* * * * * 2 votes

Urolithin A/Mitopure Released

urolithin a mitopure amazentis timeline nutrition

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#1 Decimus

• 100 posts

Posted 15 August 2020 - 09:06 AM

Some of you will remember the interesting studies on urolithin a (the extract that pomegranate produces that supposedly accounts for its longevity benefits) that have come out over the years.  

A 45% increase in the lifespan of nematodes: https://supplementpo...egranate-juice/

Increased strength in humans: https://www.benzinga...lular-nutrition

Anti-inflammatory properties: https://pubs.rsc.org...th#!divAbstract

Neurogenesis: https://jneuroinflam...2974-019-1450-3

The problem with using pomegranate supplementation as a source of urolithin a is 1) in a large percentage of people it does not produce urolithin a 2) the amount it creates in each person is unknown/unstandardized. 

To overcome these issues a Swiss company called Amazentis created a product named Mitopure years ago and began running human trials on it.  It was found to be safe and effective and was finally released a few weeks ago.  It's not cheap: https://www.timelinenutrition.com

The question is, is this actually urolithin a?  It might be a proprietary blend of berries which they ran tests on that showed a rise in urolithin a levels.  Here it is referred to as a "highly pure form of urolithin a." https://www.mitopure...nsumer-product/

In other places, it's referred to as a "berry powder" which may just be the vehicle they chose to deliver it in.  If it is urolithin a it's a bit odd that they would need to release it in a packet rather than in a pill.  The chemistry might require it for some reason, e.g. absorption etc.  If it turns out to genuinely be synthesized urolithin a, and I believe it is, then this is a breakthrough.  

• Informative x 3
  • like x 2

#2 Rays

• 72 posts

Posted 15 August 2020 - 11:14 AM

They write "Mitopure™ is a proprietary and highly pure form of Urolithin A" and "Mitopure™ is our proprietary oral formulation of Urolithin A". So, yes, it really should be Urolithin A.

I don't think it is synthesized (chemically) as elsewhere they write "Mitopure, a pomegranate metabolite". So they use pomegranates to make it. Maybe they grow the Gordonibacter bacteria in they lab, feed them pomegranates and skim the Urolithin A.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 albedo

• 2,063 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 August 2020 - 03:29 PM

Yes I do recollect and have been following this a little (it happens I know some of the researchers).

Let me also point to a couple of places in LC where this has also been discussed:

https://www.longecit...rcopenia/page-2

https://www.longecit...y-fight-ageing/

https://www.longecit...ife-span/page-4

https://www.longecit...thoughts/page-2

• Informative x 2

#4 APBT

• 906 posts

Posted 15 August 2020 - 04:25 PM

From their FAQ page: https://support.time...utrition.com/s/

Is Mitopure™ natural?

Mitopure™, while synthetic, is molecularly and functionally identical to Urolithin A. Urolithin A is produced naturally when gut bacteria metabolize ellagitannins found in pomegranate, berries and nuts.

What is Mitopure™ and what does it do?

Mitopure™ is molecularly identical to naturally occurring Urolithin A. Urolithin A is formed when gut bacteria metabolize a class of precursor compounds called ellagitannins, found in pomegranate, berries, and nuts. Mitopure™ is a novel cellular nutrient that is clinically proven to revitalize mitochondria and power your muscle cells*. It has been clinically shown that Mitopure™ delivers 6X more Urolithin A than Pomegranate juice**. For more information, consult our science page here . 

*500 mg Mitopure™ have been shown to (1) induce gene expression related to mitochondria function and metabolism and (2) increase the strength of the hamstring in measures of knee extension and flexion in overweight 40-65 year olds. 

** 500mg of Mitopure™ have been shown to deliver at least 6 times higher Urolithin A plasma levels over 24 hours (area under the curve) than 8 ounces (240ml) of pomegranate juice in a randomized human clinical trial. 

• Informative x 1

#5 Decimus

• Topic Starter
  • 100 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 06:20 AM

That settles it then. I placed an order. I will likely take a half a packet a day. Hopefully, the price will come down when another nutriceutical company enters the market. It’s an arm and a leg, even at a half dose. I will let you know if there are any noticeable effects. The science looks pretty promising.
  • Informative x 1
  • Agree x 1

#6 Rays

• 72 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 10:31 AM

From their FAQ page: https://support.time...utrition.com/s/

Is Mitopure™ natural?

