Photo

Introducing Niagen from Live Cell Research

live cell research niagen

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#1 Ethan Furman

• 36 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 11:22 PM

This thread is sponsored by Live Cell Research. It can be used for promotion or informal interaction with existing or potential customers. Live Cell Research is free to delete any of their own contributions from this thread at their sole discretion, but cannot edit the content of a contribution by another user. LongeCity is not affiliated with Live Cell Research in any way and does NOT endorse or vouch for the safety of its products or services. LongeCity provides, at its discretion, this thread to Live Cell Research in grateful acknowledgement for a donation made to LongeCity. This thread is not, and must not be used by anyone, including Live Cell Research, as a means of conducting business, recording transactions or serving official notices or otherwise be relied on in any way. LongeCity may withdraw access to this thread, or remove this thread at its sole discretion at any time for any reason. Live Cell Research may decide to render this thread inaccessible by visitors at any time or remove, but not alter, posts made by others in this thread. With the exception of an express permission to advertise in this thread, the LongeCity User Agreement (Bylaw A) applies as normal in this thread. (Mind)

Hey everybody,

Live Cell Research, the maker of Niagen, is very excited to join the Longecity community. We're ready to answer any questions you may have about our exciting supplement, which we consider to be the next big breakthrough in life extension. Looking forward to contributing to this exciting conversation!

Ethan Furman

Lead Researcher

Live Cell Research

Edited by Mind, 30 October 2014 - 04:58 PM.

#2 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 12:36 AM

Hi Ethan, Welcome to Longecity!

Is Chromadex ok with you guys calling your supplement Niagen?  I would have thought they'd have a trademark on that name.

• Agree x 1

#3 Ethan Furman

• Topic Starter
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 06:20 PM

Hi Ethan, Welcome to Longecity!

Is Chromadex ok with you guys calling your supplement Niagen?  I would have thought they'd have a trademark on that name.

Hi Niner,

Live Cell Research is working in association with Chromadex, so we have their full support. We're very excited about this partnership and what the future holds. 

Ethan

#4 Ethan Furman

• Topic Starter
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 09:59 PM

Hey everybody,

In order to better help people experience the benefits of Niagen (nicotinamide riboside), we're always looking for feedback. If you get a second, please reply letting me know what the biggest benefits you're seeking are from an anti-aging supplement. Living longer? More energy? Youthful looks? What is it that you would want most from a product like Niagen?

Thanks all,

Ethan

#5 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:52 PM

Well, there's what I want, and then there's what Niagen can do.  Those are two different things.  So far, I find NR to be overstimulating at 500mg/day, to the point that I can't sleep.  250mg is right on the edge.  Researchers familiar with the compound think that adults will need 0.5-1 gram/day, or so.   If that's the case, it looks like I may be prevented from experiencing much of a benefit from it...

My sense of peoples' interests here would suggest this order for what people want:  1) Youthful looks, 2) Feeling good, 3) Living longer.  Some will invert this list, but I think this is the most common ranking.  I don't think that NR will do anything for the major looks items- reversing baldness and grey hair, eliminating wrinkles, reversing sagging skin. 

• Good Point x 1

#6 Ethan Furman

• Topic Starter
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:56 PM

Thanks Niner! How much are you taking currently? And what benefits (if any) are you experiencing?

#7 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 11:35 PM

I took 500mg for about three days, then stopped for a while.  Two days ago I tried 250mg, then took nothing after that.  It's the sleep problem that's keeping me from giving it a fair trial.  I've not noticed anything out of the ordinary, but really haven't taken very much yet.  I could probably take 125mg daily for a while.  I wonder if I'd "get used to it" and be able to increase the dose later?

#8 Ethan Furman

• Topic Starter
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 11:41 PM

Our capsules are 250mg, which we've found to be the most effective dosage. What time of day were you taking it? If you were taking it at night, that may have been what kept you up. We recommend taking Niagen first thing in the morning.

#9 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 12:01 AM

I took it in the morning.  Do other people notice the sleep issues?

#10 Ethan Furman

• Topic Starter
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 12:14 AM

Most of our customers actually report experiencing better, more restful sleep (as well as better recall of their dreams). However, a small number of people do report having some sleep issues, which they attribute to having increased energy.

Because Niagen comes in cellulose capsules, it is possible for you to open them up and reduce your dosage by taking half a capsule a day. My suggestion would be to do exactly what you mentioned - start with a smaller dose, then work your way up to a full capsule.

#11 mpe

• Guest, F@H
  • 275 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 12:46 AM

I took it in the morning. Do other people notice the sleep issues?

