• NO

Posted 10 April 2022 - 11:22 AM

https://www.youtube....h?v=zqnNvA-DNfg

Attached Files

#2 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,058 posts

Posted 12 April 2022 - 10:11 PM

There must be some other confounding variables in this study.

Dr. Lustgarten might be one of the healthiest people on the planet with the lowest biological age (vs. chronological age)...yet consumes massive amounts of oxalates.

Smart vegans and vegetarians are (the ones who are not obese), are usually in good health, have less CVD, and I would assume eat higher levels of oxalates (while most times not consuming dairy/calcium)

Several meta-studies show a strong correlation between leafy green vegetables and longevity/healthspan.

• Good Point x 2

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for NUTRITION to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Michael Lustgarten

• Topic Starter
  • 348 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 April 2022 - 11:31 AM

There must be some other confounding variables in this study.

Dr. Lustgarten might be one of the healthiest people on the planet with the lowest biological age (vs. chronological age)...yet consumes massive amounts of oxalates.

Smart vegans and vegetarians are (the ones who are not obese), are usually in good health, have less CVD, and I would assume eat higher levels of oxalates (while most times not consuming dairy/calcium)

Several meta-studies show a strong correlation between leafy green vegetables and longevity/healthspan.

Hi Mind, I agree, but I think it's also important to be cautious about oxalate intake, even with calcium as a potential mediating factor. Although the study in the video suggests that I'd be ok in terms of CVD-event risk, when considering that calcium binds oxalate in the intestine, that's potentially less calcium for maintaining BMD. Unfortunately, there's little published data on this link, but I'm considering replacing my ~140g of daily spinach with another Vitamin K-rich, but low oxalate-containing veg.

#4 Michael Lustgarten

• Topic Starter
  • 348 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 April 2022 - 11:20 AM

How Much Oxalate Is Too Much? n=1 Analysis

https://www.youtube....h?v=ujpBbAWQ0fg

Attached Files

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: oxalate, cvd, calcium

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users