Career, family and nootropics

career nootropics

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 gav12345

• 1 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 04:46 PM

Hi all,

I'd really appreciate some advice, both general and a little more specific.

I'm 43 and for the last 15 years I have worked in IT. For someone who is at best averagely numeric, this has not been easy but through a lot of hard work and stress I now find myself working as a data manager.

IT wasn't my first choice of career but for quite personal reasons is the one I have ended up in. Until recently I accepted that this was my lot in life - I also now have a family to support - but a series of serious family illnesses recently which have made me question this.

In psychometric testing, I am weak on the numeric side but strong on verbal and written communication. My question to the forum is, do I:

A.) Try to change career - at the relatively advanced age of 43 - to something more suited to my brain?
B.) Take nootropics to help me to continue on the IT career path? Essentially forcing my brain to do something it's not naturally geared to do. If so, which are best for a 43 year old family man (by 'family man' I mean which nootropics are very safe?)
C.) Something else?

I apologise for the brevity of the post and hope I get at least one of two responses. I had wanted to make this a little more personal and in depth, but have a crying baby in the background so need to go. Thanks so much for any input / suggestions.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: career, nootropics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users