* * * * * 1 votes

Caffeine tolerance reversal and 72 hour fast

caffeine

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Billybear185

• 110 posts

Posted 02 September 2020 - 02:04 PM

This is all quite theoretical and honestly comes more from a hunch than any concrete mechanism. However, I believe if I fast for atleast 72 hours, only consume water and some phenibut for sleep, I may be able to reverse caffeine tolerance much more quickly. On a very broad mechanistic level fasting produces all sorts of changes, BDNF production autophagy etc. In addition, it’s almost an intuition of mine that if I suffer more in a shorter period of time that will mean less suffering in the future (by suffering I mean not having any caffeine or food).I should also add that I’m on a ketogenic diet. I will be starting this fast tonight at 8:00 pm and will end the fast Saturday at 8:00 pm. I will keep everybody updated on how I feel day by day. On the 4th and 5th day I will update everyone on my overall well-being. Primarily my level of alertness and focus. I will try my best to compare that to other times I have quit caffeine and how I felt on the 4th and 5th day. I will also be taking exogenous ketones throughout the day.
  • Informative x 1

#2 Billybear185

• Topic Starter
  • 110 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 09:51 PM

DAY 1

I stopped eating at around 9:00 PM yesterday. It's been about 21 hours without food. My morning ketone levels were .6 mmol and my reading at 21 hours was 1.0 mmol. I should have added in the original post that I previously drink about 3 to 4 cups a day. Right now I miss the coffee almost as much as the food! Tomorrow will likely be the worst day in terms of withdrawal and hunger. On day 4, the day after the fast, I will not have coffee. On day 5 I will have one small cup of coffee. Obviously I will feel it more because I've been off caffeine for 4 days, but I should be able to compare it to previous times when I went without coffee for 18 days.

• Enjoying the show x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: caffeine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users