Mitopure™, while synthetic, is molecularly and functionally identical to Urolithin A. 

Thank you. That's interesting.
Wouldn't that make their statement "Mitopure, a pomegranate metabolite" misleading? I led me to believe Mitopure was made using pomegranates.

https://www.mitopure...pound-mitopure/

#7 Engadin

• 198 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 August 2020 - 11:33 AM

They only ship to the USA right now.  :sleep:

#8 Decimus

• Topic Starter
  • 100 posts

Posted 21 August 2020 - 05:24 AM

So it arrived today. I took a half a packet mixed with water on an empty stomach. I felt a bit of a rush of energy a few minutes later, nothing major. I was a bit concerned at first, as it tastes and looks like nothing more than ground up pomegranates, however, on the back of the box they’ve posted the full list of ingredients and as you can see they list urolithin a as a constituent.

Attached Files

• Informative x 2

#9 Decimus

• Topic Starter
  • 100 posts

Posted 25 August 2020 - 04:13 AM

I’ve noticed a massive increase in exercise endurance. I usually do 30 minutes on a stationary bike every day and by the end of it I’m spent. On the first day I took UA I reached the 30 minute mark and I felt like I had basically just started. So I did another 30 minutes. I got to the one hour mark and I was definitely tired but I felt like I could do another 30 minutes, however, I stopped myself because I didn’t want to shock my system. The following days I had similar results, but not quite as pronounced, perhaps because I did strain my body on day one.

Nonetheless, it is clearly a performance enhancer. Here’s a reference to a study that showed a 42% increase in the endurance of mice running on urolithin a.

https://www.lifeexte...arkers-of-aging

Who knows if any of this translates into longevity. Taking too many antioxidants takes away some of the benefits of exercise, so I’m on the fence about it’s affect on exercise, however, it definitely demonstrates that it’s doing something of interest in my body.
  • Informative x 3
  • like x 1

#10 APBT

• 906 posts

Posted 26 August 2020 - 11:12 PM

Timeline has a 3 pack sample of their product for $10, which is credited back if you make a full 4, 8 or 12 month purchase.  https://www.timeline...der-sample.html

#11 APBT

• 906 posts

Posted 26 August 2020 - 11:15 PM

I’ve noticed a massive increase in exercise endurance. I usually do 30 minutes on a stationary bike every day and by the end of it I’m spent. On the first day I took UA I reached the 30 minute mark and I felt like I had basically just started. So I did another 30 minutes. I got to the one hour mark and I was definitely tired but I felt like I could do another 30 minutes, however, I stopped myself because I didn’t want to shock my system. The following days I had similar results, but not quite as pronounced, perhaps because I did strain my body on day one.

How long before your stationary bike ride did you consume the product?

#12 XRT doc

• 15 posts

Posted 27 August 2020 - 02:47 PM

Anyone order straight urolithin A from chemical supplier such as sigma aldrich?

#13 Decimus

• Topic Starter
  • 100 posts

Posted 27 August 2020 - 03:51 PM

How long before your stationary bike ride did you consume the product?

I don’t remember exactly. Somewhere between 6-12 hours.

#14 Urolithin A

• 11 posts

Posted 27 August 2020 - 07:42 PM

Disclosure: I'm an employee of Amazentis. I've joined the forum to answer questions and facilitate the conversation where we feel we have something helpful to contribute. 

Is Mitopure Urolithin A an extract? Is it made from pomegranates or berries? No. Pomegranates and other foods including select nuts and berries do not contain Urolithin A. These foods contain precursor compounds known as ellagitannins. When you eat these foods your gut may or may not be able to convert the ellagitannins into the Urolithin A bioactive depending on whether you have the right composition of bacteria. Even those who are able to naturally metabolize into Urolithin A do so to greatly varying degrees. That's why we created an isolated form of Urolithin A, called Mitopure. It is synthetic but molecularly and functionally identical to natural Urolithin A and is the first commercial product to offer precise doses independent of diet and microbiome diversity and complexity. In a recent clinical study we showed that even for those people who are able to naturally produce Urolithin A from dietary sources, 500mg of Mitopure delivers >6X Urolithin A when compared to 8 ounces of 100% pomegranate juice (with 16X less sugar) over 24 hours. The Timeline powder product includes 500mg of Mitopure in each daily dose. The berries and pomegranate whole fruit are there purely to offer a great tasting food product that you can enjoy with your daily breakfast - mix into a yogurt, smoothie, cereal, oats and much more.  

