• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

9-me-BC Regeneration of dopaminergic neurons?

dopamine parkinsons adhd nootropic anhedonia

• Please log in to reply
390 replies to this topic

#331 gizmobrain

• 548 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:35 PM

At 45mg/day, 6 days in, everything feels the same via Predator Nutrition capsules as the THT brand powder that I ordered ages ago.

I believe it was confirmed that THT is their supplier.

#332 BioHacker=Life

• 249 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 11:35 PM

At 45mg/day, 6 days in, everything feels the same via Predator Nutrition capsules as the THT brand powder that I ordered ages ago.

I believe it was confirmed that THT is their supplier.

I've just been doing 30 mg and enjoying it but I'll bump it up to 45 mg soon. What do you notice?

Edited by BioHacker=Life, 07 December 2017 - 11:35 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#333 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 December 2017 - 06:03 AM

did THT stop selling powders?? whats going on here, their site is different and people dont report buying from them anymore, i assume they stopped selling to general public, yes?

btw on amazon, they sell tons of bodybuilding supplements, but i couldnt find this one specifically. :/

Edited by hazy, 08 December 2017 - 06:06 AM.

#334 gizmobrain

• 548 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 02:29 PM

Definitely has acute stimulation effects that seems to be changing. For the first couple days, I combined it with some other stimulating compounds with decent effects. In order to fully make use of the (hopefully) therapeutic regenerative properties, I wanted to cease taking the other stimulating compounds as well.

The first day by itself was pretty bad. I had a stressful morning at work, which lead to having a completely agitated but non-motivated afternoon. The second day was a bit numb: awake and somewhat focused but no passion or creativity. Today has been the third day of it by itself and it was the best in terms of cognition, motivation, and mood. I didn't accomplish a lot, but I did stay mostly focused throughout the day and didn't want to run out of the building and never look back (which is how I feel on most un-medicated days).

After a 10 day run of 9-me-BC, I've ceased taking it. I've made it through 2 days at work without any stimulants other than coffee and n-acetyl-l-tyrosine. Maybe that doesn't mean much to others, but normally I want to curl up into a ball after 2 hours at work or run away and never come back. The last 2 days have been productive and I've had a pretty solid mood lift. It feels great to be unshackled from chronic low motivation! I have always carried it around like a weight around my neck. It makes everything so much harder than it should be.

At this point, I've confirmed that 9-me-BC works to fix what is wrong with my brain on a longer scale than just while its in my blood stream. It doesn't appear to cause any negative side effects (though who knows without comprehensive testing).

Pretty much the same effects as before.

#335 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 May 2018 - 09:49 PM

Any updates on 9-me-BC?
  • Good Point x 1

#336 BasicBiO

• 159 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 June 2018 - 08:28 PM

I'm still using it almost daily at a low dose of around 10-15 mgs. At this dose, it gives a very mild boost in alertness and motivation. I've only ventured higher a few times and it made me anxious and caused tension in my gut.

Hoping for more suppliers for this compound.

#337 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 June 2018 - 08:30 PM

I'm still using it almost daily at a low dose of around 10-15 mgs. At this dose, it gives a very mild boost in alertness and motivation. I've only ventured higher a few times and it made me anxious and caused tension in my gut.

Hoping for more suppliers for this compound.

Do you take anything else with it?

#338 BasicBiO

• 159 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 June 2018 - 08:34 PM

NSI-189, also in a near micro-dosing amount of 3-5 mg per day, alpha GPC at 300-900 mg, p-5-p at 50 mg, and Jiaogulan. This line up can vary depending on how I'm feeling.  If I'm alert and motivated (or ornery/combative) I'll skip the dopaminergics.

#339 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 June 2018 - 11:11 PM

NSI-189, also in a near micro-dosing amount of 3-5 mg per day, alpha GPC at 300-900 mg, p-5-p at 50 mg, and Jiaogulan. This line up can vary depending on how I'm feeling. If I'm alert and motivated (or ornery/combative) I'll skip the dopaminergics.

