• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Do I need anti-psychotics or anticonvulsants? Help me understand the difference?

antipsychotic anticonvulsant borderline personality disorder ocd

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#31 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 08:43 PM

Try something that will agree with you even in old age.  Magnesium and grapefruit will help extinguish the negative fear loops and bring about a more mindful and tolerable day-to-day existence.  Magnesium would also help you respond to medicines or require less of them, but you have to take a lot of it probably one extra daily recommendation.

#32 John250

• Topic Starter
  • 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 July 2018 - 09:40 PM

Try something that will agree with you even in old age. Magnesium and grapefruit will help extinguish the negative fear loops and bring about a more mindful and tolerable day-to-day existence. Magnesium would also help you respond to medicines or require less of them, but you have to take a lot of it probably one extra daily recommendation.

How about 400mg magnesium glycinate afternoon and 2g Magtein night? Or more? My stomach can handle anything.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#33 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 12:12 AM

Looks good might want to stay near a toilet, I would see if you can get away with a little less even for that reason.  I take 1.5g of magtein, usually mid-day.  It's highly stimulating of the mitochondria, so taking it at night gives the strange feeling of having lots of energy while being perfectly ready to sleep

Let me know how it goes, I'm really really curious if I'm onto something and others agree.  It really made me a more consistently chill person while not doing much for self-injury (nail biting, picking, etc), for that you may ironically need counseling.  Seems like the magnesium stays in your system for several days, but if you stop taking it and don't eat square meals you're no good without your meds

Edit: There's another secret to the gains I've been holding out on.  Not the easiest stuff in the world to get, but lately I've been getting CBD extract in a little glass dripper syringe.  Seems to be really pungent stuff

Edited by gamesguru, 26 July 2018 - 01:08 AM.

• Informative x 1

#34 John250

• Topic Starter
  • 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 July 2018 - 02:51 AM

Looks good might want to stay near a toilet, I would see if you can get away with a little less even for that reason. I take 1.5g of magtein, usually mid-day. It's highly stimulating of the mitochondria, so taking it at night gives the strange feeling of having lots of energy while being perfectly ready to sleep

Let me know how it goes, I'm really really curious if I'm onto something and others agree. It really made me a more consistently chill person while not doing much for self-injury (nail biting, picking, etc), for that you may ironically need counseling. Seems like the magnesium stays in your system for several days, but if you stop taking it and don't eat square meals you're no good without your meds

Edit: There's another secret to the gains I've been holding out on. Not the easiest stuff in the world to get, but lately I've been getting CBD extract in a little glass dripper syringe. Seems to be really pungent stuff

I’ve actually been using that magnesium stack for a few years now. No stomach issues. I could easily add another 2g Magtein in there if it’s beneficial?

I take this CBD

https://www.longecit...e/?fromsearch=1

#35 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 03:58 PM

I always think the places advertising CBD north of 8 mile are cute.  Honestly, not sure how effective 25 mg would be orally.  75mg would be getting there.  A 1 gram syringe @70% purity lasts me 3-4 days at best and I still have issues.

It's the same for magnesium, I used to take liquid magnesium pretty consistently but never would have sworn by it.  I was bitterly disappointed by it even, left it to collect dust.  Magnesium threonate is definitely in a different league from what I was taking (liquid oxide form).

I can't say much about glycinate, but I would assume it's somewhere middle ground between oxide and threonate.  I don't know if the threonate form absorbs in the stomach better, or maybe across the brain, maybe the threonate has some effects itself.. but I can tell you it feels a lot more effective and is pretty much exactly what I was looking for.

I would also give a little thought to omega 3s, a few tablespoons of flaxseed with my morning smoothie seems to have done me very well.

#36 John250

• Topic Starter
  • 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 July 2018 - 04:45 PM

I always think the places advertising CBD north of 8 mile are cute. Honestly, not sure how effective 25 mg would be orally. 75mg would be getting there. A 1 gram syringe @70% purity lasts me 3-4 days at best and I still have issues.

It's the same for magnesium, I used to take liquid magnesium pretty consistently but never would have sworn by it. I was bitterly disappointed by it even, left it to collect dust. Magnesium threonate is definitely in a different league from what I was taking (liquid oxide form).