What is the right dose to take? We recognize that price is an important factor but after over 10 years of research and development our priority is to commercialize products and doses that have real clinical evidence. In our first in human clinical study we tested 250mg, 500mg and 1000mg doses over 4 weeks (ref below). The primary endpoint of that study was safety but we also looked at pharmakinetics (absorption, distribution, excretion etc..) and the impact on biomarkers of mitochondrial and muscular health. Based on that first human study we took the 500mg and 1000mg and administered them to participants in a double-blind placebo-controlled trial over 4 months. We recently shared topline data that shows that 500mg/day of Mitopure can significantly improve leg muscle strength in overweight 40-65 year olds when compared to placebo. 

What is the pre-clinical and clinical evidence? According to PubMed there have been over 100 studies since 2012 exploring the potential benefits of Urolithin A across areas including brain health, muscle health, inflammatory bowel disease and other conditions. 

Amazentis is the first to run clinical trials in humans. Here is the list of our pre-clinical and clinical research to date:

Nature Medicine publication shows a 50% improvement in lifespan of worms and 40% improvement in endurance of mice. (Nature Medicine volume 22, pages 879–888(2016)) 
Clinical study shows that a decline in muscle strength is associated with a decline in  mitochondrial function. Scientific Reports volume 8, Article number: 8548 (2018) NCT02472340

Double-blind, randomized, placebo controlled clinical trial shows that 4 weeks of daily consumption of Mitopure improves mitochondrial signature in healthy elderly adults. Nature Metabolism volume 1, pages 595–603(2019) NCT02655393

Recent double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial shows that 4-months of Mitopure intake significantly improves muscle strength (leg muscle (hamstring) strength) in middle-aged adults. NCT03464500

Recent randomized clinical trial demonstrates that Mitopure delivers 6X more Urolithin A than 8 ounces/240ml of 100% Pomegranate Juice. NCT04160312

Value of our product: A 2019 study by the AARP found that "Supplements for brain health appear to be a huge waste of money for the 25 percent of adults over 50 who take them". We chose to take a different path - one where we've we pioneered a new mechanism of action (mitophagy) and developed a novel nutrient that has rigorous science and clinical evidence. We sell a daily 500mg dose for as low as $2.83 if you sign up for a 12 month plan or $3.33 for a 4 month plan. Why a 4 month minimum? Because our clinical studies show that impacting muscle function takes time and regular daily use - we recommend 500mg/day for a minimum of 4 months. We've introduced a $10 sample so you can try the product (for taste and experience) before you decide to commit and we credit back the $10 if you decide to purchase a plan. 

You can send us an email at care@timelinenutrition.com if you have more questions. Also we're exploring creating a webinar with leading scientists and physicians, so please send us an email or post on our facebook or instagram if that would be of interest. 

• Informative x 5
  • like x 1

#15 Gal220

• 1,036 posts

Posted 28 August 2020 - 01:46 AM

Someone else trying to cash in on this idea, Ultrapome , they think Lactobacillus plantarum DSM 6595 will produce Urolithin A .  Supposedly formulated by scientist at Harvard Medical School

Pretty sketchy, I can find no one else to confirm this.  If it is true, I would trust Thornes product for delivery.

Edited by Gal220, 28 August 2020 - 01:46 AM.

• Informative x 1
  • WellResearched x 1

#16 Gal220

• 1,036 posts

Posted 28 August 2020 - 10:20 PM

Bifidobacterium pseudocatenulatum INIA P815(link1, link2) produces Urolithin A

There does seem to be a preference for direct supplementation.

"While encouraging natural levels of urolithin A in the gut by consuming the appropriate foods and protecting populations of beneficial bacteria should have positive health effects, the study authors believe the use of the more stable synthetic UAS03 may prove to be therapeutically effective in cases of acute colitis."

