Diabetics on Metformin Overall Risk of Death 93% than that of Non-Diabetics

metformin aging weight loss

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 WillNitschke

• 79 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 October 2019 - 09:23 AM

Now you're more reasonable. It simply isn't just the lack of a healthy diet making (many) diabetic.

I've a BMI of 20, eat healthy, and obviously need metformin to stay out of the diabetic range.

I was never unreasonable to begin with, you just failed to read my comments correctly. That's why I wrote "many" (not even "most") instead of "everybody". I'm very careful with the words I choose. (Although unfortunately I'm still prone to making typo's.)

Edited by WillNitschke, 23 October 2019 - 09:25 AM.

• unsure x 1

#32 sedentary

• 155 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 09:41 PM

pamojja, same with the relative who started metformin. they are actually vegetarian for the most part with meat consumption only on specific days and also they are quite skinny, not obese, yet they are prediabetic. metformin has been a life saver for them and im glad i was the one to recommend it. good to hear you are benefiting from it too. may i ask how much a day do you take and what dose?

oh and will, if you are not going to contribute to this thread which is about the benefits of metformin, please go make your own thread about the negatives of metformin and talk about your problems with it there please. you are just disrupting important topic.

Edited by sedentary, 23 October 2019 - 09:43 PM.

• Disagree x 2
  • Agree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 WillNitschke

• 79 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 October 2019 - 10:17 PM

oh and will, if you are not going to contribute to this thread which is about the benefits of metformin, please go make your own thread about the negatives of metformin and talk about your problems with it there please. you are just disrupting important topic.

Sorry, you're laughably off topic. The purpose of this thread is NOT to talk about the health benefits of metformin for people with diabetes or pre-diabetes. There are lots of forums on the internet for that purpose and if you want to discuss that, you should disappear and go there. The purpose of this thread is discuss the benefits of metformin in relation to longevity.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Agree x 1

#34 sedentary

• 155 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 12:37 AM

nope.

you seem to follow metformin threads on this forum and you always come out as negative nancy. ill just put you on ignore because obviously you are not educated enough to know any better. except maybe hold some grudge against metformin and follow threads related to it, then play scare tactics so that people who plan on using it with potential for benefit, become confused, but very detrimentally, not well informed at all!

• dislike x 1
  • like x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#35 WillNitschke

• 79 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 October 2019 - 12:53 AM

nope.

you seem to follow metformin threads on this forum and you always come out as negative nancy. ill just put you on ignore because obviously you are not educated enough to know any better. except maybe hold some grudge against metformin and follow threads related to it, then play scare tactics so that people who plan on using it with potential for benefit, become confused, but very detrimentally, not well informed at all!

Yeah I'm a "negative nancy" who wants to see evidence for why otherwise healthy people with normal blood sugar levels should take a prescription drug that has a significant impact on your liver metabolism. I need more than just insults from people who I'm unconvinced by, sorry. If you have any such evidence, please present it here.

• Well Written x 1
  • unsure x 1
  • dislike x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#36 pamojja

• 2,840 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 08:31 AM

may i ask how much a day do you take and what dose?

I usually took it with the evening meal. In high-carbing India a 850mg tablet, at home 500mg only. Both brought my glucose down to where it was the years before this recent rise, still on a low carb diet. Now without metformin the rise from my averages is 20 mg/dl in fasting, and 30 mg/dl in postprandial glucose.

• Informative x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: metformin, aging, weight loss

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users