Choline Bitartrate, Phosphatidylcholine and Ocd/Depression

choline

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic
⌛⇒ write a quiz!

#1 elc202

• 9 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 01:19 AM

i have depression/ocd. so i was browsing this forum and i found several threads talk about how choline causes depression,  but i didnt find any study to confirm this.

i take some supplements that has happen to have a form of choline in them , like meriva curcumin(phosphatidylcholine), inositol/choline bitartrate, and phosphatidyl serine.

on the other hand i found some sites that say it actually improve your mood :

- https://www.selfhack...line-alpha-gpc/

- https://draxe.com/what-is-choline/

also i take Acetylcarnitine and TMG, which are related to choline. thinking they may help my condition

so which side is correct? does it improve your mood or cause depression?

#2 experimenting

• 186 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 03:05 AM

Excess ACH can absolutely cause depression, anxiety, OCD, etc. Some can take ALCAR, CDP, etc; others are very sensitive (I am). You're taking 3 cholinergics. I would consider ceasing for some time and seeing how you go. Piracetam can rapidly decrease choline stores-perhaps give it a try.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 elc202

• Topic Starter
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 08:20 AM

Excess ACH can absolutely cause depression, anxiety, OCD, etc. Some can take ALCAR, CDP, etc; others are very sensitive (I am). You're taking 3 cholinergics. I would consider ceasing for some time and seeing how you go. Piracetam can rapidly decrease choline stores-perhaps give it a try.

hi

thanks for the reply.

which three of the five supplements i listed are cholinergic and i should stop taking? (meriva curcumin(phosphatidylcholine), inositol/choline bitartrate, phosphatidyl serine, Acetylcarnitine and TMG)

thanks

Edited by elc202, 13 October 2018 - 08:20 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: choline

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users