rejuvenation col17a1 y27632 apocynin

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic
⌛⇒ support MITOMOUSE via LongeCity!

#31 Rocket

• 842 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 April 2019 - 12:59 AM

I am more interested because of its arteriosclerosis benefits!

#32 Phoebus

• 665 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 02:43 PM

update? 

• Agree x 1

To book this BIOSCIENCE ad spot and support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above) - click HERE.

#33 granmasutensil

• 44 posts

Posted 01 June 2019 - 10:39 AM

Interested in an update also.

#34 Turnbuckle

• 3,636 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 June 2019 - 11:03 AM

Here is the original paper: https://www.nature.c...tform=hootsuite

You can get around the paywall here-- https://sci-hub.se/1...1586-019-1085-7

• like x 1

#35 Phoebus

• 665 posts

Posted 28 June 2019 - 04:38 PM

so I guess this never happened 

bummer 

#36 Meredith Wesley

• 6 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 07:54 AM

Can it make people's skin younger?

Click HERE to rent this BIOSCIENCE adspot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#37 granmasutensil

• 44 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 10:01 PM

Can it make people's skin younger?

That's the claim. I've added it to my face serum and used it for a month. After around 2-3 days noticed a difference in skin tone. It was quite noticeable so I think that is noteworthy to mention it actually did do something which many times isn't the case with most skincare.  Looks more refreshed like a person has had a lot of rest and been on a cleanse is the best way I know how to describe it. I have no wrinkles or other issues along the lines of mature skin aging since I've always taken care of my skin. Just dark circles. After a month skin has slightly tightened and firmed up, and a little less puffy perhaps. But like I said wasn't dealing with anything where big results would happen anyways. But for the price and amount used it's quite economical regardless. A person could use it generously even in a body spray thats just water everyday for probably 2 years and still have material left. Wish there was more discussion on this...

• Informative x 1

#38 Phoebus

• 665 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 01:12 AM

That's the claim. I've added it to my face serum and used it for a month. After around 2-3 days noticed a difference in skin tone. It was quite noticeable so I think that is noteworthy to mention it actually did do something which many times isn't the case with most skincare.  Looks more refreshed like a person has had a lot of rest and been on a cleanse is the best way I know how to describe it. I have no wrinkles or other issues along the lines of mature skin aging since I've always taken care of my skin. Just dark circles. After a month skin has slightly tightened and firmed up, and a little less puffy perhaps. But like I said wasn't dealing with anything where big results would happen anyways. But for the price and amount used it's quite economical regardless. A person could use it generously even in a body spray thats just water everyday for probably 2 years and still have material left. Wish there was more discussion on this...

where did you buy it from? 

#39 Meredith Wesley

• 6 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 08:22 AM

I contacted some suppliers and found that its purity is different.Should I choose high purity or low?

#40 granmasutensil

• 44 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 11:35 AM

where did you buy it from? 

https://www.ebay.com...353.m2749.l2649

• Informative x 2

#41 Meredith Wesley

• 6 posts

Posted 26 July 2019 - 01:44 AM

I found a supplier to be very pure but not available to patients.It can only be used as research.

https://www.medcheme...m/Apocynin.html

#42 aribadabar

• 637 posts

Posted 26 July 2019 - 03:57 PM

Would you share your "recipe" - how many grams Apocynin into how many ml of serum?

#43 Fafner55

• 227 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 August 2019 - 04:26 PM

Self Experiments with Apocynin

Apocynin has been demonstrated to 

1. improve wound healing by promoting stem cell proliferation (topical 100 μM apocynin solution in 0.5% DMSO). “Stem cell competition orchestrates skin homeostasis and ageing” (2019) https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-019-1085-7
  2. Increase the expression on Yamanaka factors Oct4, Sox2, Klf4 and c-Myc and promote stem cell self-renewal (in vitro 100 μM apocynin solution in 0.5% DMSO; in vivo IP injection).  “Apocynin suppression of NADPH oxidase reverses the aging process in mesenchymal stem cells to promote osteogenesis and increase bone mass” (2015) https://www.nature.com/articles/srep18572

To assess the potential of apocynin to improve skin I tested topical solutions of it on my left forearm while using my right arm as the control. At 64 years old, the insides of my forearms have a crepy, wrinkled appearance and any improvement should be readily apparent.

In 3 different experiments there was no apparent change in my skin from topical solutions of apocynin.

Experiment #1

Hypothesis; Apocynin, applied topically, will improve the skin quality by increasing the number of epidermal stem cells. 

Design: Apply a topical 200 μM apocynin solution in 0.5% DMSO  3x/day to my left forearm. Use the right arm as the control.

Result: After 5 weeks of daily application there was no observable change.

