 Psionic

• 187 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 01:11 PM

I have already started wash-out period :) Thanks for the update too, looking forward to user´s experiences

#117 ScienceGuy

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:06 PM

Hi everyone,

Since a number of people have sent me a PM me asking for clarification regarding DOSAGES I thought it best to said clarification here for all to see... In short, please kindly note the following:

OD = "omne in die" = Once daily (N.B. 'OD' is typically used for the 'Once Daily' dosage instruction in UK; whereas QD, "quaque die", is used in USA)

BID = "bis in die" = Two times daily

TID = "ter in die" = Three times daily

QID = "quater in die" = Four times daily :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Further to this, several people have asked what are my reasons for giving away free samples of COLURACETAM; these are as follows:

1) To accelerate its bulk manufacture, supply and subsequent availability to the general population for purchase from NOOTROPIC suppliers, who typically stock accordingly to supply and demand;

2) To attain a better understanding and confirmation regards what are its PHARMACOLOGICAL EFFECTS through the creation of multiple ANECDOTAL user feedback reports; wherein, I am extremely curious indeed to see whether or not others share the same effects as I do when taking COLURACETAM;

3) Because I wish to offer something of value and usefulness to the LONGECITY forum community, as I have a personal mission in life to help to improve the quality of life of others;

4) Because at the time of having it custom synthesized, when calculating what quantity to have manufactured I allowed for taking a dosage of 80mg TID and wished to attain a circa 5-YEAR SUPPLY; hence why the 500 grams quantity... However, since trialling it I have settled on a much lower dosage of 10mg taken 3-4 times per day; and consequently it transpires that I in fact have a circa 34-YEAR SUPPLY , which basically is a tad more than I personally require… ;)

Edited by ScienceGuy, 14 October 2012 - 02:50 PM.

• like x 3

#118 protoject

• 952 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:03 PM

I believe you, because personally when I am in a position to contribute to members of this board in forms other than just posting, I definitely will. It's like a special club that I always love coming back to and I love the people here lol. And Frankly if I'm getting something out of this club [including or not including medical freebie samples], I'd want to have something of value for anyone involved as well [it's the PURPOSE you speak of] But also, I have no qualms with business desires , and again I really doubt you have any desire to make business out of this at the present time, but even if you did, I really wouldn't care. It's a supply and demand thing, and if it works for people, that's great.

#119 ScienceGuy

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:41 PM

UPDATE:

All free samples of COLURACETAM have now been allocated. Therefore, please can no-one else now PM me requesting to receive a sample. ;)

This is the list of Registered Users / Members who have qualified to receive samples: :)

abelard lindsay
ADD-PI-Infection
Alex Mason
Augmentation
Baten
blazewind
bossmanglb
brokenyoga
chill
CIMN
Colli
Crispy Cat
ephraim
golden1
Gorthaur
greekpsychonaut
gwern
ilove2dub
individual
joelski28
kenj
OpaqueMind
protoject
Psionic
PWAIN
Q did it!
ranza
Raza
Renfr
Rior
sapentia
semi-retarded-individual
spookytooth
The Immortalist
trance
vali
zeroskater6979
zrbarnes

A free 2-gram sample of COLURACETAM has been mailed to all of the above individuals.

Further to this the following also qualified to receive samples but I am yet to hear back from them despite sending them PMs:

Medieval, Werper and Polymathic

If I do not hear back from these individuals by this coming Monday morning (UK time) then I will re-allocate their samples to the next in line (determined automatically by whoever fitting the qualification criteria was next to request a sample via PM or otherwise), who I will PM accordingly. :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To all individuals who will be receiving and trialling a free sample of COLURACETAM, since a number of you have asked, YES it is indeed vital that you carry out BASELINE COGNITION TESTING, cambridgebrainsciences.com and/or quantified-mind.com, prior to commencing taking the COLURACETAM, and after an appropriate WASHOUT PERIOD is undertaken. ;)

Therefore, to clarify, I would like to suggest that you do the following:

1. Please kindly cease taking any and all NOOTROPICS (with CAFFEINE being the singular exception) for a period of 7 days, as a washout period, prior to commencing taking COLURACETAM.

2. Carry out BASELINE COGNITION TESTING, cambridgebrainsciences.com and/or quantified-mind.com

3. Accurately measure your doses of COLURACETAM using a suitable set of DIGITAL SCALES, which you can purchase pretty inexpensively (for about 40 bucks) if you do not already own one. N.B. If you are into NOOTROPICS this is an invaluable tool and would be a good investment anyway.

4. Commence taking COLURACETAM at a dosage of 10mg OD on the first day; then 10mg BID on DAY 2; and then 10mg TID on DAY 3. Further to this please feel free to adjust dosage according to however you respond to it or see fit.

5. Carry out tests to evaluate what is COLURACETAM’s effect on your COGNITIVE FUNCTION, such as cambridgebrainsciences.com and/or quantified-mind.com and post what are your results.

6. Once you have comprehensively evaluated what are COLURACETAM’s effects when administered as MONOTHERAPY, evaluate how other NOOTROPICS stack with it, by combining other NOOTROPICS from your usual stack one at a time so as to ascertain how the individual other NOOTROPIC combines with COLURACETAM; and again post your findings.

Edited by ScienceGuy, 18 October 2012 - 04:12 AM.

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#120 Crispy Cat

• 76 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:01 AM

Thank you scienceguy!
Coloracetam sample was delivered at 07:50 :D
will comence testing this weekend!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: coluracetam, racetam, piracetam, pramiracetam, oxiracetam, aniracetam, memory, cognitive, cognition, nootropic

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users