• WellResearched x 1

#17 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,634 posts

Posted 31 August 2020 - 03:02 PM

Disclosure: I'm an employee of Amazentis. I've joined the forum to answer questions and facilitate the conversation where we feel we have something helpful to contribute. 

I'm very excited about the prospect of Urolithin A.  However, this will be by far the most expensive supplement I take if I decide to do so (about $1,000 USD/year).

Given that this compound is more of a preventative than something that is going to make someone immediately "feel better", I wonder how successful this will be at that price point.

Basically you'd be paying $1,000 per year to potentially avoid various types of age related decline.  But it's very difficult to know if something like that is working for you, since you don't get a lot of feedback from things that "didn't happen".

• Good Point x 3
  • Agree x 2

#18 Gal220

• 1,036 posts

Posted 31 August 2020 - 03:10 PM

Recent randomized clinical trial demonstrates that Mitopure delivers 6X more Urolithin A than 8 ounces/240ml of 100% Pomegranate Juice. NCT04160312

Certainly I can believe this, but if you had the right bacteria and supplemented with the pomegranite everyday, seems like you could still get many benefits at a fraction of the cost.

I know thats a big IF, but hard to believe this bacteria cant be readily cultured, surprising someone isnt selling it right now.  One would think there would be a dozen or so Ultrapome alternatives.

#19 Urolithin A

• 11 posts

Posted 31 August 2020 - 06:55 PM

I'm very excited about the prospect of Urolithin A.  However, this will be by far the most expensive supplement I take if I decide to do so (about $1,000 USD/year).

Given that this compound is more of a preventative than something that is going to make someone immediately "feel better", I wonder how successful this will be at that price point.

Basically you'd be paying $1,000 per year to potentially avoid various types of age related decline.  But it's very difficult to know if something like that is working for you, since you don't get a lot of feedback from things that "didn't happen".

We hear you. That is why we developed a robust clinical program with multiple studies (and doses) that look at measurable impacts over a few months and also why we introduced a 4 month plan so people can test it for themselves at a lower price point. Our latest clinical study shows that 500mg of Mitopure a day for 4 months can lead to a significant improvement in mitochondrial function AND leg muscle strength. We're also very excited about the longer term potential benefits on longevity, bodily functions and cognition but those will take a bit more time to prove in humans. 

• Informative x 3
  • Good Point x 1

#20 Urolithin A

• 11 posts

Posted 31 August 2020 - 07:14 PM

Certainly I can believe this, but if you had the right bacteria and supplemented with the pomegranite everyday, seems like you could still get many benefits at a fraction of the cost.

I know thats a big IF, but hard to believe this bacteria cant be readily cultured, surprising someone isnt selling it right now.  One would think there would be a dozen or so Ultrapome alternatives.

We've been studying Urolithin A, potential natural dietary sources of the precursor compounds, and the interaction with the microbiome for years and the reality is its enormously complex. You need to be eating the right amount of precursors and have the right bacteria. Unfortunately, as our latest study with 100 participants in Chicago confirms - its a blind gamble - you don't know what your odds are. To our knowledge, at least to date, no one has nailed the exact cocktail of bacteria species that are required to metabolize ellagitannins into Urolithin A in a consistent manner. If you're one of the lucky ones and want to go down the extract route you may want to consider going for a product from a reputable brand that has been clinically tested. One example: https://www.pureenca...-improved.html 

• Informative x 2

#21 Gal220

• 1,036 posts

Posted 31 August 2020 - 07:45 PM

We've been studying Urolithin A, potential natural dietary sources of the precursor compounds, and the interaction with the microbiome for years and the reality is its enormously complex. You need to be eating the right amount of precursors and have the right bacteria. Unfortunately, as our latest study with 100 participants in Chicago confirms - its a blind gamble - you don't know what your odds are. To our knowledge, at least to date, no one has nailed the exact cocktail of bacteria species that are required to metabolize ellagitannins into Urolithin A in a consistent manner. If you're one of the lucky ones and want to go down the extract route you may want to consider going for a product from a reputable brand that has been clinically tested. One example: https://www.pureenca...-improved.html 

They mention it briefly here and there on their website, but doesnt look like they are selling the actual bacteria, this prebiotic is the closest thing. Really odd

• Informative x 1

#22 APBT

• 906 posts

Posted 31 August 2020 - 10:51 PM

Questions regarding Mitopure consumption:

Is this best taken with or without food (empty stomach)?