NSI-189 induces dopamine Were you able to distinguish between the two?
  • Needs references x 1

#340 rikelme

• 174 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 01:32 AM

Thanks BasciBiO for your input. Didn't mean to pry, but could you share why you decided to give 9-me-bc a try in the first place? How long have you been taking it and did you notice your baseline in (mood, motivation, focus, coordination) improve? What happens on the days when you skip it?

Edited by rikelme, 04 June 2018 - 01:33 AM.

#341 BasicBiO

• 159 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 June 2018 - 07:36 PM

I had lengthy period of stressful working conditions coupled with years of sleep deprivation.  I have always had serotonin based depression, which has a notably melancholy feel to it, but this new situation arose which basically made me numb, with acute anhedonia, amotivation and memory loss. Flash forward after a few years of researching the issue and I came to the conclusion that I had a dopamine deficiency going on...either the neurotransmitter itself or receptors, or both.

I started NSI-189 (5mg ED) about two years ago and noticed immediate improvement along the depression/anxiety fronts. I was still lacking motivation and a bit anhedonic so I added in 9-me-bc at a low 5-10mg per day. At this dosing level, I had very positive improvements in the leftover symptoms. Higher doses seem to bring on a touch of anxiety, aggression or reward seeking behaviors. 

Both compounds are also a bit pricey so my plan is to use the lowest effective dose for the long term.

I can skip NSI for a few days to a week before feeling the slide back towards depression. I skip 9-me all the time and use it about half the time. I notice mostly a lessening of motivation and libido.

#342 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 June 2018 - 08:18 PM

I had lengthy period of stressful working conditions coupled with years of sleep deprivation. I have always had serotonin based depression, which has a notably melancholy feel to it, but this new situation arose which basically made me numb, with acute anhedonia, amotivation and memory loss. Flash forward after a few years of researching the issue and I came to the conclusion that I had a dopamine deficiency going on...either the neurotransmitter itself or receptors, or both.

I started NSI-189 (5mg ED) about two years ago and noticed immediate improvement along the depression/anxiety fronts. I was still lacking motivation and a bit anhedonic so I added in 9-me-bc at a low 5-10mg per day. At this dosing level, I had very positive improvements in the leftover symptoms. Higher doses seem to bring on a touch of anxiety, aggression or reward seeking behaviors.

Both compounds are also a bit pricey so my plan is to use the lowest effective dose for the long term.

I can skip NSI for a few days to a week before feeling the slide back towards depression. I skip 9-me all the time and use it about half the time. I notice mostly a lessening of motivation and libido.

9-ME-BC definitely seems worth trying. What brand did you get? Do you have a link? Thanks

#343 HappyShoe

• Topic Starter
  • 213 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 10:33 PM

I RETURN! XD

• Enjoying the show x 1
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#344 BasicBiO

• 159 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 June 2018 - 11:32 PM

I got a 2 gram batch from TLR and it has lasted over a year.

#345 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 June 2018 - 01:01 AM

Just ordered Hydrapharm off amazon. Probably going to just start with 1/2 capsule (7.5mg) sublingual.

Edited by John250, 06 June 2018 - 01:04 AM.

#346 Zed

• 36 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 04:19 AM

Is there a TL;DR version of why buying expensive 9-ME-BC is better than simply chewing a few pods of inexpensive Syrian Rue. IIRC Syrian Rue has Harmine alkaloids which breakdown to Harmane which has the exact same chemical compo as 9-ME-BC and Syrian Rue also is a RIMA (or MAOi not sure which ) ...

Any clues ?

• unsure x 1

#347 BioHacker=Life

• 249 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 03:53 AM

Is there a TL;DR version of why buying expensive 9-ME-BC is better than simply chewing a few pods of inexpensive Syrian Rue. IIRC Syrian Rue has Harmine alkaloids which breakdown to Harmane which has the exact same chemical compo as 9-ME-BC and Syrian Rue also is a RIMA (or MAOi not sure which ) ...

Any clues ?

Because those are neurotoxic and 9-ME-BC is regenerative.

#348 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 June 2018 - 04:51 PM

Just ordered Hydrapharm off amazon. Probably going to just start with 1/2 capsule (7.5mg) sublingual.

I was excited to start this but didn’t realize it was shipping from Germany.

