• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Elastin Promotion Protocol

elastin tropoelastin skin elasticity elastin tropoelastin dermarolling derma-rolling

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#31 dalack

• 68 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 April 2019 - 02:15 PM

Was interested in Methylene blue skin for skin rejuvenation after reading a nature article and bought some of this to apply.

https://www.nature.c...598-017-02419-3

https://www.amazon.c...gateway&sr=8-20

I've started to apply it to my left hand  to see how it compares to my right hand after a period of 4 weeks time. Just started so we'll see how this goes. 

Today I found there's a skin care topical version so I might switch eventually because the raw version i'm using stains my hand blue and its a pain to remove 

https://www.amazon.c...=8-1-spons&th=1

Edited by dalack, 03 April 2019 - 02:15 PM.

• Informative x 1

#32 jgkyker

• Topic Starter
  • 94 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 03:17 PM

Was interested in Methylene blue skin for skin rejuvenation after reading a nature article and bought some of this to apply.

I've started to apply it to my left hand  to see how it compares to my right hand after a period of 4 weeks time. Just started so we'll see how this goes. 

Sounds great. Let us know how things progress. I may consider adding this down the road, if you have some success.

I read the abstract to that study and wanted to quote this part:

Gene expression analysis showed that MB treatment altered the expression of a subset of extracellular matrix proteins in the skin, including upregulation of elastin and collagen 2A1, two essential components for healthy skin. Altogether, our study suggests that MB has a great potential for skin care.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#33 jgkyker

• Topic Starter
  • 94 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 03:28 PM

It has been about 1.5 weeks since my last update. I am now starting week 7 of the protocol.

I still experience the "tightness" I have mentioned on my forehead and also my upper cheeks. I also feel like the "snap-back" action I have mentioned is becoming stronger. I wonder if this is because I am doing it all the time. Snapping-back my forehead has almost become habitual, mostly because I notice that when I do, the wrinkles are forced into a stretched state, making them almost disappear. One note on this, it makes my ears "wiggle." So, this is probably just the normal ear wiggling motion that some people can do, while others, if I recollect, cannot. I do seem to remember being able to do this, as a kid.

Most importantly, I do believe I am seeing progress on the wrinkles in my forehead. This is largely subjective, however. Nonetheless, I have been examining things rather closely the last couple of days, and it seems to me that the largest wrinkle may have been reduced by 1/3 in size. I plan to actually measure these and take notes on wrinkle size, now, to be certain of future improvements, as I cannot be truly certain here at this time.

Here are current measurements:

- Large, top wrinkle = ~3"

- Middle, right = ~1.25"

- Large, bottom = ~2.5"

There is also an upper, right wrinkle that is probably a little over an inch, maybe 1.5". However, I am not including it as it seems to be fading or barely there now. It could arguably have been a section of the large, top wrinkle.

Edited by jgkyker, 03 April 2019 - 03:41 PM.

#34 dalack

• 68 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 April 2019 - 11:15 PM

There's also procedure called liviv where they take a skin sample and culture your fibroblasts to inject back. This is supposed to increase your skins elastin and collagen production.
Its pretty pricey from what I've read but probably the best technology at this point to rejuvenate your skin.

Edited by dalack, 04 April 2019 - 11:17 PM.

• like x 2
  • Needs references x 1

#35 jgkyker

• Topic Starter
  • 94 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 01:32 AM

I want to communicate a brief change. I am adding Threonine to my daily amino acid regimen, as it is not included in the collagen peptide product I use (link in first post). I am mostly doing this due to Turnbuckle's stem cell research indicating the criticality of Threonine when it comes to stem cell health. However, since Threonine is apparently an important component of elastin, I want to mention this change here.

From PubChem:

Threonine is an essential amino acid in humans (provided by food), Threonine is an important residue of many proteins, such as tooth enamel, collagen, and elastin.

I suspect I may be somewhat deficient of this amino acid. It is available in peanuts, of which I partake frequently. However, I am often also out of peanuts etc. Therefore, to sustain a supply of this important amino acid, I will begin supplementation tomorrow evening, when I usually consume GABA, lysine, and collagen peptides.

• like x 1

#36 jgkyker

• Topic Starter
  • 94 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 09:20 PM

It has been about 3 weeks since the last update. During the last two weeks, I did get a little lazy with the derma-rolling treatment, but I only was late by a day or two. I still did it each week.

I definitely believe this regimen is doing something positive to my skin. Would I highly recommend it? Not yet, key-word "highly." I feel like I need to see more definitive results. At this time, I still do not believe it is worth measuring the wrinkles in my forehead again, as I do not believe substantial progress has been made in terms of permanent fading. I do believe the wrinkles are becoming less severe, and I do believe they are fading. It is just taking ample time to accomplish it. At this rate, a new measurement of the wrinkles in 3-6 months is likely worthwhile, if at all. (Time will tell.)

• Cheerful x 1

#37 jgkyker

• Topic Starter
  • 94 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 01:01 PM

A quick update.

Summary

I may have some evidence that my skin is growing more rapidly than I thought.

Details

I play guitar, and I play regularly, enough to build some strong, visible callouses on my fingers. I took a week off of guitar, for the most part (I might have played 1-2 days). In that short timeframe, the callouses disappeared. I was actually somewhat shocked by this, as it seemed to happen very quickly. I am not clearly certain if that rapidity is normal or super-normal. It seems possibly super-normal, and if so, it is likely due to this regimen, particularly the amino acids I am taking, as I do not intentionally put cream on those fingers (they do get a bit of it when I apply).

I missed my amino acid regimen 1 day last week due to travel. Most of the amino acids are in powder form, and I didn't see an easy way to travel with them. So, I just forewent them that evening. I doubt it will be a big deal, in the long run.

Small Change

I will be derma-rolling / applying the cream still one day a week (no change there) but it will be on a different day now, likely Wednesday or Thursday. This is due to me trying to avoid the erythema being too obvious among company. It really is not that big of a deal, but it reduces questions like, "What happened to your face?" As long as I give it 36 hours, these questions never seem to occur, though I often push it to 18-24 hours.

#38 jgkyker

• Topic Starter
  • 94 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 04:31 AM

A quick update.

Somewhere about 1.5 - 2 months ago, I stopped derma-rolling and applying the cream. I'm not sure why. I suppose because it is a hassle and it induces pain. I intend to start back up again this week or next.

I definitely feel like I went a little backwards, in terms of skin quality.

I am still and have been consistently faithful with my oral supplements. However, last week (or 2 weeks ago), I decided to cut my collagen peptide intake by half. So, instead of 10+ grams, I'm now more around 7 each evening.

On top of all this, I intend to begin using retinol, as Retin-A is highly recommended by dermatologists. (Retinol is the OTC version of Retin-A, which is a higher percentage.) So, I will be adding a morning and evening topical of retinol daily. Hopefully, I can be faithful with this.

#39 YOLF

Posted 25 July 2019 - 10:49 PM

Can I buy elastatropin as a research chem somewhere?

• WellResearched x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#40 jgkyker

• Topic Starter
  • 94 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 02:04 PM

Can I buy elastatropin as a research chem somewhere?

I did look around for this, and I couldn't locate anything. It appears to be patented (maybe I misunderstood). Consequently, you would need to reach out to those patent holders, which I believe is the company responsible for the cream discussed in the first post.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: elastin tropoelastin skin elasticity, elastin, tropoelastin, dermarolling, derma-rolling

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users