- - - - -

NtBHA

ntbha pbn spin trap nxy-059

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ta5

• 952 posts
Posted 14 July 2023 - 02:46 AM

You used to be able to get NtBHA, but no one has sold it for years now. Vitaspace.com used to sell it. I really wish I could get it again. 

Toxicol Res. 2022 Apr 14;38(4):479-486.
Kim ES, Shin Y, Kim EH, Kim D, De Felice M, Majid A, Bae ON. 
The pharmacological or toxicological activities of the degradation products of drug candidates have been unaddressed during the drug development process. Ischemic stroke accounts for 80% of all strokes and is responsible for considerable mortality and disability worldwide. Despite decades of research on neuroprotective agents, tissue plasminogen activators (t-PA), a thrombolytic agent, remains the only approved acute stroke pharmacological therapy. NXY-059, a free radical scavenger, exhibited striking neuroprotective properties in preclinical models and met all the criteria established by the Stroke Academic Industry Roundtable (STAIR) for a neuroprotective agent. In phase 3 clinical trials, NXY-059 exhibited significant neuroprotective effects in one trial (SAINT-I), but not in the second (SAINT-II). Some have hypothesized that N-t-butyl hydroxylamine (NtBHA), a breakdown product of NXY-059 was the actual neuroprotective agent in SAINT-I and that changes to the formulation of NXY-059 to prevent its breakdown to NtBHA in SAINT -II was the reason for the lack of efficacy. We evaluated the neuroprotective effect of NtBHA in N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA)-treated primary neurons and in rat focal cerebral ischemia. NtBHA significantly attenuated infarct volume in rat transient focal ischemia, and attenuated NMDA-induced cytotoxicity in primary cortical neurons. NtBHA also reduced free radical generation and exhibited mitochondrial protection.
PMID: 36277357

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ntbha, pbn, spin trap, nxy-059

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users