#349 gizmobrain

• 548 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 04:54 PM

If you want to taste food in the next couple a week's, you will need to avoid sublingual. Seriously, this stuff is only for ingesting. Don't let it touch the inside of your mouth.

#350 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 June 2018 - 04:58 PM

If you want to taste food in the next couple a week's, you will need to avoid sublingual. Seriously, this stuff is only for ingesting. Don't let it touch the inside of your mouth.

I read about that. I’ll definitely take it orally. Any need to supplement with something else at the same time to ensure optimal absorption?

#351 gizmobrain

• 548 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 05:11 PM

I read about that. I’ll definitely take it orally. Any need to supplement with something else at the same time to ensure optimal absorption?

Without doing a thorough control to verify, I always felt like it worked better in a propylene glycol and alcohol solution. It was messy and tough to cap though. Probably not worth it.

#352 Junipersun

• 70 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 02:11 PM

I have taken 5-15mg 9-me-bc sublingual many times. I get the best result if I mix it with some Agmatine, so it isn't really damaging to your mouth. There is a mild discomfort, but it isn't nearly as bad as you make it sound. You need to make sure it stays under your tongue.

#353 gizmobrain

• 548 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 02:17 PM

I have taken 5-15mg 9-me-bc sublingual many times. I get the best result if I mix it with some Agmatine, so it isn't really damaging to your mouth. There is a mild discomfort, but it isn't nearly as bad as you make it sound. You need to make sure it stays under your tongue.

I dropped 10mg under my tongue of the raw powder. I felt no damage, yet had at least three days where I couldn't taste most types of flavor. At the time, I didn't realize what happened.... Until I did it again.
  • Agree x 1

#354 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 June 2018 - 09:26 PM

Anyone ever figure out what the half-life of this is?

#355 BioHacker=Life

• 249 posts

Posted 16 June 2018 - 02:03 AM

Feels like a few hours.

#356 Hyperflux

• 122 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 01:24 PM

How does 9MBC compare to BPC-157 for fixing amhetamine relae damage? Already used BPC for injuries
And it fine, but I'm wondering hely to wonder threes m Therese's better it you there

#357 Hyperflux

• 122 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 11:12 PM

How does 9MBC compare to BPC-157 for fixing amhetamine relae damage? Already used BPC for injuries
And it fine, but I'm wondering hely to wonder threes m Therese's better it you there

And this is why you don't go full bartard on benzos.

• Well Written x 1
  • Cheerful x 1
  • like x 1

#358 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 July 2018 - 11:40 PM

Anyone else feel nothing from this?

#359 Zed

• 36 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 03:28 PM

Because those are neurotoxic and 9-ME-BC is regenerative.

Right so  Harmane (a metabolite of Syrian Rue) is according to wiki is
" a methylated derivative of β-carboline with the molecular formula C12H10N2."
9 ME-BC according to wiki is ...

So what you are saying is that even though they both have the Exact same molecular formula and are both methylated,  one (harmane which happens to be cheap as chips and natural ) is "neurotoxic" and the other (patented and pricey as heck) is "neuroprotective" ...hmmmm...ok yeah its possible I guess even though I dont understand how.

Personally I haven't experienced anything "neurotoxic" (admittedly I microdose) and I  get all the dopamine stim and alertness effects from Syrian Rue. 

I wonder if there is anyone on this thread that has tried both and can give us a comparative review?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#360 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 July 2018 - 04:57 PM

Right so Harmane (a metabolite of Syrian Rue) is according to wiki is
9 ME-BC according to wiki is ...

So what you are saying is that even though they both have the Exact same molecular formula and are both methylated, one (harmane which happens to be cheap as chips and natural ) is "neurotoxic" and the other (patented and pricey as heck) is "neuroprotective" ...hmmmm...ok yeah its possible I guess even though I dont understand how.

Personally I haven't experienced anything "neurotoxic" (admittedly I microdose) and I get all the dopamine stim and alertness effects from Syrian Rue.

I wonder if there is anyone on this thread that has tried both and can give us a comparative review?

Do you happen to know if Syrian Rue depletes dopamine after cessation of use or does it naturally restore dopamine?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dopamine, parkinsons, adhd, nootropic, anhedonia

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)