Experiment #2

Hypothesis: Experiment #1 was not successful because either the concentration was too low or the absorption was too poor. Improving both could give better results.

Design: Apply a topical 1600 μM apocynin in 0.5% DMSO in solution with 0.25% hyaluronic acid and 3% propylene glycol 2x/day to my left forearm. Use the right arm as the control.

Result:  After 4 weeks of daily application there was no observable change.

Experiment #3

Hypothesis: Previous experiments were unsuccessful because a wound healing response is needed to increase stem cell proliferation.

Design: Daily, apply a 12% ammonium lactate lotion to the right arm, wait 15 minutes then shower it off. Ammonium lactate lotion causes a superficial chemical peel that is reputed to be effective in removing dark spots and small keratoses. The removal of skin cells will affect a mild wound healing response that increases the rate of skin turnover and promotes the production of natural elastin and collagen. Then, apply a topical 3200 μM apocynin in solution with 0.5% DMSO, 0.25% hyaluronic acid and 3% propylene glycol 2x/day to my left forearm. Use the right arm as the control.

Result: After 3 weeks of daily application there was no observed benefits to the ammonium lactate lotion +  apocynin arm (left) compared to ammonium lactate lotion only arm (right). The appearance of both arms improved (reduced age spots and scar tissue but not much reduction in wrinkles) from the ammonium lactate lotion alone.

• Informative x 3
  • WellResearched x 1

#44 Engadin

• 100 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 August 2019 - 01:03 PM

Hi Fafner55,

are you using water to dilute DMSO?. I can't get it clear from the posts above. If not, no need to go ahead reading. If yes, perhaps you are not getting the expected results because:

"(An) important fact is that when water (perhaps by accident) is present as a cosolvent in the formulation, the penetration kinetics of DMSO are greatly diminished."

S O U R C E :    Pharmaceutical Technology_Dimethyl Sulfoxide (DMSO)

Go to the first paragraph of the last page.

Engadin.

Edited by Engadin, 19 August 2019 - 01:04 PM.

#45 Fafner55

• 227 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 August 2019 - 05:00 PM

are you using water to dilute DMSO?.

As has been common in research on apocynin, I mixed apocynin with DMSO then diluted it with water to a 0.5% DMSO solution. The result was watery, and while it may have had good absorption in an open wound, I found in experiment #1 that it evaporated quickly and probably had poor skin absorption. I tried to address the absorption issue in successive experiments by increasing the apocynin dose and adding hyaluronic acid and  propylene glycol while keeping the 0.5% DMSO constant.

On a side note that may be of interest, apocynin is sparingly soluble in water at room temperature but above 63°C its solubility in water is quite good. I tried making liposomal apocynin (17.5% apocynin, 17.5% soybean lecithin, 10% ethanol, 55% water) at 65°C and found that most of the apocynin precipitated out afterwards when cooled to room temperature. The taste of the remainder is indescribably awful.

Edited by Fafner55, 19 August 2019 - 05:30 PM.

• Informative x 1

#46 granmasutensil

• 44 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 06:26 PM

Would you share your "recipe" - how many grams Apocynin into how many ml of serum?

Sure it's pretty simple. I have a mg scale and put 30 mg in 10ml of water in one of those 30ml plastic measuring cups for liquid medicine they give away at the pharmacy. Put that in a hot water bath in a bowl or pyrex and stir. It dissolves much easier when warmed up. Then put 0.33ml of that still warm solution into a serum while stiring. That way it is dispersed fast before it can drop out of solution and is suspended in the serum. I just use one of those 1ml plastic syringes they give for free at a pharmacy. 0.33ml will give 1mg of apocynin which is the amount for 2 ounces/60ml of serum. But I personally just put it in 1 ounce given absorption is probably not the best in the first place. I use a little hand held mini paint mixer that I use just for mixing cosmetics. It does a very good job and the tip is very small you can fit it right into the openings of 1ounce serum dropper bottles that's how small it is. Not sure if a person could mix good enough by hand to get it dispersed well before it drops out of solution so I just use mixer. There are other mini ones but the tips are a lot bigger, the ones with the mini tip they are shaped like a tiny star or like hoya flowers that haven't opened.

https://www.amazon.c...=gateway&sr=8-6

• Informative x 1

To book this BIOSCIENCE ad spot and support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above) - click HERE.

#47 QuestforLife

• 718 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 02:40 PM

Self Experiments with Apocynin

Result:  After 4 weeks of daily application there was no observable change.

Might using a dermaroller enhance the delivery into the skin and supply the necessary inflammatory signalling to trigger skin rejuvenation?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rejuvenation, col17a1, y27632, apocynin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users