I can't say much about glycinate, but I would assume it's somewhere middle ground between oxide and threonate. I don't know if the threonate form absorbs in the stomach better, or maybe across the brain, maybe the threonate has some effects itself.. but I can tell you it feels a lot more effective and is pretty much exactly what I was looking for.

I would also give a little thought to omega 3s, a few tablespoons of flaxseed with my morning smoothie seems to have done me very well.

Thank you as nobody else has mentioned proper dosing of CBD I thought 25 mg was a good amount but it’s nice to know 75 is better. I do take about 6 g of omega oil per day 2 grams krill oil syntriol and 5g black cumin oil

#37 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 11:57 AM

Yeah, 75mg is definitely better but the thing is I'm getting almost three times that.  And I'm not sure how much dosing orally versus inhaling can diminish the effect.  CBD is great for a lot of things: anxiety, addiction (a heavy user could swap it for regular bud and not experience much withdrawal), and much more, but you must must must dial the dose in right.

It has been said that magnesium and CBD would be enough to let a man happily live out a life sentence in prison.  Definitely some truth there.

You'll still feel pain, but real and true pain, shaped by your journey, experienced in normal amounts by normal people.  It is not the type of pain to make you cry endlessly or say something you will regret in 5 seconds.  It's a faint and guiding pain, like footsteps melting into the sands of time.

The other thing to keep in mind is patience.  You might feel like it's only working halfway if at all, but the thing to keep in mind is you spent your whole life feeling sort of hopeless and always in that mindset.  It's going to take time to get out of that mindset, trust me, but one day you'll wake up wondering how you wasted so much time in it.

Edited by gamesguru, 27 July 2018 - 12:04 PM.

• Well Written x 1

#38 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 29 July 2018 - 10:12 AM

Some last thoughts...

I would also give ginger a go, if your stomach can handle anything that is, aha.  It a potent antioxidant and facilitator of nerve outgrowth, it has the benefit of thinning one's blood, as well as boosting mitochondrial function and total testosterone, modulating nicotinic sites in the amygdala through 5-HT3 antagonism, maintaining dopamine function, and offering a whole slew of positives which escape the narrow confines of this post.  Most everyone would respond quite well to it I would imagine

I would steer clear of bacopa and paroxetine, ginkgo, vyvanse, and abilify.. anything which boosts acetylecholine in the limbic system or dopamine in the prefrontal lobes should be carefully avoided, or at least, kept to a minimum.  Subtler approaches may be more prudent here, do not go with the headbanger approach or changing 5 lanes at once

Edited by gamesguru, 29 July 2018 - 10:13 AM.

• Agree x 1

#39 John250

• Topic Starter
  • 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 July 2018 - 07:03 PM

Some last thoughts...

I would also give ginger a go, if your stomach can handle anything that is, aha. It a potent antioxidant and facilitator of nerve outgrowth, it has the benefit of thinning one's blood, as well as boosting mitochondrial function and total testosterone, modulating nicotinic sites in the amygdala through 5-HT3 antagonism, maintaining dopamine function, and offering a whole slew of positives which escape the narrow confines of this post. Most everyone would respond quite well to it I would imagine

I would steer clear of bacopa and paroxetine, ginkgo, vyvanse, and abilify.. anything which boosts acetylecholine in the limbic system or dopamine in the prefrontal lobes should be carefully avoided, or at least, kept to a minimum. Subtler approaches may be more prudent here, do not go with the headbanger approach or changing 5 lanes at once

I could handle a ton of ginger no problem. Do you have a good recommendation for brand, dosing, type, etc.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#40 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 29 July 2018 - 08:28 PM

I've had better results brewing it myself than taking capsules, the dehydration process may tilt the gingerols in favor of shoagols.  You'll want to blend, strain but leave some grits, mix with brown sugar and fizzy water to make it more palatable.

I was just getting at Kroger, that was fine but I noticed it was sometimes watery or not very spicy and that an Asian mart down the road had more consistent quality

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: antipsychotic, anticonvulsant, borderline personality disorder, ocd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users