Is this best taken in the AM or PM?

Can this be taken at the same time as other supplements or should it be taken away from other supplements?

Can more than one packet be taken per day?

• like x 1

#23 Decimus

• Topic Starter
  • 100 posts

Posted 01 September 2020 - 12:21 PM

I’m going to be stopping/dramatically cutting down on UA. I didn’t want to rush to make this post so I tested the negative effect I was having multiple times before deciding to post this.

At first I didn’t feel much other than the huge boost to endurance I mentioned. Then several days later I began to feel tired. As in sleeping during the day tired. So I cut out the UA. I took it out and added it back in three more times and I have no doubt it’s the UA. It usually makes me extremely tired within an hour or two and lasts for several hours afterwards.

If I had to speculate I would say it revved up my metabolism via some route of mitochondria stimulation and eventually had a systemic exhausting effect. It could also have interfered with an energy production pathway through excess of or blocking of certain chemicals. All speculation.

I’ve decided that I will still use it as a sort of mitophahy stimulator twice a month, but I’m stopping daily use of it.

The science still looks very interesting and I would not let one person’s experience reflect negatively on it. Hopefully others will follow and we will get more feedback on their experiences.
  • Informative x 4
  • unsure x 1

#24 APBT

• 906 posts

Posted 01 September 2020 - 01:04 PM

I’m going to be stopping/dramatically cutting down on UA. I didn’t want to rush to make this post so I tested the negative effect I was having multiple times before deciding to post this.

At first I didn’t feel much other than the huge boost to endurance I mentioned. Then several days later I began to feel tired. As in sleeping during the day tired. So I cut out the UA. I took it out and added it back in three more times and I have no doubt it’s the UA. It usually makes me extremely tired within an hour or two and lasts for several hours afterwards.

If I had to speculate I would say it revved up my metabolism via some route of mitochondria stimulation and eventually had a systemic exhausting effect. It could also have interfered with an energy production pathway through excess of or blocking of certain chemicals. All speculation.

I’ve decided that I will still use it as a sort of mitophahy stimulator twice a month, but I’m stopping daily use of it.

The science still looks very interesting and I would not let one person’s experience reflect negatively on it. Hopefully others will follow and we will get more feedback on their experiences.

You posted that your first use was on 21 August; about ten days ago.  Then four days later, you were effectively doubling your previous cardio load.  Depending on your age and general fitness level, I think it's plausible that you over-reached and your body has not had enough time to recover properly.  Much like many C60 anecdotal reports, where people had an initial, novel, burst of endurance and pushed too hard in their training.  Or, your hypothesis could be correct.

How many workouts did you do between 21 August and 1 September? And, what was the level of intensity and duration? 

• Good Point x 2

#25 Decimus

• Topic Starter
  • 100 posts

Posted 01 September 2020 - 02:05 PM

You posted that your first use was on 21 August; about ten days ago. Then four days later, you were effectively doubling your previous cardio load. Depending on your age and general fitness level, I think it's plausible that you over-reached and your body has not had enough time to recover properly. Much like many C60 anecdotal reports, where people had an initial, novel, burst of endurance and pushed too hard in their training. Or, your hypothesis could be correct.

How many workouts did you do between 21 August and 1 September? And, what was the level of intensity and duration?

A couple of things. This is a new company. They put a lot of time, money and energy into creating this product and I was aware I was the first person experimenting with it on this forum, so I wanted to be careful about what I posted. So I did the following to make certain, as much as it’s possible to be certain, that it was the UA:

1) I switched to taking it first thing in the morning when I was completely fresh. I would still wind up exhausted shortly afterward. I’m in my early 40’s so that’s obviously not a normal occurrence.

2) I ran the test several times, one day on one day off, back-to-back for comparison purposes.

3) To account for exhaustion from exercise I decided not to do anymore heavy workouts. I have only worked out twice for thirty minutes in the last week at a moderate intensity. And candidly speaking, the days I’ve taken UA (after the first few days went by) I’ve been too tired to exercise, so it was an easy decision not to do any cardio on those days.

