DHM (Dihydromyricetin) and benzos

dihydromyricetin clonazepam alcohol dhm benzo

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 chziime

• 52 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 May 2019 - 01:20 AM

So I take 1mg clonazepam daily, and I've been at that dose for a few months. I very rarely, if ever, drink alcohol, but this weekend I might for my 30th birthday. Now, I would have to skip my klonopin dose for the day, since the two cannot mix. I've done it before and was... relatively fine.

I am interested in taking DHM after drinking to help metabolize the ethanol more efficiently. I know it has effects on the GABA-a receptor (https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC3292407/).

"DHM anti-alcohol effects on both behavior and CNS neurons were antagonized by flumazenil, the benzodiazepine (BZ) antagonist. DHM competitively inhibited BZ-site flunitrazepam binding , suggesting DHM interaction with EtOH involves the BZ-sites on GABAA
Rs."

So I'm going to talk to my functional medicine doctor about this too, but would it be safe to take DHM while mildly dependent on benzos? I wouldn't go into a withdrawal as if I took flumazenil? Basically what I'd be doing is skipping clonazepam Saturday, having a few drinks (again, I've done this once before), then taking DHM at night. Outside of the obvious questionable aspect (hey, it's my 30th birthday!), is there anything concerning about this in regards to the DHM?

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 2

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dihydromyricetin, clonazepam, alcohol, dhm, benzo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users