* * * * * 4 votes

Nicotinamide Mononucleotide (NMN) personal experience thread

nmn nicotinamide mononucleotide

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
670 replies to this topic

#451 Aak

• 14 posts

Posted 23 March 2019 - 02:35 AM

Thanks so much for the help on Hydrogen peroxide.. off topic but relevant to an above poster, I just watched an interesting doco on saffron which contained a study about saffron used as an antidepressant. Im not sure if the above person has tried herbs as a treatment to aid in their depression but there are many worth giving a try. I havent tried to find the study to link here but it showed near parallel results in a blind study compared to antidepressants.. I hope you find something that works for you

• Off-Topic x 1

#452 AlbertN

• 42 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 01:54 AM

When I take a scoop that is approximately 125 mg of the powder, I do feel a slight response.

If I fill the little sugar spoon I prefer to use, which holds about twice as much, I most definitely get a stronger response, and elevated heart rate.

Before a big workout, I sometimes take 2 of those spoonfuls back to back, or about 500 mg.  It is even more stimulating.

I'm pretty sure I feel stimulated after taking ABN NMN powder.  However today for the first time I took 500mg of MNN within about a 10 minute period. I can't say whether or not I felt more stimulated after the 500mg (compared to taking less) but one thing I did not get was the elevated heart rate you mentioned.  My heart rate was about 52 beat per minute before I took it and rose to no more that 55 beats per minute in the next 20 minutes.  The 3 beats difference was probably noise.  No where near the 20 beats per minute you reported.    Just one more data point for everyone else.

• Agree x 1

#453 able

• 851 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 March 2019 - 03:44 AM

I'm pretty sure I feel stimulated after taking ABN NMN powder.  However today for the first time I took 500mg of MNN within about a 10 minute period. I can't say whether or not I felt more stimulated after the 500mg (compared to taking less) but one thing I did not get was the elevated heart rate you mentioned.  My heart rate was about 52 beat per minute before I took it and rose to no more that 55 beats per minute in the next 20 minutes.  The 3 beats difference was probably noise.  No where near the 20 beats per minute you reported.    Just one more data point for everyone else.

Thanks for the feedback.  Yes, doesn't sound like you get anything near the response I do.  Did I say 20 bpm though?  Its really closer to 10. Maybe the first time I tried it was 20 - idk - I have terrible memory.

Not sure if it matters, but I'm not talking about taking it over 10 minutes. I will take a 250 mg spoonful in the locker room before I go up to exercise.  Sometimes, I'll take 2 back to back - within 2 minutes.  And feel the response within minutes.

But you're in a different class than me, with a 52 bpm heart rate.  You must be doing something right.

Edited by able, 25 March 2019 - 03:46 AM.

#454 The Beauty of Peace

• 173 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 March 2019 - 05:20 PM

I have been taking the Thorne ResveraCel (NR 600 mg, resveratrol 300 mg, etc.) for a few weeks and felt nothing in terms of energy.

Then I started taking the NMN powder from the Alive by nature company and I felt a kick of energy right away (I am taking 2 scoops/day = 250 mg).

I love it.

But 3 scoops of the NMN powder keep me awake at night.  :sad:

Does anyone who takes NMN feel he/she needs to take Resveratrol as well? If yes, which brand do you use? And what dosage? Thanks! 

#455 Oakman

Posted 25 March 2019 - 05:29 PM

Not sure about 'need to', but I take CurEase 100% Trans-R powder This is actually 100% trans-R not 100% R (which is actually only 50% trans-R). There are a lot of misleading ways to label. Dose I use is either 250 mg or 500 mg split /day.

#456 The Beauty of Peace

• 173 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 March 2019 - 05:57 PM

Not sure about 'need to', but I take CurEase 100% Trans-R powder This is actually 100% trans-R not 100% R (which is actually only 50% trans-R). There are a lot of misleading ways to label. Dose I use is either 250 mg or 500 mg split /day.

It looks like it is not micronized.

Do you feel like it is working? Thanks.

#457 Oakman

Posted 25 March 2019 - 07:18 PM

I don't know what micronized looks/feels like, but this is an extremely fine powder, like flour, but denser. 

Like many things I take, I do so on faith that it has a good effect somehow. In this particular case, my faith is in D Sinclair, as he takes it. So if he thinks it worthwhile, so be it. Really, I have no idea, nor have I ever heard anyone, with confidence, 'feel something' from R, sorry wish it made me feel like a $1M, but no.