I’m 99% sure it’s the UA, but you can’t be 100% sure of anything. I would point out that metabolism is very unique. It’s very possible no one else will have this result and I would not let anyone be influenced by this. As I’ve said multiple times, this is a very exciting looking supplement on paper and more people should be trying it.

Nonetheless, forums like this are a place to post experiences and I what I’ve posted is an accurate description of mine.
  • Informative x 3
  • Good Point x 2
  • unsure x 1
  • like x 1
  • WellResearched x 1

#26 motorcitykid

• 276 posts

Posted 05 September 2020 - 08:23 PM

Could you give me a best guess on how Mitopure might interact or counteract with other mitochondrial targeted supplements such as MitoQ or Coq10?

• like x 1

#27 mkp6019

• 37 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 September 2020 - 10:43 PM

I tried one of the sample packs the other day. Felt a rush of energy prior to workout and through a 45 minute resistance training session. It did feel like I could do extra reps. More strength and muscular endurance. I'm not discounting a possible placebo effect but energy felt good.  The next day I did feel overwhelmed with fatigue and had more muscle soreness than normal. Obviously, it could have been due to the harder training  and but I am wondering if the supplement itself was the main reason for this. I did do a little bit extra pushing myself 5-10 percent during my sets but purposely lowered overall volume trying not to induce too much damage. Who knows? I will be testing this supplement again and will report back. Excited to try it again. But cautious about it as well.

• Informative x 2

#28 motorcitykid

• 276 posts

Posted 10 September 2020 - 04:15 AM

I purchased a four month supply. Took the first pack today in water on empty stomach(many hours apart from when I take resveratrol, NAD and several hours apart from my MitoQ dose). I experienced what I describe as a flow of clean, youthful energy.

Now lets get to my gnawing gripe with customer service at Mitopure. It is severely lacking.

Urolitin A, why have you not responded to the question I posed in an earlier post? Did you or any of the top dogs at Mitopure ever consider that people taking this supplement are also taking other supplements that support the mitochondria through a mechanism that's different from Mitopure's mechanism of action(mitophagy)?   Mitopure is by far thee most costly oral  mitochondrial supplement (that I know of) currently on the market. I would hate to think that by taking Mitoq, Coq10, NAD might interfere with mitophagy rendering a very expensive supplement(Mitopure) inert.

When Urolithin A did not respond to my question on this board, I messaged the company. I felt like the person I corresponded with was clueless.

MY CORRESPONDENCE WITH THE MITOPURE PEOPLE:

Me:

Could you give me a best guess on how Mitopure might interact or counteract with other mitochondrial targeted supplements such as MitoQ or Coq10?
Also Resveratrol
These are a few of the staple supplements in my regimen. One concern is that Mitoq could offset mitopure's functional mechanism of mitophagy

Miopure Response:

Hi (my name)..our studies indicate that Mitopure is safe for healthy people 18 years and older. If you are on medication, supplements, or have a pre-existing condition, we always recommend consulting your healthcare practitioner before starting Mitopure.

Me:

Thank you, but I'm not asking about safety, I'm directing this question to the scientists and co-creators of this product. It's about Mitopure's mechanisms of action, one being mitophagy and how other supplements might interfere with that process. MitoQ is my go-to for mitochondrial support( I'm sure that the scientists at Mitopure are familiar w/ MitoQ). I would appreciate if someone at Mitopure could shed some light on whether there is likely to be a synergy between the two supplements or if they believe the two should be taken many hours apart.
I also take resveratrol and would like to know if there is any insight as to whether there might be a hindrance to the efficacy of Mitopure if taken together .
I am a new purchaser and would appreciate a response from the scientists/researchers

Mitopure response:My mistake, as I thought you were worried about safety issues. In regards to other supplements interfering, I do not have any data on that. I will reach out to our Science Team and see if they can shed any light on that for you and for me to know. Once I hear back from them, I will follow up with you right away.

Me:

Thank you. This is a very costly supplement, it's an investment and I would like for it to function as the studies indicate. I would hate to find I wasted my money by pairing Mitopure with one of the abovementioned supplements
rendering mitopure inert

Mitopure response:
Our research and studies are primarily focused on understanding the biological effects and physiological impacts of Mitopure as compared to placebo. We cannot comment on other products.