My day typically starts at 3.45am, breakfast by 4.30 am including
N/r.
I found, in the pm if I sat down for more than a few minutes, I would fall asleep( once the dosage was over 250 mg. Other issues caused me to discontinue my n/r and the afternoon crash cleared up.

Mike

#12 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 12:57 AM

I've been taking 250mg of Niagen first thing in the morning for six months. I haven't noticed anything different in my sleep patterns, or anything else for that matter. Before beginning my six-month trial of Niagen I had standard blood tests taken. Then again last week (after six-months on Niagen) I had the same blood tests taken again. Since nothing changed for better or worse, I doubt I'll continue buying Niagen. The price is too high, and the benefits are what?
  • like x 1

#13 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 01:17 AM

I've been taking 250mg of Niagen first thing in the morning for six months. I haven't noticed anything different in my sleep patterns, or anything else for that matter. Before beginning my six-month trial of Niagen I had standard blood tests taken. Then again last week (after six-months on Niagen) I had the same blood tests taken again. Since nothing changed for better or worse, I doubt I'll continue buying Niagen. The price is too high, and the benefits are what?

Maybe this is a case of the dose needing to be in the 500-1000mg range, and 250 just isn't enough?  Or maybe you're too young and/or healthy to see a difference.  What kinds of blood tests did you get?   It's possible that you weren't looking at a marker that NR would have an effect on.   People seem to have a wide spectrum of reactions to this stuff...   For some people it's the greatest thing since sliced cheese, while others are ready to pitch it.

#14 Ethan Furman

• Topic Starter
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 01:28 AM

Indeed, as Niner pointed out, many people experience a whole host of different benefits from Niagen, including more energy, better sleep, improved mood and even healthier skin. But everyone is different. We have found that older customers typically notice the most dramatic results. Of course, if you have noticed absolutely no benefits and are dissatisfied after 6 months of continued use, we do offer a full 90-day 100% money-back guarantee.

We do not claim, however, that Niagen is better than sliced cheese. After all, very few things are ;)

#15 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 01:48 AM

What kinds of blood tests did you get? It's possible that you weren't looking at a marker that NR would have an effect on. People seem to have a wide spectrum of reactions to this stuff... For some people it's the greatest thing since sliced cheese, while others are ready to pitch it.

Standard stuff, nothing fancy. I told my doctor -- who's great, Harvard-trained, liberal, cool. My two check ups and blood tests included:

Body Mass Index
Diastolic BP
Systolic BP
Red Cell Distribution Width-SD
Red Cell Distribution Width-CV
Non-HDL Cholesterol
Anion Gap
Albumin Level
Alanine Aminotransferase
Alkaline Phosphatase
Aspartate Aminotransferase
Blood Urea Nitrogen
Calcium Level Total
Cholesterol Level Total
Chloride Level
Osmolality, Calculated
Carbon Dioxide Level
Creatinine
Glucose
Hematocrit
HDL Cholesterol
Hemoglobin
Potassium Level
LDL Cholesterol
MCH
MCHC
Mean Platelet Volume
Sodium Level
Platelet Count
Red Blood Cell Count
Bilirubin Total
Testosterone Total
Testosterone Free
Protein Total
Triglyceride
Thyroid Stimulating Hormone
BUN/Creat Ratio
VLDL Cholesterol
White Blood Count

All came back "normal" and within range, and there wasn't much difference to note after six-months of Niagen.

#16 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 02:35 AM

Of course, if you have noticed absolutely no benefits and are dissatisfied after 6 months of continued use, we do offer a full 90-day 100% money-back guarantee.

Wonderful! You just made my night! Six bottles at $47.99 each is $287.94. Need my address?

#17 Ethan Furman

• Topic Starter
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 06:49 PM

Of course, if you have noticed absolutely no benefits and are dissatisfied after 6 months of continued use, we do offer a full 90-day 100% money-back guarantee.

Wonderful! You just made my night! Six bottles at $47.99 each is $287.94. Need my address?

Any Niagen you purchased from Live Cell Research within 90 days qualifies for a full refund. Just call our customer service department at 1-844-650-5933, and a member of our support team will be happy to help you out. 

#18 Ethan Furman

• Topic Starter
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 11:29 PM

Hey everybody,

Check out our website at www.livecellresearch.com/niagen. Be sure to check out the Documentary, that will explain everything you need to know about Niagen. And stay tuned - we'll be offering a special bulk buying offer for Longecity members in the coming days.

Thanks!