• Agree x 1

#458 Heisok

• 611 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 March 2019 - 07:43 PM

"I have found that 4 scoops (roughly 500 mg) is WAY too much for me personally in a single dose.

It is not subjective - my heart rate increases close to 20 bpm.

I clearly find that 250 or 500 mg provides more “kick” than a 125 mg dose, so it doesn’t seem to have a limit of 30 mg."

Able, just my opinion, but I think that it might be good that it is more like 10 now. I do keep a close watch. All of the personal experiences are important to me as studies are not very common yet.

Edited by Heisok, 25 March 2019 - 08:30 PM.

#459 Bushi84

• 34 posts

Posted 26 March 2019 - 01:38 PM

Does it matter if it's micronized?

I usually put mine in some hummus since it's a fat soluble. 

#460 QuestforLife

• NO

Posted 26 March 2019 - 02:02 PM

Anyone else getting heart palpitations from NMN?

I've been experimenting with 500mg a day (sublingual, split dose) and have been having palpitations.

I'm not 100% sure it's caused by the NMN, hence the shout out to anyone else with similar experiences.

#461 The Beauty of Peace

• 173 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 March 2019 - 02:14 PM

Does it matter if it's micronized?

I usually put mine in some hummus since it's a fat soluble. 

"Micronization allows increased drug absorption, thus increasing availability."

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC3173869/

Anyone else getting heart palpitations from NMN?

I've been experimenting with 500mg a day (sublingual, split dose) and have been having palpitations.

I'm not 100% sure it's caused by the NMN, hence the shout out to anyone else with similar experiences.

I do. That is why I only take 250-375 mg/day. A couple people mentioned that they have palpitations either from NMN or NAD+.

• Informative x 2

#462 EpicNMN

• Registrant
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 08:35 AM

Lawrence, what great info. Thanks for sharing and tracking so well! I've started using NMN and will track my results and report as well. One question: I'm still confused about the "activators" you use in addition to the NMN dosing. Do you just mean the few drops of H2o2 per day or is there something else that you use in addition? I appreciate it, and keep the great data coming :)

• Agree x 1

#463 MJC73

• 15 posts

Posted 01 April 2019 - 04:50 AM

5 week update

I weighed myself today and I'm at 94kgs which is -3kgs vs my initial weigh-in weight of 97kgs. I have also noted a significant increase in muscularity so I'm guessing that I've probably lost 5-6kgs of fat across the period. 

My body has changed significantly to the point where my muscularity is similar if not superior to that of my body in my mid-20's (reminder I'm 45 years old). My mid-section is significantly reduced to the point that I'm considering buying new clothes as my 36in trousers are now far too loose and I have the beginnings of a six pack (more like a two pack at the moment and there's still work to go to get to my 25 year old self but it's progress).

My skin seems to be better - it's hard to quantify but I put sunscreen on the other day before a trip to the beach and my skin had a shine to it that I haven't seen for a long time, as though the small lines or marks are smoothing out. 

I'm now doing the H2O2 activator routine (3 drops of 35% H2O2 in a large glass of water) which is pretty gross (the taste is nasty) and mildly terrifying given the dangerous nature of the product but I've not noticed any negative side effects yet and I slept like a baby the first night I did it, to the point where I woke up at 7.00am on Sunday and went for a walk on the beach when normally I'd sleep in to 9.00am and mooch around till 10.30am and have two coffees before I could motivate myself to get out of the house.

My ABN sublingual tablets are winging their way from Florida as we speak which is handy as I'm almost out of powder so I'll be interested to see if there are any differences from that style of delivery.

That's it for now

• Informative x 4
  • Cheerful x 1

#464 The Beauty of Peace

• 173 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 April 2019 - 02:35 PM

MJC73, do you take Resveratrol as well? Or any other supplements?

#465 Phoebus

• 851 posts

Posted 02 April 2019 - 03:23 PM

Can someone explain the H2O2 protocol to me? 

Are you supposed to do that on an empty stomach? 

How much? 

What is the logic/reasoning behind it? 

Thank you 

• like x 1

#466 The Beauty of Peace

• 173 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 April 2019 - 03:41 PM

I'm now doing the H2O2 activator routine (3 drops of 35% H2O2 in a large glass of water) which is pretty gross (the taste is nasty) and mildly terrifying given the dangerous nature of the 

I assume you are taking food grade hydrogen peroxide? Where did you buy it? 

