• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 AtrophiedReality

AtrophiedReality
  • Registrant
  • 3 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 August 2020 - 12:14 AM

New user here. Wanted to check with some of you more experienced users of d-aspartic acid where I can get some. I'm planning to see what it can do for my schizophrenia. Want to give it a try, but I don't know of any quality vendors. Anyone here know where to get some? 

#2 Ames

Ames
  • 361 posts

Posted 15 August 2020 - 07:04 AM

I don't have a lead on d-aspartic acid, but have you tried sarcosine or even glycine yet? Those might be recommended first over d-aspartic acid (or d-serine), for an NMDA activating antipsychotic effect, but especially sarcosine.

Consider taking sarcosine with sulforaphane for prostate protection likely via its ability to protect against methylation in the prostate (which sarcosine may increase in prostate tissue).

That being said, I get significant effects from small doses of glycine. There is nothing wrong with starting with a minimum dose of glycine, increasing it as necessary, and working up to sarcosine if needed. Though, I don't have schizophrenia and what you will note to be effective may be different.

This is a good paper that comapres the neurological actions of sarcosine and glycine:

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC2727032/

Zhang HX, Hyrc K, Thio LL. The glycine transport inhibitor sarcosine is an NMDA receptor co-agonist that differs from glycine. J Physiol. 2009;587(Pt 13):3207-3220. doi:10.1113/jphysiol.2009.168757

Edited by Ames, 15 August 2020 - 07:18 AM.

#3 AtrophiedReality

AtrophiedReality
  • Topic Starter
  • Registrant
  • 3 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 August 2020 - 07:15 AM

Ames, I tried glycine before. The dosage is really brutal. Amino acids are acidic so with the sixty plus grams that is suggested it's tough. Sarcosine is probably a better option, but to be honest I'd prefer D-aspartic acid having taken them both before. D-aspartic acid has some potential benefits sarcosine doesn't such as :

D-aspartic levels increase NMDAR numbers, which in turn cause dopamine neurons to build a protective uptake mechanism. This mechanism may help reduce schizophrenia-like symptoms and prevent its development.

And others: 

:text=It%20was%20found%20that%20high,symptoms%20and%20prevent%20its%20development.' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>https://conductscien...ts development.

Sarcosine is a marker for prostate cancer. However I think it builds up because of tumorous cells, not a build up causing cancer. Wouldn't be consumable if it were a carcinogen. The law suites out there would be publicised everywhere. But I'll take that under consideration anyways. Better safe than sorry.   

#4 Ames

Ames
  • 361 posts

Posted 15 August 2020 - 07:33 AM

Ames, I tried glycine before. The dosage is really brutal. Amino acids are acidic so with the sixty plus grams that is suggested it's tough. Sarcosine is probably a better option, but to be honest I'd prefer D-aspartic acid having taken them both before. D-aspartic acid has some potential benefits sarcosine doesn't such as :

D-aspartic levels increase NMDAR numbers, which in turn cause dopamine neurons to build a protective uptake mechanism. This mechanism may help reduce schizophrenia-like symptoms and prevent its development.

And others: 

https://conductscien...ts development.

Sarcosine is a marker for prostate cancer. However I think it builds up because of tumorous cells, not a build up causing cancer. Wouldn't be consumable if it were a carcinogen. The law suites out there would be publicised everywhere. But I'll take that under consideration anyways. Better safe than sorry.   

Re: Glycine dose. That's fair. I would not take a 60 gram dose either. I am coming from a place of differing need, and my doses are 1/100th of that (I have had very positive results for my issue at that dose, but also realize side effects even at that low dose). If your needs require the higher dose, its an obvious non-starter.

Interesting information in regard to d-aspartic acid. I would assume it would be unacceptably neurotoxic, but virtually any of these NMDA stims are neurotoxic to a degree given enough quantity (ie: a saturation dose). You will know better than me.

There is a bit of a debate in regard to what sarcosine means for the prostate, and my conclusion was that the argument against it being carcinogenic wasn't quite compelling enough to dismiss the risk given the research and conclusions for. So, the de-methylation agent recommendation is simply a hedge should you deem that the possible benefit of sarcosine outweighs the possible risk. You make fair points and it is obvious that people are coming down on both sides of the issue. 

Good luck on your search for the d-aspartic acid. 

Edited by Ames, 15 August 2020 - 07:35 AM.

#5 Ames

Ames
  • 361 posts

Posted 15 August 2020 - 07:41 AM

It looks like d-aspartic acid is widely available at common vendors. I'm pretty sure we're not allowed to link to them here, but a google search readily returns the links. You will also have luck searching at a certain resale hub that shares a proper noun with a South American jungle. It's available in capsules and powder.

#6 AtrophiedReality

AtrophiedReality
  • Topic Starter
  • Registrant
  • 3 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 August 2020 - 07:47 AM

Thanks, Ames, hopefully I find some. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users