Protecting from Coronavirus - Supplements & Therapies

coronavirus flu disease epidemics viruses immunity covid-19

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3083 replies to this topic

#2131 Gal220

• 1,047 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 03:53 PM

A Lancet preprint study:

Synergistic Effect of Quercetin and Vitamin C Against COVID-19: Is a Possible Guard for Front Liners

This study aimed to evaluate if quercetin and vitamin C could be protective against Novel Coronavirus.

Methods: In prophylaxis group supplementation containing 500mg of quercetin, 500mg of vitamin C and 50mg of  bromelain (QCB) was initiated daily in 2 divided doses for 71 healthcare workers working in areas with high risk of COVID-19, whereas 42 were determined as control group without using supplements.A maximum period of follow-up was determined as 120 days.Termination of use of QCB earlier or having a Coronavirus infection was considered as final point.At the end rapid diagnostic test used to detect immunoglobulin positivity.

Results: A total of 113 persons included. No significant difference detected between groups in terms of other features.Mean age of QCB group was 39.0 ± 8.8 years and control group was 32.9 ± 8.7.Average follow-up period for the QCB group was 113 days, and for the control group, 118, during follow-up period, 1 healthcare worker in QCB group and 9 out of 42 in control group had COVID-19.One of cases was asymptomatic, while others were not.Transmission risk hazard ratio whose did not receive QCB was 12.04 (95% Confidence interval= 1.26-115.06, P = 0.031).No significant effect of gender, smoking, antihypertensive medication exposure and having chronic disease on rate of transmission.

Conclusion: This study revealed that QCB was protective for healthcare workers.

Small study, wonder what their level of confidence is in it.  Hopefully it is true, seems more suggestive atm.

You can buy quercetin and bromelain as a combo, dr. best has one.  Take on an empty stomach, also good for uric acid(gout)

Just in time for thanksgiving.

quercetin info - "Dr Chrétien defines Quercetin a "broad-spectrum antiviral" that has shown to be effective against SARS, the Ebola virus, and the Zika virus"

bromelain info - "bromelain treatment was able to halt the interaction between S-Ectodomain and Vero E6 cells, significantly diminishing the SARS-CoV-2 infection in this cell line."

• Informative x 1

#2132 pamojja

• 2,840 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 10:58 PM

.. seems more suggestive atm.

A total of 113 study participants:

71 in the study group receiving 500 mg vitamin C and quercetine/bromelain. 1 tested covid-positive after 3 month = 1,4%
42 in the control group receiving nothing. 9 tested positive = 21%

Suggestive of an effect almost as strong as in the latest vaccine news. Or as much as strong placebo effect.

However, despite being daily at high risk for infection, those health-care workers remained for the vast part - 91% - covid negative. Which again hints at the mucosal and cellular immunity against this virus already prevalent in the vast majority of the population.

• Ill informed x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#2133 smithx

• 1,433 posts

Posted 19 November 2020 - 01:56 AM

Might hydrogen peroxide reduce the hospitalization rate and complications of SARS-CoV-2 infection?

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC7308628/

We propose a regimen of gargling 3 times per day for disinfection of the oral cavity and nasal washes with a nebulizer twice daily (due to a greater sensitivity of the nasal mucosa). Hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) is safe for use on the mucous membranes as gargling or as a nasal spray; in fact, it is already commonly used in otolaryngology. Figure 11 shows the epithelial of oral mucosa treated with H2O2 3% for a period of 6 months. No damage was observed on oral mucous membranes or their microvilli after ongoing gargling treatment with H2O2 3%. Another route for SARSCoV-2 is through nasolacrimal ducts; thus, we advise the use of iodopovidone 0.5%–0.6% as eye drops (1 drop 3 times daily on conjunctiva of both eyes) due to its antiseptic action against SARS-CoV-2 within 1 minute.

Edited by smithx, 19 November 2020 - 01:56 AM.