#467 MJC73

• 15 posts

Posted 02 April 2019 - 10:26 PM

MJC73, do you take Resveratrol as well? Or any other supplements?

To answer a couple of questions in one reply

- I did take resveratrol for a couple of weeks but once I ran out I didn't refill the order, I continue to take TMG to supplement the consumed methyl groups from the NMN

- I got the 35% H202 from an ebay provider here in Australia (so probably not much help to those overseas folks)

- I take 3 drops in a large glass of demineralised water on an empty stomach, I keep a dropper bottle in the fridge and the rest in the freezer

- The purpose of the H2O2 is probably better explained by someone like Lawrence - if you read through the patent application (there's a link somewhere back in this thread) you get a good idea of the thought process behind the activators but in my simple laymans understanding the reason for it is to prevent homeostasis that kicks in after a month or so as your body adjusts, the activators prevent the homeostasis process so you continue to get the benefits of the NMN.

Edited by MJC73, 02 April 2019 - 10:37 PM.

#468 accord

• 18 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 03:59 AM

I'm considering to order NMN from AlivebyNature.

- Can we know what is the purity of their NMN?

- Do they post lab testing results for every batch?

- Do you guy trust AlivebyNature?

Purity was important for them: https://alivebynatur...mn-testing-new/

But now, you can see the lack of results... They do not even mention this on their product page.

Since their products selling well, is it possible that they do not care about quality anymore?

Edited by accord, 18 April 2019 - 04:04 AM.

#469 Reven

• 20 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 07:23 PM

I've already encountered the homeostasis that everyone is talking about.  I suffer from chronic fatigue associated with moderate sleep apnea, so I can really feel it when the effect starts to wear off.  Is it too late for me to begin taking H2O2 to negate this problem?  Should I discontinue everything for a month to reset my system?

Thanks

#470 accord

• 18 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 09:58 PM

I've already encountered the homeostasis that everyone is talking about.  I suffer from chronic fatigue associated with moderate sleep apnea, so I can really feel it when the effect starts to wear off.  Is it too late for me to begin taking H2O2 to negate this problem?  Should I discontinue everything for a month to reset my system?

Thanks

Are you taking it sublingually?

#471 Reven

• 20 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 12:36 AM

Are you taking it sublingually?

Now I am, I wasn't originally though.  The first 6 weeks or so I took NR only orally.  Then I ordered  some NMN powder.  Now I've been taking 1-2 scoops of NMN sublingually along with 300 mg NR.  At approximately the 2 month mark I felt the effects start to wane.  They're still there, but it's significantly reduced.

• Informative x 2

#472 joesixpack

• 457 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 April 2019 - 07:14 AM

Now I am, I wasn't originally though.  The first 6 weeks or so I took NR only orally.  Then I ordered  some NMN powder.  Now I've been taking 1-2 scoops of NMN sublingually along with 300 mg NR.  At approximately the 2 month mark I felt the effects start to wane.  They're still there, but it's significantly reduced.

How old are you? If you are too young, this might not be good for you. You may be over dosing on this stuff.

If not too young, you may be over dosing anyway. You may need to take some b12 and tmg to deal with the methylation issue, and maybe back off a bit.

• Agree x 2
  • Disagree x 1

#473 Reven

• 20 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 04:01 PM

How old are you? If you are too young, this might not be good for you. You may be over dosing on this stuff.

If not too young, you may be over dosing anyway. You may need to take some b12 and tmg to deal with the methylation issue, and maybe back off a bit.

I'm 39, but with my sleep apnea issue I just feel like lying in bed all day without something to give me energy.  I take TMG, but I don't take B12.  Maybe I'll try some.

#474 lost69

• 285 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 04:43 PM

The 8 oz. bottle will last you way more than a year.

http://trinitynutralab.com/

what do you think helped with your reflux?NMN or the activator products or both?

i have only laringeal reflux but it is a very big problem for my swimming and singing.limonene/diet helped with throatache but i can t swim 2 hours that i get sinus/throatache problems again and vocal folds are always damaged.i m thinking of surgery for this summer if i dont find solutions (pump hinibitors work very little for me and make me feel so bad with no energy/asma that i prefer reflux to them)

i m thinking to try your combo for 30 days and see if i improve.thank you very much for any feedback on NMN and your healed reflux

#475 j l grace

• 10 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 April 2019 - 05:46 PM

Personal subjective experience warning....