Ethan

#19 Ceci1ia

• 13 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 11:38 PM

The first two months I took Niagen, it was like a dream come true. I had so much energy and my workouts were amazing. I was sleeping like a baby and I had a wonderful feeling of emotional well being. I took 2 pills first thing in the morning. I allowed a few days in between bottles of Niagen. When I started my third bottle, there was nothing. No effects, no great sleep, my workouts were a chore and I wasn't receiving the same benefits. I tried taking one extra pill in the afternoon, but there was no change. I tried opening another new bottle to see if the other bottle was contaminated, but there was no change. I returned to taking 2 pills first thing in the morning, but when this bottle is over, I don't foresee buying any more Niagen. I can't figure out what happened. It was amazing while it lasted.

• like x 3

#20 M-K

• 67 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 03:53 AM

Cecilia, my guess is that you've exhausted some body chemical that NR work's with. In your place I'd suspend the Niagen and resume in a month or two. Your post is very helpful in trying to figure out what's going on. You might want to post it to the NR personal experience thread, too. Thanks.

Edited by M-K, 18 September 2014 - 03:56 AM.

#21 Ceci1ia

• 13 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 02:52 PM

Thank you for your reply. I will try that and report back.

#22 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 01:48 AM

Ceci1ia, M-K may well be right, but I thought of another possibility-  My experience with Niagen makes me wonder if it's not capable of kicking off a hypomania.  Hypomanic states feel absolutely great.  If I could be in one constantly, I'd take that deal in a heartbeat.  They don't last forever, so a sudden loss of that wonderful feeling would be consistent with that having happened.  Drug-induced hypomanias are fairly common.  SSRIs will do it in some people.  I can get them from a large dose of corticosteroids, like prednisone.  

#23 Ceci1ia

• 13 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 06:32 PM

I suppose anything is possible, Niner. But I will take the suggestion to go off it a couple of months to see if it can come back when I restart Niagen. I have wondered, since it is related to the B vitamins, that if I'm taking a B vitamin supplement in addition to Niagen, if maybe I'm "topped up" and the Niagen doesn't have an effect. There are so many variables -- for instance, I take B supplements because I'm also vegan. I also have nutritional yeast in my green smoothie, and I understand that also provides B vitamins. So I just wonder if I went off all B supplements, would the Niagen have more of an effect. 

#24 M-K

• 67 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 04:05 AM

We're all on so many different supplements it's impossible to say, but I haven't found any problems with B vitamins plus NR. Personally, I wouldn't want to go without them. The B vitamins are thought to be synergistic with each other. To long a topic to go into on a touchscreen keyboard.

#25 APBT

• 906 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 02:54 PM

Hey everybody,

Check out our website at www.livecellresearch.com/niagen. Be sure to check out the Documentary, that will explain everything you need to know about Niagen. And stay tuned - we'll be offering a special bulk buying offer for Longecity members in the coming days.

Thanks!

Ethan

Ethan

What is the status of the bulk buy offer?  Thanks. 

#26 Ethan Furman

• Topic Starter
  • 36 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 06:13 PM

Hey everybody,

Thanks!

Ethan

Ethan

What is the status of the bulk buy offer?  Thanks. 

Up and running, APBT - here's the link to the offer: http://livecellresea...ity_special.php

#27 APBT

• 906 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 08:30 PM

Ethan

Is it accurate that there are no fillers or extra ingredients in your NIAGEN capsules?

http://livecellresea...ement_facts.jpg

#28 MangekyōPeter

• 171 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 09:13 PM

Up and running, APBT - here's the link to the offer: http://livecellresea...ity_special.php

Hi Ethan, awesome of you to offer such a discount! :)

Just wondering if you, maybe, also plan to offer a similar discount to a slightly smaller quantities (like 3, instead of 6)?

But anyhow, very cool!

#29 Ethan Furman

• Topic Starter
  • 36 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 09:41 PM

Ethan

Is it accurate that there are no fillers or extra ingredients in your NIAGEN capsules?

http://livecellresea...ement_facts.jpg

That's correct. There's nothing in our Niagen besides NR and the vegetable cellulose the capsule is made of.

#30 Ethan Furman

• Topic Starter
  • 36 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 09:43 PM

Hi Ethan, awesome of you to offer such a discount! :)

Just wondering if you, maybe, also plan to offer a similar discount to a slightly smaller quantities (like 3, instead of 6)?

But anyhow, very cool!

Hey there! We always offer discounts on 2- and 3-bottle packages of Niagen, plus free shipping. Check out our discounts here: http://www.livecellr...m/order_now.php

Ethan

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: live cell, research, niagen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users