• Agree x 2
  • like x 1

#2134 Invicta Immortalem

• 18 posts

Posted 19 November 2020 - 02:02 AM

The potential of lactoferrin, ovotransferrin and lysozyme as antiviral and immune-modulating agents in COVID-19

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC7543043/

Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), caused by SARS coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), is spreading rapidly with no established effective treatments. While most cases are mild, others experience uncontrolled inflammatory responses with oxidative stress, dysregulation of iron and coagulation as features. Lactoferrin, ovotransferrin and lysozyme are abundant, safe antimicrobials that have wide antiviral as well as immunomodulatory properties. In particular, lactoferrin restores iron homeostasis and inhibits replication of SARS-CoV, which is closely related to SARS-CoV-2. Ovotransferrin has antiviral peptides and activities that are shared with lactoferrin. Both lactoferrin and lysozyme are ‘immune sensing’ as they may stimulate immune responses or resolve inflammation. Mechanisms by which these antimicrobials may treat or prevent COVID-19, as well as sources and forms of these, are reviewed.

Edited by Invicta Immortalem, 19 November 2020 - 02:04 AM.

• WellResearched x 1

#2135 Gal220

• 1,047 posts

Posted 19 November 2020 - 03:18 AM

Might hydrogen peroxide reduce the hospitalization rate and complications of SARS-CoV-2 infection?

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC7308628/

Good luck to them on getting that trial, I guess they didnt get the memo about this doctor(2nd video, start at 7:40) being shutdown successfully treating patients with it.

I cant see how this doesnt work, whats sad is this guy was doing it right from the get go.  Potentially 95% of this lockdown could have been avoided if they had followed up on his work.

He also mentions another incident(28:28 in the same video) in the medical literature where it took 30+ years for doctors to accept washing their hands after autopsies before delivering babies, crazy stuff.

Edited by Gal220, 19 November 2020 - 03:27 AM.

• like x 1

#2136 Gal220

• 1,047 posts

Posted 19 November 2020 - 03:35 AM

Suggestive of an effect almost as strong as in the latest vaccine news. Or as much as strong placebo effect.

Im hopeful, but when they tested that first vaccine on monkeys, they absolutely knew they were exposed.  If I knew for certain all 113 of these healthcare workers were exposed, case closed.

You would think the East Virginia Medical School would have more data on this, surely all their healthcare workers are following this.

At least we finally got some data.

• Agree x 1

#2137 Dorian Grey

• 2,159 posts

Posted 19 November 2020 - 05:28 AM

I think proponents of outpatient therapies are suffering from battle fatigue.  The latest ivermectin research should be front page news, but I haven't seen a single mention of it in the media.  I expect they're afraid ivermectin might become the new hydroxychloroquine.  The FDA/NIH/CDC has steadfastly refused any consideration of outpatient therapeutics, & now that the vaccines are on the horizon there is little hope of consideration for anything new.  The "developed" world will just have to accept the casualties of the Winter surge & embark on a massive trial of experimental vaccines.  Hope to heck there won't be any delayed autoimmune / antibody enhanced disease issues, though the schadenfreude of this horror-show would be difficult to avoid after what they've done to us.  Chris Martenson's take on this was priceless: https://youtu.be/FwJq4u_120U?t=272

Look where he checks the latest NIH guidelines for COVID therapeutics after 8 months of consideration: https://youtu.be/FwJq4u_120U?t=1257

Outpatient?  Absolutely NOTHING!  Inpatient?  Remdesiver, remdesivir, remdesivir, with perhaps a bit of dexamethasone if it looks like you might be dying.  

I've got my ivermectin horse paste & 1cc syringes for dosing.  Doxycycline coming in the post from India.  Thanksgiving & Christmas contagion will make for one heck of a New Years Day. 

We live in interesting times!  

Edited by Dorian Grey, 19 November 2020 - 06:27 AM.

• like x 2

#2138 Gal220

• 1,047 posts

Posted 19 November 2020 - 02:13 PM

Outpatient?  Absolutely NOTHING!  Inpatient?  Remdesiver, remdesivir, remdesivir, with perhaps a bit of dexamethasone if it looks like you might be dying.  

Does a hospital have to treat you with the MATH+ protocol if you request it?  What are the patient rights or does it vary state to state?

After the rest of the known world is healthy from Ivermectin... CDC has a eureka moment that it works, Brilliant!

