Nicotinamide Mononucleotide (NMN) personal experience thread

nmn nicotinamide mononucleotide

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
488 replies to this topic

#481 bluemoon

• 714 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 April 2019 - 10:04 AM

In this video from 2016 https://www.youtube....h?v=lA4DbN01q70 Sinclair states that it has been proven surprisingly safe in over 100 humans.

I also recall that he mentioned in a more recent video that NMN has now passed its human safety trial.

In the video you linked to from 2016, Sinclair was referring to the many NR trials underway and the safety of NR, not NMN at the 6:40 mark. This video was posted in July 2016 and the first human trial with NMN began recruiting in July 2017: "Effect of NMN (Nicotinomide Mononucleotide) Supplementation on Cardiometabolic Function". Sinclair's NMN safety trial at Brigham and Women’s Hospital, in Boston, in late 2017.

• Informative x 1

#482 accord

• 18 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 06:12 PM

In this video from 2016 https://www.youtube....h?v=lA4DbN01q70 Sinclair states that it has been proven surprisingly safe in over 100 humans.

I also recall that he mentioned in a more recent video that NMN has now passed its human safety trial.

Thanks, that's useful.

What do you think about bluemoon's comment regarding to NR?

Click HERE to rent this ad spot for the NAD+ forum to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#483 accord

• 18 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 06:15 PM

BTW, this is the recently made presentation (about the future of humanity), I was referring to.

David was asked if NMN is safe for humans, and this is his answer. The video starts at the question:

https://youtu.be/EX_vUgAvG04?t=1768

Edited by accord, 29 April 2019 - 06:30 PM.

#484 bluemoon

• 714 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 April 2019 - 03:18 AM

Thanks, that's useful.

What do you think about bluemoon's comment regarding to NR?

I don't think LawrenceW follows the science of NMN that closely based on a couple of comments he has made here.

• Disagree x 2
  • Needs references x 1
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Agree x 1

#485 accord

• 18 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 11:55 PM

I'm considering to order NMN from AlivebyNature.

- Can we know what is the purity of their NMN?

- Do they post lab testing results for every batch?

- Do you guy trust AlivebyNature?

Purity was important for them: https://alivebynatur...mn-testing-new/

But now, you can see the lack of results... They do not even mention this on their product page.

Since their products selling well, is it possible that they do not care about quality anymore?

I've contacted them and they've sent me lab results. They've also started posting them again.

Scroll down here: https://alivebynatur...ingual-tablets/

Bit of a relief.

Edited by accord, 06 May 2019 - 11:57 PM.

• Informative x 1

#486 Yamu Xu

• 6 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 10:47 AM

I read a paper that said Fisetin accelerates the rate of telomere shortening:

Accelerated Aging during Chronic Oxidative Stress: A Role for PARP-1

-------------------------

AMPK activators can inhibit SASP, and AMPK and mTOR regulate autophagy too, what's more, activate AMPK can protect telomere!

So don't eat fisetin everyday, just eat some safe AMPK activators to control chronic inflammatory.

BTW, Alive by Nature's pills of activator contain fisetin, be careful of this.

What's more, H2O2 can increase NF-κb and NF-κb can cause DNA damage  too, so drinking H2O2 to activate AMPK may be not a good idea,  we can eat some safe AMPK activators! I recommend baicalein as AMPK activator, baicalein has a strong effect of anti-cancer, and it can extend life span in  animal experiment, related paper:

http://xueshu.baidu....&site=xueshu_se

Edited by Yamu Xu, 07 May 2019 - 10:49 AM.

• Informative x 3
  • Off-Topic x 2
  • Good Point x 1

#487 Chrys

• 24 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 May 2019 - 03:46 PM

Yamu Xu - do you know what dosage for baicalein can be tolerated for humans?

• Off-Topic x 3
  • Cheerful x 1

#488 MJC73

• 14 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 12:29 AM

Update

After breaking my big toe in 3 places in the gym I can confirm that NMN has no magical properties on bone healing as my 3 week xray showed that I had no bone knitting at all (I was a bit slack with the rest component and the moon shoe use) so it's back in the moon shoe for another 4 weeks, I've suspended my daily NMN regimen as a result just in case there are any negative side effects with respect to bone healing as if it fails to heal further then I'm off for surgery to fuse my big toe together with wire and a piece of bone from my hip which sounds mighty unpleasant. 

I had my blood work done last week and my general health is excellent - triglycerides were excellent, cholesterol was high at 6.00 but the ratio of LDL to HDL was excellent and my doc said that these days they favor the ratio rather than the total number. My BP was at 120/70 and my resting pulse at 52 - my doc punched in the numbers into his heart health programme on the computer and my % chance of a heart attack came back at close to 0. I'll try to keep up a regular sampling to see if anything is trending. 

Click HERE to rent this ad spot for the NAD+ forum to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#489 Wiggy

• 4 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 May 2019 - 09:14 PM

Interesting on the bloodwork MJC. My experience was the same. After eating pretty well for the past 12 months and 2 months on NMN at 2x125mg per day, my total cholesterol increased from low 5’s to 6.3. The ratio was pretty good and triglycerides were low. The Doc was happy. I have been as high as 7.5 in the past and got down to 3.7 on statins, but stopped taking the statin after a few years due to negative publicity about their side effects. The Doc didn’t advise me to take CoQ10, but I have recently started taking that and have seen an improvement in hair, skin and nails.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nmn, nicotinamide mononucleotide

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users