• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

How to find primary care doctors that are pro-life extension?

doctors life extension treatment

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 LucidMind

• 49 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 09:07 AM

I don't know if this question belongs in this subforum, but I am curious how I could find a primary care doctor who would be knowledgeable in much of the life-extension research and would be agreeable with treating me in preventative manner within the framework of life extension or body/brain hacking. 

• Good Point x 1

#2 Antonio2014

• 634 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 April 2015 - 11:26 AM

Not exactly the same, but it would be very useful to have a list of doctors/hospitals that are supportive of cryonics and thus agree to make cryonics procedures if a patient so wishes.

• Agree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 APBT

• 906 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 01:06 PM

This may be of some help Innovative Doctors and Health Practitioners

• Informative x 1
  • Cheerful x 1

#4 LucidMind

• Topic Starter
  • 49 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 04:50 AM

The tough part is going to be sifting through the quacks and being able to properly find the open-minded cutting edge docs who espouse experimental approaches that are backed with scientific studies. I am wary of the docs who describe themselves mostly as Eastern Medicine types. 

Edited by LucidMind, 01 May 2015 - 04:51 AM.

• Good Point x 1
  • Agree x 1

#5 LucidMind

• Topic Starter
  • 49 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 07:53 AM

I think another issue is how one defines "alternative medicine." I googled alternative medicine medical doctors and it seems that doctors supporting supplementation with fish oil and Vitamin D fall in the holistic camp. I am surprised since the benefits of fish oil and Vitamin D are based on actual scientific studies. I don't see why supplementation with ALCAR, R-lipoic Acid, and Curcumin should be considered "alternative medicine" as well. There is ample evidence to back this up. What I consider alternative medicine with contested scientific evidence is chiropractic treatment (although certain aspects may have science backing), acupuncture (I believe this is mostly a placebo effect in people who report benefits), and homeopathy (complete pseudoscience). I also think any doctor who espouses healing the spiritual aspect of a patient is firmly in the alternative camp. 

It seems there needs to be a new category designed for medical practitioners who are open to supplementation that has scientific evidence and who approve of biohacking, and the quantified-self movement. There seems to to be a new need for a category of doctors who would espouse many of the practices in LongeCity. Or is the issue that they would be risking their medical license or would be unable to properly bill insurance companies for these cutting edge or experimental treatments (all backed by some scientific data)?

Edited by LucidMind, 08 May 2015 - 07:55 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#6 A941

• 1,027 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 04:32 AM

I once read "Pro Aging" on my Doctors T-Shirt, which I think is either a joke on some hypes from the cosmetics industry, or her real standpoint.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: doctors, life extension, treatment

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users