#2139 Dorian Grey

• 2,159 posts

Posted 19 November 2020 - 02:55 PM

I assume hospitals must follow FDA/NIH guidelines unless they are recruiting for a trial.  I've heard of patients requesting to join an open/running trial on admission to hospital and being allowed to do this.  Was looking through clinicaltrials.gov a day or so ago and didn't see anything for ivermectin trials in the USA.  

Independent doctors are free to prescribe as they see fit, but my own GP said he was bound by his groups formulary, which allowed only FDA approved or emergency use authorized medicines.  I expect I'd get the same let-down from a hospitalist doc.  

Edited by Dorian Grey, 19 November 2020 - 02:57 PM.

• Informative x 1

#2140 Dorian Grey

• 2,159 posts

Posted 19 November 2020 - 04:30 PM

Great battle royale in the senate on C-SPAN this morning: Early Outpatient Treatment: An Essential Part of a COVID-19 Solution

You can watch the hearing from the beginning here: https://www.c-span.o...-treatment#

I had some trouble switching from the live feed to "Watch From the Beginning", but succeeded after a couple of tries clicking back & forth while playing live feed.  It runs 2 hours 47 min, so make some popcorn.  Skip to the second gold star from the left to bypass the bloviating (around minute 17:00)

• Cheerful x 1

#2141 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,055 posts

Posted 19 November 2020 - 05:58 PM

is spreading rapidly with no established effective treatments

Clearly they have not seen the RCT Vitamin D3 study. Maybe it came out too late for them to mention it, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were just unaware....considering the complete blackout of any information regarding effective COVID treatments by health bureaucrats and the national media in the U.S.

• Agree x 2
  • Good Point x 1

#2142 Dorian Grey

• 2,159 posts

Posted 19 November 2020 - 09:38 PM

Retired neurosurgeon & Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson takes MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell's oleandrin.  

https://www.yahoo.co...-181131782.html

His COVID symptoms disappeared within hours.  

• Informative x 1

#2143 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 November 2020 - 12:20 AM

Guys if covid causes blood clots, would taking blood pressure medication worsen that because it decreases blood flow therfore more likely to stagnant? When I search "Blood pressure medication covid" it says they improve survivalbility

#2144 Gal220

• 1,047 posts

Posted 20 November 2020 - 03:16 AM

I think proponents of outpatient therapies are suffering from battle fatigue.  The latest ivermectin research should be front page news, but I haven't seen a single mention of it in the media. 

Few articles on TrialSiteNews echoing your frustration.

As hospitals fill, doing nothing is no longer an option against COVID-19. This is war. - Nov.19

"In California, Texas, New York, Virginia and a few other places, a core group of brave physicians is using HCQ and, increasingly, ivermectin. Their clinical experiences align with emerging studies: few hospitalizations, few deaths. Each drug costs perhaps $20"

Why Isn’t Ivermectin Being Widely Researched and Utilized?  - Nov. 15

"Why is ivermectin not being more widely studied and utilized? The most likely and most defensible reason is that it is due to the ignorance of the large and rapidly emerging amounts of recent data showing efficacy that was compiled by the FLCCC. "

Site tracking various treatments, data through Nov. 18 for Ivermectin.

I imagine there will be a tipping point soon.

Edited by Gal220, 20 November 2020 - 03:17 AM.

#2145 Dorian Grey

• 2,159 posts

Posted 20 November 2020 - 05:48 AM

Here's the detail on oleandrin, hot off the press (today).  See attached pdf.  Interesting, it's another lipid soluble alkaloid, like quinine/chloroquine, nicotine, caffeine, & theobromine.  Don't suppose it will come to much fruition unless the vaccines fail, but thought some might find it interesting.  

Attached Files

• Informative x 2

#2146 Gal220

• 1,047 posts

Posted 20 November 2020 - 05:49 AM

Guys if covid causes blood clots, would taking blood pressure medication worsen that because it decreases blood flow therfore more likely to stagnant? When I search "Blood pressure medication covid" it says they improve survivalbility

Tough to make recommendations when medication is involved, I think most people are going to tell you consult a doctor.  I wouldnt hesitate to get a second opinion.

