• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Does Tenex (Guanfacine) increase Acetylcholine?

parasympathetic acetylcholine tenex

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Math Help

• 3 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:35 PM

I have been diagnosed as parasympathetic dominant with Autonomic Dysreflexia and went through three different TCA's (with awful side effects) one of which landed me in the ER feeling severely unable to breathe. I then tried an anticholinergic called bentyl with awful side effects as well. The next drug was then to try Tenex. I looked this one up as my Cardiologist said it would reduce my ACh, but I read (actually from a user on here) that it actually increases ACh and lowers NE. I read that it inhibits the SNS, and I just wanted to know if anyone with more knowledge than myself (which shouldn't be difficult) could shed some light as I know my doctor is trying, but these side effects are just mind-boggling. However, the increased ACh from doing nothing makes it so that my once-athletic self feels the back of his head (Vagus Nerve?) and lungs constrict to the point of being unable to breathe from just walking to the mailbox, and I have no answers. Thank you for any help!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: parasympathetic, acetylcholine, tenex

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users