In our first-in-human study in healthy elderly subjects, the 500mg dose showed a significant improvement in mitochondrial health compared to the placebo intervention in just 4-weeks of intervention and showed better absorption compared to the 250mg dose (the low dose). To see an impact at 4-weeks with 500mg of Mitopure (Urolithin A) in a non-trained sedentary population is exciting.

We also recently concluded a long-term efficacy study (4-months) and the 500mg Mitopure dose led to a significant improvement in leg muscle strength in middle-aged subjects (see press release- 

I hope this information helps and please let us know if you need anything else.

Me:
C’mon seriously??
I purchased Mitopure based on the aforementioned studies that you messaged to me
Why would you resend studies that are already on your website?
Has nothing to do with my question
This should not be a difficult question for your researchers to at least take a stab at answering
I just spent a small fortune on this product and i dont want to render mitopures mitophagy properties inert by incorrectly pairing it with another supplement. I also must consider that i might have to take some other mitochondrial supplements many hours apart from Mitopure. This might hold true for resveratrol as well.
I would really appreciate a direct edified response to my question
A hypothesis if you will
I understand there are no formal studies on the subject but just the basic tenets of how mitophagy functions should be enough to form an informal hypothesis

I HAVE YET TO RECEIVE A COJENT RESPONSE TO THE QUESTION I POSED.

This company has done ten years of research on the effects of Urolithin A on the mitochondria. 10 years. I doubt the scientists did their research in a bubble and never heard of the other mitochondrial targeted supplements and never considered their mechanism of action throughout the entirety of their research. 

Edited by motorcitykid, 10 September 2020 - 04:22 AM.

• Good Point x 3
  • Well Written x 1
  • Informative x 1
  • Agree x 1

#29 albedo

• 2,063 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 September 2020 - 07:35 AM

In case you missed it, this is an interview with Amazentis' advisor, Dr. Johan Auwerx, discussing between others Mitopure:

http://www.llamapodc...m/johan-auwerx/

• Informative x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 Urolithin A

• 11 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 11:56 AM

Thank you for your follow up request and concerns. I am sorry that our response was not what you are looking for. As a company founded and run by scientists and doctors, we value scientific responsibility and can only provide recommendations that are evidence backed. We cannot take a “stab at it” and provide informal hypotheses on what interactions may or may not happen when taking Mitopure with other mitochondrial targeted supplements as we have not conducted those types of interventional trials in humans. Our focus has been on understanding the isolated effects that Mitopure has on essential biomarkers of mitochondrial health and physiological endpoints such as muscle strength. As you know, Mitopure acts on an essential anti-aging pathway called mitophagy which promotes the selective recycling of mitochondria and prevents accumulation of dysfunctional mitochondria which can lead to cellular degeneration. This further promotes replenishing the cell with healthy mitochondria through a process known as mitochondrial biogenesis. This is different to many other mitochondrial supplements, such as CoQ10, which is as a co-factor in the electron-transport chain, or Nicotinamide Riboside (NR), which is primarily acting on mitochondrial biogenesis via the NAD pathway (https://www.nature.c...2255-019-0161-5).  

Taking a supplement can have different effects from one person to another, let alone taking multiple supplements. In regards to the other supplements that you have mentioned and currently take, we are well aware of them but have not studied them with Mitopure in clinical trial settings. In fact, one of the commonly used exclusion criteria in our studies is that participants do not take these any other supplements similar to ones that you mentioned that could possibly impact study endpoints focused on muscle and mitochondrial health that are used in our studies. Since we do not have any studies or data on combinations, we cannot provide the specific answer you are looking for with regards to co-administering with other supplements. The science around Mitopure is rigorous but still emerging. We know that the absorption of Mitopure is similar when taken with or without food (for e.g. in a high-protein matrix) and that the levels peak in circulation within the first 6 hours from intake and is eliminated in approximately a day (Nat. Metab 2019).

We proactively engage in forums like Longecity to gather insights on how our clinical trials translate into the real world and welcome your questions and feedback. We work diligently to provide as much insight and guidance so that you get the most out of Mitopure based on the research we have. N=1 experiments have many pitfalls but if you would like to isolate the effect of the different supplements you are taking we are open to hearing about your experience and learning from it.