Here is a recent article about it - Blood pressure medications decrease death and severe disease in COVID-19 patients

• like x 1

#2147 Gal220

• 1,047 posts

Posted 20 November 2020 - 02:49 PM

Here's the detail on oleandrin, hot off the press (today).  See attached pdf.  Interesting, it's another lipid soluble alkaloid, like quinine/chloroquine, nicotine, caffeine, & theobromine.  Don't suppose it will come to much fruition unless the vaccines fail, but thought some might find it interesting.  

Sounds like it is unavailable unless you have an inside source, is it sold out of country? They are very proud of it as well, $100 for 1mg.  Was suggested as treatment back in August.  Ivermectin was back in April and still not approved.

FAQ from the producer

Article - "Covid- We are preparing to respond to our two previous applications that the FDA took issue with on certain provisions that have required us to do further studies .These studies on both hamsters and rats are near conclusion and we will resubmit these applications before year end and in our belief be permitted to go to clinical trials."

Edited by Gal220, 20 November 2020 - 02:52 PM.

• Enjoying the show x 1

#2148 Gal220

• 1,047 posts

Posted 21 November 2020 - 06:15 PM

Give David Sinclair credit for mentioning the Lancet study and quercetin/bromelain/C combo.  Some discussion in the thread, few people claiming it didnt work for them.

Some CDC lackey unfollowed him over it, too funny.  Not everyone needs the govt to think for them.

• like x 1

#2149 Gal220

• 1,047 posts

Posted 22 November 2020 - 03:42 AM

Nitric Oxide another Ivermectin, too cheap to get fast tracked like Remdesivir?

-  April 09  Nitric Oxide investigated as Covid 19 treatment

-  May 20  Evidence mounts supporting inhaled nitric oxide as COVID-19 treatment

-  July 22  Nitric oxide may be an effective treatment for COVID-19

-  Oct 07  COVID-19: Nitric oxide shows promise as antiviral treatment

"They treated the cells with a chemical called SNAP (S-nitroso-N-acetylpenicillamine), which generates nitric oxide. As a control, they treated other infected cells with NAP (N-acetlypenicillamine), an almost identical chemical that does not produce nitric oxide.

SNAP reduced the amount of viral RNA produced by the infected cells and the damage inflicted by the virus. Increased concentrations of SNAP resulted in greater protection against the virus"

One MD has been taking Citrulline and Arginine since April to increase his NO
"If you happen to decide the potential benefit outweighs the potential risk for yourself, that's on you. Just don't buy up and hoard all the stock on Amazon, please."

Money or we are are absolutely paralyzed with the fear of being wrong.  Maybe both.

Edited by Gal220, 22 November 2020 - 04:05 AM.

• Cheerful x 1

#2150 Gal220

• 1,047 posts

Posted 23 November 2020 - 04:50 AM

Im still sold on Thomas Levy's H202 nebulizer as the best covid killer, but another alternative is gargling iodine(Chris Masterjohn, Newsmax) or H202

• unsure x 1

#2151 bladedmind

• 286 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 November 2020 - 05:10 PM

The most obvious hazard of inhaling hydrogen peroxide is mistakenly using too high a concentration – which would do harm.  It's a mistake that a naive or careless person could easily make.   I think that’s why “health experts” deplore home use.  Chronic subacute dose might also harm: 

Iodine gargle kits are available over the counter in the U.S.  If you know what you are doing and know how to measure the right dilution you can make your own nasal spray from the liquid in the kit.  However, mistakenly using too high a concentration in your DIY nasal spray could harm.  I use iodine for worst possible circumstances, e.g., one dose before and after medical clinic visit. 

I like “Betadine” brand carrageenan nasal spray, sold outside the U.S. as a cold remedy (and available from Ebay), effective against cold coronavirus, and supported by evidence.  It is benign (used in foods as a thickening agent) – it coats and is antiviral.   Part of the IVERCAR protocol.  Four times a day, once in each nostril and four sprays to the back of the throat. 

Lost the reference, but in the lockdown skeptic subreddit there was a thread populated by health workers who complained that response to Covid-19 is too draconian.  One mentioned that a directive to scrub down all hospital surfaces  with hydrogen peroxide increased pneumonia infections.  Unreferenced, anonymous, second-hand, and anecdotal, I know.  