Last week I started taking 125mg sublingually 8 times a day, I have been extremely productive. but...

Is this stuff addictive??? When I don't take it every 90 minutes I crash pretty hard, want to sleep, maybe it's because I do so much? About 10 minutes after I dose I am on fire, I get 3 to 5 times as much done. 

Now I'm running out  :unsure:, being addicted to, err, the productivity and in denial about this homeostasis thing (perhaps I can just whiten my teeth every day!) I am in a panic about maintaining supply. I am in Australia and the last Alive By Nature shipment took 10 days, maybe they will urgent air freight it to me when I call and beg on Monday. But...

Here are my other thoughts about supply, any ideas to help an addict out appreciated.

• DIY NMN, doesn't seem that hard really,  patent US4411995 makes it sound like a long hot and cold walk in the park. Surely one can buy this ribose -5- phosphate much cheaper than NMN! 3d print some equipment, how hard can it be?

• Fly to the usa get faster shipping

• Buy some from Lawrence, 5.5kg in his freezer... yes please

• Cut my dose:

I noticed big Dave has his own brand coming out? (search halo1618) It is 40mg per serve sublingual mixed with erythritol so....... I bought some erythritol and mixed it with 60mg of my (almost empty alive by nature 12 grams is that a false bottom!!!?? NMN) and it gave me the same 'hit' as 125mg. They (Sinclair Laboratories) say "with Erythritol, the NMN was present up to 250x more present in the bloodstream" Oh I see, 'present' 'more present' indeed and 250x more than what I don't know. "Smaller, More Frequent Doses After you take an NMN supplement, the NMN is no longer present in your bloodstream after 40 minutes. " FYI, see their halo1618 facebook page and amazon unreleased product page. 

Actually didn't expect NMN would be this good.

Even at a cut dose I'm going to run out...

Thoughts ...

• Enjoying the show x 3
  • like x 1

#476 Engadin

• 198 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 April 2019 - 08:19 PM

I noticed big Dave has his own brand coming out? (search halo1618)

Thoughts ...

David Sinclair seems not to be in the Halo1618 game:

https://www.longecit...ndpost&p=872741

• Informative x 1
  • Agree x 1

#477 j l grace

• 10 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 April 2019 - 11:22 PM

David Sinclair seems not to be in the Halo1618 game:

https://www.longecit...ndpost&p=872741

Thanks Edgadin, how unethical! Any thoughts on Erythritol mix? Seems to work for me, maybe psychosomatic.

#478 accord

• 18 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 11:56 PM

Last week I started taking 125mg sublingually 8 times a day, I have been extremely productive. but...

Is this stuff addictive??? When I don't take it every 90 minutes I crash pretty hard, want to sleep, maybe it's because I do so much? About 10 minutes after I dose I am on fire, I get 3 to 5 times as much done. 

I feel the same after 20mg p5p (active form of b6) except for the crash, and it can last longer, maybe 2-3 hours.

What kind of work are you doing when you say "extremely productive"? I'm a software engineer.

I haven't tried NMN yet. I feel like P5P is helping me out with mental work (mental performance, focus, energy). I also use Niagen but while it does help a little bit with mental performance, I feel like it is mostly for physical energy, less so for focus.

Do you guys think that NMN is better for mental performance compared to Niagen?

I'm haven't switched to NMN yet because of safety worries. (but keep considering it)

When David Sinclair was asked recently about human safety, he said he will know more at the end of this year and joking about that he is taking it and not yet dead.

Edited by accord, 29 April 2019 - 12:02 AM.

#479 LawrenceW

• Topic Starter
  • 401 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 12:19 AM

Thanks Edgadin, how unethical! Any thoughts on Erythritol mix? Seems to work for me, maybe psychosomatic.

Tried the erythritol  for our sublingual pills last summer.  My teeth and a couple of the other guinea pigs' teeth became very sensitive after about a month.

#480 LawrenceW

• Topic Starter
  • 401 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 02:57 AM

I'm haven't switched to NMN yet because of safety worries. (but keep considering it)

When David Sinclair was asked recently about human safety, he said he will know more at the end of this year and joking about that he is taking it and not yet dead.

In this video from 2016 https://www.youtube....h?v=lA4DbN01q70 Sinclair states that it has been proven surprisingly safe in over 100 humans.

I also recall that he mentioned in a more recent video that NMN has now passed its human safety trial.

• Agree x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nmn, nicotinamide mononucleotide

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users