- - - - -

Preworkout Recommendations

preworkout exercise

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 cat-nips

• 226 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 06:19 PM

Lately I've been fizzling out and stopping about 30-40 min into my regime not due to fatigue, but boredom and lack of concentration.  Looking for not so crazy and simple additions to help combat this.

Currently doing 3-5x per week of Yoga / Resistance / HIIT interval based workout, averaging about 60 min each.

Preworkout

Pea protein shake usually on waking

Coffee w/ MCT and GFB

Ashwagandha

Any recommendations?

#2 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 August 2018 - 09:46 PM

If you want something more mild on the stimulant end but still giving you a good pump I recommend SuperNova by Nutrabolics. If you want high stimulate with DMAA then go with god of rage by centurion labz. The new version does not contain DMAA but you can still find the old version on eBay. If you want a higher stimulant formula that contains DMHA that’s a bit more on the mild side go with Stampede by Project AD. If you want a stronger DMHA version then Re1gn by Olympus Labs is very strong.

Edited by John250, 31 August 2018 - 09:47 PM.

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert

#3 cat-nips

• Topic Starter
  • 226 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 12:42 AM

Thanks. Don't know much about the workout end of nootropics so I appreciate info other than the usual BCAAs and Creatine you see recommended.  I've seen a lot out there - Nitric Oxide Boosters and etc, but admittedly haven't brought myself to try.  I think the names of some of these products actually turn me off or scare me away. God of Rage? Yikes. Lol. Sorry.  :) Appreciate the recommendation - Ill look into them.  

Edited by cat-nips, 01 September 2018 - 01:07 AM.

#4 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 10:46 AM

I am unsure if normal human metabolism supports intense workouts more than 30 to 40 minutes. I know professional athletes push things farther, but normal people seem to max out at less than 60 minutes.

• Needs references x 1
  • Agree x 1

#5 cat-nips

• Topic Starter
  • 226 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 01:24 PM

Definition of intense for normal people?  A range based on perceived rate of exertion or heart rate and age? 

#6 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 04:05 PM

Just subjective, based on my own experience and watching other people at the gym.

#7 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 September 2018 - 07:21 PM

If you want to just keep it simple you can always use caffeine for the stimulant and for the blood flow and pump you can add Citrulline, beta alanine and a good form of arginine like AAKG or Nitrosigine. Maybe a little Teacrine for energy as well.

#8 cat-nips

• Topic Starter
  • 226 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 09:38 PM

Thanks for the suggestions again. What exactly is pump? Sorry for being an idiot. I’ve heard it mentioned and assumed it referred to greater power during weightlifting? I’m female and usually only do body weight and HIIT so I’m not sure if “pump” is applicable. Lol. But I do have issues with recovery, energy levels drastically dipping post-workout and recently, losing focus.
Do you know of a decent product that would have a combination of those things that wasn’t so heavily stim based? I also take 75mg of Artvigil in the AMs and drink coffee so I’d be scared of overdoing it with anything additional.

Edited by cat-nips, 01 September 2018 - 09:52 PM.

#9 cat-nips

• Topic Starter
  • 226 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 04:48 PM

If you want to just keep it simple you can always use caffeine for the stimulant and for the blood flow and pump you can add Citrulline, beta alanine and a good form of arginine like AAKG or Nitrosigine. Maybe a little Teacrine for energy as well.

Have you heard of the Pre-Jym preworkout powder or have any thoughts on it?  The label for Supernova, raises a few concerns that the combined impact of caffeine + aurantium + theobromine levels might be a bit excessive for my needs, and I've always reacted negatively to anything that contains Huperzine A.  

81eJ7%2Bhd0YL._SX522_.jpg

Edited by cat-nips, 02 September 2018 - 05:03 PM.

#10 cat-nips

• Topic Starter
  • 226 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 06:36 PM

Just subjective, based on my own experience and watching other people at the gym.

I get the message, but I really don't feel like I'm pushing too much. Fatigue comes a few hours post workout, and I suspect hypothyroid issues are to blame, but not during. It's more a matter of losing focus and getting bored and distracted 20 min in that I can't seem to understand.  

My workouts are too integral to my general well being and mental health for me to consider giving up or even reducing. I've already cut way back over the years due to oxidative stress and increased cortisol concerns.

Wake/Shake/Coffee/Workout has been my routine or at least aspired routine for many years. If those things aren't complete then everything else falls apart for me and so I'd like to try a few things to fix that first before giving up that fight.  

#11 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 September 2018 - 07:15 PM

Have you heard of the Pre-Jym preworkout powder or have any thoughts on it? The label for Supernova, raises a few concerns that the combined impact of caffeine + aurantium + theobromine levels might be a bit excessive for my needs, and I've always reacted negatively to anything that contains Huperzine A.

81eJ7%2Bhd0YL._SX522_.jpg

I also don’t like too much Huperzine anything over 200mcg is too much for me. The supernova is pretty mild you can always start with a half serving at first but pre-jym is actually a pretty decent brand with a good reputation.

Another two pre-workouts that have a pretty impressive profile and are not too over-the-top that I enjoyed were

https://www.amazon.c...e/dp/B01CPSKECI

https://www.amazon.c...e/dp/B01AWJNP14

Edited by John250, 02 September 2018 - 07:18 PM.

• like x 1

#12 cat-nips

• Topic Starter
  • 226 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 11:48 PM

Thank you. Have you found anything effective to aid in shorter recovery times post workout?  Dextrose, phosphytidylserine or something else?  

Edited by cat-nips, 02 September 2018 - 11:57 PM.

#13 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 September 2018 - 09:25 PM

Thank you. Have you found anything effective to aid in shorter recovery times post workout? Dextrose, phosphytidylserine or something else?

Mainly just higher protein intake and bcaa’s with Eaa’s Intra workout. I prefer Nutrabios IntraBlast. Other than that the best possible thing for recovery is HGH.

#14 cat-nips

• Topic Starter
  • 226 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 07:18 PM

Ok, good idea. I'll try doing protein pre and other aminos intra and post to see if it helps focus and recovery fatigue.  Or maybe flip to do aminos pre/intra and protein post.  Thanks for the suggestions.  Think my long recoveries are due to hypothyroidism so I'll be getting that panel done shortly to see if possible synthetic thyroid will help.  For now, I'll be abstaining for a bit out of wariness over the 5 hour crash afterwards that I'm getting lately, even despite not feeling like I'm pushing very much at all.  So sad to have to give up the prospect of my "me" time.   Even a few days or a week off is enough for me to throw out my balance.  Sigh. 

Edited by cat-nips, 04 September 2018 - 07:21 PM.

#15 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 September 2018 - 08:46 PM

Ok, good idea. I'll try doing protein pre and other aminos intra and post to see if it helps focus and recovery fatigue. Or maybe flip to do aminos pre/intra and protein post. Thanks for the suggestions. Think my long recoveries are due to hypothyroidism so I'll be getting that panel done shortly to see if possible synthetic thyroid will help. For now, I'll be abstaining for a bit out of wariness over the 5 hour crash afterwards that I'm getting lately, even despite not feeling like I'm pushing very much at all. So sad to have to give up the prospect of my "me" time. Even a few days or a week off is enough for me to throw out my balance. Sigh.

If you do use hgh it can cause symptoms of hypothyroidism in some people so maybe consider a low/moderate dose of igf-Lr3 instead.
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert

#16 cat-nips

• Topic Starter
  • 226 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 09:04 PM

Interesting suggestion. Beyond my current realms of knowledge though, so I guess I have a potential stream of research to do there.   :)  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: preworkout, exercise

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users