• Informative x 2

#2152 Gal220

• 1,047 posts

Posted 23 November 2020 - 07:39 PM

The most obvious hazard of inhaling hydrogen peroxide is mistakenly using too high a concentration – which would do harm.  It's a mistake that a naive or careless person could easily make.  

Levy recommends 3% , you can buy 3% FOOD GRADE directly from amazon so no guess work.  I would do 1 part water and 1 part 3% to get it down to 1.5%(less irritation) 

The doctor in the video I linked successfully treated over 100 patients with it, no deaths.   In my opinion, it is hard to imagine how this isnt effective, the CDC absolutely says it kills the virus at .5%

Edited by Gal220, 23 November 2020 - 07:41 PM.

#2153 pamojja

• 2,840 posts

Posted 23 November 2020 - 07:55 PM

Levy recommends 3% , you can buy 3% FOOD GRADE directly from amazon so no guess work.  I would do 1 part water and 1 part 3% to get it down to 1.5%(less irritation) 

The doctor in the video I linked successfully treated over 100 patients with it, no deaths.   In my opinion, it is hard to imagine how this isnt effective, the CDC absolutely says it kills the virus at .5%

Straight 3% might indeed be unneccesarily too much. Dr. David Brownstein used to treat a 0,04% solution along a drop of Lugol, and Mercola seems to have settled on 0,1% hydrogen peroxide: https://articles.mer...n-peroxide.aspx

• Good Point x 1

#2154 smithx

• 1,433 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 01:15 AM

Straight 3% might indeed be unneccesarily too much. Dr. David Brownstein used to treat a 0,04% solution along a drop of Lugol, and Mercola seems to have settled on 0,1% hydrogen peroxide: https://articles.mer...n-peroxide.aspx

Specific concentrations are also mentioned in the paper I referenced here:

https://www.longecit...-72#entry900367

• Informative x 1

#2155 Kalliste

• 1,147 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 05:22 PM

This is a small study using niacin

Attached Files

• Informative x 1
  • like x 1

#2156 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,055 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 05:39 PM

This is a small study using niacin

Do you have a link to the study?

#2157 bladedmind

• 286 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 November 2020 - 03:21 AM

23 Nov 2020

MDs who may actually treat Covid-19 clients, global and U.S., some by telemedicine.

• Informative x 1
  • Agree x 1

#2158 bladedmind

• 286 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 November 2020 - 03:42 AM

Two small RCTs in middle-income countries support efficacy of Ivermectin for Covid-19.

Randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of ivermectin in hospitalized patients (n=180, Iran) obtains strong results

Benha University Breakthrough: Randomized Controlled Trial Shows Ivermectin Effective for Treating COVID-19 & as Prophylaxis

• Informative x 2

#2159 Gal220

• 1,047 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 03:46 AM

Really nice info

ALL STATES

Dr. Michael Uphues (IVM + HCQ)       (406) 702-4418   Text "urgent" or email: muphuesmagic@gmail.com    Telemed anywhere. Meds delivered by pharmacy network. 

Rehoboth Medical Center                   http://rehobothmedic...e-consultation/

Larger number of Doctors prescribing it in Cali, Florida, and Texas.  Wonder what the connection is.

#2160 Gal220

• 1,047 posts

Posted 26 November 2020 - 06:41 AM

Maybe Zalenko is right and HCQ deniers are mass murderers.  

HCQ + zinc + azithromycin - 84% fewer hospitalizations for patients - Nov 25

Marik never figured out the HCQ combo at the East Virginia Medical School(recommends against it), but he was already using Ivermectin before the studies in Peru convinced him he should be using more of it.

Interesting also that Zalenko doesnt appear to use aspirin(or natto), vitamin D, C, or selenium.  Maybe he could have increased his 84%.

Really sad it is 2020 and this kind of thing is still so elusive to the medical community.   If the 84% is legit, how could the WHO and others claim to have missed this data point?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: coronavirus, flu, disease epidemics, viruses, immunity, covid-19

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users