• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

What's the differences between Niagen, NAD+, NM, NMN, NR and what is the best to get?

niagen nad nmn nad+

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
392 replies to this topic

#391 p75213

• 73 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 December 2019 - 06:43 PM

I'd like to know when the small molecule nampt activators will be available. At least a couple of companies are selling supplements which work in this manner. Neurohacker Eternus and Nuchido Time+ are two I'm aware of.

#392 able

• 851 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 December 2019 - 07:19 PM

I'd like to know when the small molecule nampt activators will be available. At least a couple of companies are selling supplements which work in this manner. Neurohacker Eternus and Nuchido Time+ are two I'm aware of.

Seems plausible.  Wish we had some clue which work, but guess they are worth trying. 

ABN has 3 different products:

https://alivebynature.com/product-category/nad-optimizer/

• Informative x 1

#393 ZuoCi

• 30 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 January 2020 - 02:36 AM

There´s no scientific evidence that NR or NMN can be absorbed sublingually. None of the human (or animal) studies on either compound used sublingual administration.

Virtually everything with poor oral absorption is better when administered sublingually. There are only a handful of substances that need to be broken down by the liver to work. Dutasteride for instance is essentially inert if injected instead of taken orally. But it's extremely uncommon. Whether we're talking opioids, estrogen, or even zinc and B-12, they have dramatically higher bio-availability when taken sublingually. 

We know NMN administred via IV is effective in boosting blood and tissue NAD+ levels.  I wonder if sublingual NMN would be effective as well and how much NMN could be absorbed sublingually?  The bio-availability of NMN and NR appear to be quite poor when taken orally 

At a minimum it would be neutral, but would probably help. Another alternative would be adding it to DMSO and applying it topically (assuming one is adverse to needles)

I am curious: why is anyone at all taking oral NAD-boosters? Even ignoring data of detrimental effects on possibly cancer, Sirt-1 etc. If anyone is serious about NAD-boosters: why aren't you all buying needles and inject yourself a high dose every day to have any effect at all? Oral intake seems to be a complete waste of money. What am I missing?

Habit and worry over needles IMO. People are used to taking pills, not injections. You'll find a huge portion of the people willing to inject peptides already have some other needle based routine(insulin, steroids, narcotics, etc). I'd imagine you wouldn't need to do IV. Even sub-q usually offers the same benefits(as does sublingual and DMSO topical application). Though it depends heavily on the substance and how easily it absorbs. This also depends on what type of carriers would allow it to dissolve.

Does anyone know what dissolves NMN/NR?

• Good Point x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: niagen, nad, nmn, nad+

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users