I purchased a four month supply. Took the first pack today in water on empty stomach(many hours apart from when I take resveratrol, NAD and several hours apart from my MitoQ dose). I experienced what I describe as a flow of clean, youthful energy.

Now lets get to my gnawing gripe with customer service at Mitopure. It is severely lacking.

Urolitin A, why have you not responded to the question I posed in an earlier post? Did you or any of the top dogs at Mitopure ever consider that people taking this supplement are also taking other supplements that support the mitochondria through a mechanism that's different from Mitopure's mechanism of action(mitophagy)?   Mitopure is by far thee most costly oral  mitochondrial supplement (that I know of) currently on the market. I would hate to think that by taking Mitoq, Coq10, NAD might interfere with mitophagy rendering a very expensive supplement(Mitopure) inert.

When Urolithin A did not respond to my question on this board, I messaged the company. I felt like the person I corresponded with was clueless.

MY CORRESPONDENCE WITH THE MITOPURE PEOPLE:

Me:

Also Resveratrol
These are a few of the staple supplements in my regimen. One concern is that Mitoq could offset mitopure's functional mechanism of mitophagy

Miopure Response:

Hi (my name)..our studies indicate that Mitopure is safe for healthy people 18 years and older. If you are on medication, supplements, or have a pre-existing condition, we always recommend consulting your healthcare practitioner before starting Mitopure.

Me:

Thank you, but I'm not asking about safety, I'm directing this question to the scientists and co-creators of this product. It's about Mitopure's mechanisms of action, one being mitophagy and how other supplements might interfere with that process. MitoQ is my go-to for mitochondrial support( I'm sure that the scientists at Mitopure are familiar w/ MitoQ). I would appreciate if someone at Mitopure could shed some light on whether there is likely to be a synergy between the two supplements or if they believe the two should be taken many hours apart.
I also take resveratrol and would like to know if there is any insight as to whether there might be a hindrance to the efficacy of Mitopure if taken together .
I am a new purchaser and would appreciate a response from the scientists/researchers

Mitopure response:My mistake, as I thought you were worried about safety issues. In regards to other supplements interfering, I do not have any data on that. I will reach out to our Science Team and see if they can shed any light on that for you and for me to know. Once I hear back from them, I will follow up with you right away.

Me:

Thank you. This is a very costly supplement, it's an investment and I would like for it to function as the studies indicate. I would hate to find I wasted my money by pairing Mitopure with one of the abovementioned supplements
rendering mitopure inert

Mitopure response:
Our research and studies are primarily focused on understanding the biological effects and physiological impacts of Mitopure as compared to placebo. We cannot comment on other products.

In our first-in-human study in healthy elderly subjects, the 500mg dose showed a significant improvement in mitochondrial health compared to the placebo intervention in just 4-weeks of intervention and showed better absorption compared to the 250mg dose (the low dose). To see an impact at 4-weeks with 500mg of Mitopure (Urolithin A) in a non-trained sedentary population is exciting.

We also recently concluded a long-term efficacy study (4-months) and the 500mg Mitopure dose led to a significant improvement in leg muscle strength in middle-aged subjects (see press release- 

I hope this information helps and please let us know if you need anything else.

Me:
C’mon seriously??
I purchased Mitopure based on the aforementioned studies that you messaged to me
Why would you resend studies that are already on your website?
Has nothing to do with my question
This should not be a difficult question for your researchers to at least take a stab at answering
I just spent a small fortune on this product and i dont want to render mitopures mitophagy properties inert by incorrectly pairing it with another supplement. I also must consider that i might have to take some other mitochondrial supplements many hours apart from Mitopure. This might hold true for resveratrol as well.
I would really appreciate a direct edified response to my question
A hypothesis if you will
I understand there are no formal studies on the subject but just the basic tenets of how mitophagy functions should be enough to form an informal hypothesis

I HAVE YET TO RECEIVE A COJENT RESPONSE TO THE QUESTION I POSED.

This company has done ten years of research on the effects of Urolithin A on the mitochondria. 10 years. I doubt the scientists did their research in a bubble and never heard of the other mitochondrial targeted supplements and never considered their mechanism of action throughout the entirety of their research. 

• Informative x 4
  • Good Point x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: urolithin a, mitopure, amazentis